Something About Nothing ... #12

Too funny the sleepers. My brother's picture was taken with his new granddaughter, he was watching her, both were sound asleep.

Hehe Mac. My long ago dog used to whine something terrible and scratch the door if we closed the bathroom door. One day, dog jumped into DH's shower. That was fun. Also never needed a pillow under the baby, dog's head was in my lap. The two dogs were good too, food licked off floor, chair, hands, and face when the kids were tots.

Nice, very warm evening. Older one turned up the AC. Tomorrow, 10am will see 82 degrees. Next 2 days, heat index over 100 degrees. Kids better drink like fishes.

What was in the croc tonight Keisha? I fried up chip steak and peppers and onions. Cheesesteaks. Water ice for dessert.

Food Network on, kids need to give mom some TV time.

Lynne, I hear you about the heat
On the 11:00 news tonight, our temp was 81
Usually temps are down to in the 70's by this time

Have to do errands tomorrow so aim to get that done by 9 am and not be in the high heat

No cooking but will eat out Thursday night

Sounds like your heat way will stick around for awhile
You do have ac, don't you?
Anyone that doesn't must be miserable with the heat you are having

HELLO! The sun is shining, the air is still, and oh so muggy. The low last night was 80. Oh joy! Revised high temp this afternoon: 97. Extreme Heat Advisory from noon today until 8pm tomorrow. Even down the shore, the water's nice too, 79 degrees. We usually don't see that warm of weather until mid August. A corker they say.

Oh yes Mac, AC in the car and house. I didn't hear the house AC turn off until around 5:30am.

Thirsty Thursday it is today. Drink up, it's hot hot hot.

th

Yeah, I feel like this:
th
I wish it was a day to be lazy. Oh well. Time for tea. Throw back a cool drink and stay out of the heat, have a great day homies.

It's Thursday.........

Just back from getting hair done.......always love that just done look.......will get it done again just before we leave in September though............all appointments made......waxing, hair, pedicure and I'm sure there's something else.....

Off out shopping this afternoon........but miserable here, but not cold. No need for A/C in this country.....well except in our cars of course......wouldn't be without that....

New washing machine comes tomorrow.......was supposed to be earlier but I changed my mind and ordered a different one........dh is used to me now.......

Time for lunch...........

If i hear Despacito one more time i may do murder:crazy:

Mac since deads' are done for awhile u need to find another Sunday show haha

Yeah, Keisha, we get rabid raccoons around too. Seems the cop shot one near our neighborhood park the other day. It is scary, as pets might want to go after a mad coon. It is blessedly hot already. Iced tea for me. And you said bacon? Oh yeah, I'd take that. And since those fast fingered coons want the chickens so bad, neighbor electrified the fence. A couple of good zaps, and the raccoons haven't have chicken dinner yet.

Nice to enjoy your cup of coffee Robo. Glad to see all is well with you and family. Trash day was the other day, and had to pull over, and remove the cans from the end of the driveway. Glad to see yours went out in time.

Always sending good thoughts Mac. Hope the healing is going well, and pain is going away fast. Hang in there, will be happy to see you walking or riding pain free with a new knee.

and a funny:

th
- keep those cats in order Mac. LOL

IDK my pets cringe & slink away when they hear a crazy coon, me too.

Don't pee on the electric fence :).

Congrats on booking your holiday trip! Woohoo

:scared1:Holy cow I just had a flashback to reading Stephen King's Cujo! no no no...

i FINALLY got smart and put a reminder on family google calendar for trash to go out Monday night-did this Tuesday morning as I watched garbage truck drive away and realized tradh hadn't been taken down...:rotfl:
:thumbsup2

Yep, that's pretty much the vibe re the crazy coons.

Had house to myself for a couple hours today-does NOT happen often over the summer-so I ....cleaned, and skinned and froze tomatoes, and made tomato sauce (can you tell I have tomatoes?). Chicken mole with rice and mexican beans tonight (Courtesy of Try the World Box)-but as it turns out it is just me and oldest DD and she is running off to work in a bit...that means I'll be alone again for awhile-the Netflix is MINE.

And the cuddle chicken fell asleep on the boy this morning...

I have serious tomato envy.

Do have 12 foot plus sunflowers lol

I keep thinking I should have a large vegetable garden

Maybe next year as I do want one
At my first house, I kept one for ten years
Hated rabbits and squirrels that got into it but have very few of them around our place

Had house to myself for a couple hours today-does NOT happen often over the summer-so I ....cleaned, and skinned and froze tomatoes, and made tomato sauce (can you tell I have tomatoes?). Chicken mole with rice and mexican beans tonight (Courtesy of Try the World Box)-but as it turns out it is just me and oldest DD and she is running off to work in a bit...that means I'll be alone again for awhile-the Netflix is MINE.

And the cuddle chicken fell asleep on the boy this morning...

A CUDDLE CHICKEN??? I WANT ONE!!!

Good morning :coffee:

I was up a at the crack of dawn to try and book Trader Sam's again and was told that the system hadn't been loaded yet but was able to book another event instead...now I have to call back at 9 and if it's available cancel the other event and book TS...Disney IT stinks :sad2:

I hear ya Tink, I wanted to book a Fantasmic meal at MM, and keep saying nothing available - that usually means not loaded yet. But the other 2 restaurants are loaded. I'm going to cancel the H&V one if I can get a MM one. Frustrating for sure. Last year, I did a couple of F&W things. This year, I don't see anything that fits or interests me enough, or what? not paying that price. So, other than D23 day, I'm just going to enjoy the food and walk around. Good luck getting Trader's Sam's. I'll cross my fingers for ya.

I always seem to miss the recycle day... it's every other Monday... and I forget if this Monday is the other Monday or next Monday is the other Monday.

Ours is every other Friday, but it is easy for us to remember, because it coincides with pay day.

Morning everyone :wave2:. Coffee in hand this morning :surfweb:

Tink and Lynne reading your abbreviated WDW restaurant ressie event plans is like alien language to me....LOL
Did not realize until last year that Disney was doing all these extra food events. Have to hand it to Disney they have come up with a way to wring a lot money out of events other then park tickets and accommodations. Folks seem to like them a lot and are willing to pay large sums of money to attend them.

I wish Universal would give me a call.....LOL..... I would help them pull together a Halloween meal event that would knock people's socks off. I love all things Halloween. Really surprised they have not come up with meal event that is as impressive as HHN. I think they would do very well with a event like that....Hint .....Hint.....

When niece and I did RIP tour last year they had cute Halloween desserts to nibble on before the tour started at Cafe LaBamba.

Just back from getting hair done.......always love that just done look.

I always enjoy getting my hair done. Then I wash it a couple days after my salon visit and it never looks the same....:scared1:

I have serious tomato envy.

I love a good garden tomato. Mine are not ready to pick yet. MonyK must have great soil and a lot of sun to help with her tomatoes.

I keep thinking I should have a large vegetable garden
Maybe next year as I do want one
At my first house, I kept one for ten years
Hated rabbits and squirrels that got into it but have very few of them around our place

Mac the squirrels and deer eat the peaches and apples out of our trees and help themselves to a tomato every once and awhile too.

Keisha hope you and hubby are doing better with the respiratory illness you had.

I have a dentist appointment this morning so need to kick it in high gear.....That would be a good HHN house something with a frightening dental twist to it :scared1:.

I always enjoy getting my hair done. Then I wash it a couple days after my salon visit and it never looks the same....:scared1:

I love a good garden tomato. Mine are not ready to pick yet. MonyK must have great soil and a lot of sun to help with her tomatoes.

Mac the squirrels and deer eat the peaches and apples out of our trees and help themselves to a tomato every once and awhile too.

Keisha hope you and hubby are doing better with the respiratory illness you had.

I have a dentist appointment this morning so need to kick it in high gear.....That would be a good HHN house something with a frightening dental twist to it :scared1:.

Good luck with the dentist! It's never fun.......although I do have a lovely dentist, been with him for over 20 years.......he's 52 and thinking of retiring and I'm dreading finding a new one. I trust this guy a lot.

Our tomatoes are in a greenhouse.......they'd never ripen with our weather otherwise, they've been gorgeous this year so far and an abundance of them........I am growing my first chilli plant........some nice little red jalapeños are already starting to grow.......I've been warned they are as hot as Scotch Bonnet Chillies........just the way we like them!! Not quite ready yet.......everyone is surprised it's survived as I have no green fingers whatsoever......think they expected it to have died by now.........:rotfl:Your garden does sound idyllic I have to say........

I wash my hair every day, so I don't get to appreciate the expertly done do for very long.......be back to normal tomorrow.........I have simple hair......wash, condition, blow dry and straighten.......nothing fancy and doesn't take long so it's not a bother.

Did plan to eat out tonight........but it's pouring with rain and neither of us can be bothered going back out.....so, making home made spicy beef burgers and some salad with baked sweet potato........DS is out so he'll eat out.

Then quiet night again with glass of wine........::yes::

Night sounds lovely Schumi. Probably homemade bacon and cheese hamburgers for our dinner. Too hot to eat out. House nice and cool. Maybe salad to go with it too. Salad out of the bag, of course. LOL

Our trash and recycling day is Monday. So, we love it, as we can load up Sunday night, all put them out that night too, then our trash guys start up our street by 7am.

Tomato envy here too. While I have had gardens in the past, the rabbits and chipmunks have made it not as fun. My flowers and plants look happy though. And the Greek Oregano keeps reseeding itself, so we have that. Oh well, only my kids and DH are big fans of tomato, me not so much.

Oh Chuckers - 74 days, 2 months and 12 days, 10 weeks and 4 days, 1,776 hours, 106,560 minutes and 6,393,600 seconds. Just sayin'

Mac, hope you finished your errands.

Robo, hope all is well at the dentist.

Wags, yep pay day is hard to forget.

Ooh almost lunchtime, so more ice tea needed.

Oh and Keisha, the chipmunks love sunflower seeds. We grew them once too, toasted some, and let the animals and bugs get the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!