Something About Nothing ... #12

Guess I am so lucky, used to have to go out to that largest mall, but low and behold, a few years ago now, local mall, 10 minutes away, has an Apple store. Oh so convenient. Why I bought the kids' apple care. Any issues, they can get an answer pretty quickly. That place, though, is always crowded. Seems it came when Pandora, and MK also put a store in the mall.

Lunchtime walk was very warm. Felt good for a few minutes to be back in cool. So bright out too. Loving rocking my shades. Rain to come on Wednesday and Thursday, but the temps still stay in the high 80's, low 90's. But the heat pump is ready, and by Thursday, high will be 96, and full sun. Me, not as much tan, as slightly red, both my kids, dark tans already.

Oh, and have to say, kinda scratching my head, the AP night in August, that we are going to, was sold out within 2 days. Good thing I got little one and my ticket, 2 and 3 minutes after it opened online on Friday night. These were free, and last year, you had to get the wristband in the park. Last year, there was many locals complain that the 9am start of handing out wristbands was unfair, as they had to work. It's on a Sunday night. And we are hoping the low crowds we experienced last year are as low this year.

Back to routine programming.
417976 and yes, my sweater is on, and not on the chair.

Hi everyone I am back from a long break again. It has been a tough week and just couldn't get to the computer. I did get my washer and fridge delivered on Friday. They were supposed to be here between 7 and 9 am well I got a call at 6:30 am saying they were outside my house. I freaked out because we were not ready for the delivery. Thank goodness Brian was here to help. We did get them both in the house but Brian had to set up the washer. They won't set it up if you put it on an existing pedestal. I love the front load washers but need the pedestal. I do love the machine it is larger and has much better settings. The fridge is a nice basic model. We wanted to go as cheap as possible since we won't be here long.

It has been hot and dry here, won't complain. Brian has been ripping the camper apart to bare walls. He has a nice design to remodel it. The kitties should be happy on the trip.

Went to the water park yesterday with liv and Charlie, but we just laid on the chairs all day. We went in the pools but no rides. Everyone was tired and didn't want to exert themselves. It was a nice day anyway.

Running low on grocery funds for the rest of the week so it will be pasta and vegetable dishes. We all like them and can save money in a pinch. I think the pasta menu will be Tuna and pasta, peas and pasta, and then squash and pasta. I will never get used to bi-weekly paychecks. It is so much harder to budget.

Charade I was sad to hear about the two clients of yours. Having cancer of any kind is devastating but to add any other complications is worse. I hope she can find a treatment plan that works for her. I don't understand people and lack of compassion and empathy. There are so many people who rely on one type of pet or another to get through their day. Having this pet really can make the quality of life so much better. Shame on the person who just because the law states a change doesn't mean you have to enforce it. I will keep both of them in my thoughts. I hear you on feeling old I was just thinking of when I graduated in 1986 when talking to some other parents. I have 10 cats that we need to get down to Florida. The camper will really help be able to do it safely and in one trip.

Mac Sorry you woke up early. I know exactly how that can make for a long day. Thanks for sharing you and your dad fishing. I love to hear about the things my friends did with their parents when they were younger. My father was a little more of the dangerous type. When I was 9 he used to take me out on his motorcycle for long Sunday drives. It is a nice memory to have. I hope Taco Bell is good to you tonight. I hope you can figure out the easiest way to get a new device. Have a Happy Taco Tuesday and stay cool.

Schumi it sounds like a nice peaceful day once the woodpecker vacated. Molding and seasoning your own burgers is the best. I hope you found a good bbq sauce for them. The teens like hot sauce on theirs and Brian and I like it plain with cheese. My hairdresser gets so booked that I have to do it weeks in advance. It is easier in the mornings for me but her afternoons for the teens are so hard to get. I hope it comes out the way you want. Tea is always nice during the day but for me it can only be iced tea, darn hot flashes. I hope your dinner was good and you wake up to nice weather. I agree the fundraiser sounds awesome.

Robo I hope your arm feels better from the bite. I don't garden now but that might change in Florida so good advice. It sounds like your husband's party is coming along nicely, how exciting. I know how good it feels to do something special for someone who is special themselves. The cake idea with pics sounds great. Glad you had a nice lunch for the birthday. I know how you feel about schedules and taking your grandchildren. I am having a hard time with it and the teens. We have to cancel our annual trip to Cedar Point, Ohio this year. We go every Columbus day weekend but teens can't get the time off from work. I couldn't go just Brian and I, it wouldn't be the same. I hope your HHN plans come together.

Pumpkin I have only done 1 or 2 things in my insta pot since I bought it. I like the idea of the chicken, rice, and broccoli I am going to try it. We love this pot. I do like to have leftovers. That is sad that she never got to use it. It was nice that you got to make some memories in it. Fishing isn't really my thing I feel bad for the worms and the fish LOL!! I know it is a great hobby for many. I am sure another family will make great memories there, it is a beautiful place.

Sue sorry you got woken up that early. I know the last few years it is even harder to get back to sleep after being woken up. This is one reason the kitties are not let in the bedroom. Aqua fit sounds good. I have to look into some sort of light exercise program. I am not liking how the weight is coming on after 50. I hope you have a better nights sleep tonight.

Lynne It sounds like a nice day at your Dsis house this weekend. I have lost all my family and friends who had pools. I am not sure how we will try and stay cool. I love central a/c wish we had it. When we were on vacation I had it on 65 most of the time we were there. I just have such a hard time staying cool. I am afraid to see my bill this month. Cool showers are great in the summer I have been doing them but keep it cool the whole time. I hope it helps them tonight again. I hope the hair appointment is good and it looks as blonde as you want it. It is time for me to go light brown again!

Pooh wow a power outage issue would stink. I am glad to hear the teachers were able to go back to "old school" sometimes I miss them.
I thought I wouldn't have to worry about school starting then I forgot Charlie lives with me and he is a senior. I have to still keep up with the school calendar. Liv starts college on August 12th so I will have to learn her's too. That stinks that you couldn't join him, it is so nice to have those visits. I hope you get one real soon. Dinner decisions seem to be more indecisive. Good luck deciding.

Oops didn't realize the time. I have to run to the grocery store.

I want to say hi to Patty, Tink and all the SANS family who is on the thread. I hope everyone has a great day and night!

Party plans sound good Robo........and ouchy on the spider bite.......not fun!!

Lynne, sounds nice and hot where you are......don’t forget the hat!! Think we’ve to get rain Thursday.......day gardener is due!

mac......I have 3 iPads, oldest is around 6 years old maybe......Tom uses that one in Florida but it’s slower now.......I have 2.......my charger is in constant use!!! But I do use my laptop a lot too, especially for trip reports as it’s easier to use smugmug for pictures from it.........but, yes, you need to treat yourself......

bobbie.....sounds like you need a break. Hope you’re happy with the washer and fridge........front loaders are common over here.....I like my washer......large drum and plenty of cycles to choose from.

Yes, woodpecker was annoying as it was silent otherwise.......I always make my own bbq sauce.....better than most you can buy even if I say so myself.......::yes:: Hope next week or so is a little quieter for you.......

Getting ready to go outside and watch the partial eclipse of the moon......due to start in around 40 minutes. Thankfully it’s still warm outside. Very warm.

Skies are clear so should be perfect viewing, although the moon may be a bit low.....should be able to see it clearly though.

Partial eclipse is beautiful......half blood moon which had glorious colours of pinky orange...but of cloud came over slightly, but was still amazing to see.

It is so hot outside.......doubt we’ll sleep much tonight.......

Heading to bed soon, just after 11pm here.......enjoy the rest of your evening over there.....

Well, looks like I missed that party again here......

Maybe Charade will wake up and come check for homies here....

It's a long shot but maybe Buckeev will make an appearance...

Schumi if you weren't in a different time zone as many of us here are, I'm sure you would pop in.

I can remember past years when the Dis would go down for maintenance
I would have until about 2 or 3:00 am before the boards would go down until maybe 6:00 am before it came back up.

Anyone remember those days?

Sue I do have an iPad when they came out
Have not used it in 5 years

It is an antique now, lol

I could not get it add my gmail account
Probably my iPad was outdated

I am no expert on computers

My way of dealing with that it is to buy a new one

Hopefully you were able to get back to sleep before the sun came up

Went to bed late and woke up early
Looks like a long day for me

Good thing I do not have a job to go to
Or anything I need to get done today

Taco Bell night for me!
I gave daughter my old iPad. Got a new one just before I retired to get school Discount on it. Also got new MacBook. My old one was a relic. The best thing about Apple devices is all your stuff is still on it when you buy a new one.
Have to say most of the things I do, now that I’m retired can be done with my iPad. I use a stylus for typing.

That’s one of the nice things about being retired. There’s not that panic if you can’t go to sleep. No watching the clock thinking- in 3 hrs I have to get up for work.

Totally agree.
It's 12:38 Wednesday morning and I am still up.....

Found out by googling that Best Buy and Guitar Center sell Apple computors.
If they were open right now I would call them and see what they have.......

Now searching who sells the other Apple products such as iPad, etc.

I’d be posting in a heartbeat if I’d been awake mac.......you know me!!!

Yes, being retired albeit very early in my case (so I’m continually reminded by friends) .....is fabulous......I love not working and apart from helping my friend out for a few years I’m happily retired for many years. I did love that job for a couple of years though.....mind you no one else could work for her......lol.......but no desire to go back into the workplace although again, did help a friend out at the University a couple of times. So, yes, I agree.

I do remember the downtime on the Dis.....for me it was from 9am till 10.30/11am.......if I was home it was frustrating not to be able to trip report for that time. Don’t miss that......

We’ve bought 4 or 5 Dell laptops from Best Buy.....can’t fault them....my iPads we always bought from the Apple Store in Mall at Millenia.....but, yes you don’t want to wait till your trip to get one. That’s too far away and we like to see you post more......::yes:: I have never been able to post from my phone......too awkward for me, so you do well!!!

Slept a little later this morning........Kyle is still off work not very well.....started Saturday with flu like symptoms. He’s a little better today but not by much.....it takes it out of you. Keeping him hydrated and he’s sleeping most of the time. Hate seeing him not well. Working in air conditioned offices with a lot of people around he’s bound to get something eventually. I knew he was still bad last night when he didn’t come out to see the eclipse..

Just had parcel delivered :dogdance:........I sent clothes back last week and ordered some more, so hope this lot fits better.

Supposed to be having lunch with friends today at seafood restaurant along the beach front......they’ve postponed it till tomorrow.......no problem for us........

Beautiful day again.......warm and sunny. Haven’t decided if we’ll go out or just hang around the garden today.......rain forecast next few days.....

Have a great Wednesday.........

418090 - to you and you and you. Why yes it is a Hump Day, so the camel does need to make an appearance on this Wednesday. See , for those oh so happy to not work today, it's a middle day of the weekday work week,, for as we get over that hump of a day, we get ready for a wahoo Friday.

But ah yes, 418091 For sure.

At 10pm last night, I was getting ready for bed, I was tired. Mom, what's that noise? I don't know, I guess the neighbors are using their trash cans. No, it sounds like thunder. Eh, maybe. Look at phone, phone says 100 percent chance of rain, and the radar shows a huge blob just North of us. Mom, mom, that's thunder. I guess so, and it's damn noisy. 10:30pm, mom, doesn't that sound like rain hitting the house, and where's my stuff for camp, I need it. I don't know. Maybe check the clothes I made you take out of my car. It's not there, can't you help? It's now 11pm, mom I found it, and now I need to take a shower. Older one, turn that off. Sigh, by the time I fell asleep at 11:30pm, I was really tired. Then, around midnght, I still could not get sleep, as DH must have fell asleep on the couch, and he woke up and turned on the light as he came into our bedroom, and noisily made his way to bed. It's a good thing I can still run on 5 or so hours of sleep. That's all I am saying.

Oh, and pleasantly blonde once again. Sigh, hair dresser said puffy hair will continue until later in the Fall. Hello humid air. Why I still need my hair long enough to make a respectable ponytail.

And barely wet commute, with no traffic, and same warm air. From my office window, a sunny dawn has been progressing. But the chances of rain, just around dinner time, late afternoon, are predicted today. Phone says best chances, up to 90 percent around 9pm tonight, start around 7pm and go until 4am. In other words, we too may have our gardens watered naturally, like Schumi may get too.

Mac, one of these days, I will be more of a night owl. For now, only by default. Or watching something interesting on the week-end. Amazon sells Apple stuff, and almost all the big box stores do, including Walmart and Target. Wherever you get a new one, hope it works so you can post with ease, and a bigger screen than your phone.

Ah, so almost cool, tea is ready, and I am thirsty.

Bobbie, you sound very busy. And wow, back to school will be here before ya know it. And 10 cats. Good thing the trailer will be ready for them. So nice of Brian to make it a stylish kitty carrier. Little one's university does not start until the 26th of August. It will feel odd to not follow the local high school calendar anymore.

Later homes. Wonderful, (and for some of us, wet) Wednesday to you all, and may all be in good health and happy. Sending good wishes to every homie.

And Schumi may get her beach area seafood lunch tomorrow. Glad to hear you are enjoying another beautiful day.

Morning Sans family :wave:

5F12E634-21A4-4323-9FC3-D7EF640B786D.jpeg

7BEFAF83-0291-4A82-980F-52C5747F4481.jpeg

Nothing like minions to make one smile for sure.

Mall at Millenia has a nice Apple store and of course when I visit the Mall there I have to make a stop at Cheesecake Factory. We don’t have a Apple Store near here and we don’t have Cheesecake Factory around here either. I’am planning on some purchases from Apple Store while in Orlando. Have to have a reason to go shopping :rolleyes1🛍

Schumi hope Kyle gets to feeling better soon. It’s hard to watch your children being sick even when they are older. Get well wishes being sent his way.

Bobbie68 so nice to see you post. Sometimes those lean times for groceries are when the most awesome meals are created.

Oh, and have to say, kinda scratching my head, the AP night in August, that we are going to, was sold out within 2 days. Good thing I got little one and my ticket, 2 and 3 minutes after it opened online on Friday night

My sister who lives in Orlando was able to get their tickets for AP night in August. She said there was a lot of complaining on the Universal Facebook page about folks saying they were unable to get tickets.

Will be nice to see what other perks they are offering for AP holders. The website said it would be 50 days of AP Celebration perks.

Oh, and pleasantly blonde once again. Sigh, hair dresser said puffy hair will continue until later in the Fall. Hello humid air. Why I still need my hair long enough to make a respectable ponytail.

It rained here good 3 times yesterday. My hair needs to be long enough for ponytail too. It gets frizzy with the terrible humidity we have here.

I see the hairdresser today. Had to cancel hair my appointment for yesterday because of doc appt. Was put on steroids in addition to antibiotic I was put on Saturday. Hoping this will stem the issues from the bite.

So will get my hair done today and pedicure on Friday. This will be my foo foo week.

Got a text from my credit card company fraud alert. Someone used my credit card for parking in New York, to eat at Shake Shack in New York and at a restaurant in Brooklyn. Someone made a hard copy of the card as the credit company said it was a actual card that was swiped. I was surprised as this card has a chip in it and I was told it could not be copied. We shut the card down and will get a new one. Glad it was caught early and credit card company covers everything.

Unbelievable. Oh well I hope there is a place in HELL especially designated for credit card thief’s and what ever they ate at the restaurants gives them a good case of the squirts...LOL

Need to get scooting.

Have a great hump day everyone.

Last edited:
Robo, that credit card issue sounded scary. Good thing your credit card company caught it quick. And hope you get relief from that bite soon. Eek, steroids. Hope they do the job and you're off them quick. Hope your week of pampering (hair and nails) makes the rest of this week better for you. Hugs. And yay, for your sister's family getting their AP night tickets. If they want to say hello, to little one and I, let me know. Yep, and also curious what AP fluff they will, hopefully, be announcing soon.

Lynne....welcome back blondie!!!! We`ve to get rain tonight too......been such a lovely day too!

robo, bad luck on the card clone......yep, we had ours cloned few years back. It was used after we got home and it was used in LBV. Only place we used that particular CC that year was actually in POFQ.......but we had informed the CC company after a certain date there wouldn't be any transactions....but they had already stopped it anyway. We informed Disney/hotel and they couldn't have given a rats patootie......

All our cards have been chipped for years...they can get round anything, nothing is completely secure. Hope you had a relaxing time at the salon.....

Well, ended up going for lunch to the restaurant anyway....just the two of us.....it was lovely and fairly quiet. Still going back tomorrow with friends....

Did call and buy our Rush of Fear with EP tickets for HHN.......and the agent mentioned Ghostbusters before I saw it on the HHN site later....so looking forward to that house...….it`ll be a popular one I`ll bet!!!

We can go 17 nights with the ROF ticket this year, doubt we will though, but love that we can go and do a couple of hours if we feel like it and leave......

Wonder if opening night this year will be as mobbed as last year. Busiest opening night I`ve ever seen.

Slight rain on now, and very dark for this time of the evening...….

Appears my GD has moved in for the summer :). Decided to teach her how to crochet to ahem occupy her :). Took about 1-1/2 hours but she’s now humming along on a lap blanket for herself.

Didn’t think it was possible but indeed our various roofs were done within a day. most Thorough clean up i’ve Ever seen. One of my garages, Ta-daaaaaa...

D6D8B0DD-F4ED-4FE0-ABB4-807DF12607CF.jpeg[

DH developed an issue with his foot on Friday, wound up in ER Sunday. a few shots in his butt & an Rx and all seems right with his world. dr tossed out an ennny, meeny, Minie moe list of possibilities that caused it to double in size. Will follow that up with visit to. Family PCP

I’m on tap for my own go-round tomorrow afternoon at derm office, at least the surgery is done in his own ‘suite’ in the building. Such a nice set up, wish more providers would for simple procedures

. (QUOTE="Charade67, post: 60829927, member: 587577"]
Last night we talked about the possibility of one last little getaway before B starts school in August. Then I dreamed about DIsney last night. Disney isn’t really an option. Maybe something closer.
[/QUOTE]
Between hotwire/vrbo offerings, etc. you can shave off lots of costs for last minute trip if willing to compromise on amenities.
Keishashadow welcome back! So fun to be picked Mayor in The Plaza. I love their food, the Rueben is my fav. I’m choked SciFi took it off the menu. Great pics
I went with the loaded fries with (nom, plastic cheese...ala the old Pinocchio version & flinched a section of the mr’s club sammie. Was stuffed to the gills
The deer and squirrels have eaten all the peaches off my peach tree. The Apple 🍎 tree will be next. I have lots of little green apples on the tree.
They are cherry picking lol
I like Chris Hemsworth, but the rest of the cast........meh.
[/QUOTE
Aaaaah]

I was just reading the other day there is a 50th anniversary celebration for Woodstock this August......one of my American friends mothers want to go to it.......my friend is mortified.......lol.......bet she’d have a ball! I don’t know much about it to be honest, heard of it of course........

A little concert turned out to be revolutionary. Still, in today’s age people would be suing and screaming ala the Fyre fest debacle.

We ended up going to see Toy Story 4 today. Really cute movie. I liked it much better than Toy Story 3. Stay for a really cute bit at the very end
It’s on the to-do list but think secret life of pets first for me as toy story will likely run till the fall
Looks so inviting! I’d love to have a pool in my backyard. I’d get one of those floating lounge chairs with the drink holders! ::yes::
My kids are obsessed with buying us the goofiest & largest floats out there. Most still in their boxes. Easy to blow up with compressor but it’s the storage issue as they tend to go airborne in any sort of wind
I started getting the “you have won at Walmart “ and it took me to their unsecured site

I have not been able to read or post on the dis most of the day until close to 8 tonight

Yes, have ad blockers and use the iPhone

I lost count last week of how many times when trying on iphone that I was able to make a solo post then it went to heck in a handbasket after typing up a long post grrrrr
Have a ham cooking away for dinner t
Have been so hungry for ham, none available in the local stores last week. Had thought there might be a production issue?
Pop ups back
Lucky on this posts
Is the management actively doing anything to correct this issue?
When they were still offering club level at AKL the Sunrise Safari we went and I’ll never forget the sound of the lion roars as we entered the savanna.
We were able to book as DVC members, was so aggrieved when the pulled the tour. So nice & well worth the $
Used my instant pot again tonight. Make some sticky chicken thighs, rice and broccoli. Everyone have it the :thumbsup2. So I know I can make that again. Everyone gobbled it up. No left overs for lunch tomorrow.
I’m not a pressure cooker fan after watching my mom embed the balance thing in the kitchen ceiling as a kid eeek. Curious but just can’t pull the trigger to purchase
Morning Sans family :wave:

HP marathon is a good way to cure stress and a tad of white lightening never hurts either. Glad you all enjoyed the marathon and laughing is good medicine for the soul ::yes::

Wow Lynne you are awesome.....I have never changed a tire.....you are teaching your daughter some skills that will come in handy .

Awesome idea for your fun raiser. A glam Berries has Bubbles Evening should be a hit.

Nice pics of the zoo animals Lynne.

Glad to hear you have your flight arrangements settled monyk.

Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry to hear you didn’t have any keepers.
My husband was really big into fishing for years. We sold our boat a number of years ago. I think catching the fish is as fun as the eating it sometimes. We fished with minnows on Kentucky Lake. They were very easy to bait on the hooks.

Charade it is so sad to hear about that poor lady and her dog. It’s proven that animals do help people a lot. There is a program here in US that helps to match dogs to soliders with PTSD.

So sorry to hear about your mother in law passing pumpkin. Sounds like you all have enjoyed the lake lot. You have a very positive outlook on someone else buying it and making memories there :hug:

Mac there is a wonderful Apple Store at Mall at Millenia in Orlando. Not to far from Universal. The sales folks there are so kind and helpful.

I use my iPad the most.

Enjoy your Bell run tonight Mac

Sounds you all are getting ready to get a scorching for next few days. Enjoy the pool and AC...... I spoke to my dad yesterday evening and he said they are going to be in upper 90’s for a week. He lives in a suburb of Chicago.

Well a word of warning to all the gardeners here. I’am suspecting with all the rain, then onset of hot weather the spiders and other insects are quite prolific this year. Be careful and put on plenty of bug spray and wear your gloves etc. I did all those things and still I was bit on my forearm by what I think was a brown recluse spider.

I saw the bite marks Friday morning. Saw afterhours doc on Saturday and was put on antibiotics. Benadryl and cortisone cream have been soothing. Will see doc again today.

In all my years of gardening never had an issue.....crap does happen. Be careful.

On a much lighter note. Surprise birthday party plans for hubby are coming along nicely. I’am so looking forward to seeing his face at the party. He will be so surprised. I’am looking forward to seeing him enjoy all the family and friends. He is such a sweet guy.....I know I’am partial, but he has done so many wonderful things for all of us over the years I wanted to do something special for him.

Will put in order for cakes this week. I’am going to put his high school pictures on the cakes. I also need to buy a back drop stand for a 1950’s photo op canvas I bought. I will take lots of pics to share at the party.

We had a nice brunch for granddaughters birthday on Sunday. It was at a restaurant called Maidens. Food was very good and she enjoyed her birthday gifts. At the brunch HHN was pulled into the conversation. My family knows how much I love HHN.... Grandson is a big fan of Stranger Things. Wish there was a way to get him down there to attend HHN, but he starts school first full week in August and has football every weekend after.

I need to get on Universal Website and decide what tickets I want to buy etc. I know I’am getting ROF plus EP, but need to decide other things I want to do.

Well I need to get my keister moving. I have some errands to run before doc appt this afternoon.

Have a great Tuesday everyone :wave2:

Not waiting to my vacation to buy one
Best Buy tends to have some amazing sales on them now & again. Especially when a new one is supposedly around the corner.

You are incredibly patient Keisha...….crocheting is hard! Well, I`d argue that as I can`t knit or crochet.....she`ll enjoy that though....nice to see kids learning skills like that.....

And yes, no pressure cookers for me either.....I hate them.....and yes, all due to my dad cooking something and it ended up on the ceiling.....and back then in that house we lived in the ceilings were incredibly high......what a bang!!!! We do have one Tom uses it now and again.....I won`t go near the kitchen when he does use it...….

And just because...……

Related image

And good luck tomorrow...….

Roof looks so good!!!! And GD is still cute as a button........

:wave2: Quick stop in! Sounds like everyone is busy busy busy. Life sure is busy!

Robo...I hate when people have their cc hacked like that. We have not had that happen yet, but know many others who have had that happen to them. It is just such a violation and horrible feeling. Nothing is safe anymore. I hope they got the squirts too from the restaurant they ate at lol.

Schumi...I really hate it when my kidos are sick. I don't even like it when our poor dog gets under the weather. Those momma bear senses kick into overdrive and we can't seem to settle until they are feeling better. I hope that your lunch was good...and hopefully you get your lunch with friends. What I would give to have some good seafood again. Being land locked...it makes it a little hard to find good seafood.

Lynne...don't you just LOVE it when the kids do that!!!!! It's either them or the dog...needing out one more time for the night. I think he (the dog ) needs to go outside to check the perimeter outside, then get a drink, make a lap around the house, then wait for me patiently to lift him up onto the ds's bed lol. He must be making sure it is safe for the family to be sleeping lol He just cracks me up. And If I don't let him out when I start to head to bed, I can be guaranteed that I will hear him jump off the bed then come whine to do his round of checking lol. Also...WTG with changing the tire. I have always called for backup when that has happened. That is one of those life skills I don't have.

Keisha...The roof looks awesome!!!! It is costly, and needs to be done at times, but it is better than the alternative. We put nw shingles on our roof too this spring. Ours was needing to be done, and i hated putting out the money. But it looks sooo much better now. And is now good for another 20 years ( hopefully i'm not in the house for another 20 year :scared1: )

Bobbi...Good luck on finding that new techy gadget. There are so many choices now. We do have an older generation IPad that we like, regular laptop. and then we all have some tpe of smart phone. i do like the Ipad. It stays in my project/sewing room. I use it to stream shows while I'm working on anything.

I see clouds rolling in now. I was hoping they would stay away. Rain is forecasted here again. I was enjoying the last few days of warmer weather. I actually walked to my eyebrow wax appointment last night as it was such a nice evening. Needed to get them waxed / mostly tinted as the sun tends to bleach them almost white. They should be good again. Now to just hide those natural sparkles that seem to keep reappearing lol. I do have that naturally curly hair that In usually pull back into a clip or ponytail as well. I try to keep some of the curl out of my bangs...and the hubby kept laughing at me in Mexico...I had these wild horrible kinky curled bangs lol. No matter what I did...they were always wonky lol Imagine Monica from friends in the Bahamas episode lol. That is me!!!! My hair too gets a little big with the humidity. Good thing we don't have alot of that here. But it is still a challenge to wrangle up the curls some days!!!! lol

Well I should get back to work...or at least pretend to look busy :rolleyes1

You are incredibly patient Keisha...….crocheting is hard! Well, I`d argue that as I can`t knit or crochet.....she`ll enjoy that though....nice to see kids learning skills like that.....

And yes, no pressure cookers for me either.....I hate them.....and yes, all due to my dad cooking something and it ended up on the ceiling.....and back then in that house we lived in the ceilings were incredibly high......what a bang!!!! We do have one Tom uses it now and again.....I won`t go near the kitchen when he does use it...….

And just because...……

Related image

And good luck tomorrow...….

Roof looks so good!!!! And GD is still cute as a button........

He looks great cleaned up, will say, IMO he was best part of the Ghostbuster remake

That pressure cooker misfire is something that reallly does tend to stick with you. I’m more of an oven girl but do use crockpots now & again, especially on the holidays & when it’s so hot. Have a huge electric roaster that I drag out now again when making large amounts of soup, etc.

Keisha...The roof looks awesome!!!! It is costly, and needs to be done at times, but it is better than the alternative. We put nw shingles on our roof too this spring. Ours was needing to be done, and i hated putting out the money. But it looks sooo much better now. And is now good for another 20 years ( hopefully i'm not in the house for another 20 year :scared1: )

We got a 30 year on the shingles and 20 on the workmanship, had me scratching my head as to the difference but what do I know of shingles?

I figure it won’t be my problem in two, let alone int three decades lol

Good evening everyone. Long day today. I woke up at 6:00, but that is too early for me. Usually I don’t go back to sleep, but today I did. Woke up again at 8:00. Oops, I have to be at work at 9:00.

One of our therapists completed the paperwork for the client with the emotional support dog. I emailed it to the property management today. Hopefully they will stop giving that girl such grief. I know that some people will fake the need for an ESA, but I believe this girl really needs it.

I went to the eye doc today and yes, I need new glasses. I picked out some new frames. It ended up not being quite as expensive as I had feared. I also bought more contact lenses for B. The company is offering a $200 rebate if you buy a year’s supply. I think this is the least amount of money I’ve ever spent on contacts. The doctor’s office is also offering a free pair of non prescription sunglasses with the purchase of the contacts. I’ll take B there tomorrow and let her pick them out.

I was bit on my forearm by what I think was a brown recluse spider.
Yikes! Hope it isn’t too bad. This is how I feel about being outdoors.

Charade, your office sounds busy, and hope if you do need new glasses, not that expensive. Hope you are enjoying some AC too, with this hot summer temps.
Yep, staying indoors with the AC as much as possible.

Guess I am so lucky, used to have to go out to that largest mall, but low and behold, a few years ago now, local mall, 10 minutes away, has an Apple store. Oh so convenient.
You are fortunate. I like where I live, but one of the drawbacks is that we really aren’t close to much.

Shame on the person who just because the law states a change doesn't mean you have to enforce it. I will keep both of them in my thoughts. I hear you on feeling old I was just thinking of when I graduated in 1986 when talking to some other parents. I have 10 cats that we need to get down to Florida. The camper will really help be able to do it safely and in one trip.
I haven’t actually looked it up, but I have my doubts about the laws changing. I think the property manager is just being difficult.
Wow, 10 cats. I’m okay with one, but don’t think my allergies could handle 10.
Maybe Charade will wake up and come check for homies here....

Actually had a fairly decent night’s sleep despite having taken a nap in the afternoon.

Kyle is still off work not very well.....started Saturday with flu like symptoms. He’s a little better today but not by much.....it takes it out of you.

Hope Kyle is feeling better soon.

Got a text from my credit card company fraud alert. Someone used my credit card for parking in New York, to eat at Shake Shack in New York and at a restaurant in Brooklyn. Someone made a hard copy of the card as the credit company said it was a actual card that was swiped. I was surprised as this card has a chip in it and I was told it could not be copied. We shut the card down and will get a new one. Glad it was caught early and credit card company covers everything.
How awful. I had that happen with my debit card once. Someone used it to open an AOL account and then subscribe to several online porn sites. Glad your credit card company caught it quickly.

Appears my GD has moved in for the summer :). Decided to teach her how to crochet to ahem occupy her :). Took about 1-1/2 hours but she’s now humming along on a lap blanket for herself.
My mom tried to teach me how to crochet and knit, but I never had the patience. I really wish now that I had paid more attention.
That roof looks really nice.

And just because...……

Related image

Thank you!

Ooh and the rain is moving NE, so hoping it does not slide more East or else we will be rocking and rolling with loud thunder, Er that was loud. Darn. And ooh the wind and rain. Hope the kids at the ball game South of us, is not getting this loud thunderstorm cell.

Hope Kyle is feeling better soon. Sending well wishes. Hope you are having a restful night, Schumi.

Charade, nice you got new glasses and for B too.

Pumpkin, as a spouse of military, I became much more capable of stuff I never thought I would learn to do. And have traveled solo with the kids since they were babies, since DH was away much of the time we have been married. Yeah, bad hair days start when the humidity starts.

Well that was quick. Hope no other blob on the radar appears. Er, more noisy thunder.

Have a lovely, peaceful night to all the homies.

Sideways, darn. But kids were not lucky. The said game cancelled and they are soaked.

And now we have another cell. The clouds are having so much fun bowling up there.

hey peeps!! Been trying to keep up and keep getting interrupted (or falling asleep last night).
so tires, kids needing stuff or sick (hope he feels better soon), crocheting, roofs, pools, our clients we wish we could wave wand and help (and who surely deserve a break already too!), dreams of trips, computers/ipads/shopping, FOOD and being pampered/blonded, moving houses, college schedules, instant pots (use mine occasionally), contacts (yep spent $300 on middle yesterday on year supply-but supposed to have $75 rebate)...
I insist on AAA for the tire changing stuff! and have a new laptop thanks to DH!! Much lighter, better screen and faster than old one.
Heat back here now too-heat advisory.

Dang baby chickens are now "teens" and are being stupid brats!! OMG! anyone want them? Have had to get yellow one off deck every night and put her in coop, the other two have insisted on sleeping on top of coop-scraped and bruised arms trying to get them down couple days ago (good thing face didn't get scraped or I'm sure some of the nurses in my NH would have wanted to have a talk).
Will have to leave instructions for our friends who are staying at our house this weekend (we've done house swaps before with them-DH BFF and his GF who is friend of ours as well-we set them up) while we are at lake and family reunion. Also the GF bday weekend-have a bottle of champagne and OJ for her to celebrate.

Work tomorrow and then 4 days off again-yay! and Oldest gets in late late tomorrow night for reunion.
And interrupted again I give up LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter