SoG Revisited

Good Morning FirstNo-

We all received our yellow confirmation letters from Disney yesterday. None of them reflect that we all put deposits down on our credit cards, and none of them reflect our request for first floor. We called CRO, and they show no record of us paying, or our request. They said they also couldn't add our request in, that we had to call SoG. We also have a wierd package code on our ressies that CRO had no idea what it meant. They were 2 different ones. Shouldn't they be the same?

Thanks
Lauren:)

Here I am again. We did finally get our letter from SOG (they had the wrong address). We are checking in on April 2nd. But I'm leaving for a head start at another resort next Friday, and I'm afraid CR won't have time to get me a confirmation before I leave. But all this is old news. I took your advice and called yesterday (Friday) and tried to get a confirmation number for CR. They said there was no way they could get it for me, but they are sure CR will have my reservation under my name and it would be no problem.

I'm a worry-wart, and I'm not reassured. There have been quite a few times when a hotel had no reservation in my name, and I had to whip out the confirmation number. Name could be spelled wrong, etc. I really would feel so much more comfortable if I had a number in hand when we check in. What do you suggest for a next step?

Originally posted by laurenk
Good Morning FirstNo-

We all received our yellow confirmation letters from Disney yesterday. None of them reflect that we all put deposits down on our credit cards, and none of them reflect our request for first floor. We called CRO, and they show no record of us paying, or our request. They said they also couldn't add our request in, that we had to call SoG. We also have a wierd package code on our ressies that CRO had no idea what it meant. They were 2 different ones. Shouldn't they be the same?

Thanks
Lauren:)

Let me start off by saying I have no clue as to what your confirmation letter looks like or what it says. I have asked for a copy of one so I can have some kind of an idea of what the guest is talking about when I get asked the inevitable questions. Supposedly, the boss' boss has a copy of one, but she has yet to give it to us (you know, we just deal with the guests, why should we have one....ARGH!!!!!!!).

I'm coming to realize that the deposit amount does not show up on the confirmation letters, but we knew that would happen (we were told that should happen) and, most of the guests, should have been told to expect that. So, that one isn't a suprise for me.

We also are learning that it's stating your remaining balance is due by "x" date and we were told that would be removed. Doesn't seem like it's happened.

As for the requests, I've mentioned to other people that, supposedly, Disney can only see certain request codes. We STILL have not been told exactly which of those codes they are (yes, we're an organized bunch, can ya tell?).

So, with that stated, if you know there's a charge on your credit card, then your reservation is guaranteed and one of us has your deposit. I had been told all of the monies had been transferred to Disney. However, I have come across reservations for guests in Nov and I still see money on it. I don't know if the money is still with us or, if they realized their mistake from the Apr reservations. That mistake was, a guest would call to check on or cancel their reservation and we weren't showing a deposit because the money had been moved to Disney (but there were no notes telling anyone the money was moved). Unfortunately, we've had it happen in the past where agents forget to charge a credit card. If we don't see a deposit, we rightfully assume we didn't take one. At this point, I'm not sure that when we see money on a reservation, if that means we are still in control of the money OR if the money has been transferred, but they left the amount we had on the reservation so if the guest calls, we can tell them what we're showing or how much they'll be reimbursed for cancelling. Or, another thought just popped to mind, perhaps we're only doing deposit transfers once a month. When Apr 1 rolls around, we'll transfer all of the deposits we have for Apr reservations. When May 1 rolls around, we'll transfer those and so on. I just don't have the slightest idea. Downward communication seems to be a difficult thing lately and please believe me when I tell you it's twice as frustrating for me as it is for you.

I know nothing about the codes. Other than the special services codes (the ground floor, connecting rooms type of codes) we don't use codes. Do you have the old poolside rooms? I know those rooms are guaranteed first floor, facing the lake. Perhaps Disney created their own special codes to single out those guests so they know where they should be going? Just don't know....but I do know this transition time is seriously HOOVERING (can I write that?) at the moment....::::pulling out hair:::: :mad:

Originally posted by GrammieMame
Here I am again. We did finally get our letter from SOG (they had the wrong address). We are checking in on April 2nd. But I'm leaving for a head start at another resort next Friday, and I'm afraid CR won't have time to get me a confirmation before I leave. But all this is old news. I took your advice and called yesterday (Friday) and tried to get a confirmation number for CR. They said there was no way they could get it for me, but they are sure CR will have my reservation under my name and it would be no problem.

I'm a worry-wart, and I'm not reassured. There have been quite a few times when a hotel had no reservation in my name, and I had to whip out the confirmation number. Name could be spelled wrong, etc. I really would feel so much more comfortable if I had a number in hand when we check in. What do you suggest for a next step?

I don't blame you. I'd want a confirmation number, too. I have come across 2 reservations with Disney confirmation numbers on them. It looks like it's going to be an excrutiatingly slow process of placing them on our reservations. However, the agent you spoke with (unless my info is incorrect and since I always seem to be the last to know any thing, I may be wrong) was incorrect. He/She should have been able to place you on hold, call the Disney people we deal with (which is a different group than the people you talk to when you call CRO) and get your number for you.

If I were you, I'd call back again (not Monday...very busy) and ask for your confirmation number. If they tell you we don't have it, which is probably the truth (or, at least we don't have it where the agents can see it), tell them your situation. You're leaving on vacation this Friday and you won't be home to receive your Disney confirmation letter for you Apr 2 arrival date down here and you need your confirmation number NOW. Be nice and polite (because we're going to have a lot of rude and upset people about this, I can all ready see it) and ask the agent to please call Disney for you and get the number. There should be no reason why they can't do that for you. I would also verify the info you have with what Disney should have; i.e. 2 adults, 2 kids arriving this date departing that date and Disney should have a deposit of whatever that should have been transferred from SoG. And, if for some reason, you can't seem to get satisfaction out of the agent, you can always go to the supervisor. Even though they told us at the meeting that we should be able to call our Disney people for help, not every one pays attention during the meetings. Whomever you spoke with may have just missed, or forgotten, that bit of important info.

Hope that helped! :)

New question about SOG. What is the definition of "retired"? Does this include anyone that has served in the military or someone that has retired after a certain number of years? Thanks

Retired is someone who has served 20 years and recieves benefits, or is disabled with full benefits. Hope this helps.

We received our confirmation letters from Disney and everything looks okay. If we want to request anything special (for example, first floor or close to the tower), do we call SOG reservations or wait until 3 days before our arrival date and fax the room controller at Disney? We are arriving June 16th and have 3 rooms reserved.

Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated.

Debbie

FIRSTNO, Come back......

We finally got our airfare purchased. Prior to this we weren't definite on our dates. Now we know that we need to leave a day before our reservation ends. I tried calling Disney with my new confirmation number, but they said to call SoG. Do I go thru SoG for this? With my old confirmation number or the new one? I'm sure SoG is soooo busy, I really didn't want to have to trouble them, but not sure what to do.

Thanks for any tips, Carla

FirstNo,
Here's another questions and maybe some of your thoughts:

We have canceled our ressie for this Sept. I cancelled them on 2/13. I called 2 weeks ago to get an idea when we would received our money that we had paid and was told it went out on 2/28. We never received anything, so I called again. Then I was told it went out on 3/4. Still have received nothing. I called last week and told it had never even been sent out yet and it would go out the end of last week and I could call back to confirm. I called this past Friday to see if it was going out and left a message. No one called me back. I called back today, 3/18, and they couldn't find anything in the system while I waited on hold for 30 minutes! To say the least I am extremely frustrated. I know they are extremely busy with changes and cancellations. but I cannot believe they cannot give accurate information on this. I had sent a good bit of money and it seems they are not to willing to send it back. It will be 5 weeks. Any comments, suggestions???? Thanks!

Originally posted by disney4us2002
FIRSTNO, Come back......

We finally got our airfare purchased. Prior to this we weren't definite on our dates. Now we know that we need to leave a day before our reservation ends. I tried calling Disney with my new confirmation number, but they said to call SoG. Do I go thru SoG for this? With my old confirmation number or the new one? I'm sure SoG is soooo busy, I really didn't want to have to trouble them, but not sure what to do.

Thanks for any tips, Carla

As with ANY reservation booked through SoG (no matter what hotel it's for), you must go back through SoG to make any changes. If it's a SoG/CR ressy, you'll need to give the sponsor's SSN.

If it's an overflow ressy, you'll need the name of the resort and the name the reservation is under for us to pull it up. :)

Originally posted by tinkerbell1967
FirstNo,
Here's another questions and maybe some of your thoughts:

We have canceled our ressie for this Sept. I cancelled them on 2/13. I called 2 weeks ago to get an idea when we would received our money that we had paid and was told it went out on 2/28. We never received anything, so I called again. Then I was told it went out on 3/4. Still have received nothing. I called last week and told it had never even been sent out yet and it would go out the end of last week and I could call back to confirm. I called this past Friday to see if it was going out and left a message. No one called me back. I called back today, 3/18, and they couldn't find anything in the system while I waited on hold for 30 minutes! To say the least I am extremely frustrated. I know they are extremely busy with changes and cancellations. but I cannot believe they cannot give accurate information on this. I had sent a good bit of money and it seems they are not to willing to send it back. It will be 5 weeks. Any comments, suggestions???? Thanks!

Refunded deposits can take any where from 6-8 weeks to receive. If you paid by check, it can take up to 6 weeks. Credit card refunds can take up to 2 statements to reflect.

I imagine the accounting office has been extremely busy, what with almost all of them having to find new jobs as well as doing the money transfers for the reservations and refunds of cancellations. I'm going to guess they're backlogged.

If you want to be nice (and you certainly don't have to....this is money and someone like myself would be in need of that refund ASAP), you could give an extra 2 weeks if you paid by check or an extra statement if you paid by credit card. But, the "6 weeks/2 statements" is standard refund time. :)

First No:
I received a call on Tuesday from Shades of Green telling me that they definately sent out our checks on this past Monday, March 18th. I should see them anytime now. I really appreciated that they called me to tell me this and the girl I talked to was very pleasant and apologized for all the wrong info I had received. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter