Someone won something Saturday 12/16 at Epcot!

Straitlover

DIS Veteran
Wasn't me. :teeth: I was waiting on a storyteller somewhere in WS to start around 3 PM. The loudspeakers came on tellying everyone to congratulate the altest winners in the Disney Dreams contest. Then the double decker bus came by w/ some characters and a couple who were smiling big and waving. The banner on fromt of the bus said Grand Marshalls. As we all know, there is no parade at Epcot, so they were not GM's there. Also, it was right at the time for the MK parade to be running, so they were not GM's for that. So I'm thinking maybe they won the dream where you get to go to all the parks over the world and be GM's in all the parades. The guy on the loudspeaker didn't say what they won, so maybe we'll never know.

Oh, and they were wearing buttons. I couldn't see for sure sinc ethey were on the upper level of the bus, but I think thye were 1st Timer buttons. Wouldn't that be great to win something like that and it be your first trip????

When they win a prize that does not have a tangible item (my hand to yours kind of thing) they will get buttons that say something like "My Dream Came True" or something like that... they are special buttons to signify that they won a middle or high level prize. If they accept a high level prize and are qualified after Disney does all it's paperwork they then get to have a celebration, which is what you saw. They have time alotted to them to accept or decline the prize, so if they choose to they can take all the paperwork with them and look over it before accepting.

Anyway, if you saw them as the "Grand Marshalls" it could have been any of the higher prizes, not necessarily the trip around the world.

That is really cool though, that you got to see that. I wonder too what it was that they won...

I keep wondering if I am even eligible to win. My brother works for ABC, which is owned by Disney. Any thoughts?

I keep wondering if I am even eligible to win. My brother works for ABC, which is owned by Disney. Any thoughts?
cast members and family are not eligible to win. Considering it is your brother, I do not think you are eligible. I can be wrong, but that is a close relationship.. not like brother-in-law deal... And ABC being owned by Disney, while you really may not look at an ABC employee as a cast member, they are (they are employeed by Disney). A friend of mine's husband was the pitching manager for the Anihiem Angles for several years. He was not called a CM, but he did have all the perks.. plus some!!! He had better perks than part time cast members!

The family from Maine won the largest Million Dreams prize up to that date (or up until now?). They won a trip to Italy for 4 through Disney Adventures worth $25,000. It was the second largest Million Dreams prize available for now (the other largest being the DVC). The father and son had just gotten off of Mission Space when they were awarded by a Dream Team member. Now THAT's a great prize!!

We saw this so I asked one of the guys in the Disney vests walking w/ the bus,
and he said they had won a trip to ITALY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter