Someone else parking the RV

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
So I remember reading somewhere that there is an company that will park your RV. Is that true and if so who does that?

My dad only has ever done pull through parking and is freaking out about backing up and breaking his baby. (He has a history.....)

Thanks!

What!?

Somebody that gets paid to ruin my entertainment while camping? One of my favorite past times is sitting at the picnic table and watching people try and get their RV parked. and then repeat...

Oh man, the memories of close calls, yelling, hand signals, and finger signals.

In all seriousness though, I cannot recall hearing of such a company. I know RV rental places will usually setup their own rigs but that is all that I can recall.

What!?

In all seriousness though, I cannot recall hearing of such a company. I know RV rental places will usually setup their own rigs but that is all that I can recall.

Man... maybe that is what I remember reading, that when you rent it they will bring it in and park it. Blah....

Well if anyone knows of company that will do it, let me know. This is the difference between us being able to rv or not.... Dad does not trust his skills enough to back in his rv.

Man I wish they would make a few drive through spots.... I would pay way more money for it.

Well never heard of a place that would do that. But for the right price, I am sure I could get 4077 to fly down, pick me up, gonna need a ground guide, so head to St. Louis and pick up teamubr. We are gonna need a room or two, deluxe hotel only.....and we will have to stay for the duration and pull the rig out at the end to make sure no damage occurs then either.

Maybe he could take it out and practice in an empty school or church parking lot before you go - his new weekend activity! Buy some orange cones or spray paint something you already own (but don't mind getting ran over, lol). That way he will feel more confident when backing up at the Fort. Good luck!!

Maybe he could take it out and practice in an empty school or church parking lot before you go - his new weekend activity! Buy some orange cones or spray paint something you already own (but don't mind getting ran over, lol). That way he will feel more confident when backing up at the Fort. Good luck!!

Lol, I wish. After an incident, he now just straight up refuses.

We have been thinking of a similar need. I have no issue with backing, but we have been toying with the idea of leaving the tt down there from August-April in a couple of years in order to be able to do summer, Christmas and spring break (we don't use it up here at that time of year anyway). One of the sticking points is that I would still need to drive down in December so that I had the truck to move it in and out. If I could find a company willing to transport it, it would make it more intriguing as a possibility. I haven't looked into it yet, since we are a few years out, but one of the possibilities I considered was trying to find a transport company (ie - rv delivery service) to see if they would do it.

Let us know if you find anything!

I have backed other peoples trailers into their sites on two occasions. When they pulled up they seemed very apprehensive so I walked over to see if they wanted a spotter. I ended up being asked if I would just do it for them. We had a 36ft bumper pull behind a crew cab 2500HD 4wd truck so most anything else is easier than that one

If only I was ready to retire and move to Disney. This sounds like a great part time business opportunity.

It also reminds me of Ritchie. I used to go to a bunch of races. There were 10-20 of us that would meet up for the weekend. One of the people in the group was named Ritchie. All we knew about him is he owned a "business" in South Carolina and he drove around tailgating at football games and hit a dozen or so races a year. Ritchie had a 44 ft diesel pusher motor coach and had no idea how to back it up. He would pull up at the camping area (usually a field or gravel lot), find the group of us, stop the coach in the middle of the lane and jump out. He'd walk up to us and say, "Which one of you wants to park this thing for me?"
One of us would get up and back it in for him and then go back to drinking beer and talking racing.

j

Well never heard of a place that would do that. But for the right price, I am sure I could get 4077 to fly down, pick me up, gonna need a ground guide, so head to St. Louis and pick up teamubr. We are gonna need a room or two, deluxe hotel only.....and we will have to stay for the duration and pull the rig out at the end to make sure no damage occurs then either.
Chris you forgot to include traffic control team As retired Law Enforcement Lucille and I want to apply

Ah, good times.

Once, at GSP I had backed my camper in and setup and we were getting ready to go to dinner when a lady was trying to back her 30' bumper pull into the site behind us. She was pulling it with a hopelessly overmatched Dodge Dakota. After about 3 tries she got out and walked over to me and asked if I would help her back it in. (I don't ever volunteer, but if asked I will help). I said "sure" and she said "Great! trucks still running." So I went over and jumped in, and that's when the growling and barking started.

She had failed to tell me about the Terrier in the passenger seat and it was not pleased that I was in the truck. That was the fastest, and blindest backup I ever did. Mirrors could not see outside the camper and Cujo was snapping at me every time my elbow crossed over the passenger side of the truck. Somehow, blind luck I imagine, I stuck it on the first try.

After that, every time I came around my camper and that dog saw me it went nuts with barking.

don't know if this is true but I've heard that if you need help the Fort CMs will spot you. I'd be shocked if any of them would actually back it into the site but perhaps with their help or asking neighbors for help your dad could do it.

I have seen them help a couple who got their trailer into the coquina and couldn't get it out.

good luck!

OP: Is there anyone else traveling with your father? Could someone else in the group do the backing in? Has someone looked into a backup camera that can be put on the RV to help?

Maybe a couple of you could take the RV out and practice how to back in and talk the driver through backing up.

OP: Is there anyone else traveling with your father? Could someone else in the group do the backing in? Has someone looked into a backup camera that can be put on the RV to help?

Maybe a couple of you could take the RV out and practice how to back in and talk the driver through backing up.
He has a back up camera, still freaks out. And no one else wants to even try it. We are apparently a family full of wimps when it comes to backing up. All of the accidents that my mom and me that have been our fault have been backing up and that is with just a car.... so yeah...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!