• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo AKL 12/14-18

Joyce DC

Mouseketeer
My plans changed and I'll now be soloing at the AKL 12/14-18. If anyone would like to check out the AKL and/or eat at Boma or Jiko, just let me know! I'm very excited about this trip as I was going to cancel but they had a savannah room at AP rates yesterday (!!) when I called. I guess it was meant to be.

Joyce

I sure wish I was gong to be at WDW then, I would love to share a meal with you.

I won't be there then but I do hope you have a TERRIFIC trip!

As the time gets closer, I can tell you if I'm going to be in town. I live about 30 minutes from WDW and love to meet up with other DISers for meals.

The only reason that I can't commit right now is because of work. I've been having to go to Montreal a lot over the last few months. I may be up there during that time although I'm not currently scheduled to go then. I've had it change very quickly.

If you are interested, email me at bbrazeal@tampabay.rr.com.

Thanks for the responses. Bob: I do hope you aren't freezing in Toronto then. Keep me posted on your whereabouts!

Joyce

Looks like I'll be around that weekend. Although, I'm not sure if it's solo yet or not.

Basically, I'm going to look at the Christmas decorations... so a meal at Boma or Jiko sounds like a good idea to me. :)

I'll jump back on this thread when I know more.

That is so great. I have two DIS friends who were at AKL solo this week. They loved it!

You are going to have a <b>magical</b> trip!

We don't arrive at AKL untill 1/6 or would love to dine with you at Boma! We arrive at the Dolphin on 12/30 but will still miss you by a long shot! Maybe next time!

Ooo I found the AKL a great place for a solo traveller. The pool bar was a great place to sit and grab a drink and the bar staff were really friendly as were the rest of the customers.

I met up with another solo traveller there and we had breakfast together but I would have felt just fine and dandy having breakkie on my own in Bomas as the servers are great - ask for Laura if possible....she's fantastic:)

My housekeeping service made me flannel animals and I was really touched by this.

It's also a great resort for just sitting alone on your balcony and watching the animals.

A good resort for a solo traveller IMHO

Ooo I almost forgot you can also do the tours that the hotel offers - there are about 10 different activities - a firned of mine did the Culinary Tour and he said it was fantastic.

I know I missed Joyce on this (hope you had a great time;))....but I thought the info would be helpful to others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter