Some park updates, maps and pics!

I’ve never seen a map with stroller parking on it. However, there is parking all over. And even if you can’t find the designated parking, a CM will most likely spot your stroller and move it for you. We had a lot of fun looking for a stroller after parking it even in the designated spots because they routinely move them around to make more room.
Fun! Like a scavenger hunt....

So suppose we wanted to ride Peter Pan first on our first day and have never been to Disneyland before. Where would we look for the quickest stroller parking?

So suppose we wanted to ride Peter Pan first on our first day and have never been to Disneyland before. Where would we look for the quickest stroller parking?
The stroller parking is currently to the left of Peter Pan (if walking through the castle) past Snow White

We have a city select tandem double. I was worried it would be close to the max limits when bringing it but really is necessary for our two toddlers around nap time (since they can both lay down and sleep in it). For the most part we are only pushing it to each land and then park it while we explore. We were stopped at least once each day at either toy story lot or outside security to “test” our stroller. It fit easily in the rectangle they’ve painted on the floors. We were more worried about length than width. We saw a lot of double wide strollers that looked like they wouldn’t fit in those boxes. I’m surprised some of them got through!

Thanks again to Rob for the park maps! We had a great trip, but it was ridiculously packed! We found out real quick that our 40” toddler did not like rides, but instead preferred the shows and characters. So that changed our plans drastically but we figured it out in the end even though it made the maxpass we purchased kinda useless.

How did you configure your city select? That is what we have but I’m nervous to bring it. Did you have to do anything special to get it under the length limit? I’m nervous because baby jogger said it wasn’t Disney approved

Heading to DL next Sunday and am getting nervous with the parking structure. Is it feeling up early in the morning and thats why everyone is getting sent to Toy Story? Will they let Handicap in even if closed to others? I am staying at Anaheim Majestic Garden which I hear is a doable walk to DTD. Am I better off doing that or taking the shuttle then driving over to the garage?

Thanks for the help

I see posts all the time when people are offering maps? Is this the directory/map that is provided at the turnstiles or something else? And why do people want these - do they just collect them for nostalgia or is there some other purpose. Just wondering.

I see posts all the time when people are offering maps? Is this the directory/map that is provided at the turnstiles or something else? And why do people want these - do they just collect them for nostalgia or is there some other purpose. Just wondering.

I think some people like having the physical map available before the trip because it's a little easier to work with than the online/app map. Really just a matter of personal preference.

The maps change a lot as far as what is on the cover and the daily events. Plus lots of people just want to have something to look at before they go. Especially kids. I do know a few people who collect them.

Heading to DL next Sunday and am getting nervous with the parking structure. Is it feeling up early in the morning and thats why everyone is getting sent to Toy Story? Will they let Handicap in even if closed to others? I am staying at Anaheim Majestic Garden which I hear is a doable walk to DTD. Am I better off doing that or taking the shuttle then driving over to the garage?

Thanks for the help
Hi! If you are staying at the Majestic Garden, there is no reason to drive to the parking area. They have a free shuttle (unusual, most of the hotels with their own shuttles charge like $6 a day). The walk from there is about a mile if you go around by the Harbor entrance, but with the shuttle, why walk? The only reason might be to get there very early for rope drop, (because their first shuttle only leaves the hotel 30 minutes before DLR opening, which puts you in line more like 10-15 minutes before, or longer if security is backed up) in which case you could Uber over, just for that first entrance of the day. Their shuttle drops off/picks up waaayyy down at the end of the Harbor entrance drop off area, next to the entrance-- I only know this because it was the same area, #13, for our hotel, Hyatt Orange) but still much better than fighting the parking garage fiasco.

Hydroguy has an entire thread dedicated to the idea that driving if you don't have to is a big time suck: https://www.disboards.com/threads/hidden-time-losses-when-using-a-car-at-dlr.1381580/

Hi! If you are staying at the Majestic Garden, there is no reason to drive to the parking area. They have a free shuttle (unusual, most of the hotels with their own shuttles charge like $6 a day). The walk from there is about a mile if you go around by the Harbor entrance, but with the shuttle, why walk? The only reason might be to get there very early for rope drop, (because their first shuttle only leaves the hotel 30 minutes before DLR opening, which puts you in line more like 10-15 minutes before, or longer if security is backed up) in which case you could Uber over, just for that first entrance of the day. Their shuttle drops off/picks up waaayyy down at the end of the Harbor entrance drop off area, next to the entrance-- I only know this because it was the same area, #13, for our hotel, Hyatt Orange) but still much better than fighting the parking garage fiasco.

Hydroguy has an entire thread dedicated to the idea that driving if you don't have to is a big time suck: https://www.disboards.com/threads/hidden-time-losses-when-using-a-car-at-dlr.1381580/

Thank you for that information. I have read that the shuttle at Majestic can be three bus deeps sometime waiting to get on so we are thinking of alternative ways to get there for rope drop.

The maps I send are simply the ones that the park distributes for free. People like to have them for a variety of reasons, one of which is to surprise their kids when they tell them they're going to Disneyland :-).

Last edited:
How did you configure your city select? That is what we have but I’m nervous to bring it. Did you have to do anything special to get it under the length limit? I’m nervous because baby jogger said it wasn’t Disney approved
Any way we configured it, it fit in the parameters. There is a rectangle marked on the floor that they will measure your stroller against. We saw a plenty of city select doubles around the park.

Another reason people request maps is for special needs family members. It can be very helpful to use the paper maps to help someone with special needs to prepare for a DLR trip. Then when the trip begins, this person is already somewhat familiar with the parks and what/where things are.

The stroller areas are not marked on maps, but they do have some signs up around the park. In Fantasyland you can park your stroller next to the mad tea party if you go on Alice first or near the Carousel for Peter Pan and those rides. We usually park our stroller and do all the attractions in one area and then use the stroller just to move to the next area. Much simpler than moving it from ride to ride, especially in Fantasyland where the little ones can ride all the rides. Later in the day you can park your strollers near the other 100 in an area.

Reactions: EmJ

We're surprising the grandkids with the trip, so they haven't been involved in the planning, and I think the maps will definitely add to the boys' excitement on the plane trip down.
Many thanks, WonkaKid, for adding just a touch of extra magic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter