Something About Nothing ... #12

Beautiful start to the day here! Most of us in the ‘burg still have a big ‘ole smile on our collective mushes today:banana:

Beautiful spring day here too patty. I'll think we'll take an old fashioned Sunday Drive today. I made my WDW ADRs this morning but refused to get up before dawn. Of course there were a few I'll have to watch for over the next months. I am so glad my Universal reservations can be made while I'm there.

Some of my best memories as a child! Best part was whatever sweet treet surely followed. Long as we didn’t get stuck going to the distant relatives houses.

I like the part where Keisha drinks out of a paper bag.....
or something like that..

Close enough, but it’s always a designer bag:snooty::p

I made my motherland adr's last week.

Isn't it nice to make plans the day of when you are in the parks....

Congrats, one less thing to worry about for you! You know, i tend to switch it up @ WDW, up to & including early AM the day of...often switch parks when i rise.

Admittedly, (cheaper and typically better quality lol) to do when you have a set of wheels & can eat offsite

With them instituting the $10 ADR penalty, you’d be shocked at how the highly sought after ADRs start popping up a week or so out, then like gang-busters 2 or 3 days prior.

I would loved to have seen the Psycho house.........doubt we’ll ever go to the parks there......if we ever head out that way it’ll be for the wine regions..........of course!!

Glad you have good weather.........

My avatar is from CA, took whilest on the tram tour! HHN there is crazy good. It’s been a few years, hope to get back sooner vs later but makes for convulted trip as I’d never miss Orlando’s fun.

View attachment 318426

Sloths just enjoying the day.

View attachment 318427

Fly Flyers Fly. Fun photo at the zoo.

Well, your grounded now lol. Always next year, good series. We are eager to see who’s on deck next! Figure the Capitals

Had dinner early-between soccer games. I didn't end up going as everytime I go they lose! They played a competitive traveling team at first game today and fought them to a tie! DS was so excited when he got home-by all predictors they were going to get creamed and instead held their own.
But meatloaf and veg ready for leftovers later.

For those "dieting"-roast any and all vegetables and they become yummy! I have a stirfry oil I will use to toss them with-roasted radishes and carrots with this and some fresh thyme...leftovers go on a salad. GOOD food is YUMMY food. Along with the pan of brownies as middle needs "chocolate"-doing english homework which is so far beneath her level and she is aggravated (the common core "everyone has to do").

Also trying to get caught up on Fear Walking Dead-guess I watched more of last season than I thought.

At least for Flight of Passage and the New Toy story stuff. Think I have 4 days of FP made for 14 day trip. Going to wing most of it-especially as DH's (newly found) daughter is going to ask for vacation and join us for a few days-will be grandson's first time-to say we are excited is understatement!! Also since we are doing Universal at some point in the 2 weeks didn't want to be tied down to FP days the 2nd week.

OOHH-tried a BBQ sauce at Rock n Ribs BBQ competition this weekend made from Carolina Reaper and Ghost pepper (2 hottest peppers on planet). was sooooo good - spicy and good burn but not "melt your face and taste buds completely useless for 3 weeks" hot.

At least I got laundry done today...

I made meatloaf too, new version - Carla Hall’s moms. Had oats in it & lots of veggies. Didn’t pulverize them in processor as instructed, just a fine chop, i like some texture in it. Agree roasting veg gives them that sweet taste, yum. Only veg that gives me trouble is cauliflower. Mine never look as pretty & moist as those i see in magazines & on the cooking shows. I am determined to master a good cauliflower ‘steak’ lol.

Nice and relaxing!!

Same here!! I usually start sooner but with the winter that wouldn't end, I needed comfort food!!

YUM!!

Double YUM! homemade salsa??

Monyk- yes!! that's what we bought! We did roasted brussel sprouts tonight and have peppers, squash, and broccoli in the fridge. Usually I love veggies with lots of butter, but with roasting we only drizzle with olive oil and seasonings and they're very tasty!

Watching old shows on tv- just finished Columbo!

Charade- uneventful is good! and good luck to B on the tests! bacon & eggs-yum! That can be on my diet- lots of protein!!

Columbo is right up there! Mr bought me the boxed set a few years back. Nice to discover he sometimes does listen to me chatter away

I think I better join you and Tink with the diet

I don’t want to be the fat girl in the group this year when we do the tour

And if I am, then guess I’ll be buying a round of drinks for all as I might look thin if everyone is blurrier eyes

Lol

But let’s start the diet in June
I have a lot of fun junk food to eat up first
Tink has her trip September so she has time to drop a few pounds by then. But last time she told us what she ate for her diet it was icky stuff she ate

So I skipped it two years ago for that diet

She did lose weight and I did not

You’re safe...I’m a hair away from roly-poly. Will likely come back from cruise with some extra ‘baggage’. Hut hut need to get my butt in gear. Wasn’t pleasant deciding which bathing suits to pack yesterday. :rolleyes1

Yeah, Keisha. I didn't think the Flyers would win the series. They barely made the playoffs. Sometimes I swear, they don't care about winning. We need a better GM, and more consistent goalie. Good luck in the next series, and I am thinking the caps, too. And wahoo, that cruise is coming up soon. It's the cover up that's important, not the bathing suit. LOL

And thinking of Robo, and hoping feeling better.
images

Hey Tink, hope you are enjoying your days off.

Hey TinyD, how's that dog behaving? Guess at least he keeps you company.

Is is lunchtime yet? Eeek, drank all the tea, and need more.

Will definitely go for a walk at lunchtime. It is B U TI FUL.

Morning drive by. Love the monday minions as mine started off like that: DH used my truck yesterday as he was taking the pop up for the boys to sit under (raining during soccer games). They stopped at McD's and the ONE thing I ask is to NOT leave stinky McD bags in my car-open door this am and that is first thing I saw after the smell hit me - just the grease from the bag has rancid smell even when fresh. Then seats not put back together. Then I discover my full tank of gas from Friday is non existent and have hour drive today. To say I was irritated is being nice>:(. Used DH's debit card for gas though!8-)

Happy anniversary to Mac and Mr Mac!!party:
Scotch Bonnet
grew these a couple years ago-productive plants-still have a freezer bag full of them. Does very well in chili and tacos!

Sending good luck to B, hoping she does very well on her SOL tests.
I second this!

Nicer today, better tomorrow-perfect for ball game-have Springfield Cardinal tickets for tomorrow for "party deck"-the one with the comfy recliners LOL

Next week is May ya'll!!

Glorious day! Sun and 70!!:sunny: Nice to see the sun even though I'll only see it from the window by my desk!

Doing dinner tonight with DS, fiancee and her family to celebrate the engagement!! So.. no diet tonight. That's right, no worries- I'm waiting for Mac to officially start the diet!

:goodvibes to B Charade on her reading/English test!!

Ok, lets set a date.

What do you think of May 35th?

Good morning :coffee:

Happy anniversary to mac and mr mac party:

Good luck to B on her exams...sol sounds appropriate for those tests:lmao:

I think I might be a couch potato today since it's supposed to rain all day...I really need to brush Sasha and give her a bath since she's blowing her winter coat :dog:maybe I could get away with throwing her out in the rain to rinse as that's the hardest part :rolleyes1

I may roast some brussel sprouts for lunch to go with the sesame fish and maybe it won't taste like cardboard...already lost 5 lbs so I guess I'm on the right track.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Morning drive by. Love the monday minions as mine started off like that: DH used my truck yesterday as he was taking the pop up for the boys to sit under (raining during soccer games). They stopped at McD's and the ONE thing I ask is to NOT leave stinky McD bags in my car-open door this am and that is first thing I saw after the smell hit me - just the grease from the bag has rancid smell even when fresh. Then seats not put back together. Then I discover my full tank of gas from Friday is non existent and have hour drive today. To say I was irritated is being nice>:(. Used DH's debit card for gas though!8-)

:thanks:

Revenge is always sweet.....
Use DH's vehicle and leave the tank empty....

I know it is maddening to plan the morning and then hop in your car and you end up cleaning it out AND have to fill the tank up

Hope you took out cash besides filling up your tank on his debit card this morning.

Janet, :hug:

That was so cute of the Flintstones....
Now I have that song in my head......
I always watched that cartoon show.
My kids loved it on the Nick channel

Tink, thank you too!
I haven't checked the map yet but don't know if you got all the rain like we have since it started days ago.
Pouring again right now and I have to go out and do errand soon.

Columbo is right up there! Mr bought me the boxed set a few years back. Nice to discover he sometimes does listen to me chatter away

Last night DH and I were in the middle of wash,cleaning when the show started. Got nothing more done!

Will definitely go for a walk at lunchtime. It is B U TI FUL.

Yay!!

have Springfield Cardinal tickets for tomorrow for "party deck"-the one with the comfy recliners LOL

Wow! Recliners at a sports game? Nice!!

Ok, lets set a date.

What do you think of May 35th?

Sounds like a plan! On my calendar!

already lost 5 lbs so I guess I'm on the right track.

Tink- we're moving the diet date to May 35!!

Beautiful start to the day here! Most of us in the ‘burg still have a big ‘ole smile on our collective mushes today:banana:

Some of my best memories as a child! Best part was whatever sweet treet surely followed. Long as we didn’t get stuck going to the distant relatives houses.

Close enough, but it’s always a designer bag:snooty::p

Congrats, one less thing to worry about for you! You know, i tend to switch it up @ WDW, up to & including early AM the day of...often switch parks when i rise.

Admittedly, (cheaper and typically better quality lol) to do when you have a set of wheels & can eat offsite

With them instituting the $10 ADR penalty, you’d be shocked at how the highly sought after ADRs start popping up a week or so out, then like gang-busters 2 or 3 days prior.

My avatar is from CA, took whilest on the tram tour! HHN there is crazy good. It’s been a few years, hope to get back sooner vs later but makes for convulted trip as I’d never miss Orlando’s fun.

Well, your grounded now lol. Always next year, good series. We are eager to see who’s on deck next! Figure the Capitals

I made meatloaf too, new version - Carla Hall’s moms. Had oats in it & lots of veggies. Didn’t pulverize them in processor as instructed, just a fine chop, i like some texture in it. Agree roasting veg gives them that sweet taste, yum. Only veg that gives me trouble is cauliflower. Mine never look as pretty & moist as those i see in magazines & on the cooking shows. I am determined to master a good cauliflower ‘steak’ lol.

You’re safe...I’m a hair away from roly-poly. Will likely come back from cruise with some extra ‘baggage’. Hut hut need to get my butt in gear. Wasn’t pleasant deciding which bathing suits to pack yesterday. :rolleyes1

Congrats on the win Keisha! Sounds like the best team won.......

Funny you mention cauliflower steak.......saw someone mention that today in the grocery store......trying to encourage everyone it really was like steak........phoooeyyy!!! I’ll pass.........

I love the old Columbo’s........lazy Sunday afternoon and Robert Culp or the Cassidy guy as the bad guy......can’t go wrong.......

Nowt wrong with being a roly poly.......I’m already there.......:D

grew these a couple years ago-productive plants-still have a freezer bag full of them. Does very well in chili and tacos!

I second this!

Nicer today, better tomorrow-perfect for ball game-have Springfield Cardinal tickets for tomorrow for "party deck"-the one with the comfy recliners LOL

Next week is May ya'll!!

Funny thing is chilli and tacos are two dishes I don’t eat........but I add chillies to everything!! Love em.......

Yep, May is just around the corner..........

Good morning :coffee:

Happy anniversary to mac and mr mac party:

Good luck to B on her exams...sol sounds appropriate for those tests:lmao:

I think I might be a couch potato today since it's supposed to rain all day...I really need to brush Sasha and give her a bath since she's blowing her winter coat :dog:maybe I could get away with throwing her out in the rain to rinse as that's the hardest part :rolleyes1

I may roast some brussel sprouts for lunch to go with the sesame fish and maybe it won't taste like cardboard...already lost 5 lbs so I guess I'm on the right track.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Congratulations on the loss Vicki......every bit helps..........and rain all day! That’s miserable.......

Janet, :hug:

That was so cute of the Flintstones....
Now I have that song in my head......
I always watched that cartoon show.
My kids loved it on the Nick channel

Tink, thank you too!
I haven't checked the map yet but don't know if you got all the rain like we have since it started days ago.
Pouring again right now and I have to go out and do errand soon.

Love The Flintstones!! Another childhood favourite.........

Last night DH and I were in the middle of wash,cleaning when the show started. Got nothing more done!

Yay!!

Wow! Recliners at a sports game? Nice!!

Sounds like a plan! On my calendar!

Tink- we're moving the diet date to May 35!!

May 35th is a good date!!! Even better know one mentioned a particular year........:rolleyes1

Well now the sun is shining...so much for the 3 days of rain predicted...now I have to get up off the couch and accomplish something today :crazy2:

May 35th is a good date!!! Even better know one mentioned a particular year........:rolleyes1

We can put the year out to a vote- no hurry right?

It actually stands for Standards of Learning, but I think most everyone agrees that the other meaning is much more appropriate.

It's funny- when I read SOL I was thinking of the meaning I knew for those letters. I figured I was the only one old enough- or naughty enough- to remember! I said it to my kids once and they had no clue!

The other "old person" term I used once to describe one who drinks too much is to say they were a "lush". Again I got a blank stare!!

It's funny- when I read SOL I was thinking of the meaning I knew for those letters. I figured I was the only one old enough- or naughty enough- to remember! I said it to my kids once and they had no clue!

Me too if the L stood for luck in that phrase

The other "old person" term I used once to describe one who drinks too much is to say they were a "lush". Again I got a blank stare!!

“lush” is one of my favourite terms not only for good food, but to describe some of my friends at certain times...........all done in total kindness......I’d never call anyone a name nastily! And of course they may have described me the same way on occasions.........:rolleyes1

Our heating is on. It’s fairly cool here on the East Coast.........

Ready for some sunshine..........:sunny::sunny::sunny:

17 sleeps.........

Afternoon Sans family :wave:

Robo - I can sympathize. I had to have 2 stents with my first kidney stone. Not fun at all. Prayers that all will be well after you have the stents removed.

Thanks Charade67. Hope you are improving after your most recent attack.

I need to Google to see what age 8th Grade is......

He is 14 and the sweetest boy..........can’t tell he has this Nana wrapped around his little finger......I do love my grandchildren.

She is ray of sunshine! Some people inherently positive and supportive, nice to be around them. She will be missed in October. Tell her hi!

I sure will tell her you said hi......She is a sweetheart.

Aw, that’s nice re the GS! I’m sure it lifted your spirits to have him in the house. Impressed you are cooking so soon! I love the look of a well-decorated pineapple upside cake. Nobody here will eat but me, so it’s treat when i get to enjoy a slice.

Couldn’t turn down the request his favorite pienapple upside down cake.

Congrats to your grandson! Exciting times- high school ahead!

Thank you. He is excited about starting high school.

Robo - A trip to Universal is a great way to celebrate the completion of middle school. I don’t think we did anything special for B. Not even a party.

My mom always celebrated graduating 8th grade so we just continued the tradition. I take the youngest 2 grandchildren to Universal every May. We always have a great time. They are looking forward to checking out The new ride and Voodoo donuts.

And thinking of Robo, and hoping feeling better

Thank you Lynne.

I think I might be a couch potato today since it's supposed to rain all

Tink enjoy your time off and being a couch potato is a good thing to be sometime. Congratulations on your weight loss.

LOL..........Keisha the Flintstones .............Anniversary song........a blast from the past for sure........I remember watching the Flintstones....

It’s been a rough year and time for a break from the stress of the real world. I have an Eastern Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, leaving Fort Lauderdale this coming Saturday and decided to take an extra few days off so here we are at Sapphire Falls for a few days since I have been wanting to try the new resort not to mention the Fast and Furious ride. I haven’t been to Fort Lauderdale so am not sure how much time to allow Saturday morning for drive to the port. I haven’t posted too often lately but wanted to check in to say hello and let everyone know what I’m up to

It’s been a rough year and time for a break from the stress of the real world. I have an Eastern Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, leaving Fort Lauderdale this coming Saturday and decided to take an extra few days off so here we are at Sapphire Falls for a few days since I have been wanting to try the new resort not to mention the Fast and Furious ride. I haven’t been to Fort Lauderdale so am not sure how much time to allow Saturday morning for drive to the port. I haven’t posted too often lately but wanted to check in to say hello and let everyone know what I’m up to

Hey Homie !!

:welcome: Back......

Its been a long time since you have dropped in.
Thrilled you are here.

Some of the posters here do cruises.
I know Keishashadow has one lined up real soon.

It's been many years since the last time I drove to Fort Lauderdale but maybe someone here can help you out with how much time to allow for it.

I used to
Live in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. I think it took us about 3.5 hours to drive to Orlando.

Hi TaylorsDad! Have you been on Freedom before? I love that ship. The megaships where everything has to be reserved including shows drive me crazy but FotS is just right size wise.

We had a beautiful 70 degree day here today which hasn't happened since October. Six months is a long time to wait for 70 and sunny.

Prayers for Robo's speedy recovery.

I was pretty much a couch potato all day for no particular reason except it is Monday and I don't have to work.

Charade, I did not know that's what SOL stood for and was trying to figure it out. I think the traditional meaning is appropriate. Teachers "teach to the test" too often.

Schumi...I like the word "lush" too but use it to refer to good food mostly. I do like the word loquacious for no apparent reason.

:wave2:

Nice to see you post........and hope you enjoy Sapphire Falls and the Cruise sounds lovely.........

Don’t be a stranger...........and have a great trip!

Hi TaylorsDad! Have you been on Freedom before? I love that ship. The megaships where everything has to be reserved including shows drive me crazy but FotS is just right size wise.

We had a beautiful 70 degree day here today which hasn't happened since October. Six months is a long time to wait for 70 and sunny.

Prayers for Robo's speedy recovery.

I was pretty much a couch potato all day for no particular reason except it is Monday and I don't have to work.

Charade, I did not know that's what SOL stood for and was trying to figure it out. I think the traditional meaning is appropriate. Teachers "teach to the test" too often.

Schumi...I like the word "lush" too but use it to refer to good food mostly. I do like the word loquacious for no apparent reason.

I love that word too..........lol.........

Not a particularly clever word, but I love to use the word behoove (behove)........I use that a lot!!

Glad you enjoyed a lazy day.........always nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!