Some villa owners charging £150 per week for pool heat!!!

lisag1

Mouseketeer
Whilst I've been looking at villas I've noticed that a few villa owners are charging £150 per week for pool heat. I normally pay approx £70 per week which seems fine but £150 seems rather steep.

I was just wondering how they can justify these charges and if anyone else thinks they are unreasonable.

Lisa

£150 a week for pool heat is very expensive. I charge my guests £65. Are you sure it wasn't $150 not £150?

That does sound quite a lot more than the "standard " fee. To be fair though, I think you will see the cost of pool heating rise from what it has historically been. The cost of energy in the US has risen quite dramatically over the last couple of years and heating a pool can use a LOT of energy. Even so, I would say that sounds VERY costly unless it is a really LARGE pool.

I'm paying £90 per week, but that includes heating the spa and it was booked in April 2001, so the price may well have increased by now.

Lisa,

When I booked a villa direct from owner for last October I remember asking on the DIS about pool heat and how much more mine was everybody elses.The villa was on Sunset Lakes and was more than all the other owners were charging.When I asked the owner she said the price was set by the management company locally.When I asked them when I arrived they said they didn't charge it, it was set by the owner. Another example of why I didn't trust the owner at all.
I can't remember now what the pool heat cost was but it was extortianately (sp!)high.

I really like the owner of the villa I'm renting for this October and don't feel I'm being 'had' this time.

£150 a week does seem a bit on the high side - is it a very large pool, that might explain it?
I charge £95 (including tax) which heats the pool and spa and I honestly don't make any profit on it at all - in fact sometimes I actually lose out. That's with gas heating.
The local management company would never force an owner to charge a set amount for pool heating. That's silly because after all it is the owner's house.

Angela

Had another look at the email sent and it is definately £150 per week so I'll keep looking...

Karen,

Do you know if your Wyndham Palm Villa owners know of anyone with another 3 bed but this time for November 13 - 27th???

We're not sure whether we can go in October because of Dave's work commitments and are trying to rearrange it. The TA are having a laugh with the new November dates and funnily enough everything is more EXPENSIVE to go in the November even though our new holiday is 14 nights instead of 15!! Funny that especially when we were going in the October half term originally and had already taken a hit :mad: They're now saying that the 3 bed villa isn't available and there's only a 4 bed available so that's more expensive even though we're staying a day less. The car is also more expensive...... You get the picture!!

So at the moment I'm trying to rearrange although we'll lose our deposit.

Lisa

Deb,I tried to book one of the Magic villas but it was booked for my dates,the ownners are very helpful.

Lisa the villa I have booked has a website www.disney-daze.co.uk and the owners Paul and Jan are also very friendly and helpful.It is a 4-bed villa and we only need a 3-bed but if the price is OK that doesn't matter.One of the Magic Mouse villas is a 4-bed that they will also rent more cheaply as a 3-bed and they shut a bedroom off.

Other sites with Windsor palms villas are www.villadirect.com and www.villas2000.com.

Not sure if you know but Wyndham Palms has been re-named Windsor Palms (the Wyndham name was copyrighted I think),in case you are doing any searches.

I would have thought November would be quite a bit cheaper than October?

Re. the pool heat I think its so underhand when an owner prices the pool heat so highly,so not only is the cost of the heat covered but they are actually making money from it.

Good luck, let me know how you get on:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone,

I've already emailed a lot of people and I'm trying to remember who's actually available. I'm not sure whether I've already tried Magic Mouse villas but to be really honest I think nearly £600 per week plus taxes and pool heat for a 3 bed villa is a bit steep. We only paid slightly more for our 6 bed villa in Formosa Gardens last year!

I've just checked DisneyDaze and it isn't available for November which is a shame because it looks lovely.

Ooh I've just had an email from someone who want £895 for the 2 weeks and pool heat is at £78 per week. Here's the addy http://www.floridamagicvacationhomes.com/
what do you think?

I'll probably go for this one actually as it's very reasonable. All I have to do now is cancel our original holiday and make sure the new dates are available...

Lisa

Janice,

Yes it was me but just for the record I certainly don't make a habit of changing my dates! Unfortunately we were due to travel last year on September 13th and as everyone knows this was cancelled due to the WTC catastrophe that is why we had to rearrange our last holiday. This year it is down to my husband's work commitments although we haven't actually cancelled anything yet as we're still deciding and if we do we'll be the ones out of pocket as we'll lose our deposit of £400.

Lisa

Lisa

I am sorry - my post was inappropriate and I deleted it as soon as I realised the error I had made.

I can only offer my profound apologies and hope that I have not hurt your feelings at all.

Best regards
Janice

Originally posted by lisag1
Whilst I've been looking at villas I've noticed that a few villa owners are charging £150 per week for pool heat. I normally pay approx £70 per week which seems fine but £150 seems rather steep.

I was just wondering how they can justify these charges and if anyone else thinks they are unreasonable.

Lisa

We charge £75 per week and probably just about cover the electricity costs.

Maybe for £150 you get a larger pool and a spa (which is expensive to heat). Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter