Something About Nothing............ #14

I am at SF 20 September to 25 September, then RPR 25 September until 2 October. i am really hoping you do come when planned this September, and would be nice if we happen to do cross paths with you.

Out again, as older one wanted more than I picked up yesterday. Roads were crowded. Guess what I get going out around lunchtime on a Saturday. Had to wait, as little one wanted to come. And yeah, she got food for herself.

With that, happy to hear MonyK is back home and some more funny chicken pictures may be forthcoming. Nice the room was clean and all enjoyed.

Ack, little one rather do her LEGO than puzzle when dumped on the table. Gotta go. Be safe, healthy and oh so happy this Saturday.

Oh surely we’ll be able to cross paths this time. I know we missed each other a few times before.

We should arrive on the 6th, through till October so we have a few nights and days to plan around :thumbsup2

Our Chinese buffet was delicious. Well worth waiting for.

Started with aromatic duck and spring rolls.......followed by six dishes of our choice with rice and some noodles. Oh my goodness......delicious! It did feel like a feast after all these weeks. And glad to see the place was busy with take out.

Going through to the really big tv to watch a movie now......glass of wine for certain.......perfect Saturday night.......

And the sun is shining so bright!!! After a day of grey and rain.

first started, B said that when we could go to restaurants again she wanted to go back to the tea room, so I made a reservation for this afternoon.
Sounds lovely
lol......West of Scotland in the 1970`s was famous for kids having terrible teeth! Mine used to be lovely.....dodgy dentist put paid to that!!!

Welcome home...….hope you have some lovely weather to come back to...….:sunny:
Still here Flight not till 7:30 something or other. Our departure meal @ k&w cafeteria Best fried chicken hands down and check out the prices (bottom of post). Why don’t we have these restaurants in. PA?

Charade-none of us have cavities either. When we lived in Arkansas we were known at the dentist office as the family with all their teeth :rotfl2: .
Haaaaaaaaa
7B876DFC-F504-4560-9958-298085C04B7F.jpegE2434E9C-EEAC-4B4D-8925-D76464DB48D9.jpeg

Sounds lovely

Still here Flight not till 7:30 something or other. Our departure meal @ k&w cafeteria Best fried chicken hands down and check out the prices (bottom of post). Why don’t we have these restaurants in. PA?

Haaaaaaaaa
View attachment 499485View attachment 499486

Oh my!!!

That looks gorgeous!!! And how much of a bargain is that! I’ve just eaten a quarter of a Chinese buffet and now I’m hungry again looking at that!!

Oh I hear you......you should see some of the places we have here.....it would be three times the price and half the food!!

Have a safe flight home......

Safe flight home Keisha, what fun you had, great weather and yeah, my part of PA has none of those yummy places either. Sad.

No Chinese Saturday night for us, as kids want pizza. Eh, either way I will eat. And our AC has been pumping out cool air for quite awhile now. Been very sunny as we get into the evening. Iced tea this afternoon. Sticky icky out.

Safe flight home Keisha, what fun you had, great weather and yeah, my part of PA has none of those yummy places either. Sad.

No Chinese Saturday night for us, as kids want pizza. Eh, either way I will eat. And our AC has been pumping out cool air for quite awhile now. Been very sunny as we get into the evening. Iced tea this afternoon. Sticky icky out.

Pizza isn’t a bad choice Lynne. I think we’ll go back to pizza next week.....much as though we loved the Chinese!!! I’m glad we know we can get it anytime now.

Not sticky here, but temps have gone up slightly from earlier. Feels much milder. Will still have bedroom windows open tonight.....

Just put my diced beef in the slow cooker to cook overnight. Bottle of ale, beef stock and loads of black pepper with few other little bits......it’ll cook all night till around 7am. Then let it cool, pop it In fridge, then make it into a steak pie with puff pastry for dinner tomorrow evening.

No real cooking tomorrow.

More rain forecast.......and to be dull when it’s not raining. If we can we will head down for a beach walk. We’ll squint and try to imagine we’re in New Smyrna Beach........😁

Good evening. I haven’t caught up. Meant to yesterday but had an oops.
Met a friend for coffee. We were walking to a little community park with our coffee when I stepped on an uneven spot on grass beside sidewalk. Went down, coffee flying. Hit my left shoulder, elbow, knee..was able to get up after a couple of minutes And walk back to coffee shop. good thing we hadn’t got far. I got myself a new coffee and we sat there to drink. Tables were far apart. It was nice to get together, and ran into a few locals I know.
Back started to hurt so I had to leave. Could hardly get into car. Good thing I was only 5 min from home.
Really started hurting, on right side of back, the opposite side I fell on.
Hurt to breathe. Could hardly move. I ended up sleeping on the Lazyboy recliner. Couldn’t lay flat. Taking Celabrex and Tylenol. It’s helping a lot.
Slept a lot today. I don’t know if the Celebrex makes me sleepy?

Hope everyone is having a better weekend than me lol!

Met a friend for coffee. We were walking to a little community park with our coffee when I stepped on an uneven spot on grass beside sidewalk. Went down, coffee flying. Hit my left shoulder, elbow, knee..was able to get up after a couple of minutes And walk back to coffee shop. good thing we hadn’t got far. I got myself a new coffee and we sat there to drink. Tables were far apart. It was nice to get together, and ran into a few locals I know.
Back started to hurt so I had to leave. Could hardly get into car. Good thing I was only 5 min from home.
Hurt to breathe. Could hardly move. I ended up sleeping on the Lazyboy recliner. Couldn’t lay flat. Taking Celabrex and Tylenol. It’s helping a lot.

Oh jeez hope you get feeling better, sounds like you may have hurt a rib possibly too, rest and take it easy.....

It’s hot and humid today...
Just like yesterday and all this coming week.

Did a few errands today
Anything I need later, will send Mr Mac to do

lol...….I wish we had hot and humid...…..we have wet and woolly......not quite the same!!!

I think that's most of right now Lynne......comfy sofa and snacks......hard to beat really!

Sue, if it keeps hurting like that go get it checked out. You could have really hurt yourself. I hope not......I have no idea what Celabrex is but if it helps you sleep might be a good thing.

Never had a lazyboy...they always look so comfortable.....so I hope you managed to get a decent sleep on it. Isn`t that just typical though.....start to feel like normality and you fall over. Your friend must have got such a shock too, seeing you just go over like that.

Like mac....sending gentle hugs.......

Did you guys see the tornado hit Orlando last night? Some of the videos out there are quite incredible.

Makes our high winds look like nothing!

It`s still raining here and after a quieter evening, winds got back up again early hours. I slept through most of it, but it woke me up a couple of times.

Beef looks and smells delicious this morning......will make a lovely steak pie later.......with the pastry, incredibly unhealthy....but so delicious.

As the weather still sucks.....we won`t be going anywhere today again. We don`t need any groceries so will content ourselves to pass the day away. Have to admit, now ready to start moving along with normality coming back, whenever that will be.

Still no word on salons.......:( Kyle is really happy with the haircut I gave him last week, so that`ll do him for around 6 weeks. And Tom.....doesn`t take long to do his.......::yes::

fat15-L.jpg

fat7-M.jpg

Have a fabulous Sunday.........

Oh Sue, sending lots of gentle hugs too. I hope you are felling better soon.

Sunny start, and will be a nice day, full of sun for this Sunday, with a pleasant high around 80, and much less humidity.

Not much to do, but that weekend routine, wash, trash out, and finish any grocery shopping we missed. And relaxing. Yay!

So tea in hand, remote as well, and a nice, quiet house. I have no idea when my kids went to sleep, as I was sound asleep by 10 last night. Guess I needed the rest, and there was crap nothing on the screen I was interested in, so early to bed I was.

Good Morning, and have a great Sunday. ☀️

Thanks Disney Life, Schumi, Mac & Lynne. My back is starting to feel better. I did nothing yesterday. Just rested. Celebrex is a long lasting (24 hr) anti-inflammatory. Think today will also be a quiet day. I woke at 4:00 am and wasn’t able to go back to sleep. A bit uncomfortable. But not too bad.

Schumi your house must smell amazing this morning! No idea yet what we’re doing for dinner tonight. We had steaks last night. And it’s bacon this morning ::yes::
No I didn’t hear about the tornados in Orlando yikes. They are so scary. Glad we don’t have them.

Lynne sounds like some pleasant Sunday weather! Sunny day here but only going up to mid 60’s. Yesterday the sun came out late afternoon so we sat out on the patio. I think I got a bit red! Didn’t have sunscreen on my face.

Good morning. I didn't sleep well last night, so I really don't want to be awake right now. No plans for the day except for a trip to the grocery store.

Yesterday's tea was nice. I think we drank 2 large pots of Yorkshire Gold. One day I would like to go back there and try their lunch. While we were there B ran into a friend from high school who she hasn't seen in 2 years.

Also while at tea I got a text from a friend asking me about my vet. I was a bit surprised since her husband has been against them getting a pet. This weekend they had made an emergency trip back to their hometown because the husband's birth father is very sick (not Covid), in the hospital, and not expected to live much longer. They agreed to take care of his dog. My friend sent me pictures. She is a cute dog, but they are not sure exactly what kind she is.

Sue, I agree with Schumi. Please see a doctor if the pain doesn't get any better. Sending hugs and well wishes your way.

I had not heard about the Orlando tornados. I have some friends who live there, so I need to check on them. I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

My early morning news had news of the tornadoes that destroyed 8 or so houses as damages in Orange, and roofs off other places. Was happy to hear none hurt or killed.

Went for a walk, as so nice outside. Then did my last of grocery needed for the week.

Lunch or brunch, as I fired up the grill, and burgers with air fried fries, and cooked some chicken nuggets. Donuts on the side. Now I am full.

Hello to all the homies, and yum tea service, Charade. I took my mom to Harrod’s tea when I took my mom to England before I had kids. I like a proper tea service, we did go to one quiet far away, but I was not fond of their tea sandwiches, but at least their tea was good. We have none close to us. Which is sad. There is a tea place near us now, but they are expensive, and well, I like the tea I make, sometimes even ice it.

With that, time to get the trash out.

It’s Sunday and that means Mr Mac and I order pizza

You can tell when I’ve had a dull day since food is the only thing I can think about.

It is hot and humid where I live so been in the house all day.

Hope all the homies are doing good.
Check in when you can!

I’ve only counted a few noses here today.....

Thanks Disney Life, Schumi, Mac & Lynne. My back is starting to feel better. I did nothing yesterday. Just rested. Celebrex is a long lasting (24 hr) anti-inflammatory. Think today will also be a quiet day. I woke at 4:00 am and wasn’t able to go back to sleep. A bit uncomfortable. But not too bad.

Schumi your house must smell amazing this morning! No idea yet what we’re doing for dinner tonight. We had steaks last night. And it’s bacon this morning ::yes::
No I didn’t hear about the tornados in Orlando yikes. They are so scary. Glad we don’t have them.

Lynne sounds like some pleasant Sunday weather! Sunny day here but only going up to mid 60’s. Yesterday the sun came out late afternoon so we sat out on the patio. I think I got a bit red! Didn’t have sunscreen on my face.

Glad the pain has eased a little.....I imagine you`ll hurt for a while after taking such a fall! Keep up the pain relief and rest. And sunburn too....lol....not your weekend is it!!! Things can only get better...….::yes::

Good morning. I didn't sleep well last night, so I really don't want to be awake right now. No plans for the day except for a trip to the grocery store.

Yesterday's tea was nice. I think we drank 2 large pots of Yorkshire Gold. One day I would like to go back there and try their lunch. While we were there B ran into a friend from high school who she hasn't seen in 2 years.

Also while at tea I got a text from a friend asking me about my vet. I was a bit surprised since her husband has been against them getting a pet. This weekend they had made an emergency trip back to their hometown because the husband's birth father is very sick (not Covid), in the hospital, and not expected to live much longer. They agreed to take care of his dog. My friend sent me pictures. She is a cute dog, but they are not sure exactly what kind she is.

Sue, I agree with Schumi. Please see a doctor if the pain doesn't get any better. Sending hugs and well wishes your way.

I had not heard about the Orlando tornados. I have some friends who live there, so I need to check on them. I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

We love going for afternoon Teas anywhere.....London and a few other places have amazing Afternoon Teas....we loved The Savoy and The Corinthia in the past. But another amazing tea is a Cornish cream tea. Served in Cornwall and also Devonshire Cream Teas. Two counties in the very south of England. Scones with preserve and clotted cream....which sounds not very nice to some, but it is amazing. Thickest cream ever, almost butter like. if you ever make it to the UK, that's a must do. Devon and Cornwall are beautiful parts of England.

Glad you enjoyed it though…...I like a nice pot of tea at anytime.

I am now googling Orlando tornado

had not heard anything about it on last nights news

I saw the reports when I switched my laptop on this morning.....when Orlando makes the headlines, I notice....lol....yes no one seems to be hurt thankfully.

My early morning news had news of the tornadoes that destroyed 8 or so houses as damages in Orange, and roofs off other places. Was happy to hear none hurt or killed.

Went for a walk, as so nice outside. Then did my last of grocery needed for the week.

Lunch or brunch, as I fired up the grill, and burgers with air fried fries, and cooked some chicken nuggets. Donuts on the side. Now I am full.

Hello to all the homies, and yum tea service, Charade. I took my mom to Harrod’s tea when I took my mom to England before I had kids. I like a proper tea service, we did go to one quiet far away, but I was not fond of their tea sandwiches, but at least their tea was good. We have none close to us. Which is sad. There is a tea place near us now, but they are expensive, and well, I like the tea I make, sometimes even ice it.

With that, time to get the trash out.

It`s so funny to hear of iced tea. Alien to us over here....it`s got to be hot. I love how Afternoon Tea has evolved in time, now it`s a lot fancier and more options than there used to be. Haven`t been for a proper "fancy" afternoon tea for years. Last time we went in to London for the day, we opted for nice lunch instead. But, we will do it another time when things are operating normally again.

Lunch sounded so nice Lynne!!!

mac...….your lovely rose bushes would love all this rain we`ve had........🌹 They`re already a good size, but my goodness they`d be huge!!! Did I tell you we lost our white rose bush? Our gardener cut it out as it had some kind of disease.....so off it went. It`s a shame as that was the only rose bush we had. Well, except for that one single rose that grows in some of the trees.....that is unusual as there is no sign of a root for roses anywhere......I must look out that picture, it`s a little unusual.

Enjoy that pizza 🍕......yes, it`s been quiet on here today for a Sunday......

Well, rain has finally stopped. It`s cool though and no sign of warming up till Tuesday when we should reach a pitiful 68F. Yep, June isn`t great weather wise so far.

We should get a walk tomorrow as long as it stays dry.

Dinner was lush. And very filling. I had made an apple pie, but none of us had any room for it. Decided to freeze it instead.

Think we all are heading for an early night. It seems darker tonight, and only two weeks till the longest day which is quite a thought. Everything is just a dark grey outside, except for the trees and grass with all the rain, they are thriving.

I fancy a hot chocolate, but no one else does, so just for one.....I don`t think we have any marshmallows left, but maybe some crumbled chocolate flake bar on top will do as an alternative to them.....:)

Then we took the top off the jeep and took a ride

Oooh, nothing like a jeep ride to put a smile on your face

Tell your friend......::yes::
She took your advice and was very very happy she did.

I had never heard of the recumbent elliptical until a couple of weeks ago. Dh was changing channels and happened to stop on HSN and they were selling one.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like that would do wonders for my knees.
'
Happy birthday to DisneyLifePapioNe wife
Happy Birthday pixiedust:pixiedust:

That person had to leave and she sanitized the chair and then text me to come in. Temp was taken, you had to have mask on.

That's so good they are taking precautions

We've been consistently going down in cases.

Wonderful news. We were doing well then the last 2 days we have spiked.

Zohan is honestly the only Adam Sandler movie I have enjoyed...

Ahem, "50 First Dates"

seal damage causing clouding in between the bottom section and extra moisture in the upper panes.

We must have the same windows. We havent taken the plunge to replace them as we fear they will all need replacing eventually,.

So we made it to June! 2 more weeks of school left

Yay, Summer break!

I'm not sure I can handle wearing a mask all day in the heat.

We were thinking of coming down for a weekend trip in September for Passholder Days, but worry about the mask thing. That being said, the county where I work is talking about mandatory masks if you are not at home.

I`ve been getting a lot of folks asking to meet up this September

You may have to just extend your stay to get all those meet n greets in.

Well suv buying was interesting today

Cars are scarce in the used car market. Dealers have been buying like crazy.

Oh Sue, I hope you were just stiff after sitting and enjoying your visit and that it is nothing serious.

I wish we had hot and humid.

No you really dont, 80 in humidity is like 100+ in California. We were supposed to have an indoor weekend and then hubby decided to cut down a tree. You can stand still and he sweat just rolls. If I didnt have such a distaste for a rock and cactus yard we would probably already be back out west.

Have a great week every one. 5 more days til the weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts