solo dining - which restaurant?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I'm going on a short solo trip in October. I'm eating CS days 2 and 3 when I'm in the parks. But, I want to go out to a TS restaurant on my arrival day. Which restaurant would you pick that's NOT in a park? I'm staying at Coronado but can go wherever. Not really interested in going to Disney Springs. Some that I'm considering are:

Trails End
Cape May
Beaches & Cream
Boma

Thanks!

Of those, I would pick Beaches and Cream. It has barstools and is conducive to solo dining.

Have you considered Sanaa? It is a wonderful restaurant and when you don't have a human to talk to, you can watch the animals. Wonderful food, service, and atmosphere. My favorite restaurant on property.

I'm an often solo traveler and I love to eat at Boma. Ask for Paul or Allison to be your server. I've eaten solo at the each of the places except Trails End and I have enjoyed them all as a solo female.

I really don't like buffets when traveling solo, because then I have to take any belongings to the buffet with me, making it look like my table is unoccupied. I also generally avoid Beaches and Cream solo because if I go there I want a sundae, but I can't finish one of their sundaes solo.

Sanaa and Kona Cafe have both been great solo.

Boma, for sure! Boma is our favorite restaurant in the world, no exaggeration. Buffets can be extra awkward solo, but the food is so varied and delicious that I think it's worth it. We try to go for dinner twice every visit because they rotate 2 menus.

Beaches and Cream was the only poor experience we've ever had at Disney and it was bad enough I don't plan on ever giving them a second chance. Besides our bad night there, the food wasn't anything special.

I had a 5 hour head start on the rest of my family in April, so I had dinner at Flying Fish by myself. I was seated right next to the open kitchen, so it gave me something to watch while I was eating.

Beaches and Cream would be my last choice. Food isn't that good

Boma is my vote. But as a solo diner I don't really like buffets.

I'm not sure why people think that you have to eat at a bar if your alone. I'm going for food not to get picked up

Another vote for Flying Fish. Has a great bar and there should be plenty of seats if you show up before 7. I thoroughly enjoyed my solo dinner at the bar last year. My Lyft from CSR to Boardwalk was $8 after tip.

I would say Boma or Trails End. We absolutely love Boma. I agree about Beaches and Cream - the food is fine but not the same as Boma or Trail's End.

I eat alone all the time if my friend Lisa is stuck talking to a cast member at the shows. I liked Be Our Guest because no one was looking at me and the waitress paid special attention to make sure I didnt feel alone! Teppan Edo is also great because you get to sit with another family and make friends!!

I eat alone all the time if my friend Lisa is stuck talking to a cast member at the shows. I liked Be Our Guest because no one was looking at me and the waitress paid special attention to make sure I didnt feel alone! Teppan Edo is also great because you get to sit with another family and make friends!!
I agree with Be Our Guest. I think the West Wing works really well in a solo setting because it's nice and dark and you don't have to worry about all these people looking at you!

I agree about the food at beaches & cream...It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't bad either. Its fine. I just don't think it deserve the hype it gets.

I agree that buffets as a solo diner is a bit odd only because you have to take your belongings/valuables with you....leaving the table looking unoccupied. Although that doesn't always stop me. I did Boma as a solo diner and it was fine. I think i just left my sunglasses on the table and another item. That way they know someone is coming back. Although i'm sure the server knows regardless, since you didn't pay the bill yet. Lol.

I like Be our Guest. Perfect for solo diners. I also like the Wave, the food is really good. Do you have any issues eating alone at a table? or would you prefer a bar? I prefer to eat alone at a table...i have no problems with either to be honest, a table is just more comfy. :)

I've eaten at all of those solo, and I like Beaches and Cream best. The counter is definitely the place to be, watching the cooking and sundae making.

I'm not sure why people think that you have to eat at a bar if your alone. I'm going for food not to get picked up

I enjoy eating in the lounge or at the bar when I am solo. My favorite is Raglan Road. I have never gone to a bar to be picked up, that comment really confuses me, especially at Disney? I guess if you were at one of the big convention hotels maybe?

I would recommend to eat ANY restaurant that has a menu that appeals to you. Over the years, i have eaten at many restaurants at WDW solo. I also do this at home and while doing other travels. I just do not understand why people have a hangup about eating alone.

I put myself through college working in fine dining restaurants and as front of the house person, we could care less if it was single dinner, vs a two top, vs a four top, etc.

I've eaten at all the restaurants on your list as a solo diner & all are good to excellent. My best advice would be to make your choice based on which one really interests you & if you love the menu. Each is unique. IMO Beaches & Cream is my least fav because I've always been seated at the counter and would prefer a small table of my own. Boma is my fav because the food is outstanding, it's a plus to walk out to see the animals behind AK Lodge either before or after your dinner and a buffet makes it easier for a more self-conscious solo diner to put in their time since you are up and about getting your food. However, the reality is that no one at the tables around you really cares or is judging you. They are much too wrapped up in their own drama and family issues. Pick the one that most interests you & enjoy. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!