Some Disneyland Park fast food questions

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Wow, this trip is more planning than I thought it would be.

Did the Jolly Holiday Bakery take over where Blue Ribbon Bakery used to be? Looking through some older books, I see Blue Ribbon but not Jolly Holiday. It also seems like Blue Ribbon was more like the Main Street Bakery of old at Magic Kingdom with fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Jolly Holiday's menu seems to be sandwiches than baked goods.

Also, it seems that the Village Haus (according to one book) has merged with Red Rose Taverne. Now, again, in older books, Village Haus seemed very similar to its Magic Kingdom counterpart, where the new restaurant seems a bit fancier.

In any case, so far, we have 3 reservations booked:

River Belle Terrace Fantasmic Package
Blue Bayou
Goofy's

Last edited:
Yes, Blue Ribbon is gone and Jolly Holiday took it's place. I used to LOVE Blue Ribbon too, they had the yummiest cinnamon twists. Jolly holiday has pastries and baked goods in the morning for breakfast, than sandwiches in the afternoons. You can find the menu here:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/jolly-holiday-bakery-cafe/menus/breakfast/

It is more dessert focussed, with a few muffins. No cinnamon rolls, sadly :(

And yes, Village Haus has become Red Rose Tavern... it's not fancy, per se. It's just burgers and stuff.

I wouldn't call Red Rose Tavern fancy but it’s cute and has pretty tasty food options. Plus I enjoy the Beauty and the Beast music. They serve breakfast now too.

Blue Ribbon Bakery became a indoor section for Carnation Cafe. Doubled the seating there. Then the AP processing center down the street was revamped to be the Jolly Holiday Bakery. (So it is down the block from where Blue Ribbon Bakery was.) They serve lunch type meals, pastries, etc. Most of what you would find at Blue Ribbon are still available thru out the park.

Village Haus became Red Rose Tavern. Not fancier. Food is better than it used to be (thank goodness...)

NOT "butchered" at all!! Jolly Holiday is quite GOOD with lots of bakery items.....yummmm....Matterhorn macaroons, Mickey macarons, and many more goodies..... sandwiches are good, too. All-in-all a nice lunch or lite dinner spot with a great view.

I thought I was going crazy about the location of the Blue Ribbon until I read Malcon10t's post! ;)

I do miss those cinnamon rolls, but Jolly Holiday is great! When I had to follow a super strict diet (nursing a baby who was allergic to everything), they went out of their way to make me yummy food.

Not to mention delicious gingerbread men at Christmas time and my all-time favorite treat, Matterhorn Macaroons! I remember when I used to have to try and track them down at Whitewater Snacks, of all places.

This time, aside from a near daily macaroon, I can't wait to try a raspberry Mickey Macaron at Jolly Holiday! Looks so good... macarons are one of my favorite treats.

Red Rose Tavern is at the top of our list try list... I can't wait to see if their poutine is as good as mine and I am looking forward to finally trying the grey stuff!

Just a heads up, the (very delicious) macarons at Jolly Holiday are huge! They are the equivilent of about 3-4 regular macarons.

Thanks for that. Sounds like they butchered it just like at the Magic Kingdom.
Both are on my list of top counter service eateries and I would say both are better than the places they replaced, especially RRT. Of course, tastes vary so some will likely disagree.

Both are on my list of top counter service eateries and I would say both are better than the places they replaced, especially RRT. Of course, tastes vary so some will likely disagree.
Blue Ribbon Bakery was just as good as Jolly Holiday. The advantage to JH is they are larger so can offer more (which they do) and the seating! Blue Ribbon's only seating was in Gibson Girl, so extremely limited.

The Red rose Taverne is much better than the old Village Haus in my opinion.
It’s a GREAT place to have an in park breakfast.
Eggs, bacon, yummy potatoes. Boys had pancakes with eggs and bacon Food was very very tasty and the atmosphere was very special in the am.

Jolly Holiday does have cinnamon rolls. Whether or not they're as good as the ones that used to be at Blue Ribbon or the Main Street Bakery in WDW, I don't know because I haven't tried the Jolly Holiday ones. But they do have them.

Jolly Holiday does have cinnamon rolls. Whether or not they're as good as the ones that used to be at Blue Ribbon or the Main Street Bakery in WDW, I don't know because I haven't tried the Jolly Holiday ones. But they do have them.

I'll have to check it out. I know the Coffee Shop at the DLH has cinnamon rolls too. I'm a cinnamon roll nut. The ones that used to be served at Main Street Bakery were the best. They serve a similar one at Gastons in Fantasyland but they're not quite the same.

They also have them at the stand across from Haunted Mansion. We often get one to share for Fantasmic!

They have cinnamon rolls as mentioned. I think Pacific Wharf Cafe at DCA does too. The Jolly Holiday is a nice little place. They have soup too with grilled cheese. We always eat outside, but I believe there is indoor seating too.

They have cinnamon rolls as mentioned. I think Pacific Wharf Cafe at DCA does too. The Jolly Holiday is a nice little place. They have soup too with grilled cheese. We always eat outside, but I believe there is indoor seating too.

No indoor seating at JH.

No indoor seating....

The Red rose Taverne is much better than the old Village Haus in my opinion.
It’s a GREAT place to have an in park breakfast.
Eggs, bacon, yummy potatoes. Boys had pancakes with eggs and bacon Food was very very tasty and the atmosphere was very special in the am.
627A121E-911C-4239-9D58-4FA6DD3C1C93.jpeg

Jolly Holiday is among my favorites. Really pleasant terrace outside to eat and the food is decent.

Also, I'd only plan in this much detail if it makes you happy. I consider Disneyland to be a lot more spur-of-the-moment decision making myself, but it's totally up to you how detailed you want to get. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter