Something About Nothing ... #12

I am way too old to be a residential college student. I had only planned to be on campus for a few hours this morning. I ended up staying to have lunch with B (the food is pretty decent for college food) and then we took a tour of the dormitories. Lots of walking and lots of stairs. We als stopped in the bookstore, but it was packed. I had to leave after a few minutes. Way too many people. I ended up leaving at 4:00.

I'm surprised that so many people here are not early packers. I was expecting a lot of people to say they have their suitcases open a month ahead of time. I see that a lot on the Disney side. But maybe that explains it. The uber planners are not here so much.
I’m a last minute packer for Disney too. I enjoy doing the Disney vacation planning, but still wait for the night before to pack.

Good news- we booked a December trip to Orlando:cool1: We'll be in Orlando 12/13-12/17. We got great airfare and a wonderful 30% discount at HRH!!:thumbsup2 The best part is Kyle & Erin will drive up and spend the weekend with us!! Yay for a Christmas family vacation!! Now, off to plan our days!!:goodvibes
Yay! You can celebrate my birthday for me. :laughing:

Wah mr had me all excited that the HP movie was this weekend. Went online to buy my tix and no cigar. Ah well, gives me more time to cross some more errands off my list today. Slowly grabbing all the goodies needed for thanksgiving dinner.

We are going to go see the new movie next weekend for B’s birthday. She requested a trip to Richmond to go to the Cheesecake Factor and then the movie.

Just imagine the number of calories you burnt off with all that traipsing around.

My youngest drove me crazy with veggie tales on repeat, still have a box full of old VHS tapes haha. Right next to the Barney ones.

Busch gardens in tampa used to have a lovely area where you could feed baby ‘Roos.

I think I actually lost a couple of pounds this week.
I loved Veggie Tales, but didn’t allow Barney in our house.
I have never been to Busch Gardens in Tampa. I hope to get out there someday.

When is your birthday?? We'll have cake for you that day!!:thumbsup2

Quiet night here- had some lemon chicken and herb & butter rice for dinner! The cold weather has made the three of us hibernators!:laughing: But no snow at all here! :cheer2:

Watching some hockey and then a drink later! Have some long island iced tea in the fridge to finish up!:)

December 16.

Ok got it!!:)

You probably received many birthday/Christmas combination gifts as a kid!
Troy's birthday is Jan 7 and it's nice because we can give him a bigger gift when we combine both Christmas and his birthday, but I always feel bad that he gets one big present all at once!

Ah, 2 sick kids, one just chilling, one a hot mess. Sigh, thankfully a Saturday night.

Went out for Mexican for dinner and mouth was buzzing. Who knew spinach could be hot. Burning mouth hot. And older one found out he is not a fan of ale, and rather have plain beer. Was not going to finish it for him though, I don’t like ale that much either. At least it was not that expensive, as an IPA maker promotion. We had left over, so older one polished his off later after we got home, and DH ate my leftover, as he did not come with us.

Getting tired, so have a nice night all!

Ah, 2 sick kids, one just chilling, one a hot mess. Sigh, thankfully a Saturday night.

Went out for Mexican for dinner and mouth was buzzing. Who knew spinach could be hot. Burning mouth hot. And older one found out he is not a fan of ale, and rather have plain beer. Was not going to finish it for him though, I don’t like ale that much either. At least it was not that expensive, as an IPA maker promotion. We had left over, so older one polished his off later after we got home, and DH ate my leftover, as he did not come with us.

Hope the kids feel better Lynne. Nice they can rest up over the weekend.......

Tom likes real ales, not to my taste at all........

So, not a fan of hot food then Lynne........:D

Bacon Sunday here.......breakfast is bacon with a rather strange pack of eggs that have blue shells........yes, they’re supposed to be like that! Haven’t cracked one open yet.......when I asked the farmer next to us if they were blue inside he wouldn’t tell me........he did laugh......so I’m guessing they’re normal yellow yolks.......

And cooking a ham joint slowly all day too......lazy day.......going out to get new lights for kitchen......going for LED lights this time.......we very rarely have the main lights on as we use the lighting under the cabinets......but sometimes you need a lot of light......and that’s about as interesting as my day gets today.

Guy is coming back round to take images of the work he has done in our kitchen with the new tiles.......he puts some of his work on his FB page........think he is really pleased with what he’s done......I know we are! It’s like having a new kitchen again.....

Have a great Sunday.........

Yep, Schumi, not blue inside. We found that our neighbors’ hens’ had green, yellow and pink shelled eggs and had a little darker yolk then store ones, and a very fresh taste. Lucky to get such fresh eggs.

Ooh, I do like hot foods, just not oh my gosh burn my mouth kind. I do like a good sinus cleaning hot mustard and jalapeño peppers sometimes.

Well, kids are asleep, so wash is being done, then yep, bacon for us too, and home fries and eggs. Full breakfasts are easier in the weekends.

Yes, they were beautiful..…..yellowest yolk and a good size too. Went lovely with the bacon.

Raining here.

But, went to the beautiful Remembrance Sunday Service to commemorate the 100 years since the end of the First World War at the church in our village. It was heartening to see so many young people there.

Good morning all. I'm jealous of everyone having bacon. :D

So we have a Hedwig we bought the first year we went to Uni to deliver the kids' letters. She comes out every time we go now. She eats seeds and nuts and had a nest the kids made her when she arrived a few weeks ago. Last night my DH found that DD8 had written a letter to HP about her broken wrist and our upcoming trip, asked him to write back, and tied it to her leg.

So of course last night, 'Harry' wrote back that he was glad she gets to go to DA and Hogsmeade and that she should visit Mdm Pomfrey while she's there to get her arm fixed up. She was soooooo excited to get it this morning.

These things are soooooo cute. I'm sad we're very quickly growing out of them as a family.

And cooking a ham joint slowly all day too......lazy day.......going out to get new lights for kitchen......going for LED lights this time.......we very rarely have the main lights on as we use the lighting under the cabinets......but sometimes you need a lot of light......and that’s about as interesting as my day gets today.

Sounds good to me! My day is all about housework!! Shopping of any kind beats cleaning!:laughing:

Well, kids are asleep, so wash is being done, then yep, bacon for us too, and home fries and eggs. Full breakfasts are easier in the weekends.

Sounds great! Hope the kids feel better soon!:)

These things are soooooo cute. I'm sad we're very quickly growing out of them as a family.

That's so sweet!! Cherish these moments! The kids grow so fast! ::yes::

Sunny but cold morning here!! Yep- cleaning the house is the chore for the day!! Will watch football but my home team saddens me most weeks! And a little trip planning later! Looking for some holiday events in Ft. Lauderdale to visit!:thumbsup2

Give your veterans a big hug today! My mister smiled and asked for bacon lol.

My DSis flies Frontier and has been delayed more than a day, and other delays flying into St. P. I flew with her to Myrtle Beach, and would not fly with them again. Started with a delay taking off, over 2 hours, then those that had paid for a seat in the front had to move back, as we, passengers, had to move in different parts of the place to balance it. Then we we were delayed over 3 hours getting back.

While I have had delays with SW, I think SW seats are more comfy and under seat room bigger. I do, generally pay more than she does on Frontier, but I feel better with SW, and always enjoy checking in a bag, and not packing as light to save money.

Some errands and lunch out with little one. Always nice when kids help with the bags and cart.

Should be a quiet night, and oh that wind. Bad hair day.

Only once did we have to move to redistribute weight on a smaller plane and that was with less than 20 people from MDW to PIT. I was a bit un-nerving to be honest.

Talked to Kyle this afternoon he said he remembers less leg room on Frontier compared to Southwest. And the tray tables are tiny!

I agree! We've had delays and issues with Southwest- but they are very good at rectifying such situations and have always been happy with their customer service!:thumbsup2

Brrr- the arctic air has moved in!! :cold: Strong winds, too!! Ick! :sad1:

Yuck, think i’ll Cross frontier off the short list

I am way too old to be a residential college student. I had only planned to be on campus for a few hours this morning. I ended up staying to have lunch with B (the food is pretty decent for college food) and then we took a tour of the dormitories. Lots of walking and lots of stairs. We als stopped in the bookstore, but it was packed. I had to leave after a few minutes. Way too many people. I ended up leaving at 4:00.

I’m a last minute packer for Disney too. I enjoy doing the Disney vacation planning, but still wait for the night before to pack.

We are going to go see the new movie next weekend for B’s birthday. She requested a trip to Richmond to go to the Cheesecake Factor and then the movie.

I think I actually lost a couple of pounds this week.
I loved Veggie Tales, but didn’t allow Barney in our house.
I have never been to Busch Gardens in Tampa. I hope to get out there someday.

I like the sounds of that birthday celebration. It’s a good hour RT with no traffic to closest Cheesecake Factory here. That’s inhuame :)

Rule of thumb is the food you see in the college cafeteria on parents & prospective visitation days will never resurface lol. They pull out all the stops :). Generally though, the kiddos won’t starve but I was glad after the first year and the dining program wasn’t mandatory expense. Usuallyl multiple choices of good or better grub right across the street from campus.

Because one sickie kid isn’t enough. Hope it passes thru quickly.

Good morning all. I'm jealous of everyone having bacon. :D

So we have a Hedwig we bought the first year we went to Uni to deliver the kids' letters. She comes out every time we go now. She eats seeds and nuts and had a nest the kids made her when she arrived a few weeks ago. Last night my DH found that DD8 had written a letter to HP about her broken wrist and our upcoming trip, asked him to write back, and tied it to her leg.

So of course last night, 'Harry' wrote back that he was glad she gets to go to DA and Hogsmeade and that she should visit Mdm Pomfrey while she's there to get her arm fixed up. She was soooooo excited to get it this morning.

That is so cute!!! I doubt they ever really grow out of Potter...….:hug:

Janet....I`d have been a nervous wreck on a plane that asked you to do that!!!! I think I`d have got off!!! I had a panic once when our full size and packed full plane was flying over the Pyrenees and the pilot told everyone to look out of the left hand side of the plane......everyone except me got up to look out the windows at mountains...….I tried to counter balance everyone by leaning to the right......yeah, that was going to work!!!

Ok, getting through trip report......been yakking on for so long...…..

Won`t get much done tomorrow......spending the day with my bestest friend.....well, one of them......meeting early and then lunch and yap the day away.....haven't seen her for a while......so, really looking forward to catching up.

Almost bedtime here...….

You probably received many birthday/Christmas combination gifts as a kid!
My parents we actually pretty good about keeping birthday and Christmas separate. DH is stuck with a Christmas Eve birthday. We always make a point not to do anything Christmas related on his birthday.

This is so sweet. I miss the days when I could do stuff like this.

Looking for some holiday events in Ft. Lauderdale to visit!
First Baptist of Ft. Lauderdale does a really nice Christmas pageant. B was one of the “stars” when she was only 3 weeks old.

I like the sounds of that birthday celebration. It’s a good hour RT with no traffic to closest Cheesecake Factory here. That’s inhuame
We are a little over 2 hours from the nearest Cheesecake Factory.

Rule of thumb is the food you see in the college cafeteria on parents & prospective visitation days will never resurface lol. They pull out all the stops :). Generally though, the kiddos won’t starve but I was glad after the first year and the dining program wasn’t mandatory expense. Usuallyl multiple choices of good or better grub right across the street from campus.
Dh frequently eats in the dining hall and says it is actually pretty decent all of the time. There are also a few chain restaurants on campus including Pizza Hut and Chick-fli-A.

We had one aunt when Kyle was born, his birthday is January 14th.......ask if we were doing combined presents for him.......er, no. They were 3 weeks apart to begin with.........

But, he always got Christmas and Birthday presents separate, however large and expensive his presents were.......3 weeks isn’t even close!

Once had a friend who’s birthday was Christmas Day.......she was one of 5 children so her birthday really was a little lost with the hustle of the day.......and she did feel it I think.

Monday again.

Wild and wooly night last night, seems calmer this morning......breakfast is toast with marmalade this morning...

Then off to meet my friend for the day......always look forward so much to spending the day with her.........think DH will spend the day watching sci fi stuff........all day!!

Have a great day.

My parents we actually pretty good about keeping birthday and Christmas separate. DH is stuck with a Christmas Eve birthday. We always make a point not to do anything Christmas related on his birthday.

That's great! :) Christmas Eve birthday is a tough one, but nice that you can keep the celebrations separate!

May go out to breakfast with him.

Have a great breakfast!:thumbsup2

Work day for me today! Only until noon- then housework for me!! and my own paperwork!

Have a great Monday all!!

original.gif

Good morning :coffee:

Rain, rain and more rain for the foreseeable future here. Danielle and I were going to see Bohemian Rhapsody today but it's so nasty out we may postpone it until next week :umbrella:

New pup Jack is busy creating mayhem as dogs that age are prone to do. This morning I discovered that he had moved his bed out from under the porch roof and into the rain so all of his bedding was soaking wet. Now I have to get new cedar shavings and find another old blanket for him to sleep on. But he's so cute and sweet that I can forgive him.

My FIL's birthday was on Christmas and he was disappointed that everyone gave him birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper so I always made sure to give him his gift wrapped in birthday paper. It's funny that both of his sons were born on Valentine's day and Trey was born on April fools day.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!