Something About Nothing............ #14

. I somehow managed not to make a sarcastic reply.
U r a better woman than me.
I’m a bad influence.
Those women are the ones who keep life interesting
Did get a text from one of my friends who lives about two hours away asking if we were having our usual Boxing Day get together this year?????????? I replied was she serious.....she was!!! I told her I honestly hadn`t even given it a thought.....will I want around 40 people in my home by then......absolutely!!!! ::yes::
Tell her u will send a save the Date text lol
Yeah, I am not fond of Diet Coke, much rather have Diet Pepsi. Sugared ones, I rarely drink. Rather have water or lemonade than regular soda.
Only diet soda I could down was diet mt dew. Have to enjoy sparingly as I get the jitters

Stopped drinking diet soda after the various studies saying it didn’t help overall with weight.
Enjoyed our walk......met the daughter of one of my best friends who passed away, and we haven’t seen her since the beginning of the year.......it’s always lovely to see her as we just adore her. Can’t believe it’ll be four years this month since my friend passed away. Time really does fly.
Nice to hear, that family went thru the winger
Will have a busy day at my house.

windows we ordered will be installed today

this is almost as exciting as Taco Bell day
Wow that’s great! I keep dragging feet on selling that kidney to pay for mine
Yes indeed, and the mouse just made my decision, SF booked for my first 5 nights, then I move over to RPR for the next week. Might as well use my USAP more days.
Any particular tipping point for you? I’m at 50-50 for August if truth be told
Hooray for Sue!

I plan on wearing a hat in case I do not get a hair appointment before I go to Orlando.
We could always stop by ur hotel room & frost lol
have no idea how people lived in the South before ac was available.
Lots of bourbon & moonshine
That is one ugly camel!!!!
hump-hhh
was just very anxious little one was driving home in that afternoon storm, and she told me a large branch hit the car as she was passing through an intersection.
Scary stuf. My oldest ds getting tagged by that tree gave me newfound appreciation
Lol. I am still floored that allegiant air’s military appreciation allows free: seat assignment, overhead carry on & 2 checked bags up to 100 pds each

ps weather great so far here
79FC40CC-AF27-47C0-84EB-D656ED27F7CE.jpegEC21D14E-CF60-406A-B41C-EA724D4F1F96.jpegWas thrilled to find a friendlys for dessert . None in our area ice cream overload. And, hot krispy creams for breakfast Nom

U r a better woman than me.

Those women are the ones who keep life interesting

Tell her u will send a save the Date text lol

Only diet soda I could down was diet mt dew. Have to enjoy sparingly as I get the jitters

Stopped drinking diet soda after the various studies saying it didn’t help overall with weight.

Nice to hear, that family went thru the winger

Wow that’s great! I keep dragging feet on selling that kidney to pay for mine

Any particular tipping point for you? I’m at 50-50 for August if truth be told

We could always stop by ur hotel room & frost lol

Lots of bourbon & moonshine

hump-hhh

Scary stuf. My oldest ds getting tagged by that tree gave me newfound appreciation

Lol. I am still floored that allegiant air’s military appreciation allows free: seat assignment, overhead carry on & 2 checked bags up to 100 pds each

ps weather great so far here
View attachment 498962View attachment 498963Was thrilled to find a friendlys for dessert . None in our area ice cream overload. And, hot krispy creams for breakfast Nom

Yay.....a Keisha sighting........

Dessert looks soooooo good!!!!! Lovely pictures........and nice hair!!

Yes, I believe the aspartame in diet drinks is dreadful for you.....some studies show it makes you hungry....I can believe that!

Glad the trip is going so well.......

And we crossed one hurdle today.........Virgin are flying again from July 20th :cheer2::cheer2: They had said they maybe not flying till August at the earliest.......so good news for all with flights booked.

Now we need the flight ban to the USA lifted.........please please please US Government!!!

I went in a shop today........first one since March.....it was quite pleasant, people were very considerate of each other and left plenty of room for moving around. It’s not small but it’s not huge either. And managed to pick some avocados......I never trusted the click and collect to pick them just as I like......

So my meal tonight is chicken breast, huge sliced avocado and spicy cous cous. My guys are having fish and chips.

Still cool here....no sitting out for sure.

Yay! Schumi, glad to hear your airline is opening next month. And will cross my fingers and toes that we open our country for visits from your country.

Woot! Keisha eating ice cream and having fun! Nice weather too, as I have seen some posts from Universal that they were wet a couple of hours ago.

Wee, while not very high risk, my phone just buzzed with a tornado warning for later this afternoon. Hope the kids get lots of pool time before the storms come.

Reports of many still without power, eww with this hot and humid day so far, and trees and branches still being cleaned off houses and buildings. Our little local zoo had many buildings damaged or destroyed. Credit all to make sure all animals and workers were fine. Just a little creative housing for the animals as repairs and new buildings continue.

Time for lunch soon. Hmm, what? Thinking maybe cooking up some chicken.

Quick late night check in. On tomorrow's agenda is a trip to the dentist. Phase 2 begins tomorrow, so we might actually eat inside a restaurant again.

I always have very weird and vivid dreams
That's me as well. Mine are crazy. There has only been a couple of times that I actually understood what they meant. I made the mistake of telling some to my boss once and she tried to psychoanalyze them.

hot krispy creams for breakfast Nom
Yummy. I have to drive an hour to get KK donuts.

Midnight. Time to get some sleep.

Yay! Schumi, glad to hear your airline is opening next month. And will cross my fingers and toes that we open our country for visits from your country.

Woot! Keisha eating ice cream and having fun! Nice weather too, as I have seen some posts from Universal that they were wet a couple of hours ago.

Wee, while not very high risk, my phone just buzzed with a tornado warning for later this afternoon. Hope the kids get lots of pool time before the storms come.

Reports of many still without power, eww with this hot and humid day so far, and trees and branches still being cleaned off houses and buildings. Our little local zoo had many buildings damaged or destroyed. Credit all to make sure all animals and workers were fine. Just a little creative housing for the animals as repairs and new buildings continue.

Time for lunch soon. Hmm, what? Thinking maybe cooking up some chicken.

Lunch is easy for us today again....I made enough chicken noodle soup to do two days, it was lovely yesterday and look forward to it again today.

Hope the storm didn't amount to much. So much damage from them so far.

Quick late night check in. On tomorrow's agenda is a trip to the dentist. Phase 2 begins tomorrow, so we might actually eat inside a restaurant again.

That's me as well. Mine are crazy. There has only been a couple of times that I actually understood what they meant. I made the mistake of telling some to my boss once and she tried to psychoanalyze them.

Yummy. I have to drive an hour to get KK donuts.

Midnight. Time to get some sleep.

Yes, I have a niece and a very good friend who want to constantly analyze my dreams. One is a psychotherapist and her interest in them worries me a lot.....lol......I have several recurring dreams that some make sense when I think about it, but one or two that are so out there, but normal at the same time. I like being able to remember most of my dreams....some don`t.

Hope you enjoy eating out soon!!!! A bit longer for us.

Woke up to a wet and grey Friday this morning.

Did plan to have a drive somewhere again today, but not much point if it`s to rain all day, or most of the day. And a high of around 54F......

Will have to think of something to do today......laundry is all up to date and house is sparkling.

Will also have to think about dinner too.....maybe some steaks if everyone wants them. Lunch is sorted....chicken noodle soup.

This was the weekend us and 5 other couples were supposed to be having 4 days in Switzerland. It was arranged end of last year as two couples were home from Saudi and one set of friends live out there now. Timing just fitted all the ones still working. But, with this virus it`s not happening. We were planning on getting flights just as this started, so glad we didn't get around to it. And I still have some Swiss Francs to spend someone on here very kindly gave Tom and I a while back when we mentioned we were planning this trip in the very near future...…😁 I`ll get to spend it one day!!!!

fat3-M.jpg

fat6-L.jpg

HLN has reporters live at US today. Was watching non APH crowds trickle into park. They had a camera in garage security area too

We were planning on getting flights just as this started, so glad we didn't get around to it. And I still have some Swiss Francs to spend someone on here very kindly gave Tom and I a while back when we mentioned we were planning this trip in the very near future...…😁 I`ll get to spend it one day!!!!
Sooner vs later u will get there, the Swiss don’t mess around with time:)

haven’t seen any rain here yet,rare. Think we will run into showers next 2 days. Dinner at one of my favs last night, Carolina roadhouse. The croissants nom. Wish we had that chain near us

Attachments

• EDDCCB53-3B9A-4E43-AD5B-439A05FDF5B7.jpeg
    EDDCCB53-3B9A-4E43-AD5B-439A05FDF5B7.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 51A97A45-D8DB-44BF-9895-5C8C15100BE3.jpeg
    51A97A45-D8DB-44BF-9895-5C8C15100BE3.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 13
Happy Friday indeed! Moving slower with a long shower is a great way to start this morning. Even a cup of coffee as DH wanted some, so why not?

Never heard of that chain, Keisha. Yum sounding food. Yeah, maybe you didn’t see rain, but the Facebook Passholder page showed many a soggy looking APer. Hope the rain stays far away for your park trips. Hey, maybe you will be on the news.

Thanks Schumi, many a wood chipper being heard, and a tree blocked road I encountered yesterday, so hoping if I go that way again, tree is removed. News had some massive looking trees that fell on cars, houses, an apartment building and zoo buildings, as well as across streets. Had another round of very loud thunder and rain, with a loud, close strike of lightning around midnight last night. Was gone in about 1/2 hour, and then I had a very good sleep.

Charade, me too, the closet Krispy is almost an hour away. When I am at Universal, that’s when I go near the M Mall, as there’s a cute Krispy there, like about 10 minutes away from PBH and a minute it two longer from RPR/SF. I am not fond of the donut shop in City Walk.

With that, some grocery store trip is needed. More soup, bacon and what ever else kids want. Little one would be happy in Schumi’s home, she is a big fan of chicken noodle soup. Home made, yum. I like it too.

Happy Friday morning!

Good morning and happy Friday. It was nice to be able to sleep in a little today.

My new elliptical was delivered this morning. I just hope it isn't too difficult to assemble. If all goes well I should have the sofa out of my spare room on Tuesday, and have plenty of room for the elliptical.

This was the weekend us and 5 other couples were supposed to be having 4 days in Switzerland.
That is such a major bummer. We were supposed to be in Georgia last weekend. I will be so glad when we can lift all travel restrictions. A few of my friends have gone to beach towns this weekend, but we are not beach people.

Dinner at one of my favs last night, Carolina roadhouse. The croissants nom. Wish we had that chain near us
I have never heard of that one. I looked it up and the menu looked really good.

Thanks Schumi, many a wood chipper being heard, and a tree blocked road I encountered yesterday, so hoping if I go that way again, tree is removed. News had some massive looking trees that fell on cars, houses, an apartment building and zoo buildings, as well as across streets. Had another round of very loud thunder and rain, with a loud, close strike of lightning around midnight last night. Was gone in about 1/2 hour, and then I had a very good sleep.
Sounds scary. Glad you are safe. I am hoping this year's hurricane season is a mild one. We don't need anymore craziness this year.

Time to get up and get ready for the dentist.

I'm done working for today-Started at 5 am as I was up and in car anyway...now trying to distract myself as 17 year old drove through Nashville :scared1: :eek:-where is the white knuckle thingy??
Lynne-glad your DD is ok-driving through storms not fun.
Mac-new windows? Glad it went smoothly. Have been pestered after every storm from roofing companies.
Keisha-that looks lovely-are you at Hilton head?
Charade-sorry for the travel plan disruption. Cool puzzle though. and YAY for phase 2. It feels really weird to be inside restaurants. I am not worried at all about being out, but after a few months of isolation it takes some readjustment. And thankfully with patio weather can eat outside anyway. Our phase one seems to be more lenient than most. Our governor also extended it until June 15-he is being cautious which is fine.
Schumi-sorry about the Switzerland trip! Hopefully stars will align so all of you will be able to go at later date. And yay for flights again-just need the border to open up.
Hi Sue!! Isn't it great to get the hair done??
we have had peaceful protests, thankfully no violence. We've been in the news enough lately with the Lake Ozarks Memorial day party (no positive Covid19 cases from that per health officials yesterday), and the hairstylist (where the news failed to report accurately the timeline and our health commissioner shamed her and invited the death threats - he has yet to apologize when he go the FACTS wrong)-oh and no positive cases from that either.
Shout out to all the others I've missed -
Anyone else get the Universal annual passholder email? Between the dedicated lane into parking (hope THAT stays :)), dedicated entrance, free freestyle cup etc - Universal is honoring the passholders. UGH so not looking forward to a mask in the park but DH and kiddo wanna go-looking at next Tuesday.

Stay well and hydrated!

Myrtle beach proper. DiL working on me for a girls trip here again end of month lol
UGH so not looking forward to a mask in the park but DH and kiddo wanna go-looking at next Tuesday.
I nearly passed out wearing one inside at ripleys

back onto beach now after lunch At river city cafe for some killer burgers. First pic at Ripley’sreminded me of transformers at U lol
B210D72B-10BC-4CAA-BDC9-7E6FB9236208.jpeg56239940-A83B-48E4-817B-6A5B6861D88A.jpeg9DD5E8CC-0577-4C9C-B3FC-909A51546A3D.jpeg403722CE-7645-46A2-8DDF-C516FEEE7DCF.jpeg

Aww, MB fun. Thanks Keisha, yep, little one is a good driver and has had her share of horrible downpours while on the road. Where we live, you have to be able to drive in pouring down rain and snow, and cold and hot enough to make you shiver and sweat to ever so icky. Why all season tires are a good thing, and since my car is just about 4 years old, at the end of the summer, new tires for it. The tires from the time we bought it are crappy, compared to the new car we bought years ago. Not as nice tires. So, will replace them with the tires I like.

Ooh, and new roof. House poor, but by the time, it needs another new one, I may not even be here, or will be relaxing on a beach, 105 years old.

Where has the day gone? I had another great dental visit 😁 and then we went to our favorite Italian restaurant for lunch. It was so nice to eat indoors for a change. After lunch we stopped by the Dollar Tree. My mom likes to do word search puzzles, or "circle words" as she calls them. She told me that she has finished all the ones my brother sent her for Christmas, so I bought a dozen books to send her for her birthday this month. Back home I started some more laundry and finished straightening up the spare room.

Today is National Donut day-
I didn't need to know that. We found a donut truck after lunch and bought their last dozen.

we have had peaceful protests, thankfully no violence.
That's great o hear. Ours start out peaceful, but quickly escalated.

Dh wants to go to Busch Gardens when they open even if we have to wear masks. I'm not sure I can handle wearing a mask all day in the heat.

Ooh, and new roof. House poor, but by the time, it needs another new one, I may not even be here, or will be relaxing on a beach, 105 years old.
We are almost finished paying off our new roof. Now on to the next project.

I have no idea what we are going to do tonight. I can't wait until the movie theaters are able to reopen.

We are in what our state calls yellow today. No indoor eating, and while retail is allowed to be open, asked to buy curb side and not go in. I was going to go to Marshall’s to look around, but decided nothing I need, and stopped at Wawa for a late lunch. I wish it included salons, but nope. And dentists but not eye doctors. Sigh. I am so ready for green, when all allowed to be open. But still will not do much indoor for quite awhile.

Tonight, just relaxing. And that’s a good thing for a Friday night.

HLN has reporters live at US today. Was watching non APH crowds trickle into park. They had a camera in garage security area too

Sooner vs later u will get there, the Swiss don’t mess around with time:)

haven’t seen any rain here yet,rare. Think we will run into showers next 2 days. Dinner at one of my favs last night, Carolina roadhouse. The croissants nom. Wish we had that chain near us

lol.....how true, precision is their craft for sure! And chocolate too.....glad the weather is good for you all.

Love the sandcastles!!!

Happy Friday indeed! Moving slower with a long shower is a great way to start this morning. Even a cup of coffee as DH wanted some, so why not?

Never heard of that chain, Keisha. Yum sounding food. Yeah, maybe you didn’t see rain, but the Facebook Passholder page showed many a soggy looking APer. Hope the rain stays far away for your park trips. Hey, maybe you will be on the news.

Charade, me too, the closet Krispy is almost an hour away. When I am at Universal, that’s when I go near the M Mall, as there’s a cute Krispy there, like about 10 minutes away from PBH and a minute it two longer from RPR/SF. I am not fond of the donut shop in City Walk.

With that, some grocery store trip is needed. More soup, bacon and what ever else kids want. Little one would be happy in Schumi’s home, she is a big fan of chicken noodle soup. Home made, yum. I like it too.

Happy Friday morning!

My chicken noodle soup even if I say so myself is lush!!! That and bacon sandwiches.....can`t go wrong!!!

Oh I`m glad the weather didn`t last too long......but my goodness what damage it causes.

We have KK in the UK.....not as good as America....I find them very dry over here compared to the ones in the US. I miss a good doughnut!

Good morning and happy Friday. It was nice to be able to sleep in a little today.

My new elliptical was delivered this morning. I just hope it isn't too difficult to assemble. If all goes well I should have the sofa out of my spare room on Tuesday, and have plenty of room for the elliptical.

That is such a major bummer. We were supposed to be in Georgia last weekend. I will be so glad when we can lift all travel restrictions. A few of my friends have gone to beach towns this weekend, but we are not beach people.

I have never heard of that one. I looked it up and the menu looked really good.

Sounds scary. Glad you are safe. I am hoping this year's hurricane season is a mild one. We don't need anymore craziness this year.

Time to get up and get ready for the dentist.

Glad the dentist went well and that you enjoyed a nice lunch inside.....good luck building up the exercise device...….

I'm done working for today-Started at 5 am as I was up and in car anyway...now trying to distract myself as 17 year old drove through Nashville :scared1: :eek:-where is the white knuckle thingy??
Lynne-glad your DD is ok-driving through storms not fun.
Mac-new windows? Glad it went smoothly. Have been pestered after every storm from roofing companies.
Charade-sorry for the travel plan disruption. Cool puzzle though. and YAY for phase 2. It feels really weird to be inside restaurants. I am not worried at all about being out, but after a few months of isolation it takes some readjustment. And thankfully with patio weather can eat outside anyway. Our phase one seems to be more lenient than most. Our governor also extended it until June 15-he is being cautious which is fine.
Schumi-sorry about the Switzerland trip! Hopefully stars will align so all of you will be able to go at later date. And yay for flights again-just need the border to open up.
Hi Sue!! Isn't it great to get the hair done??
we have had peaceful protests, thankfully no violence. We've been in the news enough lately with the Lake Ozarks Memorial day party (no positive Covid19 cases from that per health officials yesterday), and the hairstylist (where the news failed to report accurately the timeline and our health commissioner shamed her and invited the death threats - he has yet to apologize when he go the FACTS wrong)-oh and no positive cases from that either.
Shout out to all the others I've missed -
Anyone else get the Universal annual passholder email? Between the dedicated lane into parking (hope THAT stays :)), dedicated entrance, free freestyle cup etc - Universal is honoring the passholders. UGH so not looking forward to a mask in the park but DH and kiddo wanna go-looking at next Tuesday.

Stay well and hydrated!

Hope you have a lovely trip Monyk…...sounds fun!!! Yes the email had some interesting info in it.

Yes, I think although we are all ready to get back to normal, it is an adjustment to think as we did before. But looking forward to trying......lol......yes I`m sure Switzerland will happen at some point.....it`s so difficult to organise the five couples when three couples still work and are out in foreign parts, it`s not easy to co-ordinate......have fun!!!

Myrtle beach proper. DiL working on me for a girls trip here again end of month lol

back onto beach now after lunch At river city cafe for some killer burgers. First pic at Ripley’sreminded me of transformers at U lol
View attachment 499259View attachment 499260View attachment 499261View attachment 499263

Lovely pictures!! It looks so lovely there......think we need a picture of the killer burger!!! And yes, girls trip sounds a good idea......

Another Friday night has almost gone.......Zoomed with a few friends tonight......I think I may give up on the extra month ban we have all decided to implement among ourselves. We all miss each other a lot.

Our weather sucks again now, so maybe once it`s better we can meet in the park for a distance style picnic. Or even in the garden.......we can have groups of up to six right now.

We`ll see.

Looking forward to bacon for breakfast.......yes mac....you`ll smell it 🥓........shrimp wraps for lunch and Chinese Food tomorrow night for dinner......finally!!!! We are all so looking forward to it......

No plans for tomorrow as we have to get more rain and then even more.....we had hailstones today! Weird weather.....

Will finish this glass of wine and decide if there`s something worth staying up to watch......if not....bed.

Traditional shingle type? What color? It took me a whole day to pick one out
Where has the day gone? I had another great dental visit 😁 and then we went to our favorite Italian restaurant for lunch. It was so nice to eat indoors for a change. After lunch we stopped by the Dollar Tree. My mom likes to do word search puzzles, or "circle words" as she calls them. She told me that she has finished all the ones my brother sent her for Christmas, so I bought a dozen books to send her for her birthday this month. Back home I started some more laundry and finished straightening up the spare room.
Any cavaties? I really wish my dentist would open

my mom was a whiz at those books when she still had it together
Dh wants to go to Busch Gardens when they open even if we have to wear masks. I'm not sure I can handle wearing a mask all day in the heat.
Oh my gosh, the humidity at Williamsburg BG has
is one of few places in US where it beats Orlando
Lovely pictures!! It looks so lovely there......think we need a picture of the killer burger!!! And yes, girls trip sounds a good idea......
Hmm maybe DiL took a pic, shamefully I didn’t. A fun place owned by ex Pittsburgh peeps. Tradition to sign ur name to revisit next time
247E9C38-7BCD-4595-BF85-9ED84B01EA44.jpegEFDCF31D-2189-4DB5-AAAD-A0D524A32498.jpegA23B2162-1B78-439E-ACA0-163ADE44BC6B.jpeg
Called it a night by walking up to beach bar for dinner after kids left for their flight. Had such a good time forgot to ahem ck in for our flight That is a first lol
04B5BC40-814A-46F0-B772-35906AB36C49.jpeg726D12B7-1B9D-40F3-AB29-746BB639DAE7.jpeg38A72A73-79D6-4FC7-95CA-0ACFE71A4BB7.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts