Solo Trip For September @ Pop

BillyFeat

Mouseketeer
I recently booked Pop Century for a solo trip in September. Disney sent me an email today regarding the construction at the Resort and how the inconvenience should be minimal. I'm not too concerned. I booked at a great rate and look forward to seeing the refurbished room. This will be my first stay at a value resort and my first solo trip to Disney World. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts with all the updated information. Thanks to all of you that keep the information flowing!

The construction should be limited to the back of the resort where they're working on the skyliner, since they're coming to the finish line on room refurbishments right now. I've never done a solo trip but I hope you enjoy Pop! It's one of my favorites!

I've been at Pop (solo) since the construction began and it had zero impact on me. I stayed at a building in the front, I think it was 80s, which had already been refurbed and while I did see a few buildings being painted when I walked through the resort and over to AoA, it really wasn't an issue.

Pop is a great resort for solos, especially with the room refurbishments. I don’t have to put the Murphy bed down, so the room feels much more spacious than the older style rooms (even with the larger bed!). Enjoy your trip!

Thank You. I'm a little apprehensive and excited to be taking my first solo trip. Lots to think about. The refurbished rooms look amazing.

That's good to hear Northern Disney Girl. How is the transportation at Pop? It had to be a little trying when you were in Disney when Irma hit!

Last edited:
That's good to hear Northern Disney Girl. How is the transportation at Pop? It had to be a little trying when you were in Disney when Irma hit!

I have not had any issues with transportation at Pop, and I even checked in the day after Irma went through (if I had it to do over I would have ridden the storm out there -it was terrifying at home). It seems like most resorts, regardless of level, have some delays when it comes to Disney Springs, and Pop is no exception. But park transportation has always been good for me. I have stayed there during spring break, September, December, and January, and the season didn’t seem to make much difference. The food court was busier during spring break, but not horrible.

I've had 3 solo stays at Pop. The transportation is pretty good, the worst was at the very end of the night. There was one time after a party that the line was very long and at least 3 buses came, filled, up, and left while I was waiting in the line. A couple of times I caught an AoA bus instead and walked across the bridge to Pop.

Thank You. I'm a little apprehensive and excited to be taking my first solo trip. Lots to think about. The refurbished rooms look amazing.

GREAT resort for solo. Have had something like 35 stays there, most just myself and DS1 who is disabled. I have never felt unsafe, even coming back at 2 am from EMH or parties. I know plenty of others that do solo trips there. It is a value with the very Disney decor around the resort but very geared for the adult guest and feels less kid like than the other values. ENJOY!!!!

I agree with @HopperFan about Pop feeling the least kid like compared to other values. I too felt very safe there during my solo trips. To be honest i've never felt unsafe at any of the resorts i've stayed in....Pop and Sports are both my fave. Im curious what pop is like with the new refurbed rooms. im hoping to stay there next trip. Have fun! Solo trips are the best. :) I got addicted to my solo trips real quick. Its awesome.

It's great to hear so many Disers enjoy the Pop flying solo in Disney World. Great tip about the AoA bus at Park Closing Time georgina! Just out of curiosity, how do you tour the parks when you are solo? Do you "commando" the parks at a rapid pace? Do you take everything in and stroll through the Parks and Resorts? This is probably a good subject for a new thread.

I am glad to read the replies as well. I am planning a solo trip for next Apr/May and I keep flip flopping between Pop & POFQ. I wanted to treat myself by staying at a moderate but I really want to try the new rooms at Pop. My last trip we were the last ones to stay in our room before they closed & started refurbishment. In hindsight I should have asked for a different room because this room really needed to be done. I will probably wait to see what kind of discounts Disney will come out with before making my final decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter