• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Someone PLEASE just tell what tent to buy!

I'd recommend the rEI Kingdom tent. Here is the 8 person one. https://www.rei.com/product/894017/rei-co-op-kingdom-8-tent

We've had this several years. I'm 6ft and can stand (not sure the actual height). We've slept our family of 5 with a pack n play and zero gravity char all in it.

However now that the big kids are bigger we set up a small tent for the two bigger kids to get to sleep by themselves and DH and I and 3 year old sleep in this. If bad weather the garage is big enough to set up chairs for all 5 to get out of the rain or sun. If really bad weather we've stacked everything in one corner and had lots of play space.
Im sure this is much more expensive than whatever Walmart sells but you're not going to get the features you want or something that is truly going to hold up from Walmart. Also, buying g somewhere like REI you can try it out and if within the first year you change your mind you just return no questions asked.

So here it is....I need a tent that has a place for an ac port or a way to put one in.....My husband is 6foot4 and he just wants to be able to stand up....and I dont want it to drip water from the dew in the mornins...have space for 3 kids 3 and under to run around just a little without killin everyone! We are a family of 5.....I have bought 3 tents and had to take them back after test runs from getting very wet.....they were ozark trail tents ....a real let down seein how they are the most affordable for larger tents....any ideas yall????????????
I have not read through the replies yet, but the Ozark Trail 20x10 insta tent. It has an electrical port and 2 a/c ports. No matter WHAT tent you but, even if it states it's OK for underwater use, Spray the crap out of it with a silicone spray to waterproof it. Also, if it's dripping from condensation from INSIDE the tent, you may need to turn down the A/C at night or ventilate a bit better. Good luck.

Personally I would look for a tent that has space and lots of air in hot Florida but is most of all WATERPROOF. That to me is the worst thing camping in the rain. We took my nephew and his gf camping few yrs back and there was a Nor'Easter that blew through and we had them in a small Coleman tent that NEVER leaked and when they woke they were literally in an almost lake type surrounding and they never knew, dry as toast lol. Things were literally floating on by them hehe. My nephew has since had larger fancier tents and now owns his own RV and camps with us, and still talks about that great little Coleman tent.

No matter how "Waterproof" a tent claims to be... go get a few cans of waterproofing spray (Silicone... something like "Camp Dry") and spray the heck out of the tent. Focus on the seams.

Also any tent that is "Wet" if you touch it, that will be a spot likely to get water to pass through. That is why the "Rain Flys" are important. It keeps that Dew and other moisture off of the main tent.

No matter how "Waterproof" a tent claims to be... go get a few cans of waterproofing spray (Silicone... something like "Camp Dry") and spray the heck out of the tent. Focus on the seams.

Also any tent that is "Wet" if you touch it, that will be a spot likely to get water to pass through. That is why the "Rain Flys" are important. It keeps that Dew and other moisture off of the main tent.

The thing about that Coleman we had is we never bothered waterproofing it and it still never leaked hehe. A great tent.

The thing about that Coleman we had is we never bothered waterproofing it and it still never leaked hehe. A great tent.
It can change over time, though. Our Coleman never let a drop of water in the first season. We put it away completely dry over the Winter, but it had a few problem spots with leaking when we pulled it out this Spring. If you have the ability to run to Walmart, it's probably not a big deal (can't apply it while it's still raining, anyway), but waterproofer is nice to have around for everyone.

It can change over time, though. Our Coleman never let a drop of water in the first season. We put it away completely dry over the Winter, but it had a few problem spots with leaking when we pulled it out this Spring. If you have the ability to run to Walmart, it's probably not a big deal (can't apply it while it's still raining, anyway), but waterproofer is nice to have around for everyone.
Yeah.... that's like one of those "Inexpensive" insurances....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter