sofa beds comfortable?

I'm 17 and I've slept on 3 sofa beds at Disney AKL, BC, BWV, each for 7 nights I didn't find them too be the most comfortable thing ever, but I didn't mind it. I was able to sleep fine every night. Although I'm usually at the parks from rope drop to closing so when I get into any bed after the long day I'm bound to just fall asleep and stay asleep. So personally i think they're just fine.

The older sleeper sofas in the DVC villas were the old innerspring mattress on a spring frame with the iron bars every so often. They have all pretty much been replaced with the three section memory foam pad on a platform. The foam pad isn't as thick as a mattress, so they tend towards the harder side.

This is my back up plan for our October trip this year - we are staying at BLT and since I haven't stayed there yet, am unsure how I will find the pull out. If I get there and find it is moderate at best, I will order a topper from Amazon right away!

We stayed at BLT in May 2016 (in a 2BD Villa - renting points) and my adult brother (44yo, 6'1") said the pull out was very comfortable. I remember reading that BLT has some of the most comfortable pull outs.

We stayed at BLT in May 2016 (in a 2BD Villa - renting points) and my adult brother (44yo, 6'1") said the pull out was very comfortable. I remember reading that BLT has some of the most comfortable pull outs.
The sofa was the most uncomfortable for sitting. It seemed like the seat was very short. My son preferred the sleeper chair at BLT over the sleeper sofa.

I thought I had read somewhere here that the resort will provide you with an egg crate mattress topper if you request one. Can anyone confirm that? We're heading to SSR at the end of May with my extended family and staying in a 2 bedroom villa. Because my husband is an early riser, he and I are sleeping on the sleeper sofa. If an egg crate is available from the resort, I'd just use that instead of purchasing one.

I thought I had read somewhere here that the resort will provide you with an egg crate mattress topper if you request one. Can anyone confirm that? We're heading to SSR at the end of May with my extended family and staying in a 2 bedroom villa. Because my husband is an early riser, he and I are sleeping on the sleeper sofa. If an egg crate is available from the resort, I'd just use that instead of purchasing one.

I don't have personal experience with this but am staying at SSR in August. On the DVC Resorts forum in the SSR threads, I did see several people talking about asking for and receiving an egg crate for the pull out sofa. They made it seem like it is a common request, at least for that resort. I'm hoping it's true.

I've used egg crate toppers at the Poly before, compliments of the house. We also requested one at Aulani last fall, and they didn't carry them, so we went to Target to buy one. I'd also check with the resort before purchasing one.

My DH has slept at least one night on the pull out sofa bed when we stay in a one bedroom villa (at Kidani, Bay lake, WL & BWV)when the kids took over the main king bed (it's a queen sofa bed), he says its very uncomfortable, he says he can feel the iron bar which hurts his back.

Our kids have slept on it and not complained at all. So I would say not as much for an adult sleeping on it.

I found the sofa bed at AKV to be perfectly fine. No bar, firm but definitely not as comfy as the bed. The sofa beds at AoA on the other hand are awful.

My DH has slept at least one night on the pull out sofa bed when we stay in a one bedroom villa (at Kidani, Bay lake, WL & BWV)when the kids took over the main king bed (it's a queen sofa bed), he says its very uncomfortable, he says he can feel the iron bar which hurts his back.

Our kids have slept on it and not complained at all. So I would say not as much for an adult sleeping on it.
There isn't an iron bar. It's more like a platform with a three section foam pad on it. Perfect for kids so the adults can have the king sized bed.

Even without the iron bar, I am not comfortable on the sofa beds. We always find somewhere to stay where anyone over 9 is in a real bed. Many adults are uncomfortable on these, although some people find them to be comfortable enough. It depends upon the individual, if there are any health issues or body issues that might make a less than perfect sleeping surface a problem.

Young people, especially small children, should be fine.

They are 100% fine. If anyone complains, tell them they can stay home and sleep in their own bed.

Sorry, but I really disagree with this. AT the prices you pay for WDW, everyone should expect to be comfortable for their night's sleep. Sleep is the main reason for the room, really.

Five nights on sofa bed, November 2015, BLT dedicated 2BR. I'm older than most and really thought the bed was comfortable. I slept well.

The sofa bed at Saratoga Springs is so bad that I prefer to sleep on the sofa without pulling the bed out. The back sofa cushions are removeable giving a little more space so it's good enough for one person on the sofa. Pulling it out into into a bed is NOT an option as the mattress is so thin that the bars are very noticeable.
I do not have any experience with sofa beds in other Disney resort rooms.

I just experienced the sofabeds at SSR and have to agree- absolutely horrible. The one I slept on at Wilderness Lodge in August 2016 was fine, this was miles away from that. Mattress was so thin it was like sleeping on the sidewalk. Also took two people to open it.

I just experienced the sofabeds at SSR and have to agree- absolutely horrible. The one I slept on at Wilderness Lodge in August 2016 was fine, this was miles away from that. Mattress was so thin it was like sleeping on the sidewalk. Also took two people to open it.
I concur. We just stayed at both SSR and CC (the new Villa rooms at WL) last week, using the sofa beds at both. Previously we'd stayed at BWV.
DD and DGD shared the sofa bed at BWV without issue, no complaints
I shared the one at CC with DGD and had no problems sleeping on it. Granted, this was for one night but still, it was fine. I was not sore or anything. And I'm far from young or thin.
However, what they have at SSR is criminal. That is not a bed. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell a room and call that a sleeping surface. And I'm serious. You couldn't even sit on the sofa comfortably but less sleep on it. How owners of any DVC property put up with that is beyond me. What are your dues going to? How do you use those things? How does Disney get away with calling that a sleeping surface?
Yes, we did call for egg crates. Took 3 tries to get them, which was highly annoying.
Call #1, asked for egg crate topper. They said no problem. Asked if we needed anything else. We said sure, an extra blanket would be good. Knock on door, delivered only blanket.
Call #2, asked for egg crate topper again. They showed up with a mattress pad. Explained that no, we need an egg crate so they went back to get that instead. They show up with them cut in to twin size. For a queen size bed. Why? Why cut them in to twin sizes?
Call #3, asked for 2 so we could actually cover the whole bed. Can't believe they needed to be told we wanted something for the entire bed.

And yes, I do realize going to the desk is the preferred way to get help. We were as far from the lobby as you could be, it was midnight and we wanted to go to sleep. I am not sure how we have gotten to the lobby so a phone call had to suffice.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to SSR until something is done to change the sofa bed situation. And honestly, it totally ruined me on buying to DVC. We'd be considering it prior to that. If this is what they give for Villas, I want none of it

I concur. We just stayed at both SSR and CC (the new Villa rooms at WL) last week, using the sofa beds at both. Previously we'd stayed at BWV.
DD and DGD shared the sofa bed at BWV without issue, no complaints
I shared the one at CC with DGD and had no problems sleeping on it. Granted, this was for one night but still, it was fine. I was not sore or anything. And I'm far from young or thin.
However, what they have at SSR is criminal. That is not a bed. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell a room and call that a sleeping surface. And I'm serious. You couldn't even sit on the sofa comfortably but less sleep on it. How owners of any DVC property put up with that is beyond me. What are your dues going to? How do you use those things? How does Disney get away with calling that a sleeping surface?
Yes, we did call for egg crates. Took 3 tries to get them, which was highly annoying.
Call #1, asked for egg crate topper. They said no problem. Asked if we needed anything else. We said sure, an extra blanket would be good. Knock on door, delivered only blanket.
Call #2, asked for egg crate topper again. They showed up with a mattress pad. Explained that no, we need an egg crate so they went back to get that instead. They show up with them cut in to twin size. For a queen size bed. Why? Why cut them in to twin sizes?
Call #3, asked for 2 so we could actually cover the whole bed. Can't believe they needed to be told we wanted something for the entire bed.

And yes, I do realize going to the desk is the preferred way to get help. We were as far from the lobby as you could be, it was midnight and we wanted to go to sleep. I am not sure how we have gotten to the lobby so a phone call had to suffice.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to SSR until something is done to change the sofa bed situation. And honestly, it totally ruined me on buying to DVC. We'd be considering it prior to that. If this is what they give for Villas, I want none of it

I called for an egg crate topper and was delivered a mattress pad and I wish I'd asked multiple times but I just assumed they didn't have any. Ugh, it was awful.

We also just returned from SSR and I agree, the sofa bed is absolutely horrendous. Aside from that, I also have red bite marks that popped up all over both feet after my sofa experience (which has been reported). I ended up folding it back up for the last 6 nights and sleeping on the cushions as someone else has stated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts