Solo Christmas Adventure Day 2

LadyGuene

Earning My Ears
Today got off to a bumpy start, literally! Got up early to make early entry at MGM. I was tired and sore, so I got to the boat dock a little later than I planned. Boy was that a mistake! As our boat pulled into the dock at MGM, the engine quit. And, as we soon learned, when the engine quits so does the steering. The boat started to drift and drifted right past the dock. It kept right on drifting into the lagoon and finally crashed into a large blue wall. Then proceeded to drift at a little slower pace into the middle of the lagoon until another boat came, tied up next to us and towed us back to the dock. Fortunately no one was hurt and we all have one more story to add to our travel logs. Finally got into MGM at about 8:30, headed straight to Muppetvision and managed to catch the very first show of the day anyway. Then I had breakfast at the ABC Commissary. It was just a step up from McDonald's but it was just what I wanted. Headed over to the Beauty and the Beast show and then picked up a Fast Pass for the Little Mermaid. While I waited for my time I was thrilled to find a framed pin set of Maleficent with model drawings for only $45 dollars. I also picked up two sets of Christmas ornaments and some Villain stuff. It was time for the Little Mermaid, and what a wonderful show that was! Water, lasers, people, puppets, black lights; definitely one to see again. The I headed back to the hotel, stopped for a yummy Sundae from the Dolphin Fountain and ate it in front of the incredible Christmas tree. Then I headed up to the room to rest my blisters and watch the Bucs game.
Later - I don't see how things could get any better. I went to the Magic Kingdom, the crowds were already saving seats for the parade so I set out for Frontierland. The Internet was right; there were less people there. I sat with two ladies and we talked for the hour we waited for the parade. Main Street Electric Parade was amazing. So many lights and colors and designs! It was incredible! Then I headed out of the park and took the monorail to the Grand Floridian. The monorail stopped just as the fireworks at the MK were going off and we had a great view from the monorail. Then to the Grand Floridian. Again everyone was right, the decorations were beautiful. The gingerbread house was incredible. At least 15 feet tall and was a little store. The tree was three stories tall and absolutely incredible. I am running out of adjectives to describe all the marvelous things I have seen. Then I caught another monorail to Epcot. It also was amazing. The monorail rode right through the archway of lights, and past another gorgeous tree. I headed to Germany for a bratwurst - it was either better than the last time, or I was very hungry! I grabbed a cannolli in Italy and headed to the hotel, arriving just in time to see the fireworks from Epcot from off of my balcony.

What a way to start the day!! Glad nobody was hurt. I cant wait to see the gingerbread house. Thanks for another great report.

image1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

What an exciting early morning boat ride. :eek:

Please don't mention the Maleficent pin set and drawing to my family. They would turn green with envy.

Thanks for sharing your amazing day with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Your morning got off at a drifting pace - sorry I couldn't resist :D Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter