• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Character Dining Advice...

Mykelogan

Long time, no see!
Hi All!

I would like to go to a character meal on my solo trip this summer and was thinking breakfast seems like a good time. As I will be park oriented most mornings I was thinking Donald's Breakfastosaurus at AK or Crystal Palace at MK... as I have not been to either, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion to share... Does either one sound good or are their other options you might suggest?

Thanks so much in advance!!!
Mike ::MickeyMo

Mykelogan said:
As I will be park oriented most mornings I was thinking Donald's Breakfastosaurus at AK or Crystal Palace at MK... as I have not been to either, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion to share... Does either one sound good or are their other options you might suggest?

Hi Mike!!!
Doing a character breakfast solo is great. The characters seemed to spend a little more time with you since you're alone. At Cape May, Goofy sat down at the table with me, posed for pics and signed my postcard to my friend. That was fun!!!

Of the 2 you mentioned, I've only done CP, but MANY TIMES!! Pooh and the gang are great, stopping by often for pics and autographs. The Cape May one I did before heading to MGM - got one of the first seatings and was at MGM 15 min. before opening.

HTH - Enjoy!!!! :teeth:

second vote for Cape May Cafe - Goofy's beach blast.

Crystal Palace was okay.

I haven't done the Donald one yet!

I did CP solo...and it was "wonderful" to hug Pooh, Tigger, Piglet..WOW! :rotfl: BTW...it was the spur of the moment decision...I didn't need any ressies..just walked right up to the CM.

The characters do spend a little more time with you since you're alone.

Didn't know about Goofy being @ CM.....

Hmmmmm ........will try that one in Oct!! :cheer2:

I find that CP is the best for dinner when solo.
1900Park Fare is IMO the best solo breakfast.
Interaction for both was better than when I was there with family members. Maybe I just looked lonely, but the characters came over quite often or waved from other areas when I looked up from my plate.

I found that Chef Mickey's was not as enjoyable as a solo: possibly because it is always too full and noisy.

Thank you for all the great advice!
I called to make all my PS arrangements today and ended up booking both. I guess I'm a "dive right in" kinda guy. hehe

Mike :mickeybar

I have done both CP and Donald's B-fast at AK. I actually like Donald's a little better - seemed less chaotic than CP (or maybe it was the overdose of "mudd & bugs" cereal which has chocolate in it :goodvibes ). The Cape May breakfast is also fun for a change of pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter