Something About Nothing............ #14

We have another beautiful but chilly day!

Went out for some fresh air.....didn't stay out long though. Picked up some proscuitto from a deli in next town to us and some newer meats we hadn't tried before......that`ll be lunch along with some Brie and crusty bread.

No plans today at all......except some baking. I`m really not the best baker, but everyone seems to enjoy it anyway. Tonight I`m making spicy meatballs with maybe pasta or maybe potato wedges....will see how we feel later.

Have a great Wednesday.

It seems a lot of people are not feeling up to snuff. Hope you guys are feeling yourself soon. 🤗

We're finally in the middle of the week. Whoop! I have a feeling this network thing is going to catch up to me. So far so good, but however that's only, because I get the gist of it since it's a lot of stuff I work with on a daily bases, but not in full detail. A lot of terms too. Considering all the stuff covered in two weeks, it'll be interesting to know how deep it's going to get in the later weeks.

Jonesing for another quick trip over to UO this weekend, but we shall see. Depends on if I have everything done by then, or I have other volunteer work to do. However, one things for sure is going to celebrate a birthday with one of my oldest friend's. We've been friends since the seventh grade.

It’s still time to say good morning all. In the spirit of Wednesday & the national pastime (not to mention a nod to Lynne’s team lol)

I had multiple bad things frozen off yesterday & both DH & I are scheduled for quickie procedures in early. February, back to back. Taking the whole togetherness thing to a whole new level. You know you have a bit of a travel habit when you schedule health things around whether you can go into ‘the water’ or not in time for next trip hahahaha

Jr taking me out to late lunch, bribery for driving him to airport for his trip to AZ tomorrow. Not necessary but much appreciated :)

I think my cold that was improving has come back.....with a cough! But, won`t let it get me down......I`m a trooper :rotfl:
Soldier on hut hut
Then booked our car service for September and December too, May was already booked......that`s about as organised as we need to be right now.
You are ahead of the game. I’m checking rental car rates the day prior :) but happy enough to book a midsize on alamo and hope for something cool(er) to be hidden in the aisle. Usually works out well. One thing that really tends to fluctuate wildly in our trips, it’s become a big of an obsession if truth be told lol
Keishashadow love jambalaya yum! How did it turn out?
Surprisingly, really good. Added a few of my own tweaks. My DHs creole forebears would roll over in their graves but I tend to use either sliced kliebassa for sausage in it. This time had in freezer those mini hillshire farms mini type things, left over from holidays. Perfect for my taste. One kiddo was in heaven. Mr turned his his nose up at it, saved him some plain shrimp to have today. Will never both with the other more labor intensive way again.
Enjoy hearing of all the trip on the Day of Vacation Day Off, yesterday’s theme. Eh, so far, only our next January trip is a lock. Spring Break May find us on a train, but heading North, not South. Thinking of a June or later May get away, just have to see what I can find.
January is cruise? North, say it’s not so lol. Rarely find myself heading that way but did love Alaskan cruise.

(A little voice is saying, October...come back to the dark side & see your friends :))
Tonight I`m making spicy meatballs with maybe pasta or maybe potato wedges....will see how we feel later.
Aging myself but thinking of old commerical ‘that’s a spidey meatball’. I never like how my oven potato wedges turn out.
Jonesing for another quick trip over to UO this weekend, but we shall see. Depends on if I have everything done by then, or I have other volunteer work to do. However, one things for sure is going to celebrate a birthday with one of my oldest friend's. We've been friends since the seventh grade.
So nice to be so close. You should celebrate that friendship, rare.

It’s still time to say good morning all. In the spirit of Wednesday & the national pastime (not to mention a nod to Lynne’s team lol)

I had multiple bad things frozen off yesterday & both DH & I are scheduled for quickie procedures in early. February, back to back. Taking the whole togetherness thing to a whole new level. You know you have a bit of a travel habit when you schedule health things around whether you can go into ‘the water’ or not in time for next trip hahahaha

Jr taking me out to late lunch, bribery for driving him to airport for his trip to AZ tomorrow. Not necessary but much appreciated :)

Soldier on hut hut

You are ahead of the game. I’m checking rental car rates the day prior :) but happy enough to book a midsize on alamo and hope for something cool(er) to be hidden in the aisle. Usually works out well. One thing that really tends to fluctuate wildly in our trips, it’s become a big of an obsession if truth be told lol

Surprisingly, really good. Added a few of my own tweaks. My DHs creole forebears would roll over in their graves but I tend to use either sliced kliebassa for sausage in it. This time had in freezer those mini hillshire farms mini type things, left over from holidays. Perfect for my taste. One kiddo was in heaven. Mr turned his his nose up at it, saved him some plain shrimp to have today. Will never both with the other more labor intensive way again.

January is cruise? North, say it’s not so lol. Rarely find myself heading that way but did love Alaskan cruise.

(A little voice is saying, October...come back to the dark side & see your friends :))

Aging myself but thinking of old commerical ‘that’s a spidey meatball’. I never like how my oven potato wedges turn out.

So nice to be so close. You should celebrate that friendship, rare.

lol.....love the joint appointments!! Tom and I do that too......everyone thinks its already funny we spend all our time together, but joint appointments knock them as even funnier for some reason!!

Enjoy the lunch.....always nice to spend time with the kiddos for any reason.......oh we’re not that organised.......we have only booked the car service to take us too and from the airport........we do have May’s car booked, just not September or Nov/Dec trip yet.....will get September’s car booked next few days or so.

My potato wedges are usually alright, I use the same tray and it cooks them perfectly.......never heard of a spidey meatball.....lol.....

Watching nothing special on tv.....might go through and put a movie on the big screen......

Have put 2 slow cookers on with a pork butt split between the two of them. They’ll cook overnight and will portion them up tomorrow for the freezer. Bbq sauce was cooked today too.

Hope Wednesday is good for you........

Oh Keisha, good luck with medical stuff, including luck to DH too. Yep, the mom taxi is alive and well. LOL No, cruise not heading North, the train would be. Little one has NYC on her radar for her Spring Break. We had such a good time last time we went for 2 nights last June. Cruise next January is going to RC's Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. K. So, South we will be. And, never been to 2 of those places, so looking forward to sailing on the mega ship Harmony. And yep, Fall trip for me, yes. Can't stay away from HHN. Hoping to see great AP rates for towards end of September this time, rather than October. That's a planned one. Will be stalking SW soon, as beginning of August is open so far. Love the Super Bowl reminder!

Most deep blue sky that I have seen in some time. Glorious sun, but ooh, that wind is cool and yeah, 40 out, but wind chills in the low 30's. Was a nice enough walk, and back for more tea.

I am sure Schumi's baking went well. Lush her meals usually are. Nice to not have much planned for today.

Dix, hope the network stuff does work out well for you. And yep, should go to the Dark Side this week-end. Start of MG, yay!

Love the camel Keishashadow! I’m going to have to look up a jambalaya recipe for the IP.

Today I did my morning volunteering at the church, then went for my mani.
pouring rain today. Yesterday was so beautiful but guess that’s it, guess one day of sun is all we get.

This afternoon I booked our (daughter & I) August Orlando flights. Airport hotel has been booked since my last stay earlier this month.

Have put 2 slow cookers on with a pork butt split between the two of them. They’ll cook overnight and will portion them up tomorrow for the freezer. Bbq sauce was cooked today too.
that’s a lotta meat!

I am restraining myself from the obvious butt jokes lol
Cruise next January is going to RC's Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. K. So, South we will be. And, never been to 2 of those places, so looking forward to sailing on the mega ship Harmony.
God willing, we’re doing western itinerary on the harmony the end of March. Loved the oasis, this one has even more bells & whistles!

Both ports are among my favs! On St T we do maegans bay or ferry to st. Johns

St kitts has a great batik factory tour place. Have a few of the beautiful pieces the artists make there...pillows & head wraps for beach.
we have done the whole island tour thing there but now tend to just reserve a beach club. It’s one of the few less commercialized islands, so pretty & full of mongoose of all things
Today I did my morning volunteering at the church, then went for my mani.
Ooh what shade? I keep telling myself one day I really need to commit to a full mani & pedi. Type A sort I am have always preferred to do my own nails but the idea of being pampered is growing on me

that’s a lotta meat!

God willing, we’re doing western itinerary on the harmony the end of March. Loved the oasis, this one has even more bells & whistles!

St kitts has a great batik factory tour place. Have a few of the beautiful pieces the artists make there...pillows & head wraps for beach.
we have done the whole island tour thing there but now tend to just reserve a beach club. It’s one of the few less commercialized islands, so pretty & full of mongoose of all things

Ooh what shade? I keep telling myself one day I really need to commit to a full mani & pedi. Type A sort I am have always preferred to do my own nails but the idea of being pampered is growing on me
its actually a bit brighter than pic, but it’s night time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 8
Ugh is january over yet? Son diagnosed with Flu yesterday. Sick since Friday so is now starting to feel better and fever free.
Puppy is growing fast-still a little clumsy though. And was obsessed with me yesterday-every time I sat down after work he crawled into my lap, and sat and watched me cook dinner. I had to have DH hold him so I could go to bed.

And yep-yet more SNOW last night-turned to rain that melted it but flurries on way home. Chickens used to the white stuff but still not happy. Supposed to be really nice this Sunday-will need to get to coop to clean out before Superbowl (GO CHIEFS) and next round of icky weather.
you’ve had ur share of crud this season, yuck. U think from work encounters?
I am really not sure where I'm getting this goop. Just the cough left now. Got some wine tonight as maybe the alcohol will kill last of germs! I've been in Healthcare/hospitals/nursing homes for 20 years so why this year is so awful I have no idea...although this year the allergies have been as bad as they've ever been too!

Think an early bedtime is good...

Hope all are well now and warm!

Ugh is january over yet? Son diagnosed with Flu yesterday. Sick since Friday so is now starting to feel better and fever free.
Puppy is growing fast-still a little clumsy though. And was obsessed with me yesterday-every time I sat down after work he crawled into my lap, and sat and watched me cook dinner. I had to have DH hold him so I could go to bed.

And yep-yet more SNOW last night-turned to rain that melted it but flurries on way home. Chickens used to the white stuff but still not happy. Supposed to be really nice this Sunday-will need to get to coop to clean out before Superbowl (GO CHIEFS) and next round of icky weather.

I am really not sure where I'm getting this goop. Just the cough left now. Got some wine tonight as maybe the alcohol will kill last of germs! I've been in Healthcare/hospitals/nursing homes for 20 years so why this year is so awful I have no idea...although this year the allergies have been as bad as they've ever been too!

Definitely some stuff making the rounds that’s for sure. Hope he gets feeling better soon.

I’m a Cowboys fan as far as football goes, but since Kansas City is only a few hours away driving I’m hoping they’ll get the job done also, they really do have some great talent, that quarterback, boy he has a bright future!!!

:wave2:

Yuck, the gift that keeps on giving. Hope your son is over his flu soon. And hope he doesn’t pass it on to you. Yup, wine sounds like a fine anti flu precaution for you!
Sounds like puppy has picked you as his person. Nothing like a warm cuddly pup in your lap.
We have equal opportunity doggies. Sydney favours me, and Sophie favours my husband.

Oh Keisha, good luck with medical stuff, including luck to DH too. Yep, the mom taxi is alive and well. LOL No, cruise not heading North, the train would be. Little one has NYC on her radar for her Spring Break. We had such a good time last time we went for 2 nights last June. Cruise next January is going to RC's Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. K. So, South we will be. And, never been to 2 of those places, so looking forward to sailing on the mega ship Harmony. And yep, Fall trip for me, yes. Can't stay away from HHN. Hoping to see great AP rates for towards end of September this time, rather than October. That's a planned one. Will be stalking SW soon, as beginning of August is open so far. Love the Super Bowl reminder!

Most deep blue sky that I have seen in some time. Glorious sun, but ooh, that wind is cool and yeah, 40 out, but wind chills in the low 30's. Was a nice enough walk, and back for more tea.

I am sure Schumi's baking went well. Lush her meals usually are. Nice to not have much planned for today.

Dix, hope the network stuff does work out well for you. And yep, should go to the Dark Side this week-end. Start of MG, yay!

A NY trip sounds good about now Lynne....we do enjoy going there. I`ve visited 6 times to NYC and could easily visit anytime....never bored there.....sounds like it would be a lovely trip for both of you.....

that’s a lotta meat!

Yes it is a huge butt!!!! Sometimes jokes just need to be mentioned...…. :rotfl:

Never been one for mani/pedi`s….when my friend that passed away was here, she`d drag me along to Spa days (such a hardship :laughing:) as she loved all that. I never put nail polish on though. Your nails always look good so you must be doing something right.

I actually have three vouchers collecting dust in a drawer for Spa Days.....will get round to them eventually......

Hope you and DS feel a lot better too!! Wine is good!!! Everyone seems to be suffering with something right now over here....guess it`s all over!

Mild and grey today, but rain and high winds forecast.

Turned off the slow cookers, pork smells amazing.......will let them cool and then portion up later. Got some grocery shopping to do today, a couple of farm stores and then home.

Tonight we`re having fish and chips from a proper fish and chip shop for a change......no cooking!! We all decided last night we fancied some...not something we get often, and not as good as ones we get up in Scotland, but good enough....

Dull breakfast of toast with marmalade, lunch is undecided yet....still have some charcuterie and cheese, so may just snack around that.

It`s Thursday.........

I can’t believe you are here.....:hyper2:

been waiting for ten years for you to return ..

welcome back home!

For those that do not know scotlass, she was in this thread way back in the beginning

Aye it’s been a wee while.
How are you?
We don’t have a trip to the dark side arrange for this year yet. The boy is at University and his 3rd year is work placement so we need to wait and see what holidays he gets.
We will get there but not knowing when is stressing me oot a wee bit.

loving the new place btw but it could do with a pool boy.

Ooh, pretty nails Sue has.

Ooh, Flu at MonyK's place. Sending lots of well wishes to your DS, hope he gets lots of rest, and drugs, and will be better soon. Yeah, saying rain, or winter mix, with the Nor'easter coming this week-end. At least the temps will be higher than today.

469739 - bet Schumi's place is smelling tasty, bbq pork. While I prefer a beef brisket, I enjoy bbq places.

Ah, weather guy report: coldest day than we've had in some time. Yeah, I'd say 26 out commute was a tad cool. And that wind, keeping the feel like temps around 10 degrees cooler.

But a quick lunch time walk today. Seems since one of us is leaving, new job, lunch in office for all to enjoy. Yay! Particularly since a colder feeling day out. While there will be some sun, clouds will be rolling in with the wind. So, yeah, nice enough that at least the rain or mix will not yet be here.

Ah, tea for me. Routine, I know. But I do like tea. Generally, not an English lass, as milk in my tea is a big no. I do like a nice English Breakfast tea, and Earl Gray too, and some fruit flavored ones. The ones I drink the most, is the common black leaf tea.

And, you know this day, yep, while Schumi and MonyK have wine on their mind, good thing it is Thirsty Thursday.

469746 - Yep, Mardi Gras will be here soon. So, all party up, it's time for a drink or two, and have a totally good Thursday.

Lynne.....he’s, pulled pork smells delicious!! English breakfast tea has GOT to have milk in it........others, definitely not. I did have to explain to an American once about milk in tea, but they only knew that sweet tea that’s for us, is not really tea.....lol........

I have a friend that’s often in your neck of the woods for a few days with work......she’s there right now and says she’s never been colder!!! She does love the hotel though!

Hope your day is a good one.

Definitely looks like rain here......it’s not freezing, just cold.

Everywhere was quite quiet today when we were out, managed to get out and home fairly quickly. Lunch is leftover charcuterie, cheese and we bought some olive bread in the farm store And a sweet chilli balsamic vinegar......lush!!!

I’m starving now.......and it’s only midday......little bit to go yet.....

Nice your friend enjoys her stay here, Schumi. Many good hotels in my area. There are direct flights to London, so not a too long flight over the pond. Yeah, still cannot get me to put milk in my tea, breakfast kind or not. I do not like the Southern sweet tea. Way too sweet for me. I do not put anything in my tea, sometimes some a little sugar, but mostly just plain. Tend to drink my coffee that way too. Though if the coffee is way too bitter, I may add milk, or generally, cream to it. Sun is now shining, so thanks, hoping to have a good day.

Hey Robo, are you still enjoying that FLA heat? Or at least warmer weather than me? Hope you and your family are doing well. Will be nice if we can meet up this Fall.

Mac, hope you are doing well, and having your coffee and enjoying the cats' company.

Patty, hope you and your family are doing well. Nice you had the chance to enjoy some fun, with your son moving to a new place. Wedding bells this year? Can't remember. Must be I'm getting old. :)

Wishing all the homies are doing well. Sending good thoughts to you all.

Ooh Keisha, hope the DS is getting better. Flu news everywhere here. Yeah, we've been to St. Thomas, and last time, took a boat to Pearl Island, and had a great time. Kids want to do that again, but I don't remember if it was a ship reservation, or one I made myself. And mongoose and nice clothing. Really looking forward to St. Kitts. And ooh, going to be on the Harmony before me. Like to hear your thoughts on it when you return. I was kinda scared, after I booked it, as never been on such a large ship. We saw it parked in Roatan. Have to find the picture, but it loomed over the town, it was so big. Our Carnival one was a Western. We enjoyed the ports. Tendering, not so much, but kids want to go back to Belize. We did a ship tour that took us right off the trip, to Rendezvous Cay. Beautiful, itty bitty small sand island with the reef so close. Water was clear, and warm. Ports were Cozumel, no tender, Belize, oh my goodness, they said we anchored a mile out. Yeah, I'd say more than a mile. 35 minute tender, with those tender boats having massive outboard engines. Roatan Island, think Carnival got the further port part, and there was nothing around to see, just the little stores that took 15 minutes of walking from the boat, then a steep hill, with no sidewalks. There's only one road that goes from one end of the Island to the other. At least RC docks in the town, Coxen Hole, that has so much more to walk to. Grand Cayman, we tendered a lot closer, and those tenders were huge, 15 minute tops, tender time. We were unlucky, a cold front had rolled in days before we sailed, and rough seas, and rain. Had to cancel our GC tour, as the seas were too rough to go out to Sting Ray City, and other. Did visit the Turtle Centre, that we payed for all included, that was fun, on a day, that was mostly looking like rain was coming. Only thing is, doing it on our own, the public buses, catching one on the way back, made me nervous.

Good Morning Sans family

3D20DC90-B2E9-4315-8FD0-11D3F9E98759.jpeg

40A19BF0-19BC-4789-A92E-3024741A4F95.jpeg

A36C63EE-A13B-4008-B012-4D39868B8309.jpeg

08DBCB9D-27C5-4943-91D8-B64A219910A6.jpeg

the long-standing sinus infection picked up steam again. I’m convinced the air pressure of the plane has something to do with it. Back on same regimine of antibiotics & steroids which have been not sitting right on guts this time ‘round for some reason, bleh

Hope the new ENT can get you feeling better. Sinus infection are terrible.

:wave:I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. The weather was rainy yesterday but the temps were in the 40's. Today sunshine with the same temps. Brian is working hard on the house trying to get certain projects done before the realtor comes over.

Bobbie68....hope you are feeling better and the house preparations are going well.

Nice article on oldest DSs participation in the USA/Canada bowl in Dallas last week. Video clip of the entertaining sort of offensive plays he comes up with

Congratulations to your son Keisha....he sounds like a awesome coach.

I’ve been hankering for personal size with anchovies. My family refuses to be in house same time I order, citing the smell. Wimps lol

My hubby likes anchovies on his pizza....not me.

Older DD told me she applied for the DCP again and is already on to her phone interview; she coaxed a coworker through his app as well (his first time applying) and he is also onto his phone interview. DCP is her backup plan if grad school right away in fall doesn't work out, but she is super excited about her upcoming visit to Purdue.

Hope your daughter gets a position in DCP and she enjoys her visit to Purdue.

Youngest and I are home today, guess we’re getting our share of the stuff going around.

Get well wishes being sent your way for you and your son.

Go enjoy another trip to UO. You will be able to enjoy Mardi Gras. It starts Saturday.

Son diagnosed with Flu yesterday. Sick since Friday so is now starting to feel better and fever free.

Hope your son feels better soon..did they start him on tamiflu?......sending lots mummy dust that you both feel better soon.

Rainy start to the morning here. Supposed to be sun and clouds with 73 as temp. Will see what materializes.

Went to a friends birthday party down on our block yesterday evening. I did not take my cell phone so missed a pic of a huge Sandhill Crane that came up and sat on his patio recliner and went to sleep.....the Crane also left a large present when it left...LOL.

Went out shopping Tuesday found a cute outfit for great-nephew. Wanted something that would be Florida specific and found something.

29D9CC34-91D1-4113-B409-5E16A5044FA9.jpeg

Nephew from Atlanta is coming to down for a few days to visit today. I have one of the guests rooms all ready for him. I try to fatten him up a little. He does like home cookin. I always make plenty to freeze up so he has lots of meals to take back home.

Schumi barbecue pork sounds yummy. Yeah...to getting more trip planning accomplished. Feel better soon.

I need to get movin.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter