Sisters Trip August 9-16, 2024. Told you it would change!

mkmomto2

Mouseketeer
Hi there! I am trying this again. I wrote a pre-trip report in 2020 and never finished it, so I'm hopeful that I will finish this one and then write a trip report after it is over, but we shall see. I have been reading these boards for a really long time (my profile says 2013, but it was even earlier than that I'm sure). I feel like it is time to give back... hopefully I will follow through this time! Let's begin!

Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Stacy. I am a special education teacher from Delaware and just started a travel business on the side. I started my business less than a year ago when I realized that I would like to retire in the near future, but still have some additional income. So, I figured, why not do something I love to do anyway? I have been planning travel for my family and friends for years, so why not get paid for it? The amount of work that I put into a trip definitely is much more than I get paid, but I love it and am building my business so it is a wash, at least in my mind haha :rotfl2:. Enough about me, let's get onto the trip!

IMG_7762.jpeg
Here I am with my first Butterbeer

Dates: 8/9/24-8/16/24. I like going during this time because it is in between summer school, which I always work, and regular school. The crowds are usually pretty light during this time as well (actually this is a week earlier than I typically go because summer school is ending a week early). I very likely may add on days to the back end of this trip.

Resort: Pop Century (I have stayed at Pop Century many times- both before and since the skyliner was built). I have previously booked other resorts and then changed back to Pop so many times I have lost count. For a solo trip especially, Pop has plenty of room, I love having the table and the skyliner makes getting to/from Hollywood Studios and EPCOT just so easy.

Travellers: Just me right now; however, my sister and/or niece and nephew in law have indicated that they may join me. I love solo trips so much, but also love my trips with my sisters and nieces and nephews so will be happy with whatever everyone decides!

IMG_2918.jpeg
Here is a picture from Universal last month in case my sister and/or niece and nephew in law decide to join.

Highlights: I am going to prioritize these experiences: Luminous at EPCOT, the drone show at Disney Springs, Journey of Water and the Moana show at EPCOT because they are new to me.

I am an early riser, so I love to rope drop the parks! I also enjoy a mid-day break, especially in the summer when it is really hot. Nighttime at the parks is particularly pleasant in the summertime, so I try to stay up as late as possible (which isn't always easy for me lol) to enjoy time in the parks at night. I typically don't love Disney Springs, but will visit for a restaurant reservation if I'm so inclined and plan to make an ADR for somewhere that has a good view of the drone show.

I have not decided how many park days I will do and that may depend on if anyone is coming to join me. I know that if my family members join, they will most likely purchase the 4 day magic tickets that are available for the summer. I haven't quite decided if I am going to extend the trip, so most likely I will get a 6-10 day park hopper depending on what I decide and venture out for some solo days if they do join me.

I know this is all just loosely formed at this point, but I will solidify plans as we go along.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure!

Last edited:
Joining in! I'm also from Delaware and it's so fun to find others since it's SUCH a small state! My daughter and I are also going in August, right after you're due to get back. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your plans :)

Joining in! I'm also from Delaware and it's so fun to find others since it's SUCH a small state! My daughter and I are also going in August, right after you're due to get back. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your plans :)
Fun! Delaware is very small indeed haha! I usually go the same week as you, but summer school is ending a bit sooner this year, so I thought I would go earlier to have a few days before the regular school year starts. I see you have a PTR as well, so I will follow along with yours too!

The key is to stay fluid!
The last time I wrote, this was a solo trip, but my sister has decided to join me, YAY! :yay:
The dates are the same; however, I am thinking about flying in on the evening of the 8th now. If we do, I am not sure where we will stay that night- I've toyed with the idea of staying off-site just to see how it is and then ubering over in the morning. Stay tuned!

Our loose plans are as follows (subject to change if we have to for ADRs):

8/8/24: Arrival Evening
8/9/24: Possible skyliner hopping with Jellyrolls?
8/10/24: Magic Kingdom- Tony's for lunch for parade viewing
8/11/24: Hollywood Studios- Brown Derby Lounge for lunch or dinner
8/12/24: Disney Springs- Paddlefish for Dinner for Drone Viewing
8/13/24: Animal Kingdom - Yak n Yeti for Dinner, Nomad for lunch
8/14/24: Epcot- Rose N Crown Fireworks Dining Package
8/15/24: Possible Monorail Hop with Poly beach fireworks?
8/16/24: Departure

Not sure how this is all going to go, but we have some things we definitely want to do and then others that we are flexible on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter