SOG overflow

Shar5

Earning My Ears
Are looking to visit WDW in 2003 under SOG, but wondered if ressies can be overflowed into Poly? Has anyone gotten better than the Contemporary with SOG ressies? Thanks.

Shar

2001 SOG
1998 WL
1995 WL
1993 Contemporary
1991 Offsite
1974 Contemporary

Originally posted by Shar5
Are looking to visit WDW in 2003 under SOG, but wondered if ressies can be overflowed into Poly? Has anyone gotten better than the Contemporary with SOG ressies? Thanks.

Shar

2001 SOG
1998 WL
1995 WL
1993 Contemporary
1991 Offsite
1974 Contemporary

Under the normal rules (which should be in place for Sep 2003 bookings on ), you will not be able to book overflow until SoG is sold out and the waiting list closed. They only book 53 weeks in advance and overflow rates for the following year are usually not given to SoG until Aug-Oct of the current year. :)

Have they changed the rules? A couple of years ago, they asked us if we wanted waiting list or overflow. We chose overflow, and got a good rate at CBR. Is overflow now prohibited unless the waiting list is full?

I'm also interested in knowing.

It used to be that you didn't have to be placed on the wait/call back list. You could ask for and receive an overflow rate at the other WDW resorts.

Originally posted by AF Brenda
Have they changed the rules? A couple of years ago, they asked us if we wanted waiting list or overflow. We chose overflow, and got a good rate at CBR. Is overflow now prohibited unless the waiting list is full?

I've been there just a few weeks shy of 3yrs. Since my first day there, I was taught (and we had been told in staff meetings) that we were not allowed to sell overflow unless we were sold out and the wait list was closed.

The rules did change with Sep 11, due to the massive amount of cancellations we were receiving. At that time, the rule changed to no overflow at all, unless the guest was amending a current overflow reservation.

Once the cancellations went back to normal, the rules went back to the way they were before.

Now, with the hotel closure and placing guests into the Contemp, the rules have changed slightly again to where we are allowed to offer overflow, whether we are sold out or not.

The rules change based on $$. Once we start selling our own resort again, I wouldn't be surprised if the rules change again. :)

I guess a lot of the reservationists weren't following the rules then, because I know tons of people, including myself, that were offered either overflow or waiting list, and they chose overflow.

FirstNo -

We have plans to travel in Sept. 03 and want to get into SOG. I realize that is when construction is supposed to be finish, but I also realize that most construction projects are never completed on time. Once SOG starts booking for their own resort again, have they said how they will handle things if construction is not completed? Will their agreement with CR carry over at that point. I would think that CR would want a definitive date of completion so they can sell their own rooms once again.

Originally posted by Shar5

Shar

2001 SOG
1998 WL
1995 WL
1993 Contemporary
1991 Offsite
1974 Contemporary

It all depends on the time of year and how full they are at other resorts. I booked the Polynesian for the last week of March 2002 through SOG. Of course this was while SOG was still open but they were completely booked. I called in January and they offered me just about every resort on the property at a great discount. A few weeks later, the Polynesian as well as all the other deluxes were not available. The Polynesian was at 100% capacity the week we were there. So if Disney is trying to fill rooms it is possible and it depends on when you call. My advice is call frequently, you never know what they might be offering.

Originally posted by AF Brenda
I guess a lot of the reservationists weren't following the rules then, because I know tons of people, including myself, that were offered either overflow or waiting list, and they chose overflow.

Happens all the time. Just as people in other jobs don't follow the rules for whatever reasons. :)

Originally posted by Cameo
FirstNo -

We have plans to travel in Sept. 03 and want to get into SOG. I realize that is when construction is supposed to be finish, but I also realize that most construction projects are never completed on time. Once SOG starts booking for their own resort again, have they said how they will handle things if construction is not completed? Will their agreement with CR carry over at that point. I would think that CR would want a definitive date of completion so they can sell their own rooms once again.

Cart before the horse, at this point. They're still trying to work out the bugs on the guests we're booking to the CR for now. They can't even begin to think that far ahead.

IMO, it would be a mistake to start booking 53 weeks out when construction would only have been going on for 4.5 months. I think we need to wait until enough time has passed to where people can say, with as much assurance as they can give, that the place will be open 6 months from today (whenever 'today' is).

If things continue the way they've been going, we'll be lucky if we're told in mid Aug whether or not we will be booking 53 weeks out. At this point, we assume we're going to be booking and I've heard the rooms manager comment, more than once, we would. Nothing has been said about what would happen if we weren't ready. :)

FirstNo, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping us all informed!

It's nice to have someone on the inside to fill us in!:)

Do you know if they plan on installing a water slide at one of the pools?

Now I am a little confused. SOG has booked me in the Contemporary in May. Is there any possibility of getting another deluxe resort? I have never stayed at the Contemporary, but it is the least appealing to me of all the deluxe resorts.

Thanks!

Blueman

My friend just got WL for $134+tax on a SoG overflow rate for November. Her other choice was waitlist for SoG.

Anne

First No, do you know who is making the room assignments for the Shades guests. Is it Shades or the Contemporary? We've always been granted our request of connecting rooms. When my daughter checked in on the afternoon of March 31st, she was told that the Contemporary was not honoring any of Shades guests requests!:(

Hmm... I'm not sure who is making the room reservations. I did get a confirmation from Disney and a Disney Confirmation number. I was surprised since I thought the confirmation would come from Shades of Green.

Blueman, there are 2 different things those that qualify for SOG can do. One is to book SOG or go on a wait list for SOG. Another is to take an "overflow" rate to a Disney resort at a reduced rate(but NOT the SOG rate). Now that SOG is under construction, those that book to stay at SOG are being moved to CR-North wing AT the SOG rate! That is $95 for us! You will get a Disney confirmation with this and at some point a letter from SOG explaining the transfer. When you book overflow you also get a Disney confirmation and nothing from SOG. Anyway, tax is not paid on SOG rooms but is due on Disney rooms(including CR wing). Hope this helps!:)

Originally posted by Blondie
FirstNo, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping us all informed!

It's nice to have someone on the inside to fill us in!:)

Do you know if they plan on installing a water slide at one of the pools?

Welcome!!! I don't believe they'll be installing a water slide. There really isn't any room. And, unless plans have changed, there will not be another pool added. :(

Originally posted by blueman
Now I am a little confused. SOG has booked me in the Contemporary in May. Is there any possibility of getting another deluxe resort? I have never stayed at the Contemporary, but it is the least appealing to me of all the deluxe resorts.

Thanks!

Blueman

Sure! But, you will be paying the overflow rate and NOT the rate you would have paid at SoG. Depending on the deluxe and the season, here are the cheapest rates I can remember seeing (Keep in mind that we are only allotted so many rooms. Once those rooms are sold, the prices go up): BC/YC/BW - $169, Poly - $179, GF - $199 & WL - $139. Those rates do NOT include tax. :)

Originally posted by lbv
First No, do you know who is making the room assignments for the Shades guests. Is it Shades or the Contemporary? We've always been granted our request of connecting rooms. When my daughter checked in on the afternoon of March 31st, she was told that the Contemporary was not honoring any of Shades guests requests!:(

Room assignments come from the hotel you are staying at. We do not have the authority to assign rooms at a hotel that isn't ours. The ONLY guarantee on a room request we can give are for the old poolside rooms. Those rooms are guaranteed to be on the first floor, facing the lake. Even at SoG, we could not guarantee requests, but every effort was made to honor as many of them as we could.

If that was what your daughter was told, I would highly encourage her to send either call and ask to speak with the reservations manager so she can relay to the rooms manager, or send an email to us and it will be forwarded. The manager needs to know these things to try and fix them. However, it is Disney's right to not honor any request. They've done us a favor and it is their resort. But, what your daughter was told sounded like a very un-Disney like answer from a CM. :(

Originally posted by blueman
Hmm... I'm not sure who is making the room reservations. I did get a confirmation from Disney and a Disney Confirmation number. I was surprised since I thought the confirmation would come from Shades of Green.

The reservations are made by SoG and the confirmation letters and numbers are assigned by whatever hotel you are staying at (Disney, Royal Plaza, Holiday Inn, etc). You should have been advised of that when you made the reservation.

Once we are able to start booking our own resort, the confirmation letters and numbers will come from us, for our resort. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter