"Soft kitty, warm kitty" - Anyone else sad about TBBT ending?

I don’t think there was a significance to it being her specifically.

One casual reference in one episode over 12 seasons doesn't warrant a cameo on the series finale.
Totally and the more I think about it, the more stupid it seems to me. If they needed that plot device at all, I think it would have been nicer if it had been some random Swedish bombshell or one of Raj's old girlfriends; opening an imaginary door for his future.

Unless I watch illegally I have to wait until next Friday night. it gets broadcasted on Thursday but I am day shift so will be in bed when its shown.

Totally and the more I think about it, the more stupid it seems to me. If they needed that plot device at all, I think it would have been nicer if it had been some random Swedish bombshell or one of Raj's old girlfriends; opening an imaginary door for his future.

Or at least pick someone single. It was an odd choice.

I wonder if Bob Newhart is not feeling well or something because I really thought any "cameo" would be him, like another poster said possibly talking with Sheldon in a dream.

One casual reference in one episode over 12 seasons doesn't warrant a cameo on the series finale.

Yes, that's just the first example that came up. I was also under the impression it had been mentioned multiple times.

I think the Sarah Michelle Gellar thing was more a nod to their getting fabulous cameos through the years. Heck, if you go back to the first couple seasons, one time Raj says, "What about the actress from 'Blossom'? I hear she has a PhD in neuroscience or something." Well, the "actress from 'Blossom'" managed to turn what was supposed to be a cameo into a full-time gig.

Although I do agree with the PP--Sandra Bullock would have been an awesome choice.

I liked the ending and cameos were funny I thought. To be honest I was expecting more especially Newhart. But I was okay with the Seinfeld end so what do I know.
IMO Newhart still holds #1 spot for series ending show and don't ever see it being topped.

The appearance of Sarah Michelle Gellar is just because she is another "geek" icon for a popular sci-fi/fantasy show. That's it. It's not special to TBBT per se other than that they were all likely fans just as they were of Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, etc. That's it. Buffy was huge in those circles.

Would have been funny if it had a "The BOB NEWHART Show" type of ending with him showing up.

Here's my alternate Bob Newhart ending ----

Everything went as it did with Sheldon's speech but then ------

Bob in his Star Wars outfit walks up to Sheldon and puts his hand on his shoulder.

Sheldon wakes up to a BANG with a sudden sitting up in bed and has one of his super brainy confused looks and vocal expressions

NEXT is the replay from first episode

Penny: Oh, hi!

Leonard: Hi.

Sheldon: Hi.

Penny: Hi?

and so the story begins with an ending ....

Here's my alternate Bob Newhart ending ----

Everything went as it did with Sheldon's speech but then ------

Bob in his Star Wars outfit walks up to Sheldon and puts his hand on his shoulder.

Sheldon wakes up to a BANG with a sudden sitting up in bed and has one of his super brainy confused looks and vocal expressions

NEXT is the replay from first episode

Penny: Oh, hi!

Penny: Hi?

and so the story begins with an ending ....

I think the ending was perfect. Of course, being a huge BNL fan, I’m biased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter