Something About Nothing............ #14

11:59 pm and another person just messaged me and asked if my desk and chair were still available. I will be so glad when it gets picked up and I can mark it as sold.

Virtual commencement was very nice! My little smarty graduated Magna Cum Laude and she was in two honor societies; English and Business. She also got the notice that she made Dean's List again this semester. I'm a proud mama tonight! :love:
Congratulations to her. Those are a lot of great accomplishments.

Would love to know what you end up with. My treadmill is on its last leg and would love to find something a little less boring.
I’m getting a recumbent cross trainer. It is supposed to be low impact, so it should be good for my arthritic knees.

Thanks Mac & KRose! My tooth isn’t achy right now so that’s good. It comes and goes. If I was in a lot of pain the dentist would have gotten me in much sooner.

Beautiful day here. I got out before gardener came over to do some tree branch trimming. He takes away the piles. But had him get some branches I can’t reach.

Daughter and I made a run to the pharmacy to pick up sunscreen. Really didn’t do much today! Dinner was grilled pork chops on the bbq, salad and sautéed broccolini. Waited till 7 to take doggies out. Pavement was way too hot to take out earlier. Went with my daughter and my friend up the lane. We ran into several friends also walking around the neighbourhood, it was a beautiful evening.

Got phone call from my doc checking up on my diabetes. Apparently I’m a star patient. Had a couple of too low readings so have to be sure I don’t go too long between meals.

Mac yes, bugs have to be dealt with swiftly in the south. My moms condo had exterminator in monthly.

Schumi we do our clap at 7:00. Our fire and police have gotten together a few times to do a parade of vehicles past our hospital. I’m not sure how long it will last.

MRose congrats to your daughter!

Schumi thanks for launch date. Hope all goes well.

Lynne my lab ate a wasp! Poor thing her face blew up, so swollen. Made Mr take her to vet. He was retired but I was still working. Said Vet took one look said wasp, and gave her Benadryl! He said he could have saved $$ and just give her the stuff at home! But we didn’t know! Didn’t see her eat the wasp.

Charade sounds like you won’t have any problems selling the furniture!
Not sure what protocol your office is following. I went to dentist and had to wait in car till I was called in. Hand sanitizer and mask at door. Receptionist had the clear plexiglass up around desk area. The way we do things are so different these days.
mmmm love baked Ziti!
The recumbent cross trainer looks great!

Lynne nice your dd went to give blood. I used to go every few months to donate. But after cancer I can’t donate anymore. Love your dinner too! My DH & DD had some ravioli today too.

Thanks Mac for leaving the light on so I don’t trip! It’s midnight so I guess I should make an attempt at sleep!

Virtual commencement was very nice! My little smarty graduated Magna Cum Laude and she was in two honor societies; English and Business. She also got the notice that she made Dean's List again this semester. I'm a proud mama tonight! :love:

Congratulations to your daughter......you should be so proud :)

Happy Friday! Well almost. Today was a good day and on sale day too.. Just had a feeling of joy and happiness thats not been around a whole lot. Havent posted much but so enjoy reading posts from ya'll. That being said this was literally me this morning.Who is listening in through my echo dot?

View attachment 497650

Would love to know what you end up with. My treadmill is on its last leg and would love to find something a little less boring.

Had them when we visited WI. Loved, absolutely couldnt get enough of the fried ones.

Lavender may be ok. Maybe you should try it so we can all see.

Yes, and we you are looking at the towns before you move, there is NOTHING on cities webpages or census data telling you the mosquitos are as bug as mice.

So happy to hear this. Heart goes out to all the graduates this year.

lol....I posted that exact funny yesterday!!! I tried something on and I could almost hear them laughing at me!!!!! :rotfl:

A big no from me for any other colour of hair other than blonde......

Good to see you post!!

And another glorious day ahead for us.....sun is bursting in the sky and at 9am we already have 70F which is positively tropical for us!!!!

Warmest and driest spring ever for the UK.......

Looking forward to hearing of folks experiences and hearing the new announcements next week.

Today is the garden for us........barbecued food all day.......just need to prepare sides for lunch and dinner and we`re sorted for the day.

A few chats to friends on Zoom and that`ll be us for the day.

Rules are being relaxed a little from Monday for us......we are allowed to meet in groups of up to 6.......but no restaurants open yet. Plenty of stores and businesses open too with limits in place. No rush for us to go to stores yet.....same with friends.....tempting as it is......but we`ve waited this long, a little longer won`t harm us.

cv1957-Th.jpg

cv1956-Th.jpg

Have a great Friday..........​

Ah, nothing like a Friday morning to put a smile on face. Yeah, and a stormy one too. Seems the arriving cold front is today, so while rain in the forecast, there’s even a chance of severe weather, nasty thunderstorms. So, already warm, and muggy and foggy outside. Yes, I have my AC on. Then nature will do it. A totally refreshing, low humidity 70’s weekend.

But need to say it again,

0E7D7EF2-9BEE-45A9-AA0D-639B1877E40D.jpeg

So ready for cup number two of tea.

Have a perfectly Good Friday morning, and a very happy weekend, with the end of this month of May.

Hey kids, well its been a number of years but I thought I'd just post a little something something. I hope you're all safe, well and as happy as can be at the moment. :wave2:

@schumigirl - can see you've added Freddie as your pic since i was last on. Queen are fantastic, one of my fave karaoke bands for sure!
@macraven - Hope you're well, i wonder have the boards been more busy in recent months?
@Lynne G, @mckennarose and all the other regulars I hope you're all keeping well. :)

🖐

Hey kids, well its been a number of years but I thought I'd just post a little something something. I hope you're all safe, well and as happy as can be at the moment. :wave2:

@schumigirl - can see you've added Freddie as your pic since i was last on. Queen are fantastic, one of my fave karaoke bands for sure!
@macraven - Hope you're well, i wonder have the boards been more busy in recent months?
@Lynne G, @mckennarose and all the other regulars I hope you're all keeping well. :)

🖐

Well hello stranger......:wave2:

So good to see you Rachel.......how are you???

Hopefully enjoying this lovely hot weather we’re enjoying right now.....and of course keeping well!!!!

Yes, Freddie’s voice can’t be beaten anywhere.......imo of course......lol.....and I love those images of him at Live Aid......one of my best memories ever!!!

Don‘t be a stranger......hope all is good with you and your husband.......how long is it since you got married now?? Time passes so quickly.........

Welcome back, BagO, I think I remember your posts, and getting married. Hope all is well, and safe with you.

Agree with Schumi, years go by.

Which reminds me, how is the now married for a few years TinyD? Saw she got a new pup and he’s keeping her busy. With the virus, I was wondering how her rental business was going.

With that, more tea, very overcast out, and need to find something for breakfast. Cereal most likely.

Carry on. . .

BagsO
very good you finally made your way back home!
We have been waiting for youse!

You have been missed...

Woke up at 3 and wasn’t in bed until midnight

Neighbor cat on our front landing made it drive my cats crazy growling and hissing then ran to my bed and woke me up
Second time thru woke me up was 6:45, past food time they said.

Mr Mac due home today and he gets the morning cat feeding job back

Yea. I miss him very much for
morning feedings

Good morning. I'm up early for a day off because I have to take the cat for is yearly checkup this morning. He is not going to be happy with me.

I had 3 more people message me after midnight about the desk and chair. Thankfully someone is supposed to come get them at 4:00 today. I also had 2 people ask me about the sofa I am selling.

BagOLaughs - Hello. Nice to meet you.

Time to go medicate the cat.

We have 97F in our garden today........::yes::

It is boiling hot!!! Sitting in the shade under the gazebo with the tall electric fan plugged in........if I squint it’s kinda like Florida.......:sunny:

Tom just brought out a little tray of snacks........and yes, a little taster of chardonnay 🥂........perfect lazy way to spend a sunny afternoon.

Hope all are having a lovely day too........

@Lynne G, @mckennarose and all the other regulars I hope you're all keeping well.
Nice to meet you! Love your avatar!

Thanks for the congrats for my dd, everyone! I know it's hard for all the kids graduating this year, both college and high school. We tried to make it special by decorating the house, making a nice dinner and I even had her wear a cap and gown that we had from one of our other dd's. She's a good kid and doesn't really complain and we made the best of it. She said that honestly, she's a little relieved she didn't have to walk in front of thousands of people, lol! They are trying to do another ceremony in August so we'll see what's going on by then.

Sunny and warm so far here. I know we're expecting rain later today. I'll take it over snow any day.

Great news in the paper today! We only have ONE new virus case in the city reported in the past few days! That is a huge improvement and makes me feel better about going out to the store.

It is boiling hot!!! Sitting in the shade under the gazebo with the tall electric fan plugged in........if I squint it’s kinda like Florida.......

LOL!

That is really hot for your area, isn't it?

Nice to meet you! Love your avatar!

Thanks for the congrats for my dd, everyone! I know it's hard for all the kids graduating this year, both college and high school. We tried to make it special by decorating the house, making a nice dinner and I even had her wear a cap and gown that we had from one of our other dd's. She's a good kid and doesn't really complain and we made the best of it. She said that honestly, she's a little relieved she didn't have to walk in front of thousands of people, lol! They are trying to do another ceremony in August so we'll see what's going on by then.

Sunny and warm so far here. I know we're expecting rain later today. I'll take it over snow any day.

Great news in the paper today! We only have ONE new virus case in the city reported in the past few days! That is a huge improvement and makes me feel better about going out to the store.

LOL!

That is really hot for your area, isn't it?

View attachment 497746

Oh yes!!!

This is very unusual for us.......I don‘t think it’s as warm as that outside maybe into the high 80’s, but we are so sheltered here and surrounded by trees.......so we are cocooned a little.

But, for the UK.......this is bliss!!! Unless you’re at work of course...... ::yes:: which thankfully is all behind us now.

Sounds like you have a lovely DD who makes the best of things........it is such a shame for all these kids who have worked so hard and can’t celebrate properly. When Kyle graduated from University, after the ceremony we just went for a meal, just the three of us. And it was lovely. Not many did the whole big celebration that day.......

But, hopefully come August they might have something for them......

I’m sitting in my car outside the vet’s office. There is a golden retriever in the car next to me. I really want to go pet the dog. 😟

We have 97F in our garden today........::yes::
Wow! That’s crazy. Only 75 here right now.

That’s awesome news. I just read that we have 2 new cases in my county today, and we aren’t a very big county.

I hope my cat is cooperating with the vet. I tried to give him gabapentin today, but he wouldn’t take it

I’m sitting in my car outside the vet’s office. There is a golden retriever in the car next to me. I really want to go pet the dog. 😟

Wow! That’s crazy. Only 75 here right now.

That’s awesome news. I just read that we have 2 new cases in my county today, and we aren’t a very big county.

I hope my cat is cooperating with the vet. I tried to give him gabapentin today, but he wouldn’t take it

lol......it’ll change tomorrow.......we don‘t get this for very long at all. Although this is the best and warmest spring we’ve had for years, hardly a drop of rain.

I love golden retrievers......such beautiful dogs.

I need to swap iPads.......this one is overheating........oops!

Ooh, flashed across my phone, weather alert, chance of high winds, severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings for later today. Eek. Not as hot as Schumi, but almost as muggy. 100 percent humidity. Dah, might have just rain. But nope, weather app says 30 percent chance of rain right now. Guess if going out for lunch, good thing umbrella is in car. Yeah, and mask on, ick.

McK, did you hear, trying to get hair salons and barber shops open with next week’s yellow movement. And yay for one new case. I have not checked my county numbers lately.

Yay, Charade has a well behaving cat. Yeah, my Dsis had to drug her cat, as he bit the vet the first time. He drooled buckets in the way to the vet. Only cat I know was muzzled at the vets. Aww, yep, those dogs are so pretty.

When Kyle graduated from University, after the ceremony we just went for a meal, just the three of us. And it was lovely. Not many did the whole big celebration that day.......
It was the same for us with our older children. It seems people throw larger high school graduation parties rather than college grad parties. Or maybe that's just our family? By the time our kids and relatives graduated college they were working, interning, etc. to schedule a large blow out party. We are having the rest of my kids, their spouses/significant others, my parents and sister over on Sunday evening for a dessert party. Spaced far apart in the garden. It's for both dd's graduation and hubby's birthday (which was on Wednesday).
You're in VA? I thought I saw something on the news about having to wear masks in VA, or something like that? Due to a rise in cases?
Ooh, flashed across my phone, weather alert, chance of high winds, severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings for later today. Eek
Yikes! I didn't get a warning, but I checked weatherbug and there's a notice for "slight severe thunderstorm warning". Um.... slight severe? Isn't that a contradiction? LOL! They couldn't just say "possible severe thunderstorms later"?
McK, did you hear, trying to get hair salons and barber shops open with next week’s yellow movement. And yay for one new case. I have not checked my county numbers lately.
I did not see that! Oooh! Our local mall is opening today (we go yellow today) but only at very limited capacity. It's so strange that as quickly as we found ourselves in the middle of a virus crisis, it's leaving us just as quickly. I guess it is like Cuomo said, like a wave and NYC (and our area because of NYC) was the beginning of the wave?

I haven't been checking the health dept site as often either. The newspaper has been putting out numbers weekly including our city's numbers. I believe we had only 17 new cases in the county this week and only one was from our city. It's definitely improving here.

Caspian did okay at the vet today. The only thing they couldn't do was his nail trim because he started getting really angry.

You're in VA? I thought I saw something on the news about having to wear masks in VA, or something like that? Due to a rise in cases?
Yes, as of today we are required to wear masks in public places. I think the effort is too little, too late. Perhaps if the requirement had been made 2-3 months ago we wouldn't have such a rise in cases.

I am still trying to find a mask I am comfortable with. The first one I got makes breathing really difficult and the ties keep getting caught in my hair. The second one is too big for my face. I have a gaiter scarf on order, but don't know when it will arrive.

Mr pulled my hair thru cap yesterday. Those long, dark roots were driving me insane. Did a pretty good job IMO
lol......I think Abby Miller was quite the extreme........she was funny at times though, unintentionally of course......and some very talented kids there
Right across the river from our town. Met Kendall at GD gymnastic practice, such a lovely young woman. Spoke to every little girl that wanted to chat & posed for pics, was so cute.
you ever see it......never EVER drink Russian Standard Vodka!!!! You wouldn‘t use it to clean drains!
Haha that swill is sold by the handle here = college kids
Keisha we have a raccoon coming thru our yard. I haven’t seen it but my daughter does. Her living room is downstairs, we have a rec room in the basement that she’s taken over and windows face yard. She says it’s a big fat one. I’m hoping it’s not a pregnant one making a den? Do they den? In the bush in the back property line. But so far it’s not bothering us.
Probably should be hunkered down already if preggie. We have a 3rd one, saw it on ring last night ugh. Smaller
Thankfully I didn't have as much gray then as I do now. I called the color company to complain and was told that sometimes that particular color caused gray hairs to turn purple. You would think they would have put a warning on the box.
U can strip that out with some cheap shampoo with sulfa. Let it sit for a few minutes, then condition like crazy
Just got home from the dentist. I have a cavity :guilty: No wonder my tooth was bothering me. Ugh. Have to go back June 10 to have it fille
I can’t believe your dental offices are open. In our area only the ones with the reverse air systems, few & far between. I’m waiting that out as long as i can lol
Lynne. Lots of bugs in the south.
But none in the house like you have
No gators either i hope. Have been seeing a rash of those sort of videos posted lately. No idea if they are more active or people have more time on their hands
Little one gave blood this morning. Said was easy and nurses were nice. She’s just chilling now, and will assume an iced coffee will be her choice soon.
good for her! I’m universal donor, vampires always knocking on my door. Haven’t donated in ages, no blood drives in our area that were convenient.
None of that is done where I am.
Start a movement, puzzle your neighbors :)
JCP had no problem with returns. I asked the cashier if she knew if the store would be closing permanently or not, but she didn't know.
Majority of retail stores closed, ross just opened here last sunday. I’m annoyed
Wow, that is amazing! Congrats
More good news for you!
Ooh, flashed across my phone, weather alert, chance of high winds, severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings for later today. Eek. Not as hot as Schumi, but almost as muggy
Same here, must be a wide swath of nasty coming north...i thought bertha was thru already
Yes, as of today we are required to wear masks in public places. I think the effort is too little, too late. Perhaps if the requirement had been made 2-3 months ago we wouldn't have such a rise in cases.
Holy smokes, didn’t know some places didn’t have to wear them
I have a gaiter scarf on order, but don't know when it will arrive.
I bought a mission brand (what i use for neck cooling towels). They are far hotter inside than expected. They are the type that are designed to to protect from sun, bugs & when wet be cooling. Do plan on using next week around neck when on beach.

My ‘favorite’ and i use the term very loosely, is a cotton one I just bought, has an air vent that helps expel warmth. Otherwise the double layer tight cotton with the air filter inside. I did break down & buy some of the basic blue masks/nose adjust, they truly are the coolest but like least effective.

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!

That is awesome!!! Such a great accomplishment!!!! I would be a proud momma too
Mr pulled my hair thru cap yesterday. Those long, dark roots were driving me insane. Did a pretty good job IMO
That is great!!!! My dad did my mom's color at home too lol. I did a video chat with her when she was picking a color at the drug store, so she wouldn't end up with some funky color. And it worked. As long as you stay with a basic color and don't switch from a gold color to an ash undertone most people will be ok! What happens when you mix yellow and blue...you get GREEN!!! I have seen this sooo many times. It's hard to correct and people get upset at how long it take and how expensive it can get. As long as we all stick with basic colors...it will turn out just fine ;) ::yes::

@schumigirl you must be delighted with that nice warm weather!!!! Enjoy and soak it all in! And your afternoon wound absolutely delightful!

@macraven...I hope you get some sleep my Mr. Macraven gets home. I know the feeling. Our elderly dog ( who has doggy dementia ) gets up at all hours now. We have to watch that he doesn't get his days and nights mixed up. It seems to be getting worse again lately. I have a feeling our days are numbered with him around anymore :(

@Charade67 your new eliptical machine looks awesome!!!! I wish we had room in our home for something like that, but we have tight quarters, and don't plan on moving anytime soon.

Well...I have had an interesting week. I had trouble with my allergies that have sent me to the hospital twice this week. My face swelled up - especially around my eyes. It happened slowly over time during the day and by the time I got home from work...I got dh to take me to emergency right away. Spent about 5 hours...went home and woke up with even worse swelling. Not long after I got up, I started to feel the itchiness start, in my ears and palate so off I went again. This time they loaded me up with IV meds and 6 hours later it was better...not totally gone from under my eyes. I still wake up with swelling, but each day is less. I'm taking all the high dose antihistamines, steriods and anti itch meds and using cold compresses to keep the swelling down under my eyes! That is the part that seems the worse now. So I have an Dr appointment with my regular GP to refer me to get allergy tests done again. I have allergies, but have never had a reaction like this before. Hopefully I can keep it at bay until I get the tests done again. But I do have to say, they I got into emergency right away with my swollen face lol!! There was no sitting around and waiting for me.

The weather is finally warm here too. It's been a little windy, but that is not unusual for us. We are heading back out fishing again tomorrow I think. Do another day trip ( maybe try to have a weinie roast ) while we are there.

Things are slowly opening up here. We can now get our hair done,, chiropractors, dentists and eye doctors. Restaurants and our shopping malls are back open. Only a few stores have had line ups to get in. I have not gone yet. I don't really need anything that bad to have to go out shopping yet. Although I would love to go sit down for a meal somewhere. That is the one thing I'm missing. I have a haircut schedule for June 17...and it can't come fast enough.

Well, I should shuffle the few papers that just hit my desk again. Have a great day everyone!!!!

After months of not being able to use my iMac, I finally got it to work today.
Thought I could see the picture thread better using the computor as the Iphone doesn't cut it for quality of pictures.

Switched back to the iphone as the way it is set up to read posts, is easier as it goes with recent posts first.
Just opposite on the iMac.

The Dis looked different on the phone when I looked at a post in it.
Realized I had to do more switching things around in order to get the report button back on.....

Of course forgot the pw I have used since the beginning of time so fixed up a new one easily.

Did get the email for registration for the AP entrance days for UO.
Not worth it for me to drive 7 hours to go to it.
But I did a dummy run trial and it did go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter