Something About Nothing ... #12

th
th
th

Good Morning homies.

th
Yes it is, and a beautiful start as well. Around 90 by afternoon, then the usual summer afternoon shower or thunderstorm. Last night, around 5pm, the sky started to turn dark, then pretty much black, the tree was doing the rumba, and next thing you know, thunder and a fast downpour. 20 minutes later, thunderstorm gone, and some of the neighborhood without power. Luckily, not only did we not loose power, even older one's online gaming had no stoppage either. Did lower the temperature from 92 to 78. Little one put a jacket on, as we went out to do some errands. I was like, it feels great. Ah, she's getting ready for Florida.

With that, hope you are enjoying your afternoon Schumi, and are having a lush lunch.

Hope all in the path of Cindy are safe and dry.

Mac, I hope those cats brought your coffee.

Yeah, where is PC, TinyD, and all the other missing homies. Pictures of little Christopher are needed. Hello.....

Sounds a lot like my abode. :P

:wave2:

Well, no grilling outside tonight after all.........we have thunder, lightning and it's raining like the apocalypse has arrived........it is so dark, I have lamps on around the house.......sounds like Lynne has sent her weather over to us......

Best laid plans and all that........so, going to bake. Lots of cakes.

Hey all. I woke up before the kid today, that's rare indeed. She put her breakfast order in last night, a ham & cheese omelet. Yuck i like all the ingredients but never got the appeal of an omelet. Least it will fill up the eating machine. Forgot how much teeny kids manage to eat in the course of a day.

Every morning like Xmas here, rush to look in mirror to see how the infection has decided to morph:tilt:. Figure once i hit a week on the meds something should give.

Trust me, I've been ripping bedroom apart looking for the culprit. Found my share of dust bunnies:rolleyes1no spiders. Had hoped to find some $ ala the couch ha no luck there.

All said, nothing compared to what Mac's dealing with:sad2:. She has far more patience than me!

Neighbor is getting large front porch addition, new roof, siding windows. We are into the 3rd week. Tons of noise from the small 2 man crew. It's going to take forever at this rate. Those noises get to you after awhile. :crazy:

Eek, a spider bite. Not fun. I hope the swelling goes down fast. Yeah, I think the airlines jack the prices up over the holidays. It also depends on the day of the week. Mondays tend to be the best, particularly later in the day. Business wants to leave Sunday, or early Monday. And Sundays are bad too, as most want to return before back to work Monday. I'm usually fixed, as for the holidays, the kids' calendars. But, I've found, while more expensive than other times of year, buying at first open has been the best bet. However, looking at summer flight prices, I don't think my holiday flights are much, if anything, higher. Those prices for July and August look scary. Funny, still better prices for August to fly into FLL instead of Orlando. Guess no one wants to go the beach when it's boiling hot.

Yes Schumi, I'll be on the road to the shore on Friday. Will leave both ways to beat the rush hour. In the summer, from about noon on Friday and then late Sunday afternoon, the shore traffic makes the trip not so fun.

Woohoo to the beach! Wish we lived closer to one, even Lake Erie is 2 hours + from us.

I'm seeing a few random lower prices into TPA for dates I'm checking but not a fan of the drive, gets so congested/aggressive drivers once i passed Lakeland last few trips (non rush hour).

Tues & weds seem to be lowest my market but we can't travel those days due to work schedules.

I'm seeing few fares less than $250 pp one way from PIT the Fri to Mon after thanksgiving & then the Xmas bump is starting on the 12th of Dec, which is a full week earlier than I've experienced in the past. :confused3. Wish i had priced when first released but wasn't on radar then.

:wave2:

Well, no grilling outside tonight after all.........we have thunder, lightning and it's raining like the apocalypse has arrived........it is so dark, I have lamps on around the house.......sounds like Lynne has sent her weather over to us......

Best laid plans and all that........so, going to bake. Lots of cakes.
MMMMMMMM...cake! My favorite is German Chocolate...my mother used to make it for my birthday every year.

Our storms have calmed down some...now mainly raining in the overnight and a brief shower during the day. But...it's Orlando...it can rain on one side of the street and not the other. Go figure. :rolleyes1

@schumigirl can I put in an order for a devil's food cake with rich chocolate frosting? Please? I could use some cake-love today :)

I'm tired of working.. why haven't I won the lottery yet?

Lol.......both my boys love any kind of chocolate cake........the richer the better.........and always for birthdays......

Slices sent to both of you.......:cake:

Todd I'm part German so does that count towards being German chocolate......:rotfl:

Oh nightmare Janet..........our last house we had weird neighbours.

One we nicknamed Bob the Builder........couldn't sit on his backside......always had a hammer or knocking things down........I swear that house will one day fall like a house of cards.

Hope it stops soon........it does get wearing........

I don't like omelettes much either.......and don't worry a house isn't a home without dust.........dust bunnies sound cute.....will say that next time I haven't dusted........lol.....

Has the dis started being odd again for anyone else.......typed then it reloaded and cleared what I'd written......

Lol.......both my boys love any kind of chocolate cake........the richer the better.........and always for birthdays......

Todd I'm part German so does that count towards being German chocolate......:rotfl:

Thank you! I know a girl that HAS TO HAVE a lemon cake with chocolate frosting for her birthday... If she doesn't get it, she will literally cry. The combination sounds disgusting to me.

Meanwhile I have a 20 year old fridge that will. not. die. (and 3 interstate moves) And after the ice through the door thingy not working (except to randomly spit ice cubes out onto floor) has now decided to behave and give us lovely fully formed ice cubes. I wasn't going to replace it (it's white, to match other SS appliances) until it died. I swear to heavens it is spiting me by deciding to work again!!

probiotic while on antibiotic-either pills or yogurt 2-3 x day

Stratosphere. Big Shot. Immediate need for alcohol-even at 10 am. 'nuff said. And that was the TAME ride.

Um me too!

that would require staying in same place more than 5 years. Although going on 8 in same house (&state)-record for us!

@keishashadow and @macraven -hope you are both doing better! Mac-sounds like progress! Is there a Super Suppers or Dream Dinners by you? Homemade meals that you can personalize to your specific likes.
@keishashadow OMG hope the spider bite is better!!!! Although a vampire bite is intriguing...:)
I love thrill rides but the stratosphere rides are a one and done for me! Agreed about big shot! The only one that didn't make my palms sweat!

I love thrill rides but the stratosphere rides are a one and done for me! Agreed about big shot! The only one that didn't make my palms sweat!

I will ride almost anything... but rides that rely on a bungee cord or chains to hold me up (flying swings) are NOT my idea of fun. I once did the 200 foot tall flying swings at 6 flags and I was so terrified that I actually got sick. Having always been a heavy guy, I just don't trust 4 chains to hold me up especially when there's centrifugal force applied.

that would require staying in same place more than 5 years. Although going on 8 in same house (&state)-record for us!

In my 52 years of life, I have moved over 20 times.. including 7 cross country moves. I don't know why I bought a house because if the past is any indication, I'll be moving in about 3 years.

Hey all. I woke up before the kid today, that's rare indeed. She put her breakfast order in last night, a ham & cheese omelet. Yuck i like all the ingredients but never got the appeal of an omelet. Least it will fill up the eating machine. Forgot how much teeny kids manage to eat in the course of a day.

Every morning like Xmas here, rush to look in mirror to see how the infection has decided to morph:tilt:. Figure once i hit a week on the meds something should give.

Trust me, I've been ripping bedroom apart looking for the culprit. Found my share of dust bunnies:rolleyes1no spiders. Had hoped to find some $ ala the couch ha no luck there.

All said, nothing compared to what Mac's dealing with:sad2:. She has far more patience than me!

Neighbor is getting large front porch addition, new roof, siding windows. We are into the 3rd week. Tons of noise from the small 2 man crew. It's going to take forever at this rate. Those noises get to you after awhile. :crazy:

Woohoo to the beach! Wish we lived closer to one, even Lake Erie is 2 hours + from us.

I'm seeing a few random lower prices into TPA for dates I'm checking but not a fan of the drive, gets so congested/aggressive drivers once i passed Lakeland last few trips (non rush hour).

Tues & weds seem to be lowest my market but we can't travel those days due to work schedules.

I'm seeing few fares less than $250 pp one way from PIT the Fri to Mon after thanksgiving & then the Xmas bump is starting on the 12th of Dec, which is a full week earlier than I've experienced in the past. :confused3. Wish i had priced when first released but wasn't on radar then.
$250 pp one way?!??! Holy crap! I have to fly delta and stop over in ATL, no choice. But I live in a small town and I still don't pay that much! I've flown to vegas and Dallas first class a few times for around $550. Ouch to the spider bite! My sister was stung by scorpions a few times when we lived in Orlando. Nothing major, but yep they are around down there.

Last edited:
I will ride almost anything... but rides that rely on a bungee cord or chains to hold me up (flying swings) are NOT my idea of fun. I once did the 200 foot tall flying swings at 6 flags and I was so terrified that I actually got sick. Having always been a heavy guy, I just don't trust 4 chains to hold me up especially when there's centrifugal force applied.
That's one thing I don't like either. Can't remember the height of the swings at six flags in Arlington Texas but I said no thanks. It is 400 ft tall!

Oh nightmare Janet..........our last house we had weird neighbours.

One we nicknamed Bob the Builder........couldn't sit on his backside......always had a hammer or knocking things down........I swear that house will one day fall like a house of cards.

Hope it stops soon........it does get wearing........

I don't like omelettes much either.......and don't worry a house isn't a home without dust.........dust bunnies sound cute.....will say that next time I haven't dusted........lol.....

Has the dis started being odd again for anyone else.......typed then it reloaded and cleared what I'd written......
We have weird neighbors all around us. Maybe it's us....lol

We had some significant landscaping done on our house a couple of weeks ago. Had some old bushes and small ornamental trees removed and some new plants and mulch put in. Neighbor acoss the street is now having landscaping done and the guy doing it has tied a line around a large stump in front of her house to the back of his pick up. Don't think this is going to end well. He has radio blaring outside. So much for my quiet morning. Oh well.

Keisha sorry to hear about the spider bite. Hope the antibiotics kick in and help soon and the swelling goes down :hug:

Chuckers yep adulting is hard sometimes. We have had to replace many things in our homes, but one way to look at it is when your done you have things the way you want them in your home.

Ky07 hope your wife continues to get better everyday and you are able to make your trip :hug:

Mac hang in there. I hope you are doing better everyday. Sending prayers your way that the remaining clot dissolves soon Kneester :hug:

Lynne love your kitty and dog pics.

Schumi if your making chocolate cake I would love a slice too, yummy ::yes::

Kohlby so nice that your parents were able to retire early. Hubby retired early and I did a little over 3 years ago and it is so nice to reach an age when you can call your time your own. I hope your mom and dad live a long and happy life together and enjoy their retirement.

Monykalyn hope your chicken babies are doing ok. I'M sorry one has turned into a roo and you have to let him go. I know it must me hard for you :hug:

Hope PC and family, the Bluers, Tinyd and others are all doing well.

Morning Tink glad to hear you were able to add another day to your trip.

IMG_1353.JPG

Where's BagOLaughs and Realfoodfans?

Lots of errands today and some house keeping. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Yes of course...can't wait for HHN this year. Should be loads of fun again!

Okay Keisha, not funny, I was like, I feel something on my arm, ack, a spider. Flicked it off, only to come back on my paper pad. Well, you know what I did, flipped the pad over and killed that thing. I feel buggy all day now. I do hope your your neck lump goes away quick and you feel better. Ah, most easy for me to be up before the kids, even when they were young. Have fun with your GD today.

Hey PC, nice to see ya. Will be even nicer to say hello in a few months. How many in tow this time?

Robo - hope you are having a good, hot cup of coffee. I know what ya mean, neighbor decided to enclose his back porch. Noisy couple of weeks. At least it looks nice. Here's hoping your neighbor noise starts much later tomorrow.

Ah, thank you Cindy. Seems there will be rain at the shore this week-end. Raincoat and umbrella will be packed. That, and I told little one to take a pair of jeans. On the boardwalk, the sea breeze will make the nights cool. Tonight is packing and probably a load or two of laundry. I doubt any was done so far today.

Sunny and warm. Loving it, even if another thunderstorm is on tap to come around dinner time today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter