Some help with tent camping in April.

megveg

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Hey campers!

I am considering a tent camping trip to the Fort April 21-25 for my first tent camp trip to the Fort. I tent camp regularly around here and the US but I usually have my own car. For this trip, I'd be flying into MCO and hoping to avoid renting a car as the car would just be used to store valuables.

Flying down, I will be sending my tent gear to a friend to have it delivered to my site, but for security while Im in the parks, I was considering a lockable, waterproof chest to attach to the picnic table or the electric post. I wont have many "valuables" mostly just some chargers and my travel docs.

Does this make sense? The plan would be, fly from here in MA to MCO with carry on only (clothing, chargers etc) take DME to the fort, meet my friend with my tent, set it up and put everything Im not taking to a park in the trunk, lock it up and be good.

Im all set with weather, I plan for that always, Im just trying to avoid a rental car for the sake of locking up my stuff while Im in the parks because I wont be driving to parks either way.

is there a locker option? I wont have much stuff but dont want to lug everything to parks just to lock it up.

hellpppppp

Sounds like a plan! I believe there are lockers at the reception check in area. Maybe I just imagined these?!?

I will say locking your goods is a good idea. Five years ago we left iPads and iPhones just lying on the beds of our tents and didn't think twice about it. I sure won't do that with any future trips, I had a blanket A BLANKET stolen from the laundry station this past trip. Who does that? Steal a blanket. Apparently, theft is an actual thing at the Fort these days. I hear more and more reports of theft lately too. Sad.

They do have some lock boxes, they aren't very big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter