Something About Nothing ... #12

images
ah yeah, it's Monday.
images
. Sometimes it feels that way.

Charade, that's great B is looking at other options to major in. Little one is pretty sure her major, just trying to find which school is the best fit. And not wanting to commute.

Patty, hope you got home safely. Yeah, a 47 degree rainy start for today. Time for coffee.

Tink, hope pup is doing well. May your coffee be hot and plentiful too.

Mac and Robo, that goes to ya too, coffee hot and lots of mugs of it.

RAPstar, hope you are enjoying fun, and that goes for Buckeev too.

Wendy, hope the healing continues and you are feeling much better. Countdown is less than a year now. Wahoo!

Keisha, hope the family is doing better.

Dude, hope your son's mouth is feeling better and he's eating everything a teen does eat.

Schumi, good afternoon, almost. Hope you had a lovely, lush breakfast and may be bopping around this morning. Hope your tea was hot and numerous as well.

So, time for tea. It's actually almost hot, no AC seems to be working, yet. Dark, even with the time change. Rainy 2 days in store. Sigh, at least the snow is still a far away thought. But cold rain is still not fun. Yep, fall is in force, and our trees beg for picture taking. Lots of golds, greens, yellows, browns, and oranges. Some views from the high roads over the valley, so gorgeous in the bright sunny, blue sky, yesterday. Makes the clouds and rain so appropriate for a Monday.

Have a most excellent Monday all. Oh yeah, and if you need something sweet: upload_2018-11-5_6-51-23.jpeg. So grab a doughnut or two.

Hope you made it home safely and aren’t too tired in the morning.

Thanks, Charade!:) Arrived home after midnight! Tired this morning- bedtime will be early tonight:thumbsup2

Patty, hope you got home safely. Yeah, a 47 degree rainy start for today. Time for coffee.

Thanks, Lynne! Very long drive! But made it safe and sound! Tired but glad to be home! Yep- our weather is the same- cold & damp! Another cup of coffee here, and then some green tea!:)

Happy Monday all!!

GarfieldMonday-5b199bc73418c6003667359d.png

When is your next trip pattyw?

We're planning to spend Thanksgiving with Kyle & Erin in Ft. Lauderdale and we're taking my mom with us!:) Thanksgiving on the beach! :cloud9: Thankfully, Southwest rates cooperated and they kept going down! Never thought we'd get cheap Thanksgiving fares! Hmm, what should I do with those credits I have for us????:rolleyes1

Monday, again. And dentist talk! Good to hear all the dental issue patients seem to be doing ok!
Found cats at IOA!! Feels like home!
LOL! Love the picture!! And the RIP picture!
Dh was dropping off a load of chocolate (100 cases) at a Boys& Girls club yesterday for volleyball team fundraiser and he calls on way home to say he almost brought a cat home!! Apparently a neighbors cat saw the open door to a nice warm car and tried to hitchhike-he heard it meowing on drive home.

I don’t want to be a parent today.
I understand!! Glad B has been thinking of back up options. My middle is being as stubborn-convinced Air force academy even though she has done no ROTC etc. And she spends her time writing and graphic design.

Monkeys having fun.
Cute!!

here's Jack
Oh he is adorable!!

I have a 21 year old. Not that old am I? LOL
Nope! Happy birthday to fully legal adult!

We've never done Universal at Christmas time!:scratchin I need to work a lot of extra hours!
Yeah DH is gonna have to make up his mind on that for us very soon. My December calendar is packed and if I need to get someone to cover then I need to arrange that very soon. Problem is I need to take an extra day off in middle of month due to friends' party-it is the annual "rent the movie theater out and get crazy watching Christmas Vacation" birthday party/Christmas party-No one is any shape to work the next day but the best time with friends!

Wingapalooza huge success. Oh my gosh were we busy!! The guys are hoping when numbers are finalized they got close to $90-100K. Great bands this year-newer ones to this event: local bands do this for free-if they play this event or our chili cook off in February they are pretty much guaranteed to get paying gigs on regular basis at the bars. Still sore today. Probably didn't help that we start the day off with screwdrivers/bloody mary's on saturday am-we start around 9am getting last minute stuff done. Event 11- 5, clean up done by 7, then dinner at local bar that makes best patty melts and tots (we do this after both big events) and then onto bar that some of the bands play at (we show up to pay cover and support our bands that play our events). Hit a wall at 11pm though! Uber guy said it was slow night - think our winga event may have worn people out?? And our club's booth won 3 awards - 2 for the sauces and one for money raised!! A few of us with our various "wing chick" shirts in front of our booth in the am
And we have an official driver - the 16 year old passed her test friday. She drove me and friend downtown Saturday morning (we uber after the event knowing we will be drinking). She has a Chief Mentor meeting tomorrow (even though no school today or tomorrow) and she is excited to drive herself LOL.

Icky gray rainy day today, warm up tomorrow and then the dreaded "s" word in forecast for end of week...need to get the coop winterized tomorrow I guess.

Back to work!

Attachments

• QCwinga.jpg
    QCwinga.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 7
Wingapalooza huge success.

:thumbsup2

And we have an official driver - the 16 year old passed her test friday. She drove me and friend downtown Saturday morning (we uber after the event knowing we will be drinking). She has a Chief Mentor meeting tomorrow (even though no school today or tomorrow) and she is excited to drive herself LOL.

:cool1: Yay for DD!! How wonderful!!

dreaded "s" word in forecast for end of week

NOOOOOO!!!! It's coming our way, too:sad:

Yay! Congrats on the wings fund raiser MonyK, and say wahoo to the new driver, middle kid. So nice to be able to say, go to practice and pick up food so mom taxi does not have to. That, and ouch the rise in my car insurance with 2 drivers under 25.

Rainy night, and cool out. DH woke me up several times last night, so came home, could not get warm, grabbed a blanket and fell asleep. By 6, little one wanted Chinese, so she ordered and picked up. She woke me up, and Yum, soup and egg rolls for me.

Have a nice night all.

A egg roll sounds good right now, topped off with a steaming pot of tea.

Boy, today absolutely flew by:confused3. Almost forgot to renew my U AP, just 6 days out from missing the grace period:blush: nice to get the extra 6 months:banana:

Did some xmas shopping, way behind there vs my norm. Trying to trim ‘da fat’ this year.

Don’t forget tomorrow to vote early...and often:teleport:. Will interject a JK, it’s A familiar joshing retort in the north. I was skooled on these boards that the south doesn’t roll with the joke.:rolleyes1

Patty how many driving trips for you to FL this year? seems like bunches. You are road warriors! When we bought tix to MCO for the trip the weekend after thanksgiving last year, it was a few months past the opening bell. The prices were triple what we were accustomed to paying. I balked, the mr insisted on rolling the dice. :thumbsup2Was nice to have the credits burning that hole in our pocket this year!

Patty how many driving trips for you to FL this year? seems like bunches. You are road warriors! When we bought tix to MCO for the trip the weekend after thanksgiving last year, it was a few months past the opening bell. The prices were triple what we were accustomed to paying. I balked, the mr insisted on rolling the dice. :thumbsup2Was nice to have the credits burning that hole in our pocket this year!

I've done 4 Florida drives this year:faint: January, June, August, and November! Luckily we drove only one way and flew the other way! That was exhausting enough! Hopefully we're done with the driving now! :thumbsup2

I bought the Thx tickets shortly after they went on sale in May- yikes they were high! Never thought they would go down but they did!! Our flight down on 11/21 is only $129 and the way back on 11/24 is $232. They started out at around $252 down and $344 back! Nice credits for us, too!!

I went to write a post about an hour ago and managed to fall asleep before I even opened my iPad.

Today was payday and brilliant me managed to shortchange myself by 10 hours. We don’t have any type of time keeping system. I just write my hours on a time sheet. I didn’t add my hours correctly and my boss didn’t catch it either. She offered to write another check, but I told her she could wait and add it to the next pay period.

We've never done Universal at Christmas time!:scratchin I need to work a lot of extra hours!!
I was at Universal the week before Christmas last year. It was really crowded, but still a lot of fun.

Icky gray rainy day today, warm up tomorrow and then the dreaded "s" word in forecast for end of week...need to get the coop winterized tomorrow I guess.
Some forecasts are showing snow in our area next Wednesday. I don’t think we have ever had snow in November for all the years I have lived here.

Did some xmas shopping, way behind there vs my norm. Trying to trim ‘da fat’ this year.
I have already started a little shopping too. THe only thing B has asked for is a bigger bookcase. I have no idea what else to get for her. Both she and dh have birthdays coming up too.

Since B is off school tomorrow I decided to take the day off too. We were going to go to the drive through safari park, but we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow.I am trying to figure out something that we can do indoors.

So.Dang.Tired.
And.FULL!
1st day of Epcot F&W today went pretty good. Rainless park days are a bit easier to navigate....We made 5 or 8 stops and most of the offerings were delicious. And then of course, we had to make our obligatory Le Cellier visit.... NOMMMMM as always! We had planned on doing another day or two of the festival, but then those nice folks at Universal decided to “Celebrate” Will Byers Disappearance Day. So...Off to STRANGER THINGS again in the morning...FOR FREE! (We’re still gonna get back over to AK to fly through PANDORA...1st time I’ve been able to snag FPS for it...so pretty stoked ‘bout that!).

Buckeev

You can sleep on the plane ride home
So if you are pooped out now, catch your second wind later on the plane

Of course that might be days from now but .....have fun now !

I never made it to the parks when I was at the motherland in late September
So pandora and the new stuff I read others reviews about it

Big hint there so you will let me know how cool they ride is

I bet you liked stranger things

Awesome live reporting from Buckeev. Yep, petal to the metal until the ride back to the airport.

Patty, so nice to spend Thanksgiving with the Ft. L crowd. Yep, the high on Saturday is 47, so this 68 degree high with a line of thunderstorms to greet the mid day, is welcome this time of year. It's been a rainy year.

Yep, we braved the mouse crowds over Christmas, and ended the year with Harry, last year. In years past, we've swam with the dolphins for Christmas, visited the Mouse only to party, then ended the year with Harry. Many a year Christmas in Orlando since little one started high school soccer. Then our end of summer jaunts ended for awhile. I love a warm holiday season. Snow, um no, the older I get.

Yep, the Christmas gift buying train has left the station at least a month ago. I buy when I see what I want to give. Quite a few gifts done. Older one's birthday is celebrated with family on Thanksgiving. So, holding his gift for then. Hehe, gives me a few more weeks, if I had not already picked up his present. He's easy, gift cards, cash, are his top choices. And that's fine with me. Though I have a good idea what both kids like, I like to let them choose when they want, when they want, using gifted cash and gift cards.

With that, it was a foggy and dark, very wet commute, and dare I say, almost mild. Another gray day, poor sunglasses are still in their case. Boo. Er, Gobble Gobble.

Finally, yes ladies and gents, it's a Tuesday. upload_2018-11-6_7-9-2.jpeg . Yep, vote for Mac to make a Taco Bell run.
images
. ::yes::

And remember,
images

:D

I was at Universal the week before Christmas last year. It was really crowded, but still a lot of fun.

Yep- crowds at holiday time are huge- but just to see the decorations and be warm would be nice and fun!:thumbsup2

So.Dang.Tired.
And.FULL!
1st day of Epcot F&W today went pretty good. Rainless park days are a bit easier to navigate....We made 5 or 8 stops and most of the offerings were delicious. And then of course, we had to make our obligatory Le Cellier visit.... NOMMMMM as always! We had planned on doing another day or two of the festival, but then those nice folks at Universal decided to “Celebrate” Will Byers Disappearance Day. So...Off to STRANGER THINGS again in the morning...FOR FREE! (We’re still gonna get back over to AK to fly through PANDORA...1st time I’ve been able to snag FPS for it...so pretty stoked ‘bout that!).

Enjoy every minute!! :)

I love a warm holiday season. Snow, um no, the older I get.

Same here- snow used to be fun when I was young! But now it's just plain depressing- especially when it lingers into March & April:eek:

I'm in with voting for Mac and a taco run! But I've driven enough!!!- I won't be able to pick them up, Mac! Guess I'm on my own for the taco run!:laughing:

Have a great Tuesday all!!

h122E8C63

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!