Solo Travel...on The Fence

roque

<font color=blue>Is from Texas, y'all!<br><font co
ok, due to circumstances beyond my control i may be traveling to WDW solo this year. this has me on the fence. i will be there from 6-3-03 to 6-09-03 and....well i am waffling. i am at a crossroads., my question is i need some suggestions or thoughts re solo travel. on one hand i am thinking of changing the dates (if i can) or upgrading the hotel and going solo. i don't know what to do. my other half is in well.....rehab and won't be able to go. the other issue is i fell guilty on one hand and on the other hand i DESERVE some time for fun... Anyway, any thoughts my fellow disers could share would be greatly appreciated.

I would go. You will love a solo trip. June is a pretty busy time but as a solo you will find yourself making it to the front of the line when some of the rides needs just one or two people to fill the car. And it's all so very legal and polite ;)

If your partner is upset because you are going then I don't know what the answer is for you. But if your partner doesn't care if you go solo, then go. It's a real hoot to visit WDW as a solo. I do it several times a year.

Sounds like things have been a little busy for you lately? I think we all need some time away totally by ourselves occassionally to do exactly what we want, when we want, to be responsible to no one but ourselves. I call my solo trips my "mental health"retreats that I take yearly to WDW to keep me somewhat sane (although my students might take issue on that sanity thing!). Cheaper than therapy, better (I think) than drugs. I have a high stress job-teacher at a private all-boys high school, with lots of various problems. Although I honestly really love my job, I do get burnt out and really need this away time. WDW truly is the "happiest place on earth", I'm so happy there. And also, a small issue perhaps, I feel safe. But I just rest on the porch, go to a theme park and grab a rocker (believe me, I'm trying to learn where all the rocking chairs are in WDW!), have a great time! There-did I push you over the fence to go yet?

Originally posted by roque
ok, due to circumstances beyond my control i may be traveling to WDW solo this year. this has me on the fence. i will be there from 6-3-03 to 6-09-03 and....

I will be at WDW from 5/31--6/6-----I'm making my first solo trip also. I'm really looking forward to it----Is it too early to pack!!:teeth:

my partner isn't mad re the trip. i am just having pangs of guilt. reading what y'all said iam leaning to going with my original plans:D and keep the trip on. Simba's Mom is right i need a "mental health" retreat. thanks for posting your responses

Good for you Rogue!! I am working on my first solo trip, myself. I hope you have a great time!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

The best part about solo-ing?? You don't have to do what you don't want to do! I went one day and saw all the shows at MGM - I hadn't been able to drag my family to any of them except Fantasmic! Then I went to the MK and rode Peter Pan - I only get to do that when Dad goes! You'll have a wonderful time, get some much needed R&R and come back all smiles!

Hop off that fence and come on over to the Solo side. First and foremost, you have absolutely NOTHING to feel guilty about. NOTHING!!! You deserve a trip, you want & can go on this trip, so go for it. I've heard it all from people and it has never changed my mind about going to WDW solo. You get to do what you want, where you want to go & dine and when you want to do it. You can ride an attraction a dozen times if you want. You can have your picture taken with as many characters as you want. You can dine at some really great places when you want. There is an amazing sense of freedom when you go solo. It's not that I don't go or don't like going with family (I go with them as often as possible), but there are times where our times don't match and since I LOVE going to WDW, why not go solo. Don't feel guilty. Go, have a blast & say hi to Mickey for me!!

Oh, and by the way Piper, it's never too early to pack!!
:jester:

thanks guys. reading what you wrote made me smile and feel better. SOLO trip here i come.:p

You'll have a blast!!! On my last trip I had planned out each day for touring & dining, but when I got down there, that kinda went out the window (which is not like me). What I did do was hit the Magic Hour parks each day for the morning, then headed back to my resort for a break early in the afternoon, then headed to another park later that afternoon. I'm an early riser anyway, so this worked out great for me. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I packed Pop-Tarts with me and had those for breakfast. Don't forget to get one of the free-refill mugs. I used mine constantly. I would fill it up with hot chocolate in the morning & evenings (I went in December) & lemonade in the afternoons. Saved quite a bit with it. If you like Test Track, make sure to head directly to the Single's Line (do not pass go, do not collect $200 Disney Dollars - ha ha). This is the fastest way on this ride. I used it on my last solo trip and went on one morning like 5 times in a row. I also used Fast Pass on some of the other rides, like Buzz & Peter Pan & the Haunted Mansion. This was great, since these seemed to have the largest lines. Also, I decided to be a big kid and had my picture taken with some of the characters (Mickey, Lilo & Stitch, Cindy & Fairy Godmother, and so on). Hey why not? I really think you'll have a great time.

Come on down and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!

Will be glad to meet if you would like to. Let me know.

Best wishes and have a safe journey to Orlando.

My family and I (3 children - 7, 6, 4 and husband) visited Disney Christmas past (2002). It was wonderful except for the constant rain. My concern now, is that I am ready for a return engagement:cool: ! I went back to school for study in Childhood Education and by the end of June I will have completed 1 semester and 1 summer block of classes. I will be pooped! I'm pooped now. I need rest. Me and my Sista's from church had planned on taking a trip to WDW at the end of June. Now, everyone has backed out for some reason or another, which grieved me deeply. We were going to drive. I still want to go. My husband says that I shouldn't drive alone, but take the plane if I truly want to go. Should I take the chance? I'm a little afraid because who will I share my excitement with? Will I have a good time alone? My husband says this is what I get for tying my bundle with someone else's thread. Anyway, I think I should go for it what do you guys think?

Am I one my own now? Very anxious for your opinions:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester: :confused: :confused: :confused:

IGDDDF,

GO FOR IT!! Make your own bundle with your own thread. as it turns out i may have someone go with me; however, i am not going to rely on them i will be there by myself or with a friend. i have found that WDW is one of the safest places to be so don't let that deter you. :)

Go FOR IT !!! You will be delightfully surprised !!

My Hubby hates to travel, and to be honest, he is a real pain in the butt to travel with. He now stays at home with our two cats,
and I go alone. So......I have had 4 WDW trips with my Hubby, and 4 trips SOLO. I can do Spaceship Earth ONE DOZEN times without him picking on me for it !

And then we miss each other........which can be a good thing.

Reading this post is what made me decide to take a solo trip this year, I have never gone alone before. I am a bit nervous but I really like the idea of doing what I want to do. My last two trips were done first with my daughter and the second with my son, and neither wanted to see the Hall of Presidents or Small World and the American Adventure and I really want to see them again, I have not been in them since '99. I also would like to see the Lion King show in Animal Kingdom.
If I like going myself I may go alone once a year....until I have grandchildren (which will not be for awhile)
Thanks for starting this post and thank you to all who responded.

not want to do "IT'S A SMALL WORLD" oh my i am almost 40 and that is the first ride i always do since i was 5:p
solo trippers have a blast

I'm taking my first solo trip June 1-6, and I am looking forward to it. Was there in Dec. (15 people - not all at same resort), and March (6 people - not all at same resort), and going again in Oct (10 people in 2 bdr villa), so I need this trip to do what I want to do when I want to do it. My DH said to go for it so I'm going. Counting the days.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter