Sold Out Fort Question

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
How likely is it that the Fort will open up more tent sites for early December? We are looking at the first week of December and having no luck. I have been checking daily for a month and at the moment, we are hoping that around final payment time, when people cancel trips that more space will open, but is it wishful thinking?

We are booked for the 2 weeks after that at the Grand but had an extra week and a half free up in our schedule and now want to head down earlier for a non-park just vegging time at the Fort. It's our favorite place for the family to unwind and connect and enjoy our time together.

Thank you!!

It's not outside of reason, chances get better in that two week prior to arrival time. I've done it twice with premium sites. Typically I find what dates are already open and try to go ahead and book them. Then keep checking back for the other dates and add them, sometimes in groups and then link them when you get them rounded up.

I pulled it off this past March with three different reservations. Funny thing was, they gave me separate sets of MBs for each one. So we each got three MBs for that trip.

It's not outside of reason, chances get better in that two week prior to arrival time. I've done it twice with premium sites. Typically I find what dates are already open and try to go ahead and book them. Then keep checking back for the other dates and add them, sometimes in groups and then link them when you get them rounded up.

I pulled it off this past March with three different reservations. Funny thing was, they gave me separate sets of MBs for each one. So we each got three MBs for that trip.

Thank you so much!!! That keeps me happy and hopeful!

As we get closer to people having to have their payments in full and they can't go they cancel. There is hope yet to get the days you want.

We've pretty much always been able to get reservations by waiting when the reservation system said there was no dates available. I don't know if it's because of cancellations or because Disney releases most sites as time goes (I suspect this is more likely).

Having said that, it's hard to plan for reservation you might be able to get - we usually have some flexibility in our dates and just adjust as we get a reservation.

Thank you all! Our dates are not flexible as our Grand Floridian trip is booked and paid for, so we can only go that week before. We have an alternative place in St. Augustine booked but would prefer the Fort, as an old favorite instead of a hotel where we would just leave daily to shop, eat out or hit the beach and it is a bit chilly for long beach days.

Thanks to all the help here and even the coordination of a drop with someone, I have covered all but 1 night of our week stay! Thank you so much and now I have higher hopes of finding just that one day!! At least I hope it happens! LOL! It's right in the middle of our stay.

Thanks to all the help here and even the coordination of a drop with someone, I have covered all but 1 night of our week stay! Thank you so much and now I have higher hopes of finding just that one day!! At least I hope it happens! LOL! It's right in the middle of our stay.

I’m curious as to how you were able to find someone to coordinate a drop with. I am hoping to add 2 more nights to our trip!

I’m curious as to how you were able to find someone to coordinate a drop with. I am hoping to add 2 more nights to our trip!

Someone saw my post here and then sent me their phone number to coordinate the drop time. It worked out perfectly because as they dropped it, it showed up in my screen!! I have also kept checking daily to add on the other days, no I just have 1 more day to add!

Woooohooooooo, just got the last day we needed!!!! Thank you once again everyone! It only took us a total of about 20 days to get all the days and of course we now have 7 different reservations! LOL

Woooohooooooo, just got the last day we needed!!!! Thank you once again everyone! It only took us a total of about 20 days to get all the days and of course we now have 7 different reservations! LOL

Another winner! :dogdance:

You'd be surprised how many people, when they check daily (multiple times) that they CAN get the dates they want and piece together their vacation. If you're within 30 days, it might be harder but months out like this, it is doable. There is enough regular churn to make it possible.

Michelle, you can merge those multiple reservations together into one by calling the main reservation number and explain what you want done. The CM should transfer you to a group called Guest Services who will take all 7 numbers from you and create one single reservation out of them. Prevents you getting multiple Magic Bands. It can be done if your dates are consecutive and all of the same campsite type.

Congrats!

Bama Ed

Another winner! :dogdance:

You'd be surprised how many people, when they check daily (multiple times) that they CAN get the dates they want and piece together their vacation. If you're within 30 days, it might be harder but months out like this, it is doable. There is enough regular churn to make it possible.

Michelle, you can merge those multiple reservations together into one by calling the main reservation number and explain what you want done. The CM should transfer you to a group called Guest Services who will take all 7 numbers from you and create one single reservation out of them. Prevents you getting multiple Magic Bands. It can be done if your dates are consecutive and all of the same campsite type.

Congrats!

Bama Ed

Yes, they all are consecutive and for the same site type!! Thank you, looks like I will be calling first thing tomorrow!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!