Solo Trip Report 3/2-3/6-Mistakes Were Made-update 5/7

Hello all again!
It posted before I had written what I wanted to so we'll try again.

I am a 34 woman who to went to WDW 3/2-3/6 by myself.
In daily life I am attorney for a University and very much enjoy my job, but have not felt any special pull to Disney. I grew up on the movies and went to WDW exactly once, 24 years ago with my father and sister.

My partner of 9 years(I'll call him DH for ease) went for a conference so, after much waffling, I decided to tag along(the discounted ticket didn't hurt). I had not been to WDW since I was 10 and he would have no time to go to the parks with me(nor did he want to) so I would be on my own(though his conference offered a super cool experience that was completely wasted on them all-more on that later in the report).

I have done quite a bit of traveling on my own including SE Asia, Turkey, and Morocco so I wasn't worried about that aspect. In fact, I was much more cavalier with my safety that I would normally be, even at home. We stayed at the Swan so I walked quite a bit to Epcot and HS and did so often at night, alone on the path. I never once felt unsafe or had anything bad happen to me. That doesn't mean that it couldn't, but, as a single woman who will sometimes not leave a hotel at night, it was nice to relax.

I was worried if I would actually have fun in this world built for kids and if it was sad to see an adult walking around by themselves. Stay tuned for how that worked out.

I threw myself into planning, discovered the disboards, and had people asking me for advice in the park because I "obliviously come here a lot and know the secrets." Yes, somebody actually said that to me when I explained the tiered system in Epcot. I had a strategy and plan mapped out in great detail(like how I travel all the time) that pretty much got thrown out on day 2.

I became fascinated with disboards(and easywdw) prior to going. The amount of knowledge was staggering, but the other thing that struck me was how often some people went. Yearly or more. I remember reading a posting from someone who said they don't get there that often, only once every three years. That was really crazy to me. Everyone I know who has kids looks at Disney as a once in a lifetime thing. It's just too expensive and stressful otherwise. I remember that being made cleared when I went as a child. My parents were teachers and this was it(though I do remember 4 day park hoppers costing something like $125 at time because I thought that was huge amount-if only today).

As I don't have kids and DH has made clear that he would want to take kids literally anywhere else than WDW, I knew it would be a long time before I would have the chance or inclination to return. Even with a discounted ticket and free room(the conference paid for DH's room), it was still an expensive time. I calculated(I have a hard science degree that put me just short of also getting a math degree so you'll see a lot of number crunching) that I could take a family of 4 to Europe for significantly less than a trip to Disney of the same time frame. That did not help my case to DH that our hypothetical children may just really want to meet Mickey!

So what you have is an adult who is used to traveling through developing countries by herself, with no kids and limited Disney knowledge trying to attack a vacation in order to maximize it, knowing that she wouldn't get much of another shot.

You are getting a trip report from someone who will probably won't have another for a decade at least so I hope you will enjoy it.

The title comes from the fact that I made mistakes as I had no experience, but, as with any trip, that's part of the fun.

Also, if someone could tell me how to embed images in these reports that would be really appreciate!

this sounds interesting. Im from Ireland and I go to Disneyland California every year and I have also travelled solo in America and Europe. You sound very like me, used to planning and having an itinerary so it will be interesting to see how you tackle Walt Disney World :)

Gonna be a great trip report!
Looking forward to reading more, thanks for sharing!

Following along. I am going on my third solo trip in May. I have never felt unsafe and always enjoyed my trips. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

I'm still figuring out how to add pics so please bear with me, and thanks to everyone for following along!

Day 0-March 1st
This was my travel day. I actually got upgraded twice! It wasn't that nice, but I appreciated the extra leg room.
I got in around 11pm and by the time I got my bag, waited for the Mears shuttle, and then was dropped off at the hotel, it was really very late.
DH had a super early morning so we just went to bed.

Day 1-March 2nd
Since I knew I would be getting in late, I didn't plan any super early activities. I had FP and an ADR in Epcot, but put them a bit later.
As it was, I was out of the hotel at 9:15 and walked to Epcot(super convenient).

I was through security and in line at Les Halles by 9:35(I tried to stay on top of timings) and got a chocolate croissant, which was delicious.
It was actually really cool in France at this point in the morning because it was nearly empty and the flower and garden show topiaries(spelling?) were already out. Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Belle with her Beast provided nice backdrops and a quiet morning.
Little did I know, this would be the last quiet time in World Showcase.

Mistake #1:Not taking time to appreciate World Showcase without the crowds.
It was crowded every other time(except right before illuminations). I wish I had appreciated the solitude a bit more.

I wanted to get a lot in and thought I could make good time so I started to head toward Futureworld toward The Land and got rather lost.

Mistake #2:Not realizing how large Epcot is or how long to get from Point A to Point B takes.
This mistake would dog me the entire trip, I just never seemed to take into account how large the parks were.

Anyway, I made it in line at The Land at 9:58 and was on the boat at 10:05, off at 10:21. This was my first experience with saying, "just 1" for numbers and CMs(and other riders) on rides that have benches not really knowing if they should send me on my own or with others. It seemed to be half and half.
This ride was more an exercise in nostalgia for me.
When I came to WDW many years ago, my father very much wanted to do The Land and what would have been the Behind the Seeds tour at the time(it was probably called something different). He was a high school science teacher and was starting a hydroponic garden(that eventually took over most of his classroom), and found the whole thing fascinating.
My sister and I vetoed the tour, but rode the boat. I felt so bad riding the boat now, thinking that we should have just done the tour.
The ride itself was ok, but very dated without a ton of great information. We were really close to another boat so the narration seemed to echo.

I headed to Mission Space to use my first FP and choose green.
I got paired with a mom and two kids who looked to be around 9 and 10. The kids kept saying what position they were going to be and mom was saying, "you will be pilot and Jeff gets to be the navigator" without really acknowledging me. I wouldn't have taken their spots, but I had never been on the ride and it just bothered me that she ignored me and what I might like to do.

This was an ok ride. I maybe should have tried it in orange, but I never got back to give that a go.

I then headed to TT single rider line for what was probably the longest wait if my trip.
I got in line at 10:50 and was in the care at 11:14. I know, not so bad but I just don't like waiting!
Pretty much everyone in the SR line was a large group trying to get on quicker, and, to be fair, it didn't seem like anyone was trying to force their way on with multiple people.

This was the sight of my first interesting interaction. There was a couple with grandma behind me talking about getting FPs. They were really having trouble and I finally turned, apologized for eavesdropping and explained the tiered system at Epcot seemed to be stymieing them. They were really nice to talk to, but with Annual Pass holders and came once a month!
They said that I must get to Disney often as I explained a few other FP things. Nope, just super over prepared! Thanks disboards!

TT was ok. This kind of summed up Epcot as none of the rides seemed particularly amazing to me.

I headed to Spaceship Earth for my next FP. Man, that line back up like crazy! And it's mostly outside so not super great.
I checked in at 11:31, was on a car at 11:38 and off at 11:56.
It's a nice ride, but nothing special.

It was at this point that I realized how behind I was.
Mistake #3: Everything at Disney takes much longer than you ever thought it would.
I had assumed that I could knock out all of futureworld that morning, except Soarin. I though I could get Figmet, the Seas with Nemo, and the tanks in addition to what I had already done, but that was not meant to be and I never got back to them.

I had wanted to do all this because I knew about the FP drops for DHS and wanted to try to get one of the earlier ones and book it over there after my ADR.

Revelation #1: I figure I need something to balance the mistakes. so here we are.
Take your time. I rush through vacations, trying to see as much as I can. Somewhere in Epcot that morning, I realized that I should do what I want at a slower pace rather than running like mad everywhere.

I headed over to Club Cool and tried some sodas.
I have done the round the world soda thing Coke does at its Vegas store so i was familiar with all the flavors. Club Cool struck me as sticky and kind of gross. There were cups everywhere and very few clean ones. The machines auto-fill so if I want less, I can't get it.
I also know what Beverly tastes like but decided to give it another go(still not my thing), and noticed a family watching me. I'm guessing they were waiting for a crazy reaction, but, since I knew what was coming, I simply tasted and nodded my head as if I enjoyed such things. I could tell they were disappointed. Sorry random family, it just felt weird with you watching me.

I spent way less time in there than I thought I would so I figured I would mosey toward Norway and FEA.
I stopped in Mexico and rode the Three Caballeros.
I was in line at 12:10, on a boat at 12:13 and off at 12:24.
This was my first encounter with drinking around the world. A couple got in line behind me with full beer glasses and then proceeded to chug them so they could get on the ride. It was their first drink of the day. They were nice, and I don't want to denigrate people who do this, but is definitely not for me and seems like you can't get much done with all that drinking.

Oh my, this ride!
It is what I imagine being on drugs feels like(I'm boring and don't actually know). It was insane, and the story line pretty much all over the place. I would not take time for this again.

I went to FEA to use my FP. I tapped in at 12:29, was on the boat at 12:35 and off at 12:41. It's a nice if uninspiring ride, but I definitely had a fauxpau while on it. I was glued to MDE and refreshing. I wasn't super immersed in the ride and it wasn't until I got off that I really considered that. It was a shame.

Mistake #4: Refreshing all the time, everywhere.
Since I was by myself this had less of an impact, but I did not do it on rides after this(though I did in a show). It just became an obsession to get new rides, better times, seeing if I could get headliners etc.
If I had had people with me, it would have made for a very unpleasant time for them.

I then lost my pen so things get a bit hazy until the lovely server gave me one of hers.

I wandered through WS toward the UK and got fish and chips from the stand there. The line was backed up so I made the brilliant idea to talk to the CM about Brexit. She didn't really say much after that.

I walked to area behind the shop that has a few tables bordering the Rose and Crown and ate there. It was fine.

Mistake #5: Setting myself up to think that Disney food would be awe-inspiring.
So this may gain me some enemies, but I just didn't think food at WDW was all that great. It wasn't terrible(with a few major exceptions), but it really wasn't all that amazing either.
I had been reading stuff about how this fish and chips beat stuff in the UK and was excited, but it was just a perfectly serviceable fish and chips. This repeated throughout the trip. With few exceptions, food was at most ok.

I wandered around the UK a bit, looking at some things I should have bought because I forgot to come back for them, but then I then actually had an ADR for Rose and Crown.
So you are going to ask, why get the fish and chips with an ADR? Well, Rose and Crown's are amazingly expensive and I really just wanted dessert there.

I waited about 10 minutes and was seated.
I ordered the sticky toffee pudding. I have had this in the UK and absolutely love it!
This was also another nostalgia area for me as I remember when we went to WDW as a kid we had terrible meal, after terrible meal. I remember Chef Mickey's and the Moroccan restaurant being completely horrible, and my father being less than pleased.
However, I remember eating at the Rose and Crown(or whatever it was at the time), and everyone being really happy with the meal. So much so that my father left a massive tip. I can still clearly remember his back to the server, but I saw when she opened the check and saw the tip. I remember her calling people over and showing them, coming back to the table, asking if there was anything else we needed and being so happy. My dad asked for a copy of the menu that I found among his things when he died.

Unfortunately, while the service was amazing(my server was awesome and super sweet), the pudding was ok.

I did see tons of Epcot stuff drop at 1:35, but wanted something in DHS so managed to pick up at SDD for later that day while I was sitting there.

Revelation #2: Take a meal break at a sit down place midday. I didn't do this everyday, but it was apparent that I should have. It was so nice to have an enforced break in the middle of the day to eat and regroup. If I ever get back to WDW, this will be the backbone of my touring strategy. I got to just take a moment and not feel like I needed to find something, do something, look for something.

I tipped 100% because it made me feel good and like I was remembering my father and headed out of the park to take a short rest at the hotel.
I had not accomplished nearly as much as I thought I could, unfortunately.

Next up, Hollywood Studios.

My feelings are the same as it relates to Club Cool. So messy, and the floor is sticky gross. I have a solo trip coming up, so thanks for sharing your experience. Keep it coming!

Your first post made me laugh. We probably have similar jobs. I negotiate university agreements (but not an attorney :flower1:).

I felt the same way as you when I went to Disney in my 20s without kids, it was nice and people thought I was a huge Disney fan, but i didnt have any desire to go back for 7 years. Now that we have kids we suddenly are annual passholders and suddenly can't get enough, ha.

I'm still figuring out how to add pics so please bear with me, and thanks to everyone for following along!

Day 0-March 1st
This was my travel day. I actually got upgraded twice! It wasn't that nice, but I appreciated the extra leg room.
I got in around 11pm and by the time I got my bag, waited for the Mears shuttle, and then was dropped off at the hotel, it was really very late.
DH had a super early morning so we just went to bed.

Day 1-March 2nd
Since I knew I would be getting in late, I didn't plan any super early activities. I had FP and an ADR in Epcot, but put them a bit later.
As it was, I was out of the hotel at 9:15 and walked to Epcot(super convenient).

I was through security and in line at Les Halles by 9:35(I tried to stay on top of timings) and got a chocolate croissant, which was delicious.
It was actually really cool in France at this point in the morning because it was nearly empty and the flower and garden show topiaries(spelling?) were already out. Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Belle with her Beast provided nice backdrops and a quiet morning.
Little did I know, this would be the last quiet time in World Showcase.

Mistake #1:Not taking time to appreciate World Showcase without the crowds.
It was crowded every other time(except right before illuminations). I wish I had appreciated the solitude a bit more.

I wanted to get a lot in and thought I could make good time so I started to head toward Futureworld toward The Land and got rather lost.

Mistake #2:Not realizing how large Epcot is or how long to get from Point A to Point B takes.
This mistake would dog me the entire trip, I just never seemed to take into account how large the parks were.

Anyway, I made it in line at The Land at 9:58 and was on the boat at 10:05, off at 10:21. This was my first experience with saying, "just 1" for numbers and CMs(and other riders) on rides that have benches not really knowing if they should send me on my own or with others. It seemed to be half and half.
This ride was more an exercise in nostalgia for me.
When I came to WDW many years ago, my father very much wanted to do The Land and what would have been the Behind the Seeds tour at the time(it was probably called something different). He was a high school science teacher and was starting a hydroponic garden(that eventually took over most of his classroom), and found the whole thing fascinating.
My sister and I vetoed the tour, but rode the boat. I felt so bad riding the boat now, thinking that we should have just done the tour.
The ride itself was ok, but very dated without a ton of great information. We were really close to another boat so the narration seemed to echo.

I headed to Mission Space to use my first FP and choose green.
I got paired with a mom and two kids who looked to be around 9 and 10. The kids kept saying what position they were going to be and mom was saying, "you will be pilot and Jeff gets to be the navigator" without really acknowledging me. I wouldn't have taken their spots, but I had never been on the ride and it just bothered me that she ignored me and what I might like to do.

This was an ok ride. I maybe should have tried it in orange, but I never got back to give that a go.

I then headed to TT single rider line for what was probably the longest wait if my trip.
I got in line at 10:50 and was in the care at 11:14. I know, not so bad but I just don't like waiting!
Pretty much everyone in the SR line was a large group trying to get on quicker, and, to be fair, it didn't seem like anyone was trying to force their way on with multiple people.

This was the sight of my first interesting interaction. There was a couple with grandma behind me talking about getting FPs. They were really having trouble and I finally turned, apologized for eavesdropping and explained the tiered system at Epcot seemed to be stymieing them. They were really nice to talk to, but with Annual Pass holders and came once a month!
They said that I must get to Disney often as I explained a few other FP things. Nope, just super over prepared! Thanks disboards!

TT was ok. This kind of summed up Epcot as none of the rides seemed particularly amazing to me.

I headed to Spaceship Earth for my next FP. Man, that line back up like crazy! And it's mostly outside so not super great.
I checked in at 11:31, was on a car at 11:38 and off at 11:56.
It's a nice ride, but nothing special.

It was at this point that I realized how behind I was.
Mistake #3: Everything at Disney takes much longer than you ever thought it would.
I had assumed that I could knock out all of futureworld that morning, except Soarin. I though I could get Figmet, the Seas with Nemo, and the tanks in addition to what I had already done, but that was not meant to be and I never got back to them.

I had wanted to do all this because I knew about the FP drops for DHS and wanted to try to get one of the earlier ones and book it over there after my ADR.

Revelation #1: I figure I need something to balance the mistakes. so here we are.
Take your time. I rush through vacations, trying to see as much as I can. Somewhere in Epcot that morning, I realized that I should do what I want at a slower pace rather than running like mad everywhere.

I headed over to Club Cool and tried some sodas.
I have done the round the world soda thing Coke does at its Vegas store so i was familiar with all the flavors. Club Cool struck me as sticky and kind of gross. There were cups everywhere and very few clean ones. The machines auto-fill so if I want less, I can't get it.
I also know what Beverly tastes like but decided to give it another go(still not my thing), and noticed a family watching me. I'm guessing they were waiting for a crazy reaction, but, since I knew what was coming, I simply tasted and nodded my head as if I enjoyed such things. I could tell they were disappointed. Sorry random family, it just felt weird with you watching me.

I spent way less time in there than I thought I would so I figured I would mosey toward Norway and FEA.
I stopped in Mexico and rode the Three Caballeros.
I was in line at 12:10, on a boat at 12:13 and off at 12:24.
This was my first encounter with drinking around the world. A couple got in line behind me with full beer glasses and then proceeded to chug them so they could get on the ride. It was their first drink of the day. They were nice, and I don't want to denigrate people who do this, but is definitely not for me and seems like you can't get much done with all that drinking.

Oh my, this ride!
It is what I imagine being on drugs feels like(I'm boring and don't actually know). It was insane, and the story line pretty much all over the place. I would not take time for this again.

I went to FEA to use my FP. I tapped in at 12:29, was on the boat at 12:35 and off at 12:41. It's a nice if uninspiring ride, but I definitely had a fauxpau while on it. I was glued to MDE and refreshing. I wasn't super immersed in the ride and it wasn't until I got off that I really considered that. It was a shame.

Mistake #4: Refreshing all the time, everywhere.
Since I was by myself this had less of an impact, but I did not do it on rides after this(though I did in a show). It just became an obsession to get new rides, better times, seeing if I could get headliners etc.
If I had had people with me, it would have made for a very unpleasant time for them.

I then lost my pen so things get a bit hazy until the lovely server gave me one of hers.

I wandered through WS toward the UK and got fish and chips from the stand there. The line was backed up so I made the brilliant idea to talk to the CM about Brexit. She didn't really say much after that.

I walked to area behind the shop that has a few tables bordering the Rose and Crown and ate there. It was fine.

Mistake #5: Setting myself up to think that Disney food would be awe-inspiring.
So this may gain me some enemies, but I just didn't think food at WDW was all that great. It wasn't terrible(with a few major exceptions), but it really wasn't all that amazing either.
I had been reading stuff about how this fish and chips beat stuff in the UK and was excited, but it was just a perfectly serviceable fish and chips. This repeated throughout the trip. With few exceptions, food was at most ok.

I wandered around the UK a bit, looking at some things I should have bought because I forgot to come back for them, but then I then actually had an ADR for Rose and Crown.
So you are going to ask, why get the fish and chips with an ADR? Well, Rose and Crown's are amazingly expensive and I really just wanted dessert there.

I waited about 10 minutes and was seated.
I ordered the sticky toffee pudding. I have had this in the UK and absolutely love it!
This was also another nostalgia area for me as I remember when we went to WDW as a kid we had terrible meal, after terrible meal. I remember Chef Mickey's and the Moroccan restaurant being completely horrible, and my father being less than pleased.
However, I remember eating at the Rose and Crown(or whatever it was at the time), and everyone being really happy with the meal. So much so that my father left a massive tip. I can still clearly remember his back to the server, but I saw when she opened the check and saw the tip. I remember her calling people over and showing them, coming back to the table, asking if there was anything else we needed and being so happy. My dad asked for a copy of the menu that I found among his things when he died.

Unfortunately, while the service was amazing(my server was awesome and super sweet), the pudding was ok.

I did see tons of Epcot stuff drop at 1:35, but wanted something in DHS so managed to pick up at SDD for later that day while I was sitting there.

Revelation #2: Take a meal break at a sit down place midday. I didn't do this everyday, but it was apparent that I should have. It was so nice to have an enforced break in the middle of the day to eat and regroup. If I ever get back to WDW, this will be the backbone of my touring strategy. I got to just take a moment and not feel like I needed to find something, do something, look for something.

I tipped 100% because it made me feel good and like I was remembering my father and headed out of the park to take a short rest at the hotel.
I had not accomplished nearly as much as I thought I could, unfortunately.

Next up, Hollywood Studios.

your revelations are awesome. Food at Disney is expensive and not that great. If the food is great it is other worldy expensive. I ate at Victoria and Alberts and upgraded to Kobe Beef. The Beef was oversalted, expensive and horrible. Because I was drunk I did not do the right thing and send the Kobe Beef back to the kitchen(the upcharge was 100 dollars plus) Also, refreshing your App helps get you the FP you want but! sours the whole Disney experience ironically

Thanks for sharing!!

Sorry for the big gap, these trip reports take way longer than I though the would!

Interesting trip report! I'm curious though - were there any attractions or food/drink that you did like?

I loved the waffle in MK, the Stars Wars dessert party and the cheese plate from Baseline. Those are the only stand outs though. I was fairly disappointed.

your revelations are awesome. Food at Disney is expensive and not that great. If the food is great it is other worldy expensive. I ate at Victoria and Alberts and upgraded to Kobe Beef. The Beef was oversalted, expensive and horrible. Because I was drunk I did not do the right thing and send the Kobe Beef back to the kitchen(the upcharge was 100 dollars plus) Also, refreshing your App helps get you the FP you want but! sours the whole Disney experience ironically

Thanks for sharing!!

That is really interesting. I've been lucky enough to dine at both Eleven Madison Park and Osteria Francescana, considered two of the best restaurants in the world and they were just lost on me. The food was good enough, but not amazing. At the same times, I found an amazing hole in the wall restaurant where I ate so amazingly well for around $10 and would go back time and again. Food is a funny thing, and I get not sending something back. I should have done that as well but I sometimes feel like its on me for not getting it.

My feelings are the same as it relates to Club Cool. So messy, and the floor is sticky gross. I have a solo trip coming up, so thanks for sharing your experience. Keep it coming!

Really not as fun as I had hoped.

I am going to try to add pictures and hope it works!

So we left off at me obtaining a SDD FP and heading out from Epcot.

I went back to the hotel to "rest" but was too worked up to sit for long so I grabbed a new battery pack, put on more sunscreen and headed out for DHS.
Again, I have to stress how nice it was to stay in the boardwalk area for access to two resorts so easily.

I got into DHS at 3:36pm right as the Star Wars show was happening.
thumbnail

It was pretty neat and there was tons of room so I wouldn't worry about hanging out super early. I didn't stay for long though and wandered toward the muppets.

Mistake #6(or 2b maybe)-Not realizing how far apart everything at DHS is.
This park is spread out and the flow does not work easily at all. There is just no easy way from point a to point b.

I walked into the muppets pre show at 3:44 to a few minutes wait but really enjoyed the area. There are so many in jokes and cute muppets theming. If you have some time take a few minutes to look around. I have extremely fond memories of this show from years ago, but, with my completely untrained eye, I can see where this might be removed some time soon. It's a little dated and kids aren't as into the muppets anymore, but it sure was adorable!

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

I was out at 4:13pm and was sad there wasn't more muppets merchandise to choose from. The gift shop area is also pretty cool with the muppets sound track playing, a second floor hotel and other neat areas. I wanted to get to the Indy show so I didn't linger, but I came back on my last day, and, in between shows its almost empty, so I would take a few minutes to look there too.
There were muppets pressed pennies and my uncle and sister love them so I picked some up at that point as well.
That was the day I also found the "secret" exit out of the area.
I've seen some stuff on muppets-land that was floated before Jim Henson died and would have loved to seen it.

I rushed to Indy and sat down and waited and waited.

Mistake #7 Not checking the times guide.
I looked at the general schedule, not noting that the times were different from the day I was there. I didn't want to wait so I left(but got back later).
I also saw someone spill two loaded waffles or funnel cakes(didn't quite see which) onto a person as he was trying to vault over a rope indicating that you could sit there. Pay attention to the ropes!

I went to use my SDD FP. It was my first time in TSL and it is crowded. I have no idea how they are going to deal with SWGE funneling through there.
I was in line at 4:35 and off at 4:44, but no pics. Wish I had been ready with my camera at the apex of the hill to grab a star wars shot.
It was a cute ride and a decent coaster, but I would not wait in line for more than 30 minutes(if that).

I wandered a bit, got some frozen lemonade and refreshed MDE, grabbing a Star Tours FP for later.
I ended up in the Frozen show at 5:25 with plenty of seating, though please everyone go ALL the way down. This family next to me kept moving to put one seat in between me and them and I kept moving over because more and more people came in even after show time.
thumbnail

I went to this because Josh from easywdw recommended it and the Beauty and the Beast show was closed.
I thought it was ok, but if you have a kid who likes for zen, they will go mad for it.

As I was exiting, CMs were directing people to Indy so I headed over there about a minute before it started. They kept let people in even after the show started so its a good place to try for.
I really wanted to see this as I had not as a kid. I thought it was good, but maybe not aimed at me. I liked it all right, but the whole demonstration of stunts just didn't grab me as much as I though it would. I think the actors were absolutely amazing and it must be a difficult job! I think it is a good way to get out of sun, have a snack and sit for a bit though.

I went to use my FP for Star Tours at 6:36 just as what I think was Jedi training was ending and just got ahead of the crowd. I noticed that the wait times jumped from 20 minutes to 40 right after so keep that in mind when trying for it.
I rode this in disneyland and I will say I had the same mild motion sickness as I had then. I was ok, but didn't jump at the chance to get back on again at any point.

I checked for more FP but saw my first "fast pass distribution is done for the day" notice. I was hoping to ride something else but didn't feel like waiting. DH was also supposed to be done around 7:30 or so and I wanted to spend some time with him.

I did go to baseline and get the meat and cheese plate. It was delicious! I love a good mixed plate and it had a nice balance. It made for a great dinner and for $10, the price was absolutely amazing. I pay double that for the same in Wisconsin!
thumbnail

It's cool wandering that Grand Avenue area at night because it is so empty. Muppet vision shuts down early and there aren't other rides, but the lights are on and the stores open so it makes for kind of a cool evening.

I stopped at the trolley car on Hollywood Boulevard to get a raspeberry napoleon that was recommend by Disney Food blog. It looked so good but tasted ok. I think it had been sitting and the cream/frosting had been soaking into the puff pastry, making it soggy instead of crisp, though I did take it back to the hotel to eat.

thumbnail

I headed out of the park and walked along the path to the Swan. This was an interesting experience for me. When I travel by myself, I rarely go out at night, and, when I do, I take well trafficked paths home or use public transport or cabs. The path is well-lit but I saw no one. In most cases, this would put me on edge and ensure I would not do it, but I went for it and was fine.
You are never completely safe anywhere, but I would venture that most crime at Disney is petty theft with some drunken disorderly thrown in. I would think that violent crime is fairly rare. That was a nice treat for me as a woman out by herself. As I think a lot of people can relate, it can be pretty uncomfortable at times, but, at Disney, that was never the case.
Anyone who is thinking about solo travel but is a nervous, I would suggest Disney as a good starting point, just because there is so much to do and you don't need to be as concerned(still definitely on guard though) as you would in some places.

Up next, RD SDD during morning EMH. Here's a preview-Don't DO It!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts