Solo hotel upgrade opinions needed

I stayed solo at Beach Club and BW this past June and loved both. And I recommend Flying Fish for dinner - I sit at the bar and the bartenders are great, very friendly and interactive. I will be there 12/6-10 (staying at Beach Club) if you want to meet one night.
Julie

I've stayed at the Swan and the Dolphin, and I'm another vote for the Epcot resorts area, especially during the Food and Wine Festival. If you're concerned about cost, I'd at least check out the prices of the Swan/Dolphin on the dates of your stay. You can find them at spg.com.

Their room rates can be much lower than the Disney-operated properties in the area (even after accounting for the extra cost of resort fee and parking/airport shuttle if you need them). But whether you like the theming of the resort might play into your calculation too.

But otherwise, I like the Yacht Club and Boardwalk both very much and would definitely stay there if appropriate for your budget.

The Wave is fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. If you stay at one of the Epcot resorts you'll have easier access to better restaurants than the Wave. Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Shula's, plus all of the Epcot restaurants.

I like both BWI and YC but I give BWI the slight advantage. I didn't care for the BC at all.

I splurge on travel, so I almost always stay Deluxe on my solo trips. I enjoy the atmosphere and amenities. There’s no rule that says you have to travel “cheap” (although nothing at Disney is cheap, lol) just because you’re by yourself. Staying at Boardwalk right now for my 10-day trip! I’ve stayed at Yacht Club, and it’s one of my favourite resorts.

I like both BWI and YC but I give BWI the slight advantage. I didn't care for the BC at all.

Just curious as to why you didn’t like BC? I haven’t stayed there, but am planning a trip for next Fall with my sister and she mentioned possibly trying it.

Just curious as to why you didn’t like BC? I haven’t stayed there, but am planning a trip for next Fall with my sister and she mentioned possibly trying it.
The lobby was really noisy with a lot of kids running around unsupervised. The YC and BWI are more adult friendly. I realize Disney is for kids but I prefer my resort to be a bit quieter.

The lobby was really noisy with a lot of kids running around unsupervised. The YC and BWI are more adult friendly. I realize Disney is for kids but I prefer my resort to be a bit quieter.
Ahh yes I do recall it being a lot busier than YC

The closest to any of those I've stayed at was the Dolphin in 2015. I absolutely adored the location; being within walking distance of 2 parks was a huge perk (and allowed us to visit DHS with confidence on the morning of our departure day, knowing we wouldn't miss our ride to the airport due to a delayed bus). The hotel itself, though...meh. It's a nice hotel, to be sure, but the theme seemed to just be "nice hotel" and the whole point of Disney (for me, at least) is feeling more immersed in the experience than that. Between that and lacking various conveniences you get with the actual Disney resorts (no Magical Express, parking's not included, and it created more logistical issues with proving we were staying onsite when entering attractions during evening Extra Magic Hours), I don't think I would do Swolphin again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts