Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

Summer 2017 planning

i-sXWZtd3-L.jpg

Day 17

After the late night the day before we will for sure sleep in and then just pick up some Beach Club Marketplace breakfast to bring back to our room.

i-L3vGR3j-M.jpg

Then around 10am we will head over to Epcot for some rides and snacking around Food & Wine.

i-n3K9TMG-M.jpg

i-f6q8Hxx-M.jpg

In the afternoon we will take a Friendship to DHS where we have FP+ for
Toy Story Mania and
Tower of Terror

i-TMDfmDT-M.jpg

i-KbVntP4-M.jpg

Once we have said our goodbyes to the studios we will then take a boat back to the Yacht and Beach Club for a little downtime.

Around 5pm we will head over (Minnie Van?) to the Contemporary Hotel for dinner at The Wave

i-FBxsCms-M.jpg

i-ZjRqShR-M.jpg

before heading over to the Magic Kingdom for the third of our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties.

i-2wJGBD3-M.jpg

This time we will be on our own, so we added another little twist. We will attend a Happy Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party.

i-zrfT4pT-M.jpg

i-Pg2BfZq-M.jpg

and lateron we will watch the second run of the parade

i-Nmr4qdZ-M.jpg

and do some trick or treating and even have character photos taken and all of that in between riding our favourite rides.

Day 18

And another late night requires some sleeping in the next day. So after some CS breakfast

i-P9DFX3z-M.jpg

we will follow the habit and head over to Epcot. Once World Showcase opens we will try to go on with our quest of eating at as many of the booths as possible.

i-fdB99sw-M.jpg

At 12.15 we will interrupt our food extravaganza to go to a Culinary Demonstration - beef today.
And after that we should be able to taste a little more before getting on the Monorail over to the Magic Kingdom

i-mp7cLBk-M.jpg

where we have a FP+ for
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Peter Pan and
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
We also hope to fit in some other rides

i-jPmVgCB-S.jpg

before stakeing out a spot to view the fireworks one last time before we have to go home. (Should the crowds be too big, we will be watching from BLT)

i-WMwXwwH-M.jpg

Day 19

Time to say goodbye. Bell services will take care of our luggage and hold it until the afternoon after we will have had a nice breakfast and then we will head over to Epcot for half a day of fun.
We have FP+ for
Spaceship Earth and
Soarin

i-CshRZtc-M.jpg

and maybe we can fit in one or two other rides as well, before for a last time this year we will snack around the Food & Wine booths

i-KMdVTg2-M.jpg

i-Gpf74dF-L.jpg

i-ZxcKHH7-M.jpg

until it will be time to return to the resort in the mid afternoon, pick up our luggage and head to the airport

i-s7X6S3B-M.jpg

where our plane will leave shortly after 8pm

i-4L6tQHR-M.jpg

We will return home mid afternoon on day 19. That's when all the planning for NEXT year's vacation is going to start. :rotfl2:

And now on with my current trip report ..........
where have we been?
Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!

Karin, this sounds like another fabulous trip for 2017! I hope you will have an amazing time with so many new experiences lined up - as well as old friends! How wonderful that you can take part in one of the DVC events. Those are really very nice benefits. I thoroughly enjoyed the MK party in February and thought it was so nice to be able to share it with some local friends, just as you are planning to do.

Yes, I am a member of so many blogs and publications and when this vacation came to life, I started paying closer attention and a lot of new things and experiences popped up. So looking forward to it now.

So many fun new things!

Yes, just one ADR each ......... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: But we soon started adding on and on and on.
We have been to Jiko several times, last summer we went on that Wanjama Safari and that included a family style dinner at Jiko. And it made me want to go back there, but since it is so out of the way at AKL it never crossed my mind. Only when the discount came up I went and had a look if it would fit somewhere and yip, one day we are at AK in the late afternoon, early evening and I was able to snag the ADR. Very happy bunny here. :hyper:

There are so many yummy places and too little time! I went over to Disney Springs last week and there are so many new places I want to try! Not to mention all my old favorites popcorn:: I thought I had remembered you did the Wanyama Safari. That's high on my list of favorite things we've ever done. Glad it you were able to add Jiko to the list :)

Yes, those end dates came very suddenly! We rode the GMR last summer and I am happy we did, but we have not been on Ellen in years. I used to fall asleep, as it was always so nice and cool and dark in there. :rotfl2:And I feel the same way about taking out rides - they are classics, why not leave them and add on to the park - there is not much at DHS anyway at the moment.

Exactly! HS is so limited right now. I don't know how long their contract goes with Turner Classic Movies, maybe it ends that day, but its a shame. That was a fun ride.

We hadn't done Ellen in years either but I was pulled to go last year and it was even better than I remembered. Great dinosaurs in there too.

I sure hope they did show up lateron. I just paid a year's subscription with my new provider. Been very happy so far and I tried it today on three of our computers and the photos do show up there.

They all showed up on my phone this morning, and they look great! The event that goes all around the monorail resorts sounds interesting.

Thank you! This is the first DVC event we are able to visit. To say we are excited about it would be an understatement. :laughing: I really hope that Michelle and her family will be able to join us. Her husband had surgery on his spine and while it took away his back pains he now suffers from terrible headaches. :scared1:

Oh that's so sad :sad1: I hope he starts feeling better soon, that is awful.

We did a DVC event at TL a couple years ago and it was sooooooo fun!!! I'm sure yours will be awesome :cool1: they really go above and beyond.

The treats at the halloween dessert party look mouthwatering popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

The F & W is so yummy as well!!! I'm thinking mom and I will get there a little early September 1 so we can eat lunch at the kiosks and still have room for dinner. She's never been and I know she'll love it! They had some booths open at Christmas and she had a lot of fun trying different things.

Wow...you have so many fun and extra special experiences planned. That private monorail tour with bites and drinks at each resort looks fantastic...if I didn't have my 11 year old with me on my upcoming trip I would want to do that one for sure...also that AP special evening at AK looks fabulous too!! I love that you have so many days to try so many different things!! And also really settle in to your resorts with a long enough stay at each one!!

Karin, I was behind and only scanned your plans...but I just wanted to let you know my experience with Happily Ever After. The first time we tried to see it, it was insanely crowded and at 830ish they were sending everyone up front via back stage to find a spot. We ended up skipping it. I then went for the dessert party so I could get a spot for our next try. The parks were less crowded this day, but for us, the dessert party and special seating was totally worth it. They have most of the up front viewing for parties and fastpasses.

But the show is AMAZING!!!!!

happily10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Karin, this sounds like another fabulous trip for 2017! I hope you will have an amazing time with so many new experiences lined up - as well as old friends!

Thank you! We are very much looking forward to it. :goodvibes

How wonderful that you can take part in one of the DVC events. Those are really very nice benefits. I thoroughly enjoyed the MK party in February and thought it was so nice to be able to share it with some local friends, just as you are planning to do.

I could not believe that there would be a DVC event during the time we are actually there. I have read a lot about them, but this was just such a nice surprise. And we really hope Michelle and Vito will feel up to it.

They all showed up on my phone this morning, and they look great! The event that goes all around the monorail resorts sounds interesting.

Thank goodness! You had me worried there for a moment - well actually until I had checked three of our computers and they were all there. :rotfl2:
The Highway in the Sky peaked my interest from the moment I first read about it. But it took so long until they decided to add on more dates and then the dates were in the system, but it would not let you book. Well, it worked out in the end and we are really looking forward to it.

We did a DVC event at TL a couple years ago and it was sooooooo fun!!! I'm sure yours will be awesome :cool1: they really go above and beyond.

We are so excited about it. Hoping for Michelle to be able to join. Not only for our sake, but they really deserve something special now and then. ;) Did I tell you that their son got engaged at the MK during Wishes?

The F & W is so yummy as well!!! I'm thinking mom and I will get there a little early September 1 so we can eat lunch at the kiosks and still have room for dinner. She's never been and I know she'll love it! They had some booths open at Christmas and she had a lot of fun trying different things.

Depending on when we can get off the ship and traffic we will most likely be at the YC between 10 and 11. I guess I'll just send you a text and we can get together before our Culinary Demo if you want to. Our first time at F&W as well. Never thought we would be able to make it there before I retire. :hyper:

Wow...you have so many fun and extra special experiences planned.

Thank you! We are so looking forward to all of it.

That private monorail tour with bites and drinks at each resort looks fantastic...if I didn't have my 11 year old with me on my upcoming trip I would want to do that one for sure...also that AP special evening at AK looks fabulous too!!

It sounded really interesting and fun ..... took a long time stalking the site until I was able to book it, so I really look forward to it now.

I love that you have so many days to try so many different things!! And also really settle in to your resorts with a long enough stay at each one!!

And this is a short vacation for us :rotfl: but you are right, having more time is a blessing. And we love BC and YC - GF is a new one for us.

Karin, I was behind and only scanned your plans...but I just wanted to let you know my experience with Happily Ever After.

Welcome back, Jen! Well, that vacation went by quickly. Thanks for sharing your experience.

The first time we tried to see it, it was insanely crowded and at 830ish they were sending everyone up front via back stage to find a spot. We ended up skipping it. I then went for the dessert party so I could get a spot for our next try. The parks were less crowded this day, but for us, the dessert party and special seating was totally worth it. They have most of the up front viewing for parties and fastpasses.

That's what I was so worried about, huge crowds, so I am really looking forward to the dessert party and being able to just sit back and enjoy while nibbling on yummy stuff.

Thank goodness! You had me worried there for a moment - well actually until I had checked three of our computers and they were all there. :rotfl2:

I'm sure its because my computer is ancient and was being persnickety. I have needed a new one for years but extra money seems to always go to vacation.

The Highway in the Sky peaked my interest from the moment I first read about it. But it took so long until they decided to add on more dates and then the dates were in the system, but it would not let you book. Well, it worked out in the end and we are really looking forward to it.

Oh my! Glad it all worked out. That would have driven me crazy.

We are so excited about it. Hoping for Michelle to be able to join. Not only for our sake, but they really deserve something special now and then. ;) Did I tell you that their son got engaged at the MK during Wishes?

How romantic! :love: I hope if I ever get engaged he'll do something special like that.

Depending on when we can get off the ship and traffic we will most likely be at the YC between 10 and 11. I guess I'll just send you a text and we can get together before our Culinary Demo if you want to. Our first time at F&W as well. Never thought we would be able to make it there before I retire. :hyper:

Of course we'll want to see you if there's time before your demo :) Or if that's pushing it we can be waiting for you when the demo is done. You're going to love F & W! I haven't looked at what they're having yet but fingers are crossed for the nitro chocolate truffle popcorn::

I let myself get so behind! I had to go back and read all the updates I missed, then "like" them, and now here I am! Your plans (including changes) look excellent. And all your food pictures from the cruises and WDW are making me hungry and envious! Sorry to hear about you missing out on Trader Sam's. And I absolutely hear you about the long distance phone calls!! I'm sure it's worse for you, but it's bad enough from Canada, so I've started buying international calling cards for all my Disney calls.

Have a wonderful vacation! Everyday sounds exciting. Dessert party looks yummy.

Thank you! We are really looking forward to it all. :hyper:

I let myself get so behind! I had to go back and read all the updates I missed, then "like" them, and now here I am!

Tell me about falling behind. ;) Glad to have you back.

Your plans (including changes) look excellent. And all your food pictures from the cruises and WDW are making me hungry and envious!

Hm, yes, somehow a lot of food always creeps in. Sorry for making you hungry - not my intent (well, not in the first place) ;) :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear about you missing out on Trader Sam's. And I absolutely hear you about the long distance phone calls!! I'm sure it's worse for you, but it's bad enough from Canada, so I've started buying international calling cards for all my Disney calls.

In the end it was okay, we had a backup plan for the tastings and we will now have a champagne tasting instead.
The phone calls are something else. I don't mind being on hold for a certain amount of time, but can't a company like Disney not employ an extra shift when they know that they will be swamped? And as far as calling cards - I am not even sure they sell them here any more. :confused3 Thankfully I used our landline, cheaper than cell, but still ....... not looking forward to the bill. :scared1:

Your upcoming trip sounds just amazing! I love all the extra things that you pack into your days :)

Thank you! Given from what we started out with, it came together really nicely. Especially once some of those special events started to appear. :goodvibes

Real life update:

It's been some kind of a day ............

Started out with me receiving an email from Photobucket. I guess many of you will remember my rant about it a little while ago. I had then researched and read that they would leave PRO accounts open until Dec 2018. Well, I guess I was mistaken. The email today said that they would "grandfather" the account until the end of the current subscription, which in my case is mid September. They offer to give you six months free but then you have to change to their $399 account, which I will not do what so ever. Now, my former idea had been to just pay the 25$ Pro account for one more year to save time until the photos would be gone from my TRs, but not for $399.
So this morning I tried to download the folders of THIS TR (which will be the only one I am going to save) to upload the photos to my new provider and relink them (all 1200 of them!) Guess what ........ photobucket has technical issues (what else is new) and you cannot download whole folders. So, then Tom and I got together and downloaded all photos one by one. What a tedious deed! Took us quite some time. My mood was not the best.
So once this was done I remembered that we had ordered some things from Amazon. We had checked and they were supposed to be delivered yesterday. Well, sometimes they just don't deliver on the promised day, so after playing with photobucket I checked again and guess what - I had a note that our package had been delivered to a holding shop across town, because no one had been at home - well, or so it said. We had been at home all day!! Now that got me really going. I called and was just told that they believed their driver and we had to go get it from the shop. No second delivery until we paid for it again. Not a happy bunny I was and I let the lady know. So what to do ........ I turned to social media and posted on their FB page. Would you believe it, but someone actually answered and after a few PMs were exchanged (over a 5 hour period) they finally gave in and the driver has to come again tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, if I am not home, I wouldn't even think about calling them out, but not ringing the bell AND not leaving a note on where to get the package really infuriated me. So we will see how it goes tomorrow.
This afternoon I relinked the first 4 days of the TR and will relink more tomorrow. But my other unfinished TRs I won't finish. I cannot relink all the photos already posted and there is no reason to just now change to a new provider when they are nearly finished.

Sorry for the long rant, but I feel much better now.

So, here you have it ........ another day in the life. And I should have done a lot of other things today ...........

and

btw

we leave for the US in 4 weeks exactly .......... 28 days, time is gonna fly.

That photobucket nonsense is just too much! Very very disappointing. I can't imagine anyone will pay $399, are they wanting to shut down their site? It's just a ludicrous amount to ask for.

And then that Amazon business! Well done for chasing the matter down. They didn't even try to deliver it.

How incredibly frustrating!! We had a similar issue with a delivery recently, and it's such a pain!!! But yay for getting so close to your departure!!

I hope you finally got your package!

Your trip sounds so lovely (they always do!) I can't imagine spending that long away from home. Have a great time getting ready!

28 day dance!!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

2 and a half hours left to 26 days. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That photobucket nonsense is just too much! Very very disappointing. I can't imagine anyone will pay $399, are they wanting to shut down their site? It's just a ludicrous amount to ask for.

I think this was not really thought through. I guess many of us would have paid a little more to keep our photos where they are right now, but that outragous price is not for me. :sad2:

And then that Amazon business! Well done for chasing the matter down. They didn't even try to deliver it.

Ah, those things drive me round the bend. :rotfl2:It's not that I can't easily go and pick it up myself, but you pay for the service and they don't even try to deliver. Well, today it was delivered - to our front door. :rotfl:

How incredibly frustrating!! We had a similar issue with a delivery recently, and it's such a pain!!! But yay for getting so close to your departure!!

I just had to vent - it really got to me. Not that I would not be able to pick it up when making a grocery run, but I just can't stand it if something like that happens.
Yes, we are all getting close to departure date. And as every year ......... I am so NOT prepared. :rotfl2: Wanting to go - YES, prepared - NO! :rotfl:

I hope you finally got your package!

I did. They delivered it this morning. And I felt good about it. :laughing:

Your trip sounds so lovely (they always do!) I can't imagine spending that long away from home. Have a great time getting ready!

Thank you, Alison. I am now quite happy with it, even though it turned out completely different from what we had planned in the beginning. ::yes:: And we are so looking forward to getting together with so many friends again.

i-65sPjvk-XL.jpg

Day 17, August 19

So much to do, so little time! - Part 3

We lay on the beds, with the curtains drawn back so we could watch the Bellagio Fountains for quite a while.
Around 6pm we got ready to head out to dinner. We both love Bubba Gump and we had discovered one just a little way up the road. A few minutes later we made our way through the Casino and out onto the Strip and started walking towards our destination. It was still pretty hot and the restaurant felt further away than it actually was, but we finally made it. It’s on the second floor, so we took the elevator up, signed in and were led to a table.
And after being given the spiel on how to use the signs we were left to have a look at the menu. We did not take long to decide and soon Tom had order a Diet Coke, while I had gone for an old favourite the

i-DTspJFx-XL.jpg

Strawberry Speckled Lemonade. We sat and chatted and talked about the drive we had ahead of us the next day and the days that we would spend at Disneyland and the friends we were going to meet for the first time and spend time with. But it did not take long and soon our starter, the

i-n945KPS-L.jpg

Cajun Shrimp, to be delivered to our table and just a few minutes later, we had barely started eating, our mains made it to the table. Tom had ordered the

i-McmNqz6-L.jpg

Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi, Charbroiled Cajun spiced Mahi Mahi with Bourbon Sauce and Grilled Shrimp, served over Mashed Potatoes, which he had had before and had really liked and I had my all time favourite, the

i-Nj6Jf9k-L.jpg

Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp, Hand dipped in flakey coconut, served with Cajun Marmalade and Fries, which are so good. We took our sweet time to enjoy our food and after we finally paid our bill we headed outside again.
By now it had gotten dark and we strolled back to our hotel to return to our hotel room.

i-pNMkCmc-XL.jpg

We did not stay long, just long enough for a bathroom break and to pick up our tickets. Tickets in the bag we headed over to the Monorail, which was quite the hike, but once we were on the Monorail it was just a short ride and we had reached our destination, the High Roller.

i-LL6DZx7-XL.jpg

We picked the wrong exit and had to do a bit of a detour, but soon we had made it to the main entrance and were stunned.
I had purchased our tickets online while still at home and now we were very happy we had as the line for tickets was out the door and up the street. When we got to the entrance we asked security if we had to get in line, but they just waved us inside and we bypassed the line and headed right up to where you can have your picture taken, but since we didn’t want one we just proceeded to where you get on board.

i-gBKNH96-L.jpg

i-sGRHk7v-L.jpg

i-TmcdmFT-L.jpg

There was a short line and after two capsules were loaded it was our turn to get on with a bunch of other people. Having been on the London Eye numerous times, we knew how slow these wheels move, so we found a seat and waited until we got higher up.
Once we were about the quarter way point most of us got up and started enjoying the view and taking photos.

i-G8PCkwT-L.jpg

i-VH6Qw2k-L.jpg

i-PF8VtQz-L.jpg

It was really interesting to see all the lights and casinos from above and we walked from side to side. It was so interesting to see the view change all the time while we gained height.

i-dkxwDQR-L.jpg

i-zQZgXSq-L.jpg

i-5msTv97-L.jpg

i-M7hSqPs-L.jpg

i-rbNX6D8-L.jpg

i-N535922-L.jpg

i-f5mqVZG-L.jpg

i-xpjFMNZ-L.jpg

i-6MftTS6-XL.jpg

Once we had gotten to the highest point we moved to the other side and enjoyed the view on this side. People were moving back and forth to take in all the views and it was so worth the money to have that bird’s eye view. Soon we made it back to the ground and had to get off.

i-FTWhQG3-L.jpg

i-78JtWcn-L.jpg

i-Z5G7J3M-L.jpg

i-F8jFrBK-L.jpg

i-bGQRRS5-L.jpg

i-xs6k5R5-XL.jpg

We walked through the casino and deliberated if we should take the monorail back to our hotel, but then decided to walk as there was one more geocache that Tom wanted to get to. So we walked up to the strip,

i-Jbb5CS3-L.jpg

then headed to Caesar’s Palace for the geocache,

i-c9SHhSK-L.jpg

i-gvGGQVc-XL.jpg

which he easily found and then we strolled along the Strip back to the Paris Las Vegas.

i-6DLn7Hd-L.jpg

i-WBgtdN4-XL.jpg

i-j4ZK5Dt-L.jpg

i-PKNBqpV-XL.jpg

Back in the room we packed up our stuff and then I checked my email. The Paris only lets you log in 1 device at a time, so since Tom needed it for his geocaches and I did not have any urgent things to do, it was his phone that was connected to the internet. Once he had locked out I registered my computer and looked at my email. There were quite a lot and I glanced at them, but didn’t really want to look in detail, so we just left it for the next day. We just left everything on the desk, put the luggage to the door area and then laid down on the beds to watch some TV and around midnight we drifted off to sleep.

To be continued ....

Dinner looked so yummy!!! They should have waited a little longer to bring out the entrees though...

The High Roller looks so cool, wow! What a gorgeous view! Well done having bought tickets ahead of time and not having to wait in that long line. I keep putting off buying tickets for the Queen Mary but I guess I should in case something like that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!