Solo Dinner ideas for 12/9-no parks

happily single

Left foot first!
I will be taking a quick solo trip from 12/9 thru 12/11. Right now I don't have a park planned for 12/9. My plan is to resort hop looking at the holiday decor. High on my list is the Wilderness Lodge and the monorails resorts. I'm staying at CSR. I am thinking of a fine, sit-down dinner on the 9th. Since I am unsure of timing i'd rather not try to make a dining reservation. I'm open to dining at DS or a resort. Any ideas?

Love the park hopping idea for a day.

The monorail resorts and Wilderness Lodge all have great TS, nice dining places - but I would recommend looking for an ADR. The cancellation window just changed - such that you should be able to know a couple hours in advance if you are going to make it. Now - with the new policy - that means places will also open up a few hours in advance, too. But if you want something guaranteed..... I'd suggest you start hunting.

Others seem to have more luck that me - but some folks like to try to snag a seat at the Lounge at California Grill at the last minute. I've only been lucky with that once.

You didn't mention if you will have a car - but you will need an ADR to park at any of those resorts. Given you want a lot of freedom - if it was me I'd probably just take the bus to MK and either hop on the monorail or a boat. Now - if you want to END your day at DS and you have a car - park there - take the bus to one of the resorts - and at the end of the day - your car will be waiting for you back at DS to drive back over to CS.

What a fun and relaxing weekend! I think the advice from kwdw is spot on. I would also recommend getting an ADR since you are visiting on a Friday night in December. A quick glance at available reservations showed that a lot of the mid-dinner times (5:30-7:30pm) are already gone at many locations. With the Christmas tree festival at Disney Springs going on I think a lot of locals are planning to head over there as part of their family Christmas traditions. And in addition to the new more forgiving cancellation policy, there is always some flexibility to ADR time (usually you can check in 20 minutes early on the app and we've arrived late with apologies on several occasions and have never been turned away).

Also, if you haven't seen this already, Disney Tourist Blog has a great 1-day tour plan to see the Christmas decorations at the hotels. It can give you a good survey of what to tackle/expect as you plan your non-park day. Have a wonderful time!

What a fun and relaxing weekend! I think the advice from kwdw is spot on. I would also recommend getting an ADR since you are visiting on a Friday night in December. A quick glance at available reservations showed that a lot of the mid-dinner times (5:30-7:30pm) are already gone at many locations. With the Christmas tree festival at Disney Springs going on I think a lot of locals are planning to head over there as part of their family Christmas traditions. And in addition to the new more forgiving cancellation policy, there is always some flexibility to ADR time (usually you can check in 20 minutes early on the app and we've arrived late with apologies on several occasions and have never been turned away).

Also, if you haven't seen this already, Disney Tourist Blog has a great 1-day tour plan to see the Christmas decorations at the hotels. It can give you a good survey of what to tackle/expect as you plan your non-park day. Have a wonderful time!
thanks. I hadn't seen the Disney Tourist Blog. i'll take a look!

Love the park hopping idea for a day.

The monorail resorts and Wilderness Lodge all have great TS, nice dining places - but I would recommend looking for an ADR. The cancellation window just changed - such that you should be able to know a couple hours in advance if you are going to make it. Now - with the new policy - that means places will also open up a few hours in advance, too. But if you want something guaranteed..... I'd suggest you start hunting.

Others seem to have more luck that me - but some folks like to try to snag a seat at the Lounge at California Grill at the last minute. I've only been lucky with that once.

You didn't mention if you will have a car - but you will need an ADR to park at any of those resorts. Given you want a lot of freedom - if it was me I'd probably just take the bus to MK and either hop on the monorail or a boat. Now - if you want to END your day at DS and you have a car - park there - take the bus to one of the resorts - and at the end of the day - your car will be waiting for you back at DS to drive back over to CS.
Thanks for the response. My hestiation with making a DR is while I have the first flight out of the morning you never know. I took a solo trip in August, 2021. I was supposed to land at 8:30am. I landed at 10pm!

I will not have a car. I thought about it, but since Disney charges a parking fee I am foregoing a rental this time.

Based on flying in that day and your resort hopping plans, definitely would suggest a MK resort, especially with the number of lounges attached to restaurants that increase your walk up options. Ditto what everyone has already said on trying to snag an ADR and seeing how your day goes, just know what your "cut bait" time is to avoid a fee. If you're willing to do a late dinner, options definitely increase. And when you're in proximity, there are some options to join the walk up list with certain restaurants/lounges.

Disney Springs tip: Because not all of those restaurants are Disney owned, sometimes there is additional availability direct through the restaurant's website or OpenTable. My family snagged a table for 8 at Jaleo through OpenTable when MDE said the largest they could accommodate was 6. Definitely would advise having the OpenTable app installed too if you want more options.

Last suggestion: If you're just exhausted at the end of the day, I love the rooftop Dahlia Lounge at CSR. It's a tapas lounge, so not a full table service experience. But if at the end of the day you want a classy vibe, a quality drink and to fill your stomach close to your room, highly recommend.

I had great luck walking up solo on a busy Thursday at the lounge at Steakhouse 71. I suspect it would be just as easy at Citricos Lounge. An ADR seems like your best bet (I’d suggest trying for 2 rather than 1, it seems to be easier for some places), but if you’re willing to do lounge, it will probably work out:).

The bars at Wine Bar George and Steakhouse 71 are both only for walkups and will serve the full menu. If you can get a reservation, I also love Jaleo and think it's one of the best fine dining experiences you can get.

I will be taking a quick solo trip from 12/9 thru 12/11. Right now I don't have a park planned for 12/9. My plan is to resort hop looking at the holiday decor. High on my list is the Wilderness Lodge and the monorails resorts. I'm staying at CSR. I am thinking of a fine, sit-down dinner on the 9th. Since I am unsure of timing i'd rather not try to make a dining reservation. I'm open to dining at DS or a resort. Any ideas?
For Disney springs The Edison is pretty cool. I would highly recommend Sanna at Kidani Village. I had a steak there that I really like… the bread service is also a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter