Something About Nothing............ #14

I wish but not a day sleeper

I have already eaten breakfast and lunch and looking at sites that open at 11 for carry out food.

I wish but not a day sleeper

I have already eaten breakfast and lunch and looking at sites that open at 11 for carry out food.

I hear you.

I can snooze a little in the winter at times when it’s cold, dark and miserable, but nice weather like this.....never.

Tom however, can snooze at the drop of a hat.....then wonder why he’s not tired at night!

I didn't know wasps killed bees????
Oh yes, they're predatory insects. They could destroy a hive of honey bees to feed their young. Yuck! If one gets into the hive, the workers will surround it and beat their wings really fast to generate heat and actually "cook" it to death. Strange.... but that's a bee's defense.
Only tried Ethiopian food once, and not sure how authentic it was as it was served in Dubai when we were there......not really for me, at least the dishes we had.
Ethiopian food seems to share a lot of the same warmer spices like Indian food, which is why I though you might like it too. I have not had the lentil dishes you're talking about, just meat based ones which they serve on a giant injera (like a giant flatbread) and you tear off pieces of the injera and grab a piece of meat or veggie with it.
But the other dish was full of legumes which I hate......but generally speaking it`s not a cuisine I ever try...not many options to try it in England......lol.....
The restaurant is not close to where we live. This restaurant is about an hour away from where I live.
So cute, I saw a very tiny praying mantis on the bushes next to my door. Happy to have those bugs around my home.
They're very good for pest control. Lucky!
With that, AC on already and could be cooler for me.
It's very muggy today, isn't it?

Today is youngest dd's virtual graduation. Yay! Business degree and she's working on going back in the Fall to continue. I'm decorating the house

Woot! Congratulations to McK’s DD.

And oh yes, 70 percent humidity. Icky sticky, but no need to go out, yet.

I hear ya Mac, I tend to not sleep during day, though if overtired, I can fall asleep at dinner time, to the annoyance of my family. Well, the kids. Both can cook, but mom cook is usually the dinner maker.

Little one gave blood this morning. Said was easy and nurses were nice. She’s just chilling now, and will assume an iced coffee will be her choice soon.

Yeah, is it time for lunch yet?

mrose…..congrats to your DD...….you must be very proud!!!

Lynne, well done to your daughter too......giving blood is something so many people don't do.....

We did our clap for carers outside for 8pm tonight......supposed to be the last one as the woman who started it said she wants it to end on a high, it`s been 10 weeks now.

And we had a lovely barbecue again tonight...….plan to do the same tomorrow night as the weather is to be even warmer tomorrow......I think this may be our summer!!!

We should have arrived back home today after our May trip.....I think the washing machine is breathing a sigh of relief......

So, tonight...…….it`s pink gin time...…..😁

gin1-XL.jpg

Cheers...…...

Schumi so you all do the clapping for appreciating the care givers in your area ?

I saw on tv how some in Italy and also areas in New York
did appreciated cheers at same time nightly.

None of that is done where I am.
Only celebration done in my area is New Years at the stroke of midnight and it is fireworks and gunfire that will drag on until 2 am each year.

Other than that date, my neighborhood is quiet all the time.

Schumi so you all do the clapping for appreciating the care givers in your area ?

I saw on tv how some in Italy and also areas in New York
did appreciated cheers at same time nightly.

None of that is done where I am.
Only celebration done in my area is New Years at the stroke of midnight and it is fireworks and gunfire that will drag on until 2 am each year.

Other than that date, my neighborhood is quiet all the time.

Yes, it`s all across the UK.

I don't know of anyone who isn't doing it...in every single street.

If you can`t get outside into a garden or road, you cheer and clap out of windows or make some kind of noise......many bring out a pan and a wooden spoon and bang on it......

Same here with NYE and Bonfire Night (November 5th) where we celebrate a man who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London.....Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder plot of 1605, well the failure of it...….we celebrate for a long time after the event in the UK......:rotfl:

No guns here thankfully....apart from local farmers, but they don`t do that. But in some areas fireworks start around early October......hate them!!! Thankfully not really where we are now.....you can hear them in the distance in the towns closest to us......

But, where we used to live.....it was like Downtown Beirut for about a month before Bonfire Night......

Gin is slipping down nicely.......

Forgot that we do have one other date where it’s loud where I live.

For some reason Christmas is the other date where firearms and fireworks happen at night.

I have watched on tv how a few communities unite to a specific time daily to make noise and show appreciation for those that have worked or volunteered to help.

It’s very touching!
Will your nightly salute to all stay ongoing when your shelter in stops?

Forgot that we do have one other date where it’s loud where I live.

For some reason Christmas is the other date where firearms and fireworks happen at night.

I have watched on tv how a few communities unite to a specific time daily to make noise and show appreciation for those that have worked or volunteered to help.

It’s very touching!
Will your nightly salute to all stay ongoing when your shelter in stops?

Well, the woman who started it wants it to stop to finish it on a high.......but many plan to keep going to show our appreciation....

It certainly brings a stronger feeling of community in many places it was maybe a little lacking. It is very heartfelt.

Happy to be at home and away from work, even though it was a fairly uneventful day. My boss is driving my crazy though. She keeps asking me if I feel safe at the office and if I'm concerned about being around other people. I keep telling her that I am fine. There is usually only me, her, and one other therapist in the office. One therapist has a few clients that she is seeing in person, but she has them enter through a side door by her office, so I don't even see them. It's almost as if she wants me to be scared.

Some of our retail stores have started to open. The local news posted a picture of the line outside of TJ Maxx this morning. It looked almost like Black Friday. Crazy.

Yeah, hopefully Penney’s will allow you to return. Target said no returns.
JCP had no problem with returns. I asked the cashier if she knew if the store would be closing permanently or not, but she didn't know.

Just got home from the dentist. I have a cavity :guilty: No wonder my tooth was bothering me. Ugh. Have to go back June 10 to have it filled.
Sorry to hear that. I have my cleaning and exam next Friday.

SeaWorld will open next month and that will make a lot of peeps happy.
I hope this means that Busch gardens will be opening soon.

Lynne. Lots of bugs in the south.
But none in the house like you have

we and all in our neighborhood use a company service to prevent them in the house

environmental company lays pods every few feet on the perimeter of the house and keep it filled quarterly to get rid of insects and creepy crawler things.
And they place insect catch boxes for any that would get in the house

it’s well needed in thr South .

if one does get in somehow,
Cats play with it them then eat them
My cat goes nuts when the bugs get in, especially the flying kind. Florida has the worst bugs.

Tom however, can snooze at the drop of a hat.....then wonder why he’s not tired at night!
My husband does that too only he is still able to sleep at night even if he takes a long nap during the day. Makes my crazy.

Today is youngest dd's virtual graduation. Yay! Business degree and she's working on going back in the Fall to continue. I'm decorating the house
Congratulations to her.

Little one gave blood this morning. Said was easy and nurses were nice. She’s just chilling now, and will assume an iced coffee will be her choice soon.
That's great. Was it her first time? B mentioned something about donating, so dh may take her with him the next time he donates.

Lynne, well done to your daughter too......giving blood is something so many people don't do.....
I am one of those people. 🙁 I gave once, years ago, and it was a horrible experience. My veins are very difficult to find. Usually when I have to have blood drawn they had to use a pediatric needle in the back of my hand. I would like to be able to donate blood, but I am just not a good candidate. I was once told that my blood type is the universal donor, so I felt awful about not donating. Thankfully the person who told me that was wrong, so now I only feel a little bad about not donating.

Time to start dinner. Baked ziti tonight.

Oh, I mentioned trying to sell some of the stuff that was in my spare room. I listed an old computer desk and chair on Facebook Marketplace and so far have had 13 people ask me about them. I even changed to listing to read "sale pending payment and pickup" and people still keep messaging me with, "Is this still available?"

Nice to sell stuff, Charade. Yes, was her first time. DH went, but he had too high blood pressure. Yeah, he should have took his medicine earlier. Oh well, both of them have a more rare blood type, so they were happy to get her pint. She said toward the end, she was getting light headed, so they let her take off her mask for a few minutes and she said she felt better. I think she would give again. You sound like my mom was. She’d had veins that were very hard to find, a few times, they had to do it from her hand. She had a favorite nurse that was excellent in finding her vein. So she always asked for that nurse. Because of the medicine she was on, she had to get a blood test every other month. But only a small vial each time.

Fresh cheese ravioli, with freshly ground parmigiana. Yum.

Now enjoying the last of the watermelon that was sweet and glad I picked it up on sale this past weekend. Then vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries. Full I will be.

Virtual commencement was very nice! My little smarty graduated Magna Cum Laude and she was in two honor societies; English and Business. She also got the notice that she made Dean's List again this semester. I'm a proud mama tonight! :love:

Very cool!!!

Congrats to your little smarty and you and the rest of the fam!!!

Happy Friday! Well almost. Today was a good day and on sale day too.. Just had a feeling of joy and happiness thats not been around a whole lot. Havent posted much but so enjoy reading posts from ya'll. That being said this was literally me this morning.Who is listening in through my echo dot?

I'm trying to make room for a piece of exercise equipment.

Would love to know what you end up with. My treadmill is on its last leg and would love to find something a little less boring.

I have had cheese curds only once

Had them when we visited WI. Loved, absolutely couldnt get enough of the fried ones.

Hair should never be purple!!! However little......there seems to be a craze of having lavender/grey hair in some young ladies right now....looks a little different.

Lavender may be ok. Maybe you should try it so we can all see.

Lynne. Lots of bugs in the south.

Yes, and we you are looking at the towns before you move, there is NOTHING on cities webpages or census data telling you the mosquitos are as bug as mice.

Virtual commencement was very nice!

So happy to hear this. Heart goes out to all the graduates this year.

Came back to put the porch light on so I don’t trip on the steps if I return tonight!

Thinking about all the homies and hope all are doing fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter