Something About Nothing............ #14

346F9AF4-24A7-4DDC-BF0B-C654F586FFE0.jpeg and so has it been. Still raining out.

Dinner was early, as all were hungry. So with a cool and rainy day, comfort food. Pan grilled the chicken, made mac and cheese, cooked the baby carrots just right, baked some steak fries, and biscuits too. Too full, and only some chicken and some biscuits left. Eh, can reheat tomorrow.

E5DCFACE-ECEB-4856-B06D-76AFED4C7CBE.png
And yep, lots of screen watching and electronic games played today.

Yeah, and now that it is evening,
BCA99BB9-DD71-4D43-92DD-F06CFCC27DC8.jpeg
Haha, and so true! 😊

Good evening. We had a pretty good day today. I slept in until about 10:30. I blame the cat for that. Early this morning he started meowing and then running through the house. It woke me up of course. He would settle down, and I woud get back to sleep, then he would start the process all over again. I think he did this at least 3 times.

Lunch was take out from our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was so sad seeeing the parking lot completely empty. This place is always busy. After lunch we decided that we needed to get out of the house. We went for a walk and then a drive. We drove down a couple of roads that I have always wondered where they go. Both turned out to be dead ends, but I did find whre our local Frito Lay distribution center is. We also took a drive around the western part of the county. Losts of farm land out there. Supper was take out from our favorite Italian restaurant. Dh said that they were very busy tonight. I have leftovers from both meals that I will take for lunch next week.

And a funny, at the big box store I went to, they had a whole lane of the big bag of toilet paper, with large signs saying limit one, and staff all around each large skid.
A few months ago if someone had told me that one day we would be posting guards over toilet paper I would have laughed and thought they were crazy.

Sadly I was up around 1ish too. I found something not very interesting so I could just close my eyes and listen.
My problem is that I will get interested in a show and then fall back asleep before it is over.

I got scammed today, or at least they tried.
But no loss, my daughter will now have a $25 Google Play card! Friend later texted me his email was hacked.
Glad you didn't spend too much and the card will go to good use.

Just why? I can never seem to sleep late on a weekend. Here is hoping I can go back to sleep or I can see a nap later in the day, or maybe an early bedtime tonight.
Hope you were able ro get in a nap.

Hubby was working from home this week and he'll have to go in on Monday. Two of his employees went out on FLMA. We also found out they are testing people in his building, which is very scary. The results take a few days to come back. Other buildings all around his have workers that tested positive.
Prayers for negative results.

I'm in the chicken club too. If we wind up going in the Fall one of my kids will definitely try to get me to go to HHN!
I would love to take a fall trip and meet some of the people from the board, but I will skip HHN.

.a week ago I said all I had was a seasonal cold. I was convinced of it. Cough, headache and aches, no temp. But now, since the smell and taste thing appeared on the list of symptoms, I do think maybe I have a mild version if there is such a thing. Of course I won’t get tested as I’m thankfully, not bad enough. So, yes I agree it does sound like it.
I pray that it isn't the virus. Thankfully you are already doing everything you are supposed to be doing.

Just officially canceled my family Easter dinner sad.
We usually eat with friends. Guess that's not happening thIs year.

Went to the local feed & seed for my vegetable garden seeds and plants. I guess I am not the only one with cabin fever. It looked like a regular Saturday considering the amount of people out and about.
It was like that at Home Depot today. I guess since so many are home they have decided to work on thier home improvement projects.

The 4th case of Covid19 was diagnosed at DH's work. I am sure it will be more everyday.
That's scary. Is he able to work from home?

Poor B is trying to do an assignment for her astronomy class, but we have too many clouds and too much light pollution. My street is usually very dark, so we get a pretty good view of the stars on a clear night, but for some reason almost all of my neighbors have their porch lights on tonight.

Hi everyone!

Sorry I don't get a chance to read all the previous posts. But thank you to those who complimented Hope! She is just about to start crawling!

For those who do not know, I live in New York..Long Island specifically. Things have definitely changed. My son's 7th birthday party was supposed to be today and now it is postponed indefinitely. Schools have been closed for 2 weeks and according to the Governor, we will be out at least until April 15th...but I fear it will be longer. Juggling 4 kids, working from home and homeschooling since they can't go to school has been challenging.

We have 47 cases in our town according to recent figures. My sister in law is a PA at an Urgent Care and she pretty much is only seeing symptomatic patients at this point. I can;t even watch the news because it just takes over your entire life.

We have been staying home for the most part except to do crucial grocery runs and such. Oh, and take out...gotta support local businesses since we can't eat out right now!

I hope everyone is staying healthy (I have a head cold right now of course) and let's hope this ends soon!

Hi everyone....It is a cold rainy day here today. I feel for everyone who hasn't been sleeping good. I am up and down all night and just can't stay sleep. I feel so worn down but trying to keep healthy in case I get this virus.

Thanks for all the nice responses for Liv and work. She is going to work one short cashier shift tomorrow and one maybe during the week. She gave up 4 cashier shifts to friends over the next two weeks. They did give her some cleaning shifts so she will keep them instead. She is more comfortable with them. I hope she will talk to them one day. I was very upset for Charlie last night. He is trying so hard to follow the CDC guidelines at work, for everyone's sake. Well there was one of the lead managers saw him yesterday waiting to get something and motioned Charlie to go ahead. Charlie said no he was waiting so he could keep a safe distance. Well the lead guy got rude with him and said "what are you afraid to catch a stupid virus" and then told him why don't you stay home for a couple of weeks. He explained about my surgery and that we had to be more careful, he didn't care. He was going to go talk to management today. I told him if he doesn't I will. These managers are suppose to take this serious and follow state ordered guidelines.
I noticed all our grocery stores now have plexiglass in front of the cashiers except for Target. I am so mad, I am going tomorrow to talk with them about it. I think that is such a grea idea! I took pictures at one of the stores.

There was a story on CNN about the grocery clerks and staff as being heros during this. I started clapping to Liv and telling her that she was a hero for going out into the public to make sure people have food. I will do the same for Charlie tonight.

I got lucky and got a little bit of meat yesterday and some cat food. I keep checking for supplies every couple of days. I am alternating cooking and getting take out from our local places to help them. I am starting to do more but still being careful with certain things.

I am waiting to find out if NY NJ and my state CT going under a travel quarentine. I just watched Govenor Cuomo and he doesn't think it can be done legally. I am sorry but at this point restricting three states for travel is not going to accomplish anything. It would be better to have a national stay at home to help with the curve. We have over 1,000 cases in our state and over 10 in my area.

Schumi I hope you continue to feel better, coughing is one of the worsts when it lasts awhile. I hope Tom and Kyle stay healthy. Your soup sounds good, too bad you couldn't taste it. I am excited that I will be at Universal the same time as others, I never have. Liv and I will enjoy the daytime with the scare stuff but once night comes it is all Brian and Charlie. I hope your niece and the rest of your family is negative. Oh I love anything 80's music, movies, you name it. I have the 80's trivial pursuit and 80's scene it. The problem is nobody here can play with me, they are a little too young. LOL!! Brian is the closest but he is still almost 7 years younger so he couldn't appreciate being a teen then. I hope you enjoyed it!!

Lynne Your dinner sounds good!! It is rainy here too. Liv was home today but Charlie worked an 8 hour shift. I will see if they want to play a game or watch TV. Good score on the grocery shopping but boo for the burgers!! Sorry you couldn't go back to sleep, I have bad sleep habits lately, even worse since my surgery. YAY!!Another SANS family overlapping trip. Brian is the one who eats the store bought baked goods, when nobody else does. Hope everyone is enjoying being together. It has been a lot of tea time here.

MCrose It sounds like a nice outside visit even if it was cool. I hope everything works out for DH and his job with the virus. Brian works for the State and so far almost every office has a positive case. There are over 45,000 state employees I am sure they will make up a bunch. He has been lucky to be home with me but may have to go back on Monday. I am really scared to get this with recovering. I have sneezed or coughed a couple of times and it still hurts. I am sorry to hear about your parents car, they don't need that now. We are outdoors people and love to spend the entire day at the amusement parks, can't wait for them to open. That's cool you use to play it's something fun we do together. Glad that your refund worked out with undercover tourist!

Cam I am glad that you got out and got what you want for gardening. It is so hard to keep the 6 feet distance when others don't. Glad that you made out well at Sams, our grocery stores are doing better except for TP. I have a black thumb but have friends who garden and swear by it, very relaxing. I feel bad for Charlie he started germinating and growing different plants this winter. His teacher let him keep them in his class at school to get sun. He was so excited they were doing so good. He took the day of my surgery off then the next day school closed so he never got to get his plants and I am sure nobody is taking care of them. He worked so hard and was so excited. I hope your DH stays safe at work and boy I would love to have your weather now. Italian food is the best!

Charade the week before my surgery I bought a bunch of yoga type pants it would be easier for me. However, I didn't realize where my incisions would be so some of them are not falling right and I have to roll the waist. Once my incisions heal they will be good and it looks like I will have plenty of time to hang in them. It sounds like you had a nice day out and score two meals out! Brian is still working on the house but I did manage to have him drive me to the store. He is still going to have the house done so when things work out we will be ready. That's cool B is taking an Astronomy class so is Liv. Yea we will be doing Easter alone this year, but it will be okay. Enjoy your left overs!!

Sue I am so glad that you realized what was going on before you did anything. Glad your DD can use it. I have a bunch of refills on Tylenol from my surgery really cheap, so I am going to fill them and save them. I had heard the same thing. I usually have a lot of Tylenol around because Liv can't use Advil with her bleeding disorder. I love any type of comfy pants. Yea putting my jeans on will not work!! I feel bad for all of us with sleeping problems here, I have found that working on my phone sometimes makes me tired. Hope your weather improves!

mac Good to see you post! I hope you are feeling better!!! We miss you here!!

Pealala Welcome to the family!! Nice to meet you!!

Larissa Nice to meet you!! We enjoy HRH we have stayed there several times, you will enjoy it!

Kstar Nice to meet you!! You are the closest to me, I am in central CT and it looks like we are in for the same scenerios with our Govenors since the tri states are working together. I am sorry about your son's birthday it is so hard on the kids, I feel bad for them. My Charlie is a senior and was looking forward to senior events but it doesn't look like that is happening. I hope your sister in law stays safe and another hero that we have to be thankful for. Hope is a beautiful name, for a beautiful child. Good luck with home schooling, I am lucky the school system is doing on line with the high school and my DD is doing on line college from home.

Damo Hi! Nice to see you posting over here, I see your posts over on the WDW too. You have always given great advice!

DLPN I am the biggest chicken when it comes to scary stuff LOL!! . When the 4 of us have gone to the amusment parks for halloween, if they sell the light up necklaces to let the actors know not to scare us I am the first in line and they could charge me what they want and I would pay it. I have only found on park Cedar Point that sells the "no boo" necklaces. Liv and I enjoy walking around but not getting scared. Nice that you will be there the same time.

A big shout out to the rest of the SANS who can't be with us. I hope everyone stays happy and healthy!! Have a great night!!

Kstar Nice to meet you!! You are the closest to me, I am in central CT and it looks like we are in for the same scenarios with our Governors since the tri states are working together. I am sorry about your son's birthday it is so hard on the kids, I feel bad for them. My Charlie is a senior and was looking forward to senior events but it doesn't look like that is happening. I hope your sister in law stays safe and another hero that we have to be thankful for. Hope is a beautiful name, for a beautiful child. Good luck with home schooling, I am lucky the school system is doing on line with the high school and my DD is doing on line college from home.

Hey neighbor!

I'm a teacher and we have had to change the entire way we do our jobs. Luckily, I am in a very supportive district and the kids have been on the ball for the most part.

We can't take the kids to the playground for obvious reasons...but they have even started shutting down walking trails and boardwalks because so many people are going. So we usually stick to taking afternoon strolls around our local pond. Yesterday we took the kids to the beach to just run around. That's the beauty of living on an island.....beaches within 10 minutes. They really enjoyed that except my 2 year old kept trying to run into the ocean.

But what is maddening is seeing these groups of kids together hanging out. My next door neighbor has been hosting play dates with her sons' friends for the last three days. She puts out a lawn chair and is drinking the afternoon away while these kids are all up in each others business. How will this end if no one heeds the warnings? Maybe they need to have one of the refrigerator trucks they have in New York City for the bodies drive down our street to really send the message across.

Let's just keep looking at the bright side of things....

View attachment 484067 and so has it been. Still raining out.

Dinner was early, as all were hungry. So with a cool and rainy day, comfort food. Pan grilled the chicken, made mac and cheese, cooked the baby carrots just right, baked some steak fries, and biscuits too. Too full, and only some chicken and some biscuits left. Eh, can reheat tomorrow.

View attachment 484068
And yep, lots of screen watching and electronic games played today.

Yeah, and now that it is evening,
View attachment 484069
Haha, and so true! 😊

We thought about a horror movie last night, but decided we needed giggles......although we remembered too late that laughing a lot while having a never ending cough isn't a good mix!!!!

Good evening. We had a pretty good day today. I slept in until about 10:30. I blame the cat for that. Early this morning he started meowing and then running through the house. It woke me up of course. He would settle down, and I woud get back to sleep, then he would start the process all over again. I think he did this at least 3 times.

Lunch was take out from our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was so sad seeeing the parking lot completely empty. This place is always busy. After lunch we decided that we needed to get out of the house. We went for a walk and then a drive. We drove down a couple of roads that I have always wondered where they go. Both turned out to be dead ends, but I did find whre our local Frito Lay distribution center is. We also took a drive around the western part of the county. Losts of farm land out there. Supper was take out from our favorite Italian restaurant. Dh said that they were very busy tonight. I have leftovers from both meals that I will take for lunch next week.

A few months ago if someone had told me that one day we would be posting guards over toilet paper I would have laughed and thought they were crazy.

My problem is that I will get interested in a show and then fall back asleep before it is over.

Glad you didn't spend too much and the card will go to good use.

Hope you were able ro get in a nap.

Prayers for negative results.

I would love to take a fall trip and meet some of the people from the board, but I will skip HHN.

I pray that it isn't the virus. Thankfully you are already doing everything you are supposed to be doing.

We usually eat with friends. Guess that's not happening thIs year.

It was like that at Home Depot today. I guess since so many are home they have decided to work on thier home improvement projects.

That's scary. Is he able to work from home?

Poor B is trying to do an assignment for her astronomy class, but we have too many clouds and too much light pollution. My street is usually very dark, so we get a pretty good view of the stars on a clear night, but for some reason almost all of my neighbors have their porch lights on tonight.

We have little light pollution where we live, so Kyle is often lucky with his astronomy......he has got some amazing pictures this past week alone. But yes, light pollution is a pest......

It is sad seeing so many empty places around.......

Hi everyone....It is a cold rainy day here today. I feel for everyone who hasn't been sleeping good. I am up and down all night and just can't stay sleep. I feel so worn down but trying to keep healthy in case I get this virus.

Thanks for all the nice responses for Liv and work. She is going to work one short cashier shift tomorrow and one maybe during the week. She gave up 4 cashier shifts to friends over the next two weeks. They did give her some cleaning shifts so she will keep them instead. She is more comfortable with them. I hope she will talk to them one day. I was very upset for Charlie last night. He is trying so hard to follow the CDC guidelines at work, for everyone's sake. Well there was one of the lead managers saw him yesterday waiting to get something and motioned Charlie to go ahead. Charlie said no he was waiting so he could keep a safe distance. Well the lead guy got rude with him and said "what are you afraid to catch a stupid virus" and then told him why don't you stay home for a couple of weeks. He explained about my surgery and that we had to be more careful, he didn't care. He was going to go talk to management today. I told him if he doesn't I will. These managers are suppose to take this serious and follow state ordered guidelines.
I noticed all our grocery stores now have plexiglass in front of the cashiers except for Target. I am so mad, I am going tomorrow to talk with them about it. I think that is such a grea idea! I took pictures at one of the stores.

There was a story on CNN about the grocery clerks and staff as being heros during this. I started clapping to Liv and telling her that she was a hero for going out into the public to make sure people have food. I will do the same for Charlie tonight.

I got lucky and got a little bit of meat yesterday and some cat food. I keep checking for supplies every couple of days. I am alternating cooking and getting take out from our local places to help them. I am starting to do more but still being careful with certain things.

I am waiting to find out if NY NJ and my state CT going under a travel quarentine. I just watched Govenor Cuomo and he doesn't think it can be done legally. I am sorry but at this point restricting three states for travel is not going to accomplish anything. It would be better to have a national stay at home to help with the curve. We have over 1,000 cases in our state and over 10 in my area.

Schumi I hope you continue to feel better, coughing is one of the worsts when it lasts awhile. I hope Tom and Kyle stay healthy. Your soup sounds good, too bad you couldn't taste it. I am excited that I will be at Universal the same time as others, I never have. Liv and I will enjoy the daytime with the scare stuff but once night comes it is all Brian and Charlie. I hope your niece and the rest of your family is negative. Oh I love anything 80's music, movies, you name it. I have the 80's trivial pursuit and 80's scene it. The problem is nobody here can play with me, they are a little too young. LOL!! Brian is the closest but he is still almost 7 years younger so he couldn't appreciate being a teen then. I hope you enjoyed it!!

Lynne Your dinner sounds good!! It is rainy here too. Liv was home today but Charlie worked an 8 hour shift. I will see if they want to play a game or watch TV. Good score on the grocery shopping but boo for the burgers!! Sorry you couldn't go back to sleep, I have bad sleep habits lately, even worse since my surgery. YAY!!Another SANS family overlapping trip. Brian is the one who eats the store bought baked goods, when nobody else does. Hope everyone is enjoying being together. It has been a lot of tea time here.

MCrose It sounds like a nice outside visit even if it was cool. I hope everything works out for DH and his job with the virus. Brian works for the State and so far almost every office has a positive case. There are over 45,000 state employees I am sure they will make up a bunch. He has been lucky to be home with me but may have to go back on Monday. I am really scared to get this with recovering. I have sneezed or coughed a couple of times and it still hurts. I am sorry to hear about your parents car, they don't need that now. We are outdoors people and love to spend the entire day at the amusement parks, can't wait for them to open. That's cool you use to play it's something fun we do together. Glad that your refund worked out with undercover tourist!

Cam I am glad that you got out and got what you want for gardening. It is so hard to keep the 6 feet distance when others don't. Glad that you made out well at Sams, our grocery stores are doing better except for TP. I have a black thumb but have friends who garden and swear by it, very relaxing. I feel bad for Charlie he started germinating and growing different plants this winter. His teacher let him keep them in his class at school to get sun. He was so excited they were doing so good. He took the day of my surgery off then the next day school closed so he never got to get his plants and I am sure nobody is taking care of them. He worked so hard and was so excited. I hope your DH stays safe at work and boy I would love to have your weather now. Italian food is the best!

Charade the week before my surgery I bought a bunch of yoga type pants it would be easier for me. However, I didn't realize where my incisions would be so some of them are not falling right and I have to roll the waist. Once my incisions heal they will be good and it looks like I will have plenty of time to hang in them. It sounds like you had a nice day out and score two meals out! Brian is still working on the house but I did manage to have him drive me to the store. He is still going to have the house done so when things work out we will be ready. That's cool B is taking an Astronomy class so is Liv. Yea we will be doing Easter alone this year, but it will be okay. Enjoy your left overs!!

Sue I am so glad that you realized what was going on before you did anything. Glad your DD can use it. I have a bunch of refills on Tylenol from my surgery really cheap, so I am going to fill them and save them. I had heard the same thing. I usually have a lot of Tylenol around because Liv can't use Advil with her bleeding disorder. I love any type of comfy pants. Yea putting my jeans on will not work!! I feel bad for all of us with sleeping problems here, I have found that working on my phone sometimes makes me tired. Hope your weather improves!

mac Good to see you post! I hope you are feeling better!!! We miss you here!!

Pealala Welcome to the family!! Nice to meet you!!

Larissa Nice to meet you!! We enjoy HRH we have stayed there several times, you will enjoy it!

Kstar Nice to meet you!! You are the closest to me, I am in central CT and it looks like we are in for the same scenerios with our Govenors since the tri states are working together. I am sorry about your son's birthday it is so hard on the kids, I feel bad for them. My Charlie is a senior and was looking forward to senior events but it doesn't look like that is happening. I hope your sister in law stays safe and another hero that we have to be thankful for. Hope is a beautiful name, for a beautiful child. Good luck with home schooling, I am lucky the school system is doing on line with the high school and my DD is doing on line college from home.

Damo Hi! Nice to see you posting over here, I see your posts over on the WDW too. You have always given great advice!

DLPN I am the biggest chicken when it comes to scary stuff LOL!! . When the 4 of us have gone to the amusment parks for halloween, if they sell the light up necklaces to let the actors know not to scare us I am the first in line and they could charge me what they want and I would pay it. I have only found on park Cedar Point that sells the "no boo" necklaces. Liv and I enjoy walking around but not getting scared. Nice that you will be there the same time.

A big shout out to the rest of the SANS who can't be with us. I hope everyone stays happy and healthy!! Have a great night!!

bobbie….glad you seem to be improving daily and getting back into normal life.....yes, go out as little as possible as you are vulnerable just having had surgery........

I am always being made fun of with my love for all things 80`s.....but come quiz nights in local pubs......everybody wants me on their team when it`s an 80`s theme!!!!!

Hey neighbor!

I'm a teacher and we have had to change the entire way we do our jobs. Luckily, I am in a very supportive district and the kids have been on the ball for the most part.

We can't take the kids to the playground for obvious reasons...but they have even started shutting down walking trails and boardwalks because so many people are going. So we usually stick to taking afternoon strolls around our local pond. Yesterday we took the kids to the beach to just run around. That's the beauty of living on an island.....beaches within 10 minutes. They really enjoyed that except my 2 year old kept trying to run into the ocean.

But what is maddening is seeing these groups of kids together hanging out. My next door neighbor has been hosting play dates with her sons' friends for the last three days. She puts out a lawn chair and is drinking the afternoon away while these kids are all up in each others business. How will this end if no one heeds the warnings? Maybe they need to have one of the refrigerator trucks they have in New York City for the bodies drive down our street to really send the message across.

Let's just keep looking at the bright side of things....

I hope you feel better soon and yes, local businesses need our support where we can.

I have no idea what`s wrong with people who think the rules don`t apply to them and ignore all advice to keep away from others not in your household. I have no clue what it`ll take to make them realise how dangerous it is for them and others to keep meeting up......crazy!!!

We got pizza take out last night. it was gorgeous but found out one of the best Chinese take outs in town closest to us has closed, hopefully temporarily.....no one was using him anymore. He does live in the next village to us and is the nicest man who hasn`t been back to China since he came here 35 years ago. I guess there will be more as people panic. It`s a bit of a drive to get to it for us, but so worth it as his food is excellent and so much better than standard take out in other places.

There is nothing open here except grocery stores, local butchers/bakers/pharmacies that type of place......and take out places which are very busy.

I`m reading folks in other countries going to garden centres and so on.......nope, nothing like that is open here.

Our news yesterday was full of images of folks completely not self isolating and making journeys that are certainly non essential as is the advice......are folks still not taking this seriously!!! Our local beach car parks are all closed to stop folks from ciming from miles away to enjoy them. We are fortunate to have a huge forest behind us, where no one goes......so we can walk with no chance of running in to anyone.

Although not today........we had sleet and snow this morning and it is freezing cold. Big change from last week.......

So, today we are having a pajama day.....can`t even remember if we have ever done that.......although my friend facetimed me this morning and said I was cheating as I had clean pajamas on.......:confused3 what`s that all about, of course they`re clean.......apparently that`s cheating because I showered and got into pajamas.....lol......anything else is not good!!!

Lunch is grilled brie, turkey and cranberry sandwiches, plain grilled cheese for Kyle.....dinner is roast beef, creamy mashed potatoes and whatever veg I find in the fridge. Probably carrots and some peas for them too. I have apple crumble for dessert and will make up some custard.......

So, lazy day ahead.....lots of tv, snacking and maybe a snooze or two as we lost an hour last night, our clocks finally went forward. I like gaining an hour, but not losing one.......

Have a great Sunday..........

Sunday it is! And very dark out, as still not close to the summer hours, with longest days, yet. Mainly because I feel like we still are having a cooler Spring. Yeah, average 50’s degree highs, and rainy, is our 7 day forecast. Yeah, I guess we are having rainy days to get us ready for a rainy April.

Sad, but I doubt we will have no family Easter either. No matter, much safer for all of us, and so far, the home my mom is in, still is closed to visitors. I doubt the local kids will go back until after Easter, at the earliest, but bringing them back really does not make sense, being in groups of people from isolation will take months. I can see the school year just being like the colleges, finishing online. I am just nervous every time the kids, and the few times I, go out in the open stores. So I feel for Liv and Charlie, Bobbie.

Kfish, nice to hear from you again. This virus is effecting everyone. I am sorry your neighborhood is not complying with the stay in home. I will say, on my street, we usually hear the local kids playing outside together, and Spring local kids’ baseball plays so close, we can hear the kids and their fans, every weekend. But even the local ball fields are quiet, and the kids’ playground there is blocked off. Other than a very cute and colorful driveway across the street from me, I have yet to see or hear our neighborhood kids.

Lazy Sunday is a perfect way to enjoy today, Schumi. Taking it easy is the right thing to do, especially when you are not feeling well. Sending more well wishes.

At least not as early morning wake up for me. But I am routine, early morning and enjoyment of tea, in quiet. Will finish up the wash, and get more of the trash out. Since we all have been home, the trash cans seem much fuller. Good thing is, is that trash gets picked up tomorrow. So even when not home as much during the week, I always ask all to get the trash out of the house on Sunday.

Sweet, safe and happy Sunday to all the homies. And yes, another rainy day for us. No matter, a repeat of yesterday’s screen fun.

Good morning everyone. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do today. I might do my hair color later today. I thought about just letting it grow out to its natural gray, but I'm not ready for that yet. I really need a hair cut, but that will just have to wait.

Kfish - I do not envy you having to balance kids, school, and work. In VA they have cancelled school for the remainder of the school year. We are enjoying helping out our local restaurants, but I worry about how much weight I will gain. Hope your cold is better soon.

Bobbie - Glad to hear that Liv is getting some jobs that she is more comfortable with. Sounds like Target management could use some retraining. I'll bet that lead won't think it is a stupid virus if he or someone he loves gets it.

Kfish - Play dates? Geez, don't these people realize this is not a vacation? There are still students stuck on campus at B & dh's university. Dh said that they have had to remove chairs from common areas to keep the students from gathering in large groups.

Schumi - One of my goals right now is to go through the top 100 lists of music in the 80's and see what I would like to add to my playlist. B likes 80's music too. Busch Gardens was supposed to have an 80's cover band on the member sneak peek day. I hope they are able to get the band to come once they finally open.
Sad that the Chinese place had to close. There is a place near me that I need to add to our list of local restaurants to frequent during the virus scare.
I have to questions your friend. Just because we are stuck at home for an extended period of time doesn't mean we should forgo basic hygiene.

We got some good news yesterday. The university is giving a $1000 credit to each student who had paid for room and board until the end of the semester. This can be applied to any of next year's fees. Speaking of next year, it's almost time to B to register for the fall. I am trying to talk ne into takeing a few classes over the summer too.

I took a sleeping pill last night as unable to sleep and went out like a light!

Only bad thing about that was the cats woke me up at 5:05 and I shooed them to Mr Mac.
Then was able to nod off for another couple of hours.

Got up at 7 and did not see Mr Mac in bed...
Looked in the living room and he was sleeping on the couch.

Guess this means cats got him up and he fed them.

Wish these cats would learn how to tell time as they don’t eat until 6:30 am.

One of them is having 3 teeth extracted Monday.

I’m letting him handle taking her to the vet.

Walking Dead tonight, hope it is better than last weeks show.
They will be losing more fans if they keep up having stinking shows.

Played ketchup last night to read all the pages I have been missing here. Was so good to see how all are doing.
And great to see Damo, Kfish, Bobbie, Cam, Sue, etc posting.
All have been missed and this is a good time to come back “ home” to give us a heads up on how you are doing.
I ♥ when the homies come home to visit.

The rain that was predicted last night came quickly and was loud and then over.
Thinking now that is why the cats tried to wake me up ( they are scaredcats during storms)

It’s Sunday and that means pizza night for us.
We always do a large order so have leftovers for Mondays.
No complaints from me on that

Wednesday I can leave the house and will go directly to Publix!

I have no idea how long the world will have this virus.
When I was really sick, kept thinking I will recover and get better and back to normal.
Last night I watched tv about how the virus has escalated and taken so many lives.
Anything world wide is grave concern as this generation has not experienced a mass illness.

But, I still see a rainbow coming ahead.
All of us will carry on and get past it, but will be smarter and better prepared.

My plans for the Darkside are etched in stone for late September.
I do hope to meet all of youse that will be there at UO when I am.

Just read Charade’s post

Georgia does not have a state wide, stay at home order like many states have.
It is up to each county to declare that.
Our state would not have that many deaths if peeps would stay home.

The state has a number of large cities and a whole lot of smaller communities

My HOA has many 2 parents working full time so rare to see anyone outside during the day.
Families with kids are with sitters and don’t see them come home after 6:00.

The eateries stopped dine in but you can do pick up.
The places we do order from adds 18.5% to your order. Just something they impose as many businesses need to survive.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

82FA0F23-DEE2-4A28-A763-F726803A4C6D.jpeg

08EBCA1B-A95F-4DAB-9520-9A42BC91B720.jpeg

Yeah, Robo, crazy times for sure in my City. Hope you can go back North, when you are ready.

We are supposed to head back this Friday. Son and daughter in law where checking on house yesterday. Then son called us yesterday late and said bad weather had moved through our area. Then I checked this morning and a tornado touched down in our town. Will wait till neighbor or son call to tell us if home was damaged. Power is out there.

I seen a report about how busy the beaches are in Florida. Wow...just wow. is all I can say. I sure hope that in 2 weeks we don't see huge spikes in the number of cases from people being in such close contact with eachother. I guess only time will tell.

They have closed all the beaches here in Florida as far as I know, but people are still parking by small trails to the beach and are still going. Always a few that are willing to skirt the rules.

Gov of Florida furious that they were still allowing flights from New York and New Jersey to fly into Florida.

One friend of my nephew's has symptoms (Fever, cough, lethargic, chills) and called the designated hospital line three times and was denied a test. I don't know if they're waiting until people get "really bad" before testing? It doesn't make sense.

I hope he is able to get help.....there are young people dying too.

Stores have designated senior hours, but some people are complaining about it online, asking why they get special treatment and they shouldn't have to cater to them. It's disgusting how people are being insensitive to the vulnerable.

The seniors are very vulnerable and need the time set aside for them to shop. I think at times like these people’s true colors show through. So sad.

I was at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and a little old lady came up to me in the self check out and ask me to help her scan her items. She went on to tell me her neighbor dropped her off at Walmart on her way to work and she had no way to get home. I took her home. She has no family here. Mad sure she had connections with her church for future needs

mac....hope the flu has disappeared along with the headaches......not nice thing to happen!!! Many hugs......

Mac hope you are feeling better everyday.

90BA7A68-9044-46F8-B24B-FFB635A39204.gif

Oh, almost forgot, there was no Spam on the shelves.

LOL......everyone can have the Spam.....I have never liked that congealed mystery meat.....

There are so many people outdoors but avoiding each other. Lots of stories of the stupids coming home from out of country travel and not self-isolating for 14 days as they have been told to. You really have to wonder about some people.

My Canadian neighbors went back to Toronto and they are in 14 day isolation.

It’s Mother’s Day in the U.K. so seems as though some are listening and some aren’t.

Happy belated mother’s day to you and your mum.

82377D07-B2CB-4752-B6DD-3933A1034A79.gif

Today was an emotional day for me. I haven't seen my mom and dad, sister, or some of my children (adults) in two weeks. I took groceries to my mom and dad and left them on her porch and talked to her through the window. It was so sad I cried on the way home. I got her to set up skype tonight and we had a good chat, which was nice. I'm worried about my husband who has to work in all this.

:hug:

We are still seeing folks swarm into grocery stores yesterday.....it`s like watching a football match crowd heaving into the stadiums!!! Shocking. And the grocery stores extra hour in the morning for NHS and emergency staff only was overtaken by selfish idiots who thought they should be entitled to rush past everyone else......

So sad people are behaving so badly....those poor, tired overworked NHS folks need all the help they can get.

I just finished writing a midterm online. The last one. This week starts another heavy class in pharmacology :scared1:.. The medical terminology was hard enough...now to add this...oh my. Only 6 more weeks left until I'm done. I will be looking forward to some free time once this part is complete.

Hang in there....it will be over before you know it.

Things have seemed to hit a quiet lull here. Most businesses have closed. Even our optomistrist and dental offices have closed except for emergencies.

I had temporary crown put on 4 weeks ago.....was able to get permanent crown put on. Had to go back again this week for them to tweak the fit.....so thankful.

I am feeling better each day. I am still being careful with lifting anything. I hope to be back to full health in a few weeks. Brian is still busy working on the house. We are just going to have everything ready to go for when things turn around.

Bobbie68....so glad to hear you are feeling better :hug:

he teens are s till working Liv is having a hard time with this though.

Bobbie68 hope Liv is doing better at work and the managers are working with her on changing her job assignment.

Our health workers are begging everyone to please self isolate and not mix. It`s heartbreaking to see their pleas and folks to ignore them. They have posted lots of images holding up paper signs saying similar things, I`m sure it`s the same in the US.

Frontline hero’s for sure.

Something fun for today. Six years ago we were expecting snow of a coating to an inch. Here’s what actually happene

Wow....they missed that one by a mile.

So, another not so good nights sleep...….this cough is relentless, but I don't think it`s the dreaded 19.

Schumi hope you feel better soon and it not covid.

9AC61B07-185F-447E-B428-69B6D7BAD4A9.gif

Hello everyone!

:welcome:

There was a campaign for everyone in the United Kingdom, at 8pm tonight to stand outside, lean out of windows, go on balconies and clap, cheer, shout and whoop in support of our wonderful NHS staff and carers who are all working so hard for us during this crisis.

They are putting flags out in our community to show support. I’am sure it was an amazing tribute to their selfless service....what a wonderful idea.

I have to admit my heart goes out to them all....my baby sister is on the frontlines she is a Nurse too.

and so has it been. Still raining out.

We need rain here in my area of Florida.

Yes, all those working in the grocery stores are hero’s also.

Hey :wave: KStar.....teachers are awesome:cheer2:

So, today we are having a pajama day.....can`t even remember if we have ever done that.......although my friend facetimed me this morning and said I was cheating as I had clean pajamas on.......:confused3 what`s that all about, of course they`re clean.......apparently that`s cheating because I showered and got into pajamas.....lol......anything else is not good!!!

:hyper:

Keisha and Tink hope you are both doing well....you are missed here

9AC61B07-185F-447E-B428-69B6D7BAD4A9.gif

Just heard from baby sis she asked me if I heard about tornado in our town in Indiana. I told her I did. She told me that they are not allowing people into the town as to many downed lines etc. Will call neighbor and see if our house was damaged.

Seems like the things just keep coming don’t they......oh well.

On a positive note as the world has descended into hell in a hat basket...hubby decided to get the sports car he had always wanted 3 weeks ago. I told him to go ahead and get it. It’s now or never.

We got tickled when we were checking out the navigation and a British accent nav person comes on.....LOL...wasn’t expecting that. It’s a Jaguar F-Type convertible.....they don’t change the nav voice for cars sold in US...nice touch.

It’s an awesome car to drive. He deserved it. He is always doing things for others and never for himself. This has put things in to perspective a little. Why dream for something and never spend the money only to possibly catch a virus and die not realizing your dreams.

I think this virus was planted. Just my opinion. To many obvious discrepancies between with what China has shared. Just sayin.

Have been making masks to help out a little.

06129B3B-9E9D-40A6-97BF-CAD6359521D7.jpeg

Need to get scootin have a great rest of the day Sans family.

92617143-CB43-4E6B-B34C-4D02312AD819.jpeg

Last edited:
Lynne......I am the same......early mornings for me all the time. I don’t think it ever leaves you if you are that type of person.....although there are times I’d love to say I slept till 8am or even 9.....couldn’t tell you the last time I slept late!!!

Charade.......lol......no, she was only joking.....it was a joke at my expense for being so tidy and in order........guess I never explained. She has the highest of standards of cleanliness. Just laughs at me having to have everything “just so” at every moment.

mac........good to see you!!! Yes, we gave up on the WD a long time ago.....Tom lasted a few seasons longer than me.

I could go pizza again tonight......heck, pizza anytime I guess!! Yes, this is one event that will become a major part of history. I said that on Skype to my God Daughter a few days ago.....she’ll tell her kids and grand kids that she remembers this happening. Hope the cats get on ok tomorrow......

Robo.......good to see you and hope all is well back home, tornado is the last thing anyone needs........Thank you........yes, Spam will never be on our list of things that appeal!! Never quite got that one.......yes, every one of our emergency services and health workers are heroes.

We had a Doctor on tv pleading with folks to stay home, not to visit each other, it’s not a vacation and please listen to him........but, there are always folks that still ignore it and carry on as normal. Makes most folks so angry........but take care hope you and your family stay healthy.........

So, I just woke up........thought I’d have a snooze after lunch for half an hour or so........slept a bit longer!

Beef is a filet joint so won’t take much cooking.......even Kyle likes that quite rare.

Guess it might be a late night tonight since I slept most of the afternoon away!!!

Last edited:
Oh Robo, I saw that tornado damages in the news this early morning. Hope all are safe, and no damage to your home. Yes, to all the medical staff, cannot say enough thanks.

Well, my little one decided 11 am was a bad time to wake her up. Yeah, waking a college age kid sleeper was like disturbing a hornet nest. LOL

Hence, brunch I made was, yep, breakfast food. Eggs Benedict for older one, and he liked my sauce so much, he used it on his hash browns, little one wanted chocolate chip pancakes, and I had plain ones. And some scrambled eggs for me, as just poached eggs for older one’s meal. Add some butter and maple syrup, and no complaints and full. So most likely no lunch. But I bet, afternoon snack may be in the day’s schedule.

Hope this finds your day enjoyable, as last weekend in March. And I would be happy to send Robo some of this dreary rain.

Have been making masks to help out a little.

View attachment 484171

Need to get scootin have a great rest of the day Sans family.
THANK YOU Robo! You're a good egg! :love2:
SHOUT out to those doing what they can to help! THANK YOU!
My 79 y/o Mom-with significant health issues of her own-started sewing masks up almost three weeks ago. She has lost count of how many-but the trimmings have filled up a huge empty Amazon box twice.

Sending Pixie Dust to those affected by this disaster-which is pretty much everyone is some form or the other. The numbers are staggering, but each of those numbers is a human, with loved ones that are enduring pain-the likes of which I can only imagine.
Trying to stay "positive".
We have tried-unsuccessfully-to shield Gage from the news. He is holding up pretty well, but there are definitely extra challenges right now keeping him stable.
Birthday trip thisweek is obviously canceled-dang, I sure had some great FPs and ADRs!!!- but it seems rather petty and selfish to woller in too much self pity. 🐖🐖🐖🐖

Here's to better times ASAP SANS Dudettes and Dudes! :love:

Hi everybody :wave2:

Checking in to let you know that I'm still here....sorry I've been absent for so long.

We are considered essential employees in the garden center so no staying home for me. I can't believe all the people ignoring the shelter in place orders just to buy plants in the county I work in...there have been 100+ confirmed cases according to the local hospital :sad2: Thankfully, the county I live in only has 1 case.

Danielle is doing okay at the pizza place since most of their business is pick up and delivery...she's paying her wait staff extra to make up for lost tips. Trey works with both of us at the garden center and pizza place..it's scary times and I pray none of us catch this mess.

The roof has finally been replaced and I'm in limbo with the rest of the repairs to the interior (sheetrock and cabinets) due to the shelter in place orders.

Sad to say we probably won't make it to HHN this year due to my medical bills and home repairs but I can enjoy it vicariously through all of my homies who are still going.

Carole...hope you are better soon :flower3:

Robo...sorry to hear about the tornado...hope your home is undamaged and you can get back soon.

Shout out to mac, keisha, Lynne, bobbie, charade, monyk, sue, pumpkin, mrose, kfish and anyone else who is reading along...stay safe and have a wonderful day :flower1:

Vicki does your county have the restrictions of stay in place?

I’m a good hour north of you and my county has many places open still.
No restrictions here.

And with that we have two more documented cases of covid.
We only have 3 on the books but county that butts up to where I am (outside of city limits) has deaths besides infected listed.

Vicki does your county have the restrictions of stay in place?

I’m a good hour north of you and my county has many places open still.
No restrictions here.

And with that we have two more documented cases of covid.
We only have 3 on the books but county that butts up to where I am (outside of city limits) has deaths besides infected listed.
Yes, we are under stay in place orders in both the county I live in and the one where I work.

The surrounding counties have numerous cases so our little county issued the order as a precaution. The one case we had was an 85 year old who unfortunately passed away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter