some concerns(kinda long)

Bobrow

Mouseketeer
It's 2 weeks to go for me and my family and I'm starting to get worried that something is going to ruin our plans!(Paranoia). Eight years ago,2 wks before we were about to leave i almost miscarried my 3rd son and we had to cancel. I was put on bed rest. My biggest concern was that I was missing my trip to Disney(I'm alittle obsesed With WDW) The good news was we all got to go the following year. Anyway here are some of my concerns. That same son has asthma and allergies which are for some reason very bad this summer. Has anyone experienced bad allergy attacks in Fla.? Also I haven't heard much about West Nile in fla.,it seems like its hitting harder in other states. Whats the story there. Sorry for the length,just don't want anything to happen!

I have allergies and asthma and both seem to be much better down there! I bring my inhaler and I never end up using it.

I know everyone's different but you've got to think positive!

Good luck!:D

Yeah, I get allergies, BAD ones wherever I go. If I leave my house to sleep somewhere else, doesn't matter where it is, I wake up congested with my eyes swelled up and shut.

I don't think that my allergies were too bad in Florida, but I'm sure they acted up, they always do! ;)

Nothing that a quick hit of the inhaler, overdose on the allegra and nasonex couldn't fix!

2 asthmatic girls in our family!!! Took them both at 9months and 2/12 and 4. They did fine. We went in the fall when the heat and humitity weren't as bad. It was still as bad as our summers up here, when they too have trouble (it's actually the humidity that triggers it I have been told).

Just take you meds with you, you'll be fine!!!

I haven't heard any thing of west nile in FL either.

My DS & I too have allergies & asthma. When we went to WDW in May I actually felt better than I did at home. just take your inhalers & meds & it should all be okay

Ok,Ihad a near miss today! That same 3rd son who postponed my Disney trip,had a video game machine fall on his legs today! Thank God it was a small one and his legs are only bruised! Now you know why I'm so paranoid!

oh my goodness...shew!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed the next few days are incident free!!!!

Remind me when you get back to tell you about my friend who's son broke his leg as they were GETTING IN THE CAR to leave for a 2 week reunion trip last summer:rolleyes:

OK,I am jinxed! When son would not stop crying I brought him to ER waiting for them to tell me leg is just bruised,as I had suspected,WRONG,he has a broken tibia! I'm still in shock and will be asking on these boards for advice and such so bear with me.I am going to get a cast that is fiber glasswith a gortex lining,it can get wet. Did that with #2 son when he broke his leg 1 week before vacation to beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter