Solo cruise

not exactly a great place to find other singles .....

I've done it as single parent with kids but accepted that any 'me time' was accidental

otoh ... you might meet other single parents ......

Not only single, but alone. Just me. My kids are adults and cannot come.
So literally a solo traveler.

I've never done it but would if no one would go with me. At dinner they sit you with other people so you'd have someone to talk to. On cruises I always talk to other passengers at dinner or by the pool. And I always talk to crew. I think it would be fine.

I am doing it in 4 weeks! 11 nights. Skipping the Main Dining Room and eating at Cabanas for dinner because I simply don't want to sit there that long. Bringing books and art supplies. I can't wait BUT i love being alone and am quite content to sit on Deck 4 and simply read a book. I did notice in the Navigators from my cruise in 2017 that there is something called "Crusin' Solo Lunch" at noon in one of the restaurants on the sea days. ALSO, there may be passengers that are not in a cabin alone but are still solo. Like a couple and a sister of one of the couples . . . . or an Aunt along with a family who just wants to talk to adults for a change?

If you are looking for love, I don't know if DCL is the place to find it although it could happen! If you are happy chilling by yourself at the pools or reading on Deck 4 - why not? There's Trivia at night and Bingo, lots of shows, cooking classes, excursions . . . . do you go to lunch or a movie by yourself on land??? You won't know until you try. Are you a Disney fan???

I could have picked another cruise line but it's hard to be lonely or sad on a Disney ship. Goofy can make anyone smile!

Cruise solo all the time and LOVE it!!! No one else to answer to or deal with. Wake when you want, sleep when you want, take a book to dinner (or don't and talk to your servers), etc. It is an AMAZING way to travel - not lonely at all!!

I've done 10+ solo cruises and personally I enjoy being alone. However, there are plenty of activities to do and even planned single meet-ups if that's your thing (not mine). On my solo cruises I keep to myself and even request my own table (which I have received each and every time) just to avoid the forced social interaction that I am not comfortable with. Nevertheless everyone guest and crew alike are very nice and I've never felt uncomfortable or out of place. On the longer solo cruises I've been on (14 days) I always end up meeting people that I am still in touch with till this day. I've even met-up with several of them at other locations months and even years later.

If you have the opportunity I say go and treat yourself because you only live once so you might as well enjoy it.

Last edited:

I am NOT looking for love. Just want to travel.

And I love Disney and don't mind being alone. I went to the beach for 5 days alone last year and loved it. Did wish I had a companion once or twice. But had a great time!

I am doing it in 4 weeks! 11 nights. Skipping the Main Dining Room and eating at Cabanas for dinner because I simply don't want to sit there that long. Bringing books and art supplies. I can't wait BUT i love being alone and am quite content to sit on Deck 4 and simply read a book. I did notice in the Navigators from my cruise in 2017 that there is something called "Crusin' Solo Lunch" at noon in one of the restaurants on the sea days. ALSO, there may be passengers that are not in a cabin alone but are still solo. Like a couple and a sister of one of the couples . . . . or an Aunt along with a family who just wants to talk to adults for a change?

If you are looking for love, I don't know if DCL is the place to find it although it could happen! If you are happy chilling by yourself at the pools or reading on Deck 4 - why not? There's Trivia at night and Bingo, lots of shows, cooking classes, excursions . . . . do you go to lunch or a movie by yourself on land??? You won't know until you try. Are you a Disney fan???

I could have picked another cruise line but it's hard to be lonely or sad on a Disney ship. Goofy can make anyone smile!

I went solo last year and am going again next month. I love going on the Disney cruise and usually go with my girls. Going solo is great. I can do whatever I want without worrying about if the kids will like it. I love to read and can sit in the adult area all day if I want to.

I have done solo cruises, and really enjoy it. Like others have said the best thing is being able to do whatever you want whenever you want. I think you'll find if you want companionship that you can find it pretty easily, as Disney fans tend to be pretty friendly and willing to talk about all things Disney. It's easy to strike up a conversation with people at a trivia game or while enjoying music and one of the lounges. The onboard staff is also terrific, lots of crewmembers to talk to. The only drawback to solo cruises is the price.

And you don't find yourself getting lonely?

I went solo last year and am going again next month. I love going on the Disney cruise and usually go with my girls. Going solo is great. I can do whatever I want without worrying about if the kids will like it. I love to read and can sit in the adult area all day if I want to.

I haven't checked the solo pricing yet. Is it pretty outrageous?

I have done solo cruises, and really enjoy it. Like others have said the best thing is being able to do whatever you want whenever you want. I think you'll find if you want companionship that you can find it pretty easily, as Disney fans tend to be pretty friendly and willing to talk about all things Disney. It's easy to strike up a conversation with people at a trivia game or while enjoying music and one of the lounges. The onboard staff is also terrific, lots of crewmembers to talk to. The only drawback to solo cruises is the price.

I don't know that I would use the word outrageous, but Disney, like most cruise lines, assumes cabins sail with at least double occupancy so they do charge you for the extra person, even though you're traveling alone. It's not quite double however, because you don't have to pay port fees for an additional person

If my sister won't go with my to Alaska I'm going alone! Sure I'll pay the same for the cruise as two adults (I plan to pay her fare anyway), but only have to pay for myself on excursions. I can just imagine sitting alone on a balcony with coffee soaking in the great scenery.

And you don't find yourself getting lonely?

No. I kind of like the idea of not having to worry about anything while on the cruise. On a daily basis I work with the public, have 2 teenagers, husband, and a 91 yo grandma that I take care of. So having a week where no on is asking me for something or needing something is heaven. I love to read so I load up my nook and pretty much relax the whole trip. Plus I love the food on the DCL and enjoy eating all week, especially since I do not have to cook. I miss my husband a bit because he cracks me up LOL. But I can go a week without him. I am not shy and have always found people to talk to when I wanted to. They have single mingles and lunches to go to if you want to socialize. The crew are also great to talk to.

They are not too bad if you book early and cruise off season. An inside room is fine with me but the ocean view rooms are usually only a couple hundred more at the most. The prices do go up as you get closer to the cruise so book early if you can. And book your placeholder for you next cruise while on board so you get the discount and room credit on your next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!