Something About Nothing ... #12

Great meet up Schumi, so nice you connected with MonyK and Tink.’

Charade, I know of two women who have thyroid issues, and both have to take medicine for rest of life. The one was diagnosed with it not working much at all. Once they got the medicine right, she said she felt so much better, with more energy. The other, does not need as much medicine, as hers was not working consistently. Both took way too many years to finally get diagnosed.

Patty, I hear ya, will barely be 70 with lots of rain on Sunday.

10 is the countdown number. Woot!

Good evening! Finished up my last day of work before vacation!

less than 48 hours now! Feels like its been forever and yet its here (Im sure you all totally understand what that feels like)

Wishing you safe travels and be sure to lock the front door when you leave for vacation....

dont ask why I said that, you already can figure out the answer.....lol

Wishing you safe travels and be sure to lock the front door when you leave for vacation....

dont ask why I said that, you already can figure out the answer.....lol

Ah! I always panic about leaving the falt ion plugged in and on, or water running or leaving the lights on, but never not locking the door. Now I have another thing to add to my list to make sure! Thanks!

Charade, I had my thyroid removed 6 years ago, non cancerous but I had goiters that were affecting my breathing at night. After surgery, I was on Synthroid for 5 years but started feeling sluggish & a lot of weight gain so switched to genetic Levothyroxine. I feel so much better and have lost about 30 lbs. Only side effect is some hair loss....so, do I continue to be a thinner balding woman....or a fluffy full headed one....sigh.

Schumi, so glad you had a meetup today! I am looking forward to the pool day Oct 4th with pattyw!

If anyone is visiting Orlando Oct 22-Nov 4th & wants to go to Kennedy Space Center, I can get discount tickets for $19 adults & $15 for kids up to age 11. It’s the only time they offer a discount to Brevard County residents & I can buy up to 6 tickets per visit. Let me know. :flower1:

Ah! I always panic about leaving the falt ion plugged in and on, or water running or leaving the lights on, but never not locking the door. Now I have another thing to add to my list to make sure! Thanks!

I confess to checking the stove to make sure no burners are on every morning before leaving for work-and we don't use the stove in the morning!

Have a great trip- see you down there!! :goodvibes

I am looking forward to the pool day Oct 4th with pattyw!

:cheer2: Me too!!

Oh, I forgot to mention about the guns discussion a few posts back...
So today a friend chaperoned his preschool son on a field trip to our local Publix ( grocery store). It was sprinkling this morning so my friend had his black umbrella in hand as he entered the store. Well, someone saw him, though it was a rifle, called 911, and 10 cop cars & the swat team swarmed the store and held my friend at gunpoint, WITH HIS CHILD, for a few minutes until they could determine that it was, indeed, an umbrella & not an assault weapon. Crazy huh??? Such is life nowadays.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Helllllooooo from universal!
We got here Tuesday and did HHN Wed/Thurs. been a super lazy trip and only doing little By little.
Scary Tales was by far our favorite house. Killer clowns favorite scare zone.... though favorite charters are the guys on stilts in harvest.

Hope All are well! Sitting out here in the lobby waiting on house keeping. They came in and took the trash and towels...... and nothing else. So now we have no towels, tp, etc :rotfl2::confused3
Been staying in Loews for 13 years and that was a first. Also had an amazing crew on the boat back from
Dinner. YMCA and sweet Caroline was sung and danced by all on board. :boat:

40 some days to the wedding!
Sorry I’ve been a ghost. I think of you guys often! Really hope you’re all well!

I've missed you !
I had put your name in the shout outs of MIA homies here

I see you have a new avator picture
Jaws is larger than you......
but then, they don't call you tiny dancer for nothin'

Have fun at the darkside and bet you loved hhn.
Will you be there more days ?
Hope the rest of your vacation goes fine.

The big day is coming, yay!
Wish you a lovely wedding and happiness forever :yay:

Enjoyed our meetup today...we could have talked for hours if Carole had the time. It was a pleasure meeting monyk and lovely to see Carole again after missing her for a few years. Thanks to Tom for the sangria.

We missed HHN tonight after dealing with a room issue which resulted in us having to switch rooms right before we planned to leave for stay and scream. So we had to move all our stuff due to a leaky toilet...good news is they comped us for a one night stay. We had complained on day 2 and had 3 different workers tell us it was a floor issue since they hadn't been sealed properly any water went under the vinyl plank but when we left the room the carpet in front of our door was soaked so they finally had to admit it was a leak.

We didn't feel much like doing HHN after that so we tried Orchid Court for the first time...omg the sushi was wonderful, the guys got a saki flight and I enjoyed a rum punch. We left there and went to Strongwater where we enjoyed a few cocktails and tapas. Right now the guys are swimming and I'm relaxing in the new room. Let me just say we have decided to stay at Sapphire Falls the next time...not impressed with Aventura. Although the iPad is nice, I can do without it.

Hope everyone has a great night :goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Helllllooooo from universal!
We got here Tuesday and did HHN Wed/Thurs. been a super lazy trip and only doing little By little.
Scary Tales was by far our favorite house. Killer clowns favorite scare zone.... though favorite charters are the guys on stilts in harvest.

Hope All are well! Sitting out here in the lobby waiting on house keeping. They came in and took the trash and towels...... and nothing else. So now we have no towels, tp, etc :rotfl2::confused3
Been staying in Loews for 13 years and that was a first. Also had an amazing crew on the boat back from
Dinner. YMCA and sweet Caroline was sung and danced by all on board. :boat:

40 some days to the wedding!
Sorry I’ve been a ghost. I think of you guys often! Really hope you’re all well!
Hey TinyD...we were on the same boat last night...what fun! It was such a great way to end the night.

Hey TinyD...we were on the same boat last night...what fun! It was such a great way to end the night.
Now what are the odds of seeing someone you haven't seen in a long time on the same boat last night!!!
That is sweet!

You still have 4 more hours to catch hhn
tonight

That is sad about your room issues.
But you are in a different room and still have days left for your trip.
Hope the rest of your stay is much better!

Enjoyed our meetup today...we could have talked for hours if Carole had the time. It was a pleasure meeting monyk and lovely to see Carole again after missing her for a few years. Thanks to Tom for the sangria.

We missed HHN tonight after dealing with a room issue which resulted in us having to switch rooms right before we planned to leave for stay and scream. So we had to move all our stuff due to a leaky toilet...good news is they comped us for a one night stay. We had complained on day 2 and had 3 different workers tell us it was a floor issue since they hadn't been sealed properly any water went under the vinyl plank but when we left the room the carpet in front of our door was soaked so they finally had to admit it was a leak.

We didn't feel much like doing HHN after that so we tried Orchid Court for the first time...omg the sushi was wonderful, the guys got a saki flight and I enjoyed a rum punch. We left there and went to Strongwater where we enjoyed a few cocktails and tapas. Right now the guys are swimming and I'm relaxing in the new room. Let me just say we have decided to stay at Sapphire Falls the next time...not impressed with Aventura. Although the iPad is nice, I can do without it.

Hope everyone has a great night :goodvibes

Well, sorry about your hassles.......shame you had such stuff to deal with........but hopefully new room will be much better.........

You went to two of my favourite places tonight.........Orchids and StrongWater.......nice!

Yep, Sapphire is so much nicer than Aventura.......and you are so welcome........it was a lovely meet up, and yes, we could have sat there all day! Was so nice catching up and spending time with you and MonyK..........

Had a fabulous horror night tonight........wasn’t as quiet as Wednesday but not as busy as opening night.......so much fun............had a few good scares from all the houses we went in tonight..........Vamp 85 is a huge amount of fun......had a weird conversation with Prince and Michael Jackson tonight..........yep, that was weird.......lol........

Time for bed though.......been a long day.............

Good evening everyone. I really want to be asleep right now. Why am I still awake? B is at the homecoming dance and I’m not sure if one of her friends is bringing her home or if I will have to go get her. DH has to get up early to do something for work tomorrow, so he is already asleep.

Good evening! Finished up my last day of work before vacation!
less than 48 hours now! Feels like its been forever and yet its here (Im sure you all totally understand what that feels like)
Safe travels and have a great trip.

Charade, I had my thyroid removed 6 years ago, non cancerous but I had goiters that were affecting my breathing at night. After surgery, I was on Synthroid for 5 years but started feeling sluggish & a lot of weight gain so switched to genetic Levothyroxine. I feel so much better and have lost about 30 lbs. Only side effect is some hair loss....so, do I continue to be a thinner balding woman....or a fluffy full headed one....sigh.

Schumi, so glad you had a meetup today! I am looking forward to the pool day Oct 4th with pattyw!

If anyone is visiting Orlando Oct 22-Nov 4th & wants to go to Kennedy Space Center, I can get discount tickets for $19 adults & $15 for kids up to age 11. It’s the only time they offer a discount to Brevard County residents & I can buy up to 6 tickets per visit. Let me know. :flower1:
I think I will be taking Levothyroxine. I’m going to pick up my prescription tomorrow. I wish I could join you at Kennedy Space Center. I went a few times when I lived in FL. I shot an assignment for my photography class there.

Oh, I forgot to mention about the guns discussion a few posts back...
So today a friend chaperoned his preschool son on a field trip to our local Publix ( grocery store). It was sprinkling this morning so my friend had his black umbrella in hand as he entered the store. Well, someone saw him, though it was a rifle, called 911, and 10 cop cars & the swat team swarmed the store and held my friend at gunpoint, WITH HIS CHILD, for a few minutes until they could determine that it was, indeed, an umbrella & not an assault weapon. Crazy huh??? Such is life nowadays.
Crazy and sad that this should happen. Years ago my dh had assigned one of his classes to write and film a tv show episode. One of the groups decided that they wanted to do a story about a robbery. They filmed in one classmates neighborhood. They had toy guns, but the neighbors didn’t know they were filming a class assignment and called the police. The following year he told the next class the story and told them not to do anything involving guns. One group thought it would be okay if they filmed inside someone’s apartment. Well, the neighbors saw silhouettes of people with guns in a apartment and called the police. He now tells his classes if they do anything involving guns it is automatic failure.

Helllllooooo from universal!
Good to see you again.

Also had an amazing crew on the boat back from
Dinner. YMCA and sweet Caroline was sung and danced by all on board.
We did this on our trip only it was Living on a Prayer.

It has taken me 45 minutes to type this post. Still waiting to hear from B.

Kiddo is home safe and sound. I ended up going to the school to get her and a friend. Her friend “M” can’t drive due to a vision condition, so friend “C” volunteered to take them all to the football game. C didnt stay for the dance because she injured her leg playing in the powderpuff football game. I dropped M off at her house and now B and I are home. Time for sleep.

I've missed you !
I had put your name in the shout outs of MIA homies here

I see you have a new avator picture
Jaws is larger than you......
but then, they don't call you tiny dancer for nothin'

Have fun at the darkside and bet you loved hhn.
Will you be there more days ?
Hope the rest of your vacation goes fine.

The big day is coming, yay!
Wish you a lovely wedding and happiness forever :yay:
We’re checking out on Sunday. Tomorrow’s last day and 1 year anniversary of getting engaged. We plan on catching some shows and relaxing on the back deck of hogs head prior to heading in early. Micah has training early Sunday and I’ll be packing up the room and sending down to bell. If times left over I’ll go on a solo adventure. It’s been a wonderful trip. He got home from deployment in July (end of) and we haven’t had a second to slow down and actual enjoy him being home yet. Had to hit the ground running and fall back into everyday. This trip was much needed to stop and spend time together.

Wait wait wait. We were on the same boat 9/21 around 9? Or you had the same captain and also party boat?
If we were in the same boat then wow! What are the chances! Wish I would have realized and said hello!

Wait wait wait. We were on the same boat 9/21 around 9? Or you had the same captain and also party boat?
If we were in the same boat then wow! What are the chances! Wish I would have realized and said hello!
Not the same boat since it happened on Thursday around 10:30. (edited to add: it was around 12, I forgot we went to Cowfish after HHN) The same captain probably does it every night but it was a highlight of our trip...I just thought he did it to shut up the couple who were arguing on the seat across from us. (it worked)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!