Some Booking Surprises

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Well, I was trying to decide between HHI for next summer and WDW for next fall. I decided to call MS and see what was available to help me decide. I was shocked with the results!

I was trying for a 2 BR at HHI for July 3, 4, and 5. It's a few days before the 7-month booking window, and with so many 2 BRs, I figured it would be possible even though it was a holiday. Well, no such luck. They had one for the 3rd and 5th, but not the 4th. What was crazy was they had a 1 BR! Those are nearly impossible to get less than 11 months out for the summer, and I would assume a holiday would make it even more difficult.

So I thought I would check on a 2 BR Value at AKV for Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. I know these are so hard to get, but I thought I would try. Can you believe it??? It was available. I booked it on the spot. Now as long as I can get a 2 BR at VWL at 7 months out for the next 3 nights, I will be good. I'm not sure I want to book at AKV yet since I would have to borrow points. I want to make sure I can get VWL before I commit to the trip. We have been wanting to stay at VWL for a long time. Did I make the right decision?

My guess is that at 7 months exactly, you'll get the 2 bedroom at VWL. I hope you get it.
My family will be at HHI, and I have a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom booked for the time period you asked for. I had booked a 2 bedroom and a studio at 11 months, but now our DS has announced that they will be bringing a baby with them, I got them the 1 bedroom around a month ago. I thought they would appreciate the extra space and the washer/drier right in the room with the baby. I was surprised and so pleased that it was available.

There are more 1BRs than 2BRs at HHI so they are always harder to get there.

It's just the opposite. There are actually 76 dedicated 2-BRs and only 21 1-BRs at HHI. It's always easier to get a 2-BR than a 1-BR. But as I found out, not for the 4th of July! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!