Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning, homies! I stumbled my way back into the home. :laughing:

Thanks @bobbie68 for the well wishes when you posted to all of us and good luck for your fam as well! Looks like you have a lot going on too.

It’s always nice to hear from those who pop in time to time. Liv I hope you working it too with that school work!

Seems a lot of the conversation has been about snow lately and unfortunately (maybe fortunately for a lot of you folks) there isn’t any in FL, so not much to talk about for me there. It was very cold and windy yesterday for the Floridians, but I loved it. Was a little wacky trying to drive through it yesterday especially being on the beach side. I didn’t realize until I got home it was 20-30 mph, 40 mph gusts though. Oops. Luckily, I remained safe. If I felt in true danger I would have pulled over. I was visiting a friend who needed help. When not doing that I’ve been catching up / trying to maintain the level of what I have now with my Network + class work. Starting to get complicated, but at least my grades are still up.

I hope you all are well and trying to stay warm a cozy and safe in those roads. For any future plans keep planning, or dreamin’ if you haven’t even started. Got distracted this week, but missed you guys!

Good to hear you still are doing well at school and having some fun, Dix. Yeah, we had 40 mph winds the other day. Could feel it pushing my car at times. Heard the water parks around you were closed, so you must have had some much cooler weather. Us, now flirting with a bit higher temps than average. The cold air that came two days ago, will be outta here as the night falls. 50’s for us, makes many in shorts and short sleeved shirts. Hence by tomorrow, that clothing will be seen.

Charade, I guess it is early, but little one started back 2 weeks before older one did. Hence, her 16 week semester is over at the end of April, and finals are the first week of May. I think older one has his break the same time as B. And we are looking for an apartment for little one next year, as they seem to be cheaper than the dorms, and well older students are not guaranteed dorm room availability and she can choose the food she wants, as this year, she was not very fond of the food plan choices. She and her current roommate want to be together, so 2 other girls from her floor, and them are looking at a 4 bedroom place, as they seem to be the cheapest. Growing up, oh my.

And oops, forgot to turn the alarm off. No matter, I was already awake and it startled me. Difference is, I was slow to get moving. But happy to say, warm enough inside for me, the house is quiet and tea is in my cup.
D25E2828-5029-4577-83E1-AA606E7E34B2.jpeg

Yep, homies, good morning and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Okay, I'm awake. Now what? I have absolutely nothing planned for the day.

Disxuni - Glad to hear school is going well. How far are you from graduation?

Lynne - Wow, an apartment already. At B's school students under 21 are required to live on campus unless they are living with a parent or guardian. I think they are being too restrictive, but dorm life has been good for B and campus food is pretty good.
Her last exam day is May 5. Hard to believe the first year of college will be over in a little over 2 months.

Morning everyone!
I had a whirlwind day yesterday and today will probably be the same. We are hosting a birthday party later tonight and I have a lot to do today.

McK, yeah, my Dsis lives about 1 driving hours or so, North of me, and her temps are always 2 or 3 degrees lower than mine. And yay, for hockey tickets. Yep, winter sport for sure.
I forgot to comment on this the other day..
One of my daughters lives about 45 minutes north of us and her weather is always more mild than ours. It's our high elevation on the mountain that keeps us colder. Thursday night we had a little snow and she didn't have anything!
Sunday, Walking Dead returns
I was hooked on WD until they got rid of Rick.
I used to watch TWD every Sunday since the first episode and stopped the season before they killed off Carl. I don't usually get invested in tv shows and I loved TWD but slowly became disenchanted with the way they dragged the Negan storyline on and on and on. That's when I started recording them and kind of skipping through and the last full episode I watched was Carl's final one. I did skim Rick's final episode but didn't watch the whole thing. Since they were original characters I wanted to see their last moments. I just don't like the direction Gimple took the show.
I once was able to be in Senoia Ga when they were filming, obviously I wasn’t able to get close to Alexandria until filming had wrapped.
That's really cool!
I shoot to be at the bag check 45 minutes before park opening. Went bagless this go-round, breezed thru turnstyles at 7:40 am for 8 am opening

It has basically become a lottery. No longer does hopping on the app at the appointed time guarantee any sort of boarding group, even back up. It’s definitely not a good system but suppose it is the most ‘democratic’ to allow onsite & offsite guests have a go at it.
I'm glad you posted your experience. I'm not sure yet if we'll get to HS that early just to have the chance that we wouldn't get a boarding group.
My thoughts, it will either be one extreme or the other as to the coronavirus being an issue. Have no plans to curtain our travel plans, next up at bat end of March.
Our plans are still on too. There's nothing to do but watch right now.
Yep, we're ready for our NYC trip coming up soon enough too, but beginning of March.
How is NYC in March?

I have a friend who tries every year to get me to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, and I turn her down every year, lol! It only takes us about 2-ish hours to get to NYC but it's so cold in November, such big crowds, parking is a pain, and not many places to use the bathroom without buying a $15 hot chocolate each time! We tend to go to Philly more often anyway in general, even though it's about the same distance for us, it always seems closer.

Mrose Glad that you are enjoying your second home! I agree when we use to go to hockey games it did make it better if it was colder. I hope you have a great time tonight!
Oh yes, it's fun here!
We had a great time at the game. We tend to go a few times during hockey season. There are two AHL teams that are within reasonable driving distance to us so it's a nice night out. We did have to stand in the cold, windy weather for about 10 minutes before getting in the arena and that part wasn't fun!
I had forgotten how awful the Micky video looked.
LOL! It's cringy, isn't is? Everytime I get my kids to watch something from when I was younger, I am genuinely surprised by how cheesy it is! I remember these things differently until I actually see them again.
It was very cold and windy yesterday for the Floridians, but I loved it. Was a little wacky trying to drive through it yesterday especially being on the beach side. I didn’t realize until I got home it was 20-30 mph, 40 mph gusts though. Oops. Luckily, I remained safe.
Oh yikes! I'm glad you're safe. I find it interesting when we're driving in Florida and those sudden, heavy downpours happen. They legitimately scare me and I'm amazed by how Floridians drive so calmly. I'm used to driving in a lot of snow and ice and could drive no problem in heavy snowfalls and near white outs, so I guess it's just what you become used to wherever you live.

DLPN, your dogs are really cute! I'm a dog lover and we have two.

Have a great day everyone! I'll probably be popping on and off during the day. I have a DIS addiction problem. :rolleyes:

Oh, I never do the City parades, McK. Too cold and way too many people. When the Philly ones were on a slightly different path, my DH had his office on the parades routes. Those years, we watched the parades from his full glass windowed office that faced the street. Little one skipped school and one of her friends’ parents took a car full of kids to the Eagles parade. I watched at home.

We have only been in NYC around the holidays to see the Rockettes, and shop, as a mid morning train and a late evening one. Never drove into NYC. Last year, we we went in June, as I scored last minute second row Orchestra, middle two seats to the 9,000 show of the Lion King. It was awesome. We stayed two nights, and did some sightseeing. This March, doing some of the sightseeing we missed, and of course, some shopping too, with two nights again. Train sometimes puts a deal on tickets, so cheaper time to go now.

I was grocery shopping, always a weekend chore. Sweets? Nope, but did pick up TastyKakes yesterday, on my way home. Does that count Mac?

You missed the memo
Last one here brings food on Saturday
Store bought sweets will be just as fine as homemade ones
Jk
I'm actually pretty good at making sweets. Most will contain chocolate and/or peanut butter.

Lynne - I would love to see a Rockette show someday. The one time we were in NYC B and I took a tour of Radio City Music Hall and B got a picture with a Rockette. Unfortunately we didn't have time to stay for a show.

You missed the memo
Last one here brings food on Saturday
Store bought sweets will be just as fine as homemade ones
Jk

Think I’m the last here today mac.......

Food choices are vanilla cheesecake......southern fried chicken or pizza.......and several flavours of ice cream........all home made except for pizza.......::yes::

Nice day today......friends had a little get together this afternoon.....just informal but lovely. About 12 of us altogether.....

Quiet night in tonight.....we still have high winds around and snow/sleet predicted tomorrow.

Bottle of wine open..........:wave2:

Afternoon all :). Waiting for the mr to try to install the ring doorbell. Wish us luck lol

spent few hours this am working on costume for GD. Her family is going to villains party in April at MK. We are skipping, get enough of that at the MNSSHP.

so, she picks Hades from Hercules. I had to think hard in that one. She’s going to do hair/makeup at one of the hotel spas. Ooh la la. Actually less than Babbitt bobbidy thing.

have toga almost there. had to craft a necklace. Think it came out pretty good.

Once glue dries need to figure out how to attach it to tshirt. Thinking Velcro?

58EBA33D-50DD-4452-B934-DAE85930F212.jpeg

had a whirlwind day yesterday and today will probably be the same. We are hosting a birthday party later tonight and I have a lot to do today.
Ooh party hearty!
at's when I started recording them and kind of skipping through and the last full episode I watched was Carl's final one. I did skim Rick's final episode but didn't watch the whole thing. Since they were original characters I wanted to see their last moments. I just don't like the direction Gimple took the show.
It’s shown life part A of season. I a
Tend to record everything. Can’t stand the commercial interruptions
Food choices are vanilla cheesecake......southern fried chicken or pizza.......and several flavours of ice cream........all home made except for pizza.......::yes::
Beats the bacon & eggs I made for breakfast

Think I’m the last here today mac.......

Bottle of wine open..........:wave2:

I’ll have a little of all that Schumi!
I’m hungry now...

I skipped lunch as we are doing take out bbq rib dinners early evening tonight
Great bbq place a few minutes from our house

Thought we could wait until March for the lawn mowing
Caved in today and had our first mowing of this year
Kind of forced into it as neighbors on both sides of us and across the street had their mowing done well over a week ago
One just did a second mow this month

Eh, our lawn is still brown. No mowing for a couple of months, Mac.

Have a great time with the birthday celebration tonight, McK. 🎂

Ah, pizza or Chinese for dinner. Wish we had a bbq place near us. None even a drive away are to our liking. And I like bbq.

Sunny day, so maybe a movie before dinner? Hmmm. Choices this afternoon.

Fried chicken sounds really good. I was just at the grocery and could smell the fried chicken cooking at the deli.

Im on my own for supper tonight. Need to decide what I want.

Saw Keisha posted as I was finishing up typing

She always beats me here and she has had a more productive day than I have had
Lol

Lynne, move to the deep South and you’ll find more bbq places than McDonald’s or any of the fast food places (excluding Bojangles)

Mrose, hope the birthday celebration thrills the birthday boy(man)
I am counting on you to have left overs as Keisha’s main squeeze has a license to drive the bus
He will bring all of the homies to your house so we can crash the party
Leave your porch light on.....

A big “hey” to all the homies
Hope your weekend is going swell!

mrose......have a Lovely celebration tonight.......yes, before Tom finally gave up on WD he ended up watching it in around 7 minutes.....

Keisha we’re the same......record everything and flick past the commercials.......our commercials are all dreadful here.....

mac......bbq sounds good!!! It’s not something we do well over here....not in restaurants anyway......I cook a mean rack of ribs, but not very often! Enjoy!! Our grass is a long way from being ready to mow.....although it is very green as we have had a lot of rain and been relatively warm this past 8 weeks.

Winds are getting gustier again.......glad I’m not out tonight......

Although I do need to stop nibbling on the pieces of chicken left over :blush:.......I made my southern fried seasoning extra spicy tonight as only Tom and I were having it, other two were having pizza...........lovely!!

I got really bored today and decided to try to make a lemon Bundt cake with cream cheese icing. I am waiting for the cake to cool so I can add the icing. It's not going to look anywhere near as pretty as the picture does. I just hope it tastes good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter