Solo Day at Universal

kbelle8995

DIS Veteran
I am going down to Orlando in December. I will have a solo day to myself. I will be doing the Christmas Tree map. Any other suggestions. Where's a good place to eat by myself? Any suggested of what you would do if you had a day by yourself at Universal.

Hi I am going for just one day at the end of Nov to Dec. 2023

My plans are to take in the seasonal atmosphere (decorations) and have some fun.

I plan on having breakfast with the Grinch (bought tickets last month) and then taking in the Who Holiday Spectacular show

I have a list of family and friends Grinch /Harry Potter Christmas shopping I need to do.

I'll pick up a Christmas Tree Map and see how many trees I can spot.

I have EX Pass so I am hoping to do a few favorite attractions and rides but
I am packing my patience as it is a busy time of the year for tourists and Universal employees.

I am hoping to take a mid day break and then go back in the evening to see Hogwarts Castle Lights.
(Forbidden Journey) , maybe with some warm Butterbeer.

Have fun planning and I hope you have a great time

Mel

Yes shopping is definitely on the list. Especially Pin shopping. I saw some last time I wanted. And maybe score the How the Grinch stole Christmas pin.

I love the parks so much at the holidays. If it gets too crowded I think I will ride the boat.

Thank you for starting this thread. My solo days (Sat&Sun) don't take place until summer 2024, but I am gathering as much intel as possible. For those who have gone solo, where do you usually stay? I am not averse to walking long distances and I am totally fine with onsite or offsite.

I've done a few 'majority' solo days at Universal recently. I was there with family, but several days, we'd split up right after getting there, and I'd not see them again all day.
I had some great times at Universal. I did severalrides using the SR queue: MiB several times in a row, Mummy, and Gringotts. Spent a lot of time hanging out in Diagon Alley, eating ice cream from Florian's, or enjoying a Butterbeer or Dragon's scale, and people watching. There's a great place by the Menagerie store, and several benches in Knockturn Alley. I admit, I don't really like eating alone at table service places. I am ok getting something from QS, and just eating on a bench in the shade, if I can find one. Curb will do too. A crepe from the crepe stand, or a jacket potato good for that. I've also enjoyed Today Cafe quite a bit. Checking out the shows would be good, Bourne etc. or the street shows, and maybe even some character meets. The TMs there were very nice to take pictures w/ my phone for me.
In IoA, enjoyed getting a Hogshead brew and/or Butter beer and just sitting in the area, people watching. Enjoyed tots from Green Eggs and Ham, and Fire-eater's grill. Spider man has a single rider queue. I think Hulk does too. I've not done the SR at Hagrides or VC, as I hear they don't move fast, but I would probably try and ride them in the regular line, if I had time, and wait times weren't bad, I also took my time walking the queue at Forbidden Journey, (before using chicken exit, I just can't do that ride anymore!)
Enjoyed LOTS of time for browsing/shopping, taking in the Easter eggs, etc.
Have a wonderful trip!!

Last edited:

Please continue the suggestions. I have been to Universal several times. I'm an annual passholder but I am always looking to get out of my park box and find some new experiences.

Thank you for starting this thread. My solo days (Sat&Sun) don't take place until summer 2024, but I am gathering as much intel as possible. For those who have gone solo, where do you usually stay? I am not averse to walking long distances and I am totally fine with onsite or offsite.

Most hotels on Universal are close and quite safe. I stay at Cabana Bay as it is very budget friendly. When I'm going by myself I tend to stay in Brand name hotels so I have someone to call if I have issues or complaints. I've stayed at Cabana by myself and for the most part felt very comfortable. Universal has a good selection of hotels and makes it easy to get to the parks

I just did a solo trip at the end of August and had the buy 3 get 2 free park hopper ticker. I stayed at surfide and would definitely stay again. Each time I ate at the hotel, I got something different and wasn’t disappointed (eggs and chicken in the fettuccine had an odd taste but I still ate it). The bus ride to the parks was very short. Despite it being on the other side of the highway, it’s still just a matter of minutes. The walgreens across the street is very convenient too.

At the parks, I ate at leaky cauldron, 3 broomsticks, moe’s, and mythos and had no complaints. I used the single rider line for most rides (I wanted the front on hulk). I used it on velocicoaster when the regular line said 30 minutes and felt single rider took longer. All other rides I used it on was much quicker. I also bought a wand and did some of the spells.

For the record, I am not one for going to parks solo, but the gf doesn’t always want to go and it can be expensive for my friends to go. I wouldn’t go to a table service restaurant solo at home but I have no problem while on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter