Solo Traveler and QS Dining

wisteria1019

A dream is a wish your heart makes
I've scheduled my first solo trip to the World (have visited 20 plus times with family in the past) for ten days in October. I have taken advantage of the Regular Dining Plan in the past (both free and for purchase). I don't anticipate doing many Table Service meals on my own - I have two scheduled when meeting up with new "friends" from the Dis. I plan to take full advantage of the Food and Wine Festival and read that QS credits can be converted to three F&W snacks. I do enjoy a glass of wine (maybe not everyday at lunch). I am questioning the value of a QS plan vs. the convenience, if I intend to add a TS here or there .I briefly considered the Regular plan, but know that I won't do TS each night on my own nor do I think that any of the Signature Restaurants are worth using 2 TS credits - would rather pay for those OOP. Any thoughts?

Remember, if you're using a QS at the booths, you have to get all three snacks at that booth, in one transaction, at one time.

So, I would take a look at last year's booth menus and see if there are places I could do that and note the price of each item. Also look at where else you might use your QS meals and what kind of snacks you'll want for you two per night.

Then you're going to have to do some math, but it can be estimated. If you ignore the mug, and give each snack a $5 value, then each QS meal (or 3 snacks) needs to be about $21 to break even. Don't forget the 6.5% tax. If you tend to use the majority of your snacks for higher end items, then you could get away with a $19 or $20 value for the meals.

Remember, if you're using a QS at the booths, you have to get all three snacks at that booth, in one transaction, at one time.

So, I would take a look at last year's booth menus and see if there are places I could do that and note the price of each item. Also look at where else you might use your QS meals and what kind of snacks you'll want for you two per night.

Then you're going to have to do some math, but it can be estimated. If you ignore the mug, and give each snack a $5 value, then each QS meal (or 3 snacks) needs to be about $21 to break even. Don't forget the 6.5% tax. If you tend to use the majority of your snacks for higher end items, then you could get away with a $19 or $20 value for the meals.

Thanks for pointing out that all three converted snack credits would have to be used at the same place - makes sense. Guess I will take a fantasy dining trip on my day off this week and run the numbers. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

A solo trip would be great....maybe someday. Hard to tell if the dining plan would be worth it over oop. Let us know how it goes.

A solo trip would be great....maybe someday. Hard to tell if the dining plan would be worth it over oop. Let us know how it goes.

Someone actually posted a link to a plug in chart to determine if a dining plan would be beneficial based upon your restaurant choices. No savings for me. Honestly I like the flexibility of OOP. There may be days when I do nothing more than snack around the Food and Wine Festival or grab a seat at a bar to enjoy an appetizer and glass of wine. I hope you get your solo trip one day.

Someone actually posted a link to a plug in chart to determine if a dining plan would be beneficial based upon your restaurant choices. No savings for me. Honestly I like the flexibility of OOP. There may be days when I do nothing more than snack around the Food and Wine Festival or grab a seat at a bar to enjoy an appetizer and glass of wine. I hope you get your solo trip one day.
I like the flexibility the last few times.....except when I got it for free...haha. I would do the same, but instead of wine I would search out a good beer or 2 or so. Haha. I won't get my so,o until DD14 is older as she would kill me if I went without her.

I like the flexibility the last few times.....except when I got it for free...haha. I would do the same, but instead of wine I would search out a good beer or 2 or so. Haha. I won't get my so,o until DD14 is older as she would kill me if I went without her.
As much as I am looking forward to this first solo adventure, I would love it more if either daughter could come along. Alas, my youngest is pregnant and my oldest a teacher unable to take time off in October.

As much as I am looking forward to this first solo adventure, I would love it more if either daughter could come along. Alas, my youngest is pregnant and my oldest a teacher unable to take time off in October.
I would miss my girl too. Congratulations to your daughter. Excited to be a Grammy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter