Solo Diners

stxph

Earning My Ears
Trying to book a breakfast at 'Ohana but no reservations are coming up for tables of one but on the same days tables of 2+ are coming up. Do they just not cater for solo diners at this location?

‘Ohana’s system is set to up to only like even numbers. As PP said, search for 2. You don’t even have to call and modify as you would be seated at a 2-top anyway and there is no no-show charge as long as one person shows up. (I have run into this multiple times and never been charged for my ghost friend who stayed in bed.

Yep - little annoying thing - you can often book for two - but not for one. It's really a crappy way to treat solos, IMO. But - they don't charge you for your friend/family member/partner that just didn't seem to make it with you that day!

And I usually make a call to reduce any reservations I had to do like that to one since I do hate telling a fake story at the podium!

Yep - little annoying thing - you can often book for two - but not for one. It's really a crappy way to treat solos, IMO. But - they don't charge you for your friend/family member/partner that just didn't seem to make it with you that day!

And I usually make a call to reduce any reservations I had to do like that to one since I do hate telling a fake story at the podium!

I was joking about telling them there ghost who chose not to come. I will flat out tell them it was always only me but their system would not let me book for one. Maybe if enough people let them know they will fix it at the few that are discriminatory since others are NOT and will accept ADRs for only one. I don’t stress about adjusting it as other than Beaches & Cream where they do have the single counter stools the tables would be 2-tops anyway.

If you don't want to call, if you make the reservation and then modify online and search for one guest, that same reservation time will always show. It's an easy way to change it.

If you don't want to call, if you make the reservation and then modify online and search for one guest, that same reservation time will always show. It's an easy way to change it.

Not for ‘Ohana or any others not set for solos in the system.

But there is no need to adjust it as there are NOT 1-tops.

I appreciate I could book for two but reducing/amending bookings is more difficult not being able to ring up from overseas. Just wanted to check I wouldn't be charged for a no-show of half of the party.

Not for ‘Ohana or any others not set for solos in the system.

But there is no need to adjust it as there are NOT 1-tops.

Huh, I just tried it, you're right. Strange. In all the solo reservations I've made (I usually dine solo) I've never run into this issue. That said, Ohana has never appealed to me so I've never made an ADR there. Now I'm wondering what other places have this issue? o_O

Huh, I just tried it, you're right. Strange. In all the solo reservations I've made (I usually dine solo) I've never run into this issue. That said, Ohana has never appealed to me so I've never made an ADR there. Now I'm wondering what other places have this issue? o_O

That's the only one I've found consistently that has it.

I appreciate I could book for two but reducing/amending bookings is more difficult not being able to ring up from overseas. Just wanted to check I wouldn't be charged for a no-show of half of the party.

No charge.

Sometimes (other than 'Ohana and any others that are anti-solo in terms of the system) you can modify online or on app. But there is no charge as long as someone shows up.

that is strange. I've never tried booking there solo, but have at many other places without any issues.
As others have mentioned, you can either book for 2 and then only have 1 show up. Or call and change the reservation to 1. If 1 person shows up for a 2 person table, you should not get charged for the no show as someone showed up for the reservation. The fee is only if nobody shows up for the reservation.

When traveling solo I always book for two. The main reason I started was because many restaurants only have ADRs for two, not for one. And who knows, maybe DH will surprise me and show up some day. Or maybe meet someone whom I want to invite to share a meal. However, neither of these have happened so I always show up solo. I've never been charged a penalty for reduction in ADR #.

Although we’ve never eaten at ohana, we’ve had this glitch hit us as a family of 3, too.

Just like a table for 1 will have a second chair, a table for 3 will have 4 chairs. So we book for 4 and haven’t bothered to reduce it.

Not sure why those odd numbers throw Disney dining off so badly.

My typical reply at the podium when dining solo is to smile and say "it's just me today". I can't remember ever having any reaction at all to that one. It's about as generic a statement as could be.

I ate solo at Y&Y and the Plaza and both times made a booking for two but only I went and never an issue. I explained a out booking system at 2nd one as she said it happen s a lot. I am dining at Sci Fi solo this Sunday and will be saying the same thing there too. I have never been charged

Although we’ve never eaten at ohana, we’ve had this glitch hit us as a family of 3, too.

Just like a table for 1 will have a second chair, a table for 3 will have 4 chairs. So we book for 4 and haven’t bothered to reduce it.

Not sure why those odd numbers throw Disney dining off so badly.
But 'Ohana actually does have one or more tgree-tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter