Something About Nothing............ #14

No snow yet.
A little bit. If they say it’s going to snow then I actually want to see some snow.
Aww... You're invited to PA because it's very lightly flurrying right now. It's only 28 degrees though, with a low expected tonight of 15. Nothing is sticking so we can't build a snowman. :(
We do not have any snow plows in my area so brine is the only thing possible to help the roads when icy or the rare chance of snow
Interesting! It's a liquid they spray?

Yep, brine here where I live too, McK. Think more of a Northern area preference.

A what for dinner. Maybe roast beef sandwiches. Hmmm.

Good Friday Morning......

I think I`m going to have something plain for dinner tonight.....had another lovely evening out for dinner with friends. Lucky them, they head back to the USA today.

Dinner was lovely too. Steaks all round. Although I do like the sound of Lynne`s roast beef sandwich for tonight......

Today, it`s cold and breezy with rain heading our way.....nice. But, always a silver lining......not quite sure what that is, but there`s always one.....still, plan to nip out this morning somewhere.....no plans to go out over the weekend so will get some fresh air today.

Have a fun and happy Friday.......

HaHa, always like a Jack funny, Schumi. Happy you enjoyed an evening out with friends. Yep, made hot roast beef sandwiches, with gravy, for DH and I. Older one, oddly, does not like that kind of sandwich, so made him a burger. Easy meals are appreciated on the days I get home close to dinnertime.

And it felt blessedly cold this morning. While not the low of 12 at 5 this morning, but 22 out, with a very cool feeling breeze. Will be sunny as all today, but no where will anyone feel warm. Sigh. But hey, more rain in the 5 day forecast, and that awesome 50's temps will be the highs. Woot! for that.

Ack, so much for that snow warning, Charade. On the news last night, they said this winter has had no appreciable amount of snow, 0.3 inches. One of our least amounts of snow for over a decade. But no matter, it is a snowy area, 22 inches of snow totals is the long term average. Sigh. Maybe in another decade, I'll won't have to say, it's snowing.

But, oh yes, 475390 and so happy about that.

And more Jack is always fun to laugh at:

475394 Ha Ha.

Okay, cool outside, cool enough inside, heater cranking in the car and office. And yes, tea is in the cup in my hand.

Have a perfectly good Friday, homies. Wake up. It's Friday.

Good Afternoon and Good Morning!

It's Friday, so that means house cleaning and laundry. What fun.

I just did something kind of silly. Build a Bear has introduced a Doctor Who collection. So far it is just the 10th and 13th doctors. I just ordered myself a 10th doctor bear. To borrow a phrase from my mom - I need it like I need a hole in the head.

Dinner tonight will be sloppy joes. We were supposed to have them last night, but I realized too late that I had purchased tomato paste instead of tomato sauce. Oops. A quick trip to Kroger will remedy that,

Good Friday morning homies!

Sunday, Walking Dead returns
Show ended mid season by the humans being trapped in a cave
Now we will find out who lives or dies

I read the spoilers so I’m prepared in advance

I was hooked on WD until they got rid of Rick.

I once was able to be in Senoia Ga when they were filming, obviously I wasn’t able to get close to Alexandria until filming had wrapped.

That was a great experience being such a fan of the show, unfortunately they dumped so many good characters I kinda lost interest.

F3CF5F16-668C-4FE9-8FA5-084DA4ED6613.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all! Everyone gearing up for the weekend ahead?

In single digits this am but already up to mid 20’s & supposed to hit 50 degrees Sunday. Jr stopped for the 2nd time this week for breakfast & for help to book a hotel for his NYC long weekend trip next month.

DH & I both got stitches removed at derm yesterday & good results on the testing. A good day:)

Mr came home this am and announced he was off work until Tuesday am...then asked ‘where are we going’...porchville my dear :). I’m worn out from last weekend lol

I’m thinking of the lemon meringue pie this morning
I think of that a spring type dessert for some reason. Such a refreshing dessert.
Wondering how our Keishashadow is doing this week at the motherland

I keep meaning to send her a note to remember use the sunscreen
But it’s late night when I start to do it ....
Like near midnight so I put it off

Don’t want her phone to ring and wake her up
(already been warned....oops)
Haha indeed need all the beauty sleep I can muster at this stage of the game
What time did you get to DHS for Rise of Resistance?
I shoot to be at the bag check 45 minutes before park opening. Went bagless this go-round, breezed thru turnstyles at 7:40 am for 8 am opening

It has basically become a lottery. No longer does hopping on the app at the appointed time guarantee any sort of boarding group, even back up. It’s definitely not a good system but suppose it is the most ‘democratic’ to allow onsite & offsite guests have a go at it.
I'm wondering what the status in the US will be when we travel in May.
My thoughts, it will either be one extreme or the other as to the coronavirus being an issue. Have no plans to curtain our travel plans, next up at bat end of March.
love lemon meringue pie, but have never been able to make it. I can never get my meringue to set properly.
It all depends for me too. I’ve had issues letting filling sit too long before topping it and a time or two must not have sealed it properly with the merengue. Since I’m the only one in the house that eats it, just order it when dining out
No news on Keisha so I take it as she is having fun, fun, fun!
Wonderful trip until the trouble child lit a fire that took me most of day to resolve. Let’s just say I reached the end of my rope & we are taking a break until he mans up lol
Digital testing is not painful
Hmm IDK the digital machine felt just as squishy to me last few go-rounds. If anything it takes longer to get all the weird angles. Worth it to skip the ultrasound process. Maybe different type of machine for you?

We gave up on WD ages ago too.......I think not long after Negan to came into it.......but mac, I have to say your continued used love for the show is admirable........I know how much you enjoy it......

Have I missed a Janet post??? Haven‘t been keeping up with all posts this last week.......hope her trip was a big success!!!

Seriously quiet day today........popped out this morning for some items from grocery store and farm store.

Rolls with bacon for lunch, then this afternoon Tom watched some sci fi tv through in the room with the big screen and I was in another room reading some of my Freddie Mercury book with 80’s music playing......not a bad afternoon. Wind has been howling all around us again today......so it’s nice to be in looking out.......

Quiet night in.......Kyle is having my southern fried chicken for dinner, Tom is cooking himself some new sausages from our butcher that I don’t like the sound of......so I’m cooking myself a spicy chicken stir fry......

Love a Friday........

Yay! A Keisha post. Yep, we're ready for our NYC trip coming up soon enough too, but beginning of March. Glad to hear all well on the medical stuff. Worn out trip? Ha, for the Mr. to be off. Yep, relaxation time.

Neat picture DisneyLife. Yeah, I could only take the WD some of the time. My older one enjoys it mostly.

Mac, lucky you it returns this week-end. I won't be watching, but hope you enjoy watching it.

Lunchtime walk was brisk, and cold, but hey those sunglasses were so needed, it's so bright out.

Hope all have a happy Friday night. Me, looking forward to be like this:

Hello :wave:...Thank you everyone for the good luck wishes for Brian:goodvibes. I am sure there will be so many people applying so we are trying to stay realistic but it is so hard!! He keeps checking his phone like every half hour :laughing:.

Took the kitty to the vet for his first treatment. It went well and he has to get blood work every week for 4 weeks and as long as his white count is good he can get more treatments. We are going to look into some natural vitamins to help boost is immunity. He seems to be settled back in at home and doing good. Thanks for the well wishes for him!

The last couple of days have been busy. I am prepping the rooms and walls for Brian and company to start painting this weekend. I made a pot of chili last night and a meat sauce. My dad and a friend came over for dinner and pie for my late birthday. It was a nice night. It has gotten cold here again but I am handling it better. This weekend is more work on the house, I am motivated lately so trying to keep it going. Not sure what dinner will be tonight!

Liv is doing a little better at work. There are a few people who trigger the anxiety more, but she has come home a little less stressed. She is doing good this semester with school. Thanks for asking about her.

Mac looking forward to the WD back this weekend. I have read a few things here and there. I like spoilers but Charlie and Brian don't, so we keep them quiet. I hope you enjoy it. We use the brine stuff on our streets before bad weather too. You do a great job of leaving the light on for us!!

Charade I think it's great that you splurge on things you don't really need LOL!! I have made house cleaning and laundry every day! I haven't made sloppy joes in awhile, that may have to end up on my menu. I hope they are good!!

Keishashadow glad that you had a nice trip! It is hard to switch temps like that. Congrats on your good results, it always makes the day good! Happy next trip planning.

Lynne NYC trip sounds great! It is a nice close place to go too. I would like to take the teens but I don't think Liv could handle the crowds. I love easy meals, burgers are always a plus. I hope you are as comfy as your kitty on the couch!!

Schumi It sounds like trivia night was fun for you guys. We love playing that in some of the restaurants. Everyone wants to be with Brian he knows so much about different topics. However, if it is anything music and movie related everyone picks me LOL!! I am glad you enjoyed going out with your friends before they left. Steaks are always a pleasure to have out. I hope your rain isn't to much!

Sue I hope your dreaming of warm sun and beaches on your way. I hope you have a great trip!

Mrose Glad that you are enjoying your second home! I agree when we use to go to hockey games it did make it better if it was colder. I hope you have a great time tonight!

Pumpkin I am sorry to hear about your second job and probably first for many. That is always one of the most stressful things to happen. Our Pier 1 stores closed here in CT about a year ago. I use to enjoy the store. I hope school is going good.

Disneylife LOL! that reminds me of my cats when I take out lettuce. I love your pic, how cool to be close to where they filmed. I am not sure how many more seasons I will hang in. It depends who they target next!!

A great big HELLO to all the SANS family who is busy and hopefully for good reasons. I hope everyone has a great Friday night and awesome weekend.

Lynne - another great cat pic! Mine used to sprawl out like that, dogs too. Supposedly, it means they are happy & safe in their surroundings.

The last couple of days have been busy. I am prepping the rooms and walls for Brian and company to start painting this weekend. I made a pot of chili last night and a meat sauce. My dad and a friend came over for dinner and pie for my late birthday. It was a nice night. It has gotten cold here again but I am handling it better. This weekend is more work on the house, I am motivated lately so trying to keep it going. Not sure what dinner will be tonight!
Your house sounds like quite the warm & comforting place. Birthday pie eh :) going against the norm is cool. I’ve hinted for cheesecake for years, hasn’t materialized lol

Oh, I am happy and comfy with blanket around me, with TV remote, as older one is busy and DH is teaching tonight.

And yay, little one will be home next weekend, as start of her Spring Break. And yeah, my beach loving kid wants not head to a beach for her Spring break. Tried to talk older one into heading South for his Spring break, but no interest from him. Maybe a last minute cruise in May, as both get out in early May.

Well I’m gonna tune into WD Sunday, how’s a little rum and WD sound?!?

We’ve been chatting about it and I’ll have to watch and see how out of sorts I actually am now!!!

Makes me think of HHN also!!!!!

It would be great to get some announcements made on that here soon!!

Quiet Friday night with nothing to do. Dh is at a martial arts class. I couldn't find anything on TV I wanted to watch, so I am now watching 80's videos on MTV. Classic. I had forgotten how awful the Micky video looked.

Hey all! Everyone gearing up for the weekend ahead?
No plans at all here. I think I need to find a hobby.

I haven't made sloppy joes in awhile, that may have to end up on my menu. I hope they are good!!
I'm not a big fan of sloppy joes, but dh loves them. I tried a recipe I hadn't used before. Dh really liked it, so I guess I will make it again.
Glad to hear the cat is doing well.

And yay, little one will be home next weekend, as start of her Spring Break.
That seems so early. B's is the week of March 15. Even that seems early to me. I'm still used to spring break in April.

Today I decided to go ahead and buy annual passes to Busch Gardens. They were offering the 2 park pass for the same price as the 1 park pass. I will probably never go to the water park, but I'm sure B will want to go . B and I may go to BG in April when dh is in Las Vegas.

Today I decided to go ahead and buy annual passes to Busch Gardens. They were offering the 2 park pass for the same price as the 1 park pass. I will probably never go to the water park, but I'm sure B will want to go . B and I may go to BG in April when dh is in Las Vegas.
Nice deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter