Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

Rosie, I hope everyday brings a little more healing and strength. Don't overdo...you'll wear out easily and don't want any set backs. You need to take good care because we have to celebrate our 75th birthdays, remember?!?!

I just found your report and have really enjoyed reading it! I can't imagine having so much time to enjoy Disney parks and cruises - just amazing! Thanks for sharing it all with us! Going to read your 2017 report now. We were there Labor Day week and got out the night before they shut the airport down for Irma!

Take care and have a speedy recovery !
Thanks I am hoping to go back next week but then I hoped this week last week !!!!

Speedy recovery to you!

Thanks
Hi Rosie! Sorry to hear that you had major surgery, but glad that you're on here reading and posting. Reading trip reports is good therapy.

Hey, I was on your neck of the woods over the weekend -- I was at the Taste of Buffalo on Saturday.
Wish I'd known, I actually have never been !!! How was it ??? Judy & Kyle went to Erie last month for some mother / son time !!!!

Well, I bet you didn't expect me to come back to this TR and finish it.

But I will!

It might take me a few more weekends, but it WILL get finished.

i-65sPjvk-L.jpg

Day 20, August 22

Taking it ALL in - Part 2

Once we got off it was time to make our way to the exit and over to California Adventure where we were to meet up with Alison.
We still had a little time to kill, so we wandered through the shops and looked around until it was time to head to the Grand Californian to meet with Alison. When we arrived there she was already waiting and we all turned around and went right back into the park.
We had all decided on riding the Radiator Springs Racers together, so without any wait we headed over to the ride,

i-HMQZN8q-L.jpg

i-ZFZmbvs-L.jpg

got in line and a little while later we found ourselves in one of the vehicles.

i-FxtVMgQ-L.jpg

i-wsvSnwS-XL.jpg

i-qJtM8Fh-L.jpg

i-J2BKRQt-L.jpg

That is such a fun ride and we all had a lot of fun riding.

i-GPGhtZ3-L.jpg

i-vmW9VJv-L.jpg

When we got off we decided that we wanted to go and grab some lunch

i-H5QJ6J9-L.jpg

and Alison, as a local, knew just where to find some tasty quick service. We went to the Paradise Garden Grill, ordered some food, picked it up and off we went to find a table. Only then did we realize how hungry we actually were and enjoyed our food very much.
Tom had ordered the

i-7kKWJV9-L.jpg

Spicy Meatballs with the Chimichurri sauce, fresh herbs, citrus, garlic and olive oil, served with rice pilaf, cucumber salad and pita bread, while I had ordered the

i-4mffLKS-L.jpg

Lemon-oregano chicken with Tzatziki, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt served with rice pilaf, cucumber salad and pita bread.
The servings were quite huge and I was not able to finish my plate.
After lunch we strolled the park for a while before we decided to take another break and have a drink.

i-9ZzdqJS-L.jpg

i-jKb58Rd-L.jpg

Once we had cooled down a bit and had chatted for quite a while we decided to change parks and head over the Disneyland Park.

i-sbzCj46-L.jpg

Alison pointed out a few things that we had overlooked previously and soon we found ourselves heading to New Orleans Square for another drink.

i-kcWVbDK-XL.jpg

i-dG8NVZS-L.jpg

i-qTFKPPw-L.jpg

i-ZCJRT9T-L.jpg

We were quickly led to a nice table.

To be continued ....

New trip report for our 2018 vacation has started

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - 32 days of fun and friends

I can’t get enough pictures of Carsland, it is too cute for words! Food looks quite delicious.

Ooh, this was a wonderful surprise in my notifications today!!

Thank you for sticking with me for all that time. :goodvibes It has been a long time I've neglected this TR, but this was such a fun trip, it deserves a FULL TR. ::yes::

I can’t get enough pictures of Carsland, it is too cute for words! Food looks quite delicious.

We loved it there. There was SO much to discover and the ride is just THE BEST!!! Food was yummy too. :goodvibes

fun day!!!

It definitely was! :thumbsup2

This is the worst thing I could have done, read your trip report, one week before my WDW vacation, which has been planned for over a year. I now want to cancel all my plans and book everything you did on this trip!

Im on page 12 and can not wait for tomorrow nights reading :) Sadly I have work tomorrow and need to get to bed. It will be hard to not sneak some breaks in at the office and read a few more "chapters" during the day. I have also jotted the # for booking the Iluminations viewing on the boat! Hopefully they will have some availability during my stay. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into every post. Im enjoying it so much like I was right there with you (except the days you got the last spot in the parking lots! I just imagined you dropped me off at the tram :) !!)

Edit...called Disney today, no availability for the fireworks cruise :(

Last edited:
Got home from work and straight to the laptop! Just finished page 13 and saw some things on your signature stating "Dont forget to open the Christmas Calendars". I clicked on the Food one and then carefully thought about which number to choose. My BDay? Kids BDays? Today? I decided on my favorite number, 11. Clicked on it and....

:rotfl2: then laughed for 2 minutes!!!

OK, Ill be patient and wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts