• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solos doing backstage tours

Miss Mickey Mania

I love ALL parts of Florida!
With this being my first solo trip, I was thinking of doing a couple of backstage tours. I thought it would be a good opportunity.

I like the sound of Undiscovered Future World, and Keys to the Kingdom.

Have any other solo travellers done any tours? Did you feel comfortable in a small group like that? Were you able to mix at snack breaks?

Ive never been solo (never been...) but I have two days solo in June. My first day and last day and I was planning on doing Keys to the Kingdom on my last day so I wont be so alone and it seems like a good "last thing" to do. I am excited!
-K

Yep, I did Keys to the Kingdom as a solo. Didn't feel out of place at all; people where generally friendly, both walking around and at the lunch they provided, I got to talk to the CM while everyone else was making comments to family/friends, etc. I had a blast.

I done many tours solo - Undiscovered Future World, Treasures of World Showcase, Keys to the Kingdom, Behind the scenes at Animal Kingdom Tour (forget the name!), and SteamTrain Tour. All were just fine as a solo. The only possible situation that I can think of that could be awkward is in the Keys to the Kingdom Tour - it has a sit-down meal, but they assign seats at tables before you get there, so you are not alone. Each time I ate, the CM Tour Guide sat with me along with two other people. :)

So go for it - the tours are alot of fun! :)

I have done several tours solo, and I've always found plenty of nice folks to chat with. When I did the Backstage Magic tour in December, there were three other women there alone, so we spent quite a bit of time chatting throughout the day.

If you can swing the money, I highly recommend the Backstage Magic tour. It was fantastic. It was really neat going to the storage warehouses, the central shops building, and the Disney florist. You get to see some cool things in Epcot, MGM, and the Magic Kingdom, too.

Karen

I have taken five of the backstage tours as a solo. ON each tour I never felt "alone" and during the breaks the CM always spent extra time with me. IMO Solo travellers seem to get more attention from the CM's when on these tours.
IMO the best thing to do when traveling Solo is to take at least one backstage tour: it does not matter which one, but that adventure with a small group makes for a great day.

I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour solo in 2003. I didn't feel out of place at all, and since there was so much to see, it seemed like the group was always changing anyway. At lunch, I was seated with a nice couple from Illinois, which made me wonder if they seated us by geographic location. We were the only people in the group from the Midwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter