Solo Christmas Adventure Day 3

LadyGuene

Earning My Ears
Today was a much slower day; and a good thing too! I didn't set my alarm and woke up at about 7:00. At about 9:00 I headed downstairs and had a buffet breakfast in the Coral Cafe. It was good - nothing outstanding - but I'd certainly eat there again. Then I went back up to my room and sat and read for a little while. At about 10:15 I headed for Downtown Disney. I walked through Pleasure Island but the shops weren't all that thrilling. Could it be I am shopped out? NAH!
Then I headed for Disneyquest. What a cool place! I would certainly go back again. I spent most of my time in the Create Zone. I made pictures, toys, had a drawing lesson on how to draw Pluto and even created my own song. Then I went and played the tickets games. Got to play ten games for $5.00, which was pretty reasonable. It's a cool system; you get a card with points on it and stick it into the games. It keeps track of how many games you play. I played skee-ball (of course) and Spin the Wheel and a Mickey game. I earned enough points to get a pencil and eraser! Then I went to the Cafe and had a chocolate cake that was so big and so rich even I ate less than half of it! While I was there I played on the Internet. I didn't play any of the action games, but I would like to go back with someone to play with. Definitely going back to that place. Well worth the price of admission, and definitely play there on a Monday morning. There was no wait for any game I played. Went back to the hotel and just rested for a few hours. Now I am on my way to see Mickey and his Christmas Party. We'll see if I last until 1 am, and then if I can get up for early entry at Epcot tomorrow morning!
Later - I headed into the Magic Kingdom with a little time to spare before dinner. I found Mickey's fire engine company that sold fire related souvenirs, so I finally found a couple of things for Joe for Christmas. Then I headed to Tony's for dinner. A lovely restaurant with a Lady and the Tramp theme. I was seated looking at what appeared to be a window that you could look out on and see a city in the background with silhouettes of Lady and the Tramp. The food was fabulous! Definitely a go back again place. I had a pork chop with wild mushrooms and potatoes au gratin. The potatoes were sliced so thin and the cheese was so thick that they were hard to cut. They were delicious. The plan worked perfectly - when they closed the park at about 6:30 they took my ticket for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade and I just stayed in the restaurant. While I was eating it started pouring, but by the time I left it was down to a drizzle. It rained on and off all night but never hard enough to make anybody stop from doing anything. Fortunately the rain timed itself so none of the shows or parades or fireworks were canceled. When they opened the gates at 7:30, those of us in the restaurant got a jump on everyone else. I headed straight to Fantasyland and rode Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Snow White and got my picture taken all in the first 35 minutes! Then I headed to Tomorrowland for the show Mickey's Night Before Christmas. How cute was that! Tried to head into Frontierland but realized I couldn't get there because the roads were blocked for the parade. It also started to drip a little and I realized that I was standing under a covered spot with a perfect view of the parade coming over the bridge, and the parade had just started to pass by there. It was beautiful - everything was very Christmasy and lit up. Not anything near the Electric Parade, but this was just as wonderful in its own way. The crowds were congested, so I just headed towards the castle to see the 10:05 show and hoped that I would be able to see the fireworks from there. I stood near some nice people and we chatted for a while. I seem to have been adopted by older couples almost everywhere I went. The fireworks were incredible. At the end of their usual ones, they set off fireworks that ringed the Magic Kingdom, going off all around you in a circle around the park. It was so COOL! Then I saw the show. It also was wonderful. It was so neat to see all those things I have seen on TV right there in person. I shopped for a little, rode Buzz Lightyear a couple of times, did Peter Pan again and finally headed out at about 12:30. Made it back to the hotel at 1 am.

I didn't know about Mickeys Night Before Christmas! Thanks for adding that. Sounds like you had another magical day!

image1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

I've been reading that MVMCP was very crowded, but it seems you managed to get around fairly well. :)

We loved DQ too. We'll certainly go back again next time.

Thanks for sharing your day with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Some day I would love to do a solo Disney trip - but sigh not until dd grows up and maybe never then - lol. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter