Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

Joining in! I always enjoy your TRs and my favorite cruise was our EBPC so I had to jump in on this!

This is great! I've also enjoyed your reports in the past and I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. What an adventure! Trip of a lifetime to be sure. :thumbsup2

Wow Karin, this trip is going to be awesome. I'm going back to start reading now but wanted to stop in and say hi. :wave: I've enjoyed reading your other trip reports but I think this one will top them all.

Rainy days can be good for shorter lines. Looks like that wasn't true this time. Good thing you had the FP!:rotfl2:

I love CHH for lunch! I don't think most people look upstairs for a table - such a great area to relax and view the park!

Following along! Can't wait to see what you and Tom get up to on your adventure! =)

:welcome: Rosie!
Great that you join us as well. :goodvibes

I don't know how you adjust to the time change so quickly! I am amazed!

We never really have a problem going to the US. It is just an extra long day. Going back and losing 6 hours, that is a whole other story. :rotfl2:

Glad you got to ride the People Mover. We love that ride too. I used to go on it when I was a teen and there was only the MK and Epcot and I thought it was boring but we were sitting and being goofy teenagers and having fun. Maybe I did enjoy it then but not as much as now.

How funny is that.
When we first rode it in 1999, I thought it was a pretty "lame" ride, but it has grown on us and no trip to WDW would be complete without the Peoplemover. So much fun to just sit back, relax and watch the hustle and bustle of Tomorrowland.

Love FL weather. Years ago we were at River County (1980s) and it was pouring so we left. Hopped on the boat to the Poly where it was sunny and dry.

As much as we love FL weather - it is so scary what is happening right now. We rode out Hurricane Charlie at AKL and while we felt save all the time, I do not want to repeat it. But yes, you stay at one end of the resort and it pours and you get to the other and the sun is shining. :rotfl2:

All caught up

:thumbsup2

We always ask for the back on BTMRR as well, even though you don't always get it. Much more fun back there! And we definitely like it better in the dark.

We have ridden BTM at DL, WDW and DLP and the last row is definitely the best row in the house! We don't mind waiting a train or two for that row. And you are so right - it is awesome at night. We loved riding it at DL at night, even more "throwing you around". ;)

We also found out on our last trip by accident that the front car on Expedition Everest is AMAZING!! If you haven't done it yet I highly recommend making the request! The ride itself is better but the best part is the view you get when you stop at the very top before going backwards!

We always wait for front row at EE. Soooooooo fun. And the view is just awesome. ::yes::

Don't think I would have had the energy to get back over to MK for one ride, good for you!!

If we had had to drive or take a bus to the MK we would not have bothered, but it is just such a short stroll from BLT, so it was worth the effort. And the ride was fun too. Especially knowing that BTMR would only be open the first few days of our stay - it then went down for refurb.

Hi! I'm new here so I hope you don't mind if I follow along :) 40 days of Disney sounds like a dream come true!

I made it, Karen!! :love:

:welcome: Christine!

Your mention of CHH brought back sweet memories of two years ago with Mia & Sophia...we went upstairs to find a window seat and noticed it was pouring rain...what a perfect place to watch the rain and guests entering and leaving HM. :cloud9:

It seems we all have such fond memories of CHH. It is so nice to sit upstairs and enjoy a meal and watch the hustle and bustle of Fantasyland or the rain. ;) Isn't it funny how we always end up in the section that looks out on FL?

Looking forward to reading all your adventures and meets with friends...one of these days our paths will cross. ::yes:: We are in the very beginning stages of trying to plan a trip for my 70th :faint: with Mia and Sophia...we are even considering renting a Camper and staying at FW if we cannot find an amazing sitter for our pups. Talk about a crazy idea!!

The people we met made this trip so extra special. As nice as 40 days at Disney are, getting to know so many incredible DISers was definitely the icing on the cake. And we would love to hook up with you, Mia and Sophia in the future. :goodvibes
You know, we have friends from Canada who stay in a camper at FW quite often and one time we got to visit them and it was awesome. They travelled with their two dogs as well. So fun.

So happy to hear Tom has retired!

We were so relieved! And we got the news only around a month before we travelled. We were so lucky, as that way we got to enjoy our trip even more. :woohoo:

I owe you a long note and promise to get that done soon ...will be here a few days alone later this month so it will be a good time to have an email visit. :flower:

Take all the time you need. I know how life sometimes gets in the way of our DIS time. :goodvibes

I'm here I'm here! thanks for the heads up :)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::welcome:

What a great start. Smooth travel day besides the taxi and immigration. We had a taxi do that to us once and it was very stressful.

Yes, getting there worked out pretty well even with the taxi hickup. Not the first time it happened to us though. :rolleyes1 So we always plan on some extra time. :laughing:

Fabulous to get into MK that first night. Too bad about the lines at Cosmic Rays and the price of dinner, wow!

MK having EMHs was one of the reasons to stay at BLT. I know we would never go there for just a few hours if we had to park at the TTC and take the monorail or ferry, but if you just leisurely stroll over, that works for us.
The wait was something we did not expect and neither did we expect the price of those two burgers, but we were on vacation, so we kind of brushed it off. ;)

I'm going to have to give BLT a try, walking to MK sounds very nice.

You really should give it a try. The units are tiny, but you cannot beat the location. We stayed first floor for the first three nights, looking out onto the pool, but the last night of the trip we had a perfect view of the MK and the Contemporary. AWESOME!!!

:bounce:YAY! I've been so excited
For this TR! Glad you made it home safely. It was so fun to meet you! Thank you for stopping for pictures :goodvibes Can't wait to read the rest of this!

:welcome:
It's great to know that you are here as well and we both loved meeting you. I wish we had had more time to chat a bit more. :goodvibes

Following along! 40 Disney days sounds like an awesome one-of-a-kind vacation!

Great to have you! It definitely was a wonderful vacation and it will be very hard for us to top it.

it sounds like you were able to use your FP's to ride all of your favorite rides with minimal waits, which is always a win. Can't wait to read more!

We really were able to use our FPs to our advantage. We literally walked on most rides or had very short waits - and with having the FP it was easy to head back into the park, even for just one ride or two. Guess we would not have gone back that night if we had not known we were going to ride one of our favourite rides.

I am in!!!

Great to know you are on board for the trip. :goodvibes

Love this TR. Hope the weather improves.

Thank you for your kind words. And yes, the weather did improve - we had a blast.

Joining in! I always enjoy your TRs and my favorite cruise was our EBPC so I had to jump in on this!

I love that you decided to come along on this one as well. We were so happy to finally be able to do the PC crossing and then the trip around it came together so nicely. It was awesome.

This is great! I've also enjoyed your reports in the past and I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. What an adventure! Trip of a lifetime to be sure. :thumbsup2

Thank you! It is wonderful to get to know so many of my readers. I feel so honoured that so many people are interested in our vacations. It was a once in a lifetime trip. Really awesome.

Wow Karin, this trip is going to be awesome. I'm going back to start reading now but wanted to stop in and say hi. :wave: I've enjoyed reading your other trip reports but I think this one will top them all.

We had such a great time - unfortunately the 40 days were over before we knew it. :rotfl2:
Hope you enjoy this trip as much as we did.

I'm here and will be back to catch up!!! :hyper:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::welcome:
Enjoy your trip to Hawaii! I am so jealous!

I am loving this trip report so far! :)

Great to have you and good to hear that you enjoy it so far - there is lots more to come - and some really interesting things as well.

Rainy days can be good for shorter lines. Looks like that wasn't true this time. Good thing you had the FP!:rotfl2:

I wish the crowds would have subsided a bit, but this was early August and there were plenty of tourists. :rolleyes1

I love CHH for lunch! I don't think most people look upstairs for a table - such a great area to relax and view the park!

Not many people seem to notice the stairs and go upstairs. And it definitely is a great place to just sit, cool down and relax and people watch. :thumbsup2

Following along! Wow! 40 days sounds awesome.

Great to have you. Yes, 40 days were great and still not long enough. ;)

Super excited to read another trip report from one of my favorite trip reporters!

Thank you so much for following along and your kind words. :goodvibes

Following along! Can't wait to see what you and Tom get up to on your adventure! =)

Thank you for coming along. We had a few great first time experiences - like I said before, it was a memorable trip.

Hi! I'm new here so I hope you don't mind if I follow along :) 40 days of Disney sounds like a dream come true!

I feel honoured that you chose to come along. We loved our 40 Disney days and it is a pleasure to share our adventures here.

i-pScv8S8-M.jpg

Day 3, August 05

So good to see you again! - Part 1

Thanks to an early night we were up early again, and today we really wanted to be early.
There were Morning Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom and we had planned on going through the regular line of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. So, once we were up and showered, we fixed some sandwiches with stuff out of the fridge

i-vCSB9bG-M.jpg

i-mVxQPc2-M.jpg

and some fruit

i-d8zxsTK-M.jpg

i-5QvkJ5c-M.jpg

we had bought the day before. Bellies filled we tidied up the room and then grabbed our bags and were out the door.
We did not quite make it to rope drop, but we got to security check when the masses started to move into the park. Security had quite the line and it took us a few minutes to go through, then we were sent to the opposite end to get to the touchports to enter the park. Once inside we walked straight to Fantasyland and to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. The sign said 10 minute wait and that was perfectly fine with us. We walked through the part that snakes all around the outside

i-Zvcd2Ts-M.jpg

i-2dRCgRh-L.jpg

and once we got closer to the actual building the line slowed down a bit. And we were glad it did, so we could look at the fun games installed in the line. While moving forward slowly we matched gems and spun the barrels

i-PWc9qq6-M.jpg

i-32JPwmB-M.jpg

i-Z2DR4sN-L.jpg

i-699Brs2-L.jpg

i-DXxVDLR-M.jpg

i-nMhbfkg-L.jpg

i-PnwwhwP-M.jpg

i-psQsznp-M.jpg

i-nMzPk3n-L.jpg

i-pmD37xb-M.jpg

i-3WjxpcF-M.jpg

i-dgW9DTG-M.jpg

i-9Bdrjzm-M.jpg

i-FV6L9PG-M.jpg

i-SnDNq3f-M.jpg

i-nNSnZvD-M.jpg

and soon found ourselves being directed to a row to board the train. By quarter to nine we got off and walked towards Peter Pan, but the line was already pretty long. So we walked past It’s a Small World and towards Liberty Square. By then the park started to fill up, so we checked wait times for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and it was only 5 minutes so we jumped right in line

i-SmhXXSf-M.jpg

and after that off to Pirates we went. We took a quick restroom break and jumped into the five minute line. It did not even take five minutes and we sat in our boat going on our little cruise. Once we got off we had a text from Michelle, that she, her daughter Angelina and her son’s girlfriend, Hannah, were on their way and arriving at the Magic Kingdom parking lot shortly. Keeping that in mind, we decided to fit in one round on the Peoplemover, before heading to the entrance. Once we got off we went towards the exit, battling the crowds that were moving up Main Street. To get out of the way we walked through the shops and found ourselves at Starbucks. A big board with some specials caught our eye and we decided that we needed something to drink. Tom got the

i-WbfrKmL-M.jpg

Iced Caramel Macchiato, while I went with the Iced Black Tea Lemonade. A few minutes later we walked down Main Street again, drinks in hand and now knowing that Michelle and her family were on the ferry.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
I appreciate the poctures of 7DMT que. so many people ride FP+ that I forgot those games were there. :rotfl2:

I never got a chance to ride the 7DMT when I went last September. The stand-by was ridiculously long and fastpasses were impossible for us to get. I really hope I get a chance to try it on our next trip. I love the interactive queues Disney has been adding to popular rides.

"You know, we have friends from Canada who stay in a camper at FW quite often and one time we got to visit them and it was awesome. They travelled with their two dogs as well. So fun."

Carol and Gary, by chance? :flower: Carol told me about renting a camper as they rented one twice for her parents (their adult son stayed with her parents as well). We are it nervous but think we are going to give it a try. We were going to book this weekend but a not so little hurricane took presidence today!

Oh.my.goodness. I am totally addicted to Starbucks Iced Mango Lemonade Black Tea and Mia LOVES the Iced Caramel Macchiato - we had one this morning with a Starbucks breakfast sandwich. Yum!

I appreciate the poctures of 7DMT que. so many people ride FP+ that I forgot those games were there. :rotfl2:

We had only read about the line, but never tried it, as we always used FP - so being able to get in in the early morning and experiencing that fun line was awesome.

I never got a chance to ride the 7DMT when I went last September. The stand-by was ridiculously long and fastpasses were impossible for us to get.

Wow! I was even able to change the time on one of my FPs for 7DMT. And I changed my days around about 10 days before we went and I was still able to get some FPs for it. But I would not have gone through the line when the wait was 100 minutes and more. :scared1:

I really hope I get a chance to try it on our next trip. I love the interactive queues Disney has been adding to popular rides.

It is such a fun ride and the interactive queue is great. They did a great job on it. :thumbsup2

Carol and Gary, by chance? :flower:

YES!!!! I completely forgot that we all met on the Tagrel boards. ::yes::

Carol told me about renting a camper as they rented one twice for her parents (their adult son stayed with her parents as well). We are it nervous but think we are going to give it a try. We were going to book this weekend but a not so little hurricane took presidence today!

We have never tried it, but Gary and Carol's camper is AWESOME. We visited with Gary once and it was so roomy and nice. Our servers Ana and Matija visited us two years ago and they stayed in a small camper while travelling and even though not as comfortable as Carol and Gary's, it was really nice and we were surprised how much room there actually was.

Oh.my.goodness. I am totally addicted to Starbucks Iced Mango Lemonade Black Tea and Mia LOVES the Iced Caramel Macchiato - we had one this morning with a Starbucks breakfast sandwich. Yum!

We still do not have Starbucks here, so I was very pleased to find a Black Tea Lemonade (no Mango for me), which was really good and Tom just loved the Iced Caramel Macciato. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter