• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some bad news today....

eeyoresmountainpals

<font color="green">Volunteer Firefighter and Mom
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: I called today to see if we had a code or pin attached to our name and I found that we didn't. (Didn't expect to :confused3 )

Also, mentioned that last year we had gotten in on an advertised special that we had seen on tv that was for seven nights when you pay for 5. (Don't remember the exact promotion name.) The woman that I was talking with said that she had heard that they would "definitely" not be doing a promo like that this year. She said that they had been told there would be very few discounts this year due to the 50th Anniversary Celebration. :sad2:

This is the second time someone at WDW reservations has told me this. I guess we aren't going to keep holding our breath!

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I'm hoping all the 50th ann. hype will bring the crowds in early (may & june) leaving Disney to think about offering more discounts come summer and fall. If no discounts come out I guess I won't worry too much about planning until next year.

Honestly, I don't "get" what's so special about the 50th... they decorated the castle in gold and changed a few shows :confused3

That is sad new to me too.

We did the Fairy Tale Package in 2003(pay for 4 stay for 7) and then last year did the Free Magic Days(pay for 5 stay for 7).

That was the only was we could afford for our family of 7 to stay a whole week at WDW - Ft. W cabins.

I keep saying that we are skipping this summer. Now it really looksl like we will not be going.
Oh well, maybe next year.

There is always the AAA rate that you can get. I was told by a couple CM's that while other discounts aren't a given for next year, there will be a AAA discount as there has always been. To me, 10-20% off a night which could be $50-$75 off a night, that isn't anything to sneeze at.

I think this year Disney has so heavily marketed trips to WDW with the new MYW tickets and a family of four for $1500, magical express and commercial after commercial that they may not need to offer discounts. We have not gone to WDW in 6 years and had planned on this being the "year". For me the airline tickets are the killer....right now from where we live $400 round trip for 4 may just be a no go.
Hopefully come fall or summer they will offer a little extra incentive.

Be sure to make sure you are on the Disney list for e-mails and postcards. You never know when you might receive one for a discount.

I don't get the big 50th celebration either. Maybe it has to do with the advertising. I asked how long the celebration was, and they said 18 months, which means the end of 2006, ug.

I agree about the 50th. We were there at Easter while they were previewing and it's not all that great. Castle is nice, parade is OK, Soarin is interesting (but just another ride). Does that explain why they think they will have sell out crowds all year? We go each year, but can honestly say that without reasonable room rates and discounts we plan on skipping a few years.

Obviously hundreds of thousands of guests think this celebration is a big deal...we are looking at big crowds over the next few months!

Tracy

WDWRC said:
Obviously hundreds of thousands of guests think this celebration is a big deal...we are looking at big crowds over the next few months!

Tracy

I hate to hear it... we are going in June to go to Disney...it has nothing to do with the 50th. This is where having an AP comes in hand..

Duds

I think the "celebrations" always bring in the crowds at first but I think after summer it will slow down again. We were planning on going this summer but due to no room discounts we decided against it. We've paid rack rates many times but just cant do it right now so we are going to wait to see if any discounts are released for this fall. Our trip would not be for the 50th celebration and I bet for a lot of people that is not the reason for their trip either, many people were probably able to take advantage of package Disney was offering.

I did a little test on the DW site over the weekend. I found that I would have a choice of all resorts booking for a two week period beginning July 4th. So we are def. not in a sold out situation. Going in July, hoping for AP rates but have AAA just in case.

MagicKingdom05 said:
There is always the AAA rate that you can get. I was told by a couple CM's that while other discounts aren't a given for next year, there will be a AAA discount as there has always been. To me, 10-20% off a night which could be $50-$75 off a night, that isn't anything to sneeze at.

Jason, I know you already know this, but I'm mentioning this for those who don't.

The AAA rates are subject to availability - meaning some dates are not not available at all, and some resorts and room types might sell out quickly. There is always the chance that more rooms will open up if people cancel, but I would be cautious about counting on AAA discounts as a backup if you haven't booked them yet. When in doubt, call as soon as you know you want to go for your best chance.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter