Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

afwdwfan

DIS Dad #460

Hi. :wave2:

My name is Andy and I’m addicted to Disney.​

Some of you may know me from around the boards and past TR's, others may be new. To all who take the time to read about our adventures, I thank you and I look forward to getting to know you and interact with each you.

Our adventure started about 2 years ago. We had just returned from an epic trip to Disney World for my parents’ anniversary the first week of December. DW’s sister and her family were going to be going the next June. The idea was kicked around of joining them, but we ultimately decided against it for a few reasons. But we knew we’d have to get back to the World sooner rather than later!

Some other trip ideas were tossed around, and we ultimately decided we needed to go back one more time to see Disney World in all of it’s Christmas season glory before DS starts school. We also invited DW’s parents to go along with us. Neither one had ever been to Florida or Disney World before, so it was an all new experience for them. MiL was excited about it all, FiL a little less excited. But I guess I’m doing things out of order, so let me get to some quick introductions.

EPCOT_BACKSIDE4_7131974023.jpeg

Me - As I said, my name is Andy. I’m 33 and I’m the one who is always looking for an excuse to work a little bit of Disney into our future plans. My first trip was in 1985 when I was 3 years old. I grew up going with my parents and sisters every 3 - 4 years, but had a 10 year break between 1998 and 2008. Since our 2008 trip, we’ve been 3 more times and that isn’t nearly enough!
  • Favorite Character: Goofy
  • Favorite Park: MK
  • Favorite Ride: Rock ‘n Rollercoaster
  • Favorite Disney Movie: Currently Peter Pan. I hope it will soon be the new Star Wars movie.

DW - She is a Disney fan, but not quite as much as I am. She has been 5 times, 4 of them have been with me starting in 2008 and the 3 trips since. The addiction is growing on her, and she is getting to the point where she almost tries as hard as I do to find a reason to go back.
  • Favorite Character: Piglet
  • Favorite Ride: Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Favorite Disney Movie: Frozen

DS - He’s 4 years old and is becoming a huge fan of the Disney parks. He loves roller coasters and wild rides. With one caveat. The kid hates the dark. He loves Big Thunder Mountain, but hates Pirates of the Caribbean, just to give you an idea of how difficult it is to appease him.
  • Favorite Character: Lightning McQueen
  • Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Favorite Disney Movie: It can vary from time to time, but right now it is Planes Fire and Rescue

DD - She’s 2 years old, soon to be 3 (yet another reason for the timing of this trip) and she is our little princess. She loved riding the rides, wasn’t scared in any of them, and wasn’t very happy when she wasn’t tall enough to ride the rollercoasters. And as we discovered this trip. She. Loves. Princesses.
  • Favorite Character: Awful - or for those of you who don’t speak 2 year old… Olaf
  • Favorite Park: We’ll stick with the family consensus and say MK
  • Favorite Ride: Tea Cups
  • Favorite Disney Movie: Frozen, Frozen and more Frozen.

MiL and FiL - They joined us on the trip. The TR will focus more on our little family, but they are still a big part of our trip and will be mentioned throughout. As I said neither had been before and MiL was eager and ready to go along with anything we wanted to do. FiL just seemed to be along for the ride. In planning everything, I tried to find things that would appeal to FiL so that he would be able to have a good time even if he didn't think he would. I think, in the end, we succeeded and everyone enjoyed the trip.

As I said earlier, I’m always looking for an excuse to get some more Disney in my life. Those who have followed my PTR know about an upcoming trip I have planned for just after the first of the year to Disneyland. Yes, both coasts, within a month of each other!

I have a conference that I have to attend for a few days in San Diego. It is only reasonable that we take the kids since most of our travel expenses will be covered and just make a whole week of it. We’ll be spending a week in California, that will conclude with 4 nights at the Grand Californian and 3 park days at Disneyland, so that will be a bonus TR with this one. Originally, my parents intended to fly out to California and join us for the Disneyland portion of this trip. In the end, they aren’t going, so it will just be our family of 4.

Thanks for reading and I hope to be somewhat entertaining. If I fail at that, there will at least be “cute little girl with princess” pictures and sarcasm and insults hurled at me by my fellow DisDads. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I'm first!

Hi Andy! (said in my best support group voice)

Jill in CO

Geez Jill, do you live on these boards? You're always there first! :rotfl:

I'm third!

Going back to read...

I'm third!

Going back to read...

First day back after being off for Christmas. Catching up on the Dis is higher priority than my work that piled up last week. :)

Jill in CO

Yay I made it onto the first page! :cool1:

Your title is intriguing, that's for sure :scratchin but looking forward to seeing how your trip played out.

Glad to hear that your MiL and FiL seemed to enjoy themselves.

I'm first!

Hi Andy! (said in my best support group voice)

Jill in CO
:welcome: and congratulations on being first. You win... er... um... a heartfelt pat on the back. :rolleyes1

Can wait to hear about it Andy!
:welcome: thanks for joining.

I'm third!

Going back to read...
:welcome: to the TR. She is pretty quick on the trigger on these things, isn't she?

First day back after being off for Christmas. Catching up on the Dis is higher priority than my work that piled up last week. :)

Jill in CO
Totally understand that feeling. It isn't like I was posting a TR update at work or anything. :rolleyes1

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing about how it all panned out!
:welcome: Things turned out as well as I could have expected. Maybe better. :confused3

Yay I made it onto the first page! :cool1:

Your title is intriguing, that's for sure :scratchin but looking forward to seeing how your trip played out.

Glad to hear that your MiL and FiL seemed to enjoy themselves.
:welcome: I'm glad you could stop by, but shouldn't you be packing or something? :banana:

I had the hardest time coming up with an interesting title. Until I started thinking about this one event that happened one night. And then I remembered this particular comment. I can't wait to get to the story. Might be one of the most "OMG did that really just happen?" moment's I've ever experienced at Disney World.

Joining in too!
:welcome: to my TR. Thanks for joining us!

Ready to jump in my Name is Miranda and I bring disney cupcakes!!
:welcome: I like Disney and I like cupcakes. I think we'll get along just great! :thumbsup2

Joining in! I've seen you around a lot of the TRs I follow and lurked a bit at the end of your PTR. I am also the parent of a 2-year-old girl, by the way. :goodvibes There is a chance of us maybe making it to Disneyland late 2015, depending on a conference/retreat location for DH, so I'm very interested in that TR too! Can't wait to follow along! :cool1:

Hi Andy! I stumbled upon your TR and decided to follow along. I love that you're all MK fans ... it's my favorite park too!

So exciting that you're going to Disneyland - I love the parks in CA! (And the Grand Californian is pretty nice too ... I've never stayed there, but I walked through it a few times)

I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventure!

:wave2: Following over from your PTR and subbing in. Can't wait to hear about the trip.

:welcome: I'm glad you could stop by, but shouldn't you be packing or something? :banana:

I had the hardest time coming up with an interesting title. Until I started thinking about this one event that happened one night. And then I remembered this particular comment. I can't wait to get to the story. Might be one of the most "OMG did that really just happen?" moment's I've ever experienced at Disney World.

I perform at my best when i'm under stress with little time so i'll wait until NYE ;)

Oh geez, I can't wait to hear it!:rotfl:

What? No bat signal? Off to bed, but I'm off tomorrow (I tend to take off that day when I add yet another year) and I'll be back to catch up tomorrow.

Now that I've gotten to know you.....

You can still participate on my PTR...

... and I'll still post on yours.

Your welcome.

Hi, I'm joining in too! Interested to read more :thumbsup2
:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Just marking my territory...
:welcome: :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Joining in! I've seen you around a lot of the TRs I follow and lurked a bit at the end of your PTR. I am also the parent of a 2-year-old girl, by the way. :goodvibes There is a chance of us maybe making it to Disneyland late 2015, depending on a conference/retreat location for DH, so I'm very interested in that TR too! Can't wait to follow along! :cool1:
:welcome: Yes, your screen name is very familiar. Thanks for joining!

Hi Andy! I stumbled upon your TR and decided to follow along. I love that you're all MK fans ... it's my favorite park too!

So exciting that you're going to Disneyland - I love the parks in CA! (And the Grand Californian is pretty nice too ... I've never stayed there, but I walked through it a few times)

I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventure!
:welcome: What's not to like about MK? I mean that park is the center of the magic and it is what draws us in. I love all the parks in one way or another, but I've seen DHS and AK be built. MK and EPCOT are the parks that I saw on my first visit and they will always be the center of the Disney universe to me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Grand Californian. Thank goodness for the Disney Visa rewards points from paying off our Disney World trip. Otherwise, I don't think we'd ever consider staying there. :scared1:

:wave2: Following over from your PTR and subbing in. Can't wait to hear about the trip.
:welcome: Thanks for joining!

I perform at my best when i'm under stress with little time so i'll wait until NYE ;)

Oh geez, I can't wait to hear it!:rotfl:
It could be one of those "you had to be there things." I hope I didn't just set myself up for a big letdown. :worried: :rotfl2:

What? No bat signal? Off to bed, but I'm off tomorrow (I tend to take off that day when I add yet another year) and I'll be back to catch up tomorrow.
:welcome: and Happy Birthday Kathy!!!

You must not have seen my PTR update. I didn't have time to send out PMs when I started this. My plan is to try to get to that today, but the more of you who find it on your own, the less PM's I have to send. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Now that I've gotten to know you.....

You can still participate on my PTR...

... and I'll still post on yours.

Your welcome.
Thanks... I think. :confused3

I figured we'd get along fine when I saw you mention potty humor in your "C" update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts